[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trek thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10
File: Mike_Piller.jpg (431 KB, 711x1009) Image search: [Google]
Mike_Piller.jpg
431 KB, 711x1009
>Braga when writing Janeway
>"Let's make a strong female character that isn't just an action hero with breasts, doesn't rely on sex-appeal, uses her brain, can talk or shoot her way out of a nasty situation and stands for values other than 'grrl power'!"
>Braga when writing Seven
>"I'M HORNY, PUT HER IN A CATSUIT AND GIVE HER AS MANY SEXUAL INNUENDOS AS POSSIBLE!"
This man was trusted with Star Trek over Ron Moore, Behr or Piller.
Let's hope he will work on the next series too
>>
File: rolaren7.jpg (84 KB, 1439x1079) Image search: [Google]
rolaren7.jpg
84 KB, 1439x1079
>>64164474
Braga would be better than Kurtzman, and I don't say that lightly

The new series will have strong women for sure, I just hope they write them half as well as the best trekfu
>>
is something known about the new series yet?¿ prime/nu or who is writting it?¿
>>
>>64166203
>appears 10 times
>quickly disappears in a cheap sendoff because the actress was not interested in DS9
We get it, she makes your dick hard, that doesn't make her the best thing ever.
I don't watch a lot of shows and TV, who exactly is that Kurtzman and what's wrong with him?
>>
they should have given Robert Hewitt Wolfe voyager instead of giving him Andromeda
>>
>>64166216
Apparently, Tholians might be involved. Good to have more non-humanoids.
None of the people involved in TNG, DS9, VOY or ENT are apparently involved for the moment. Auberjonois and Visitor said they would not be in it to tie the series in with previous canon. None of the writers are apparently in there. The Okudas would like to be part of it but apparently CBS' staff isn't interested (way to miss out, guys)
Oh, and lot of CBS bullshitting arround with distribution and online access too.
>>
>>64166260
I think her briefness lended to her ability to stay a strong female character. Didn't have time to get pigeonholed like Crusher (a mother), Troi (sex symbol) or Tasha (raped). Kurtzman was the the writer of both Nu-Trek films and is the executive producer on the new series.
>>
>>64166414
who was she?

i finished ds9 like a month ago and i don"t remember seeing her

also pics name checks out
>>
>>64166413
tholians, nice... first good star trek new i heard in a while
>>
>>64166526
She's in DS9, and she's basically the alpha version of Kira.
Was the first bajoran in a Trek show, and then appeard when they needed one more character to make a plot work.
She only had one good episode and that was the Next Phase
>>
File: headbandfu.jpg (109 KB, 1433x1079) Image search: [Google]
headbandfu.jpg
109 KB, 1433x1079
>>64166526
She wasn't in DS9, she was in TNG. Basically what >>64166583 said, except that Ro is the real thing and Kira is the shitty afterbirth. Also, EVERY episode with Ro is GOAT.
>>
>>64168038
I was going to comment on that episode when they become kids being pretty cheesy and not very good, but you'll probably do what you always do and say the actress was cute.
Despite her being very bad.
Even for a child actress.

Also, did Star Wars actually kill Trek once again? This thread is deader than ever.
>>
File: 1447740797627.jpg (2 MB, 3242x3855) Image search: [Google]
1447740797627.jpg
2 MB, 3242x3855
>no pictures of 7of9 in this thread

fuck this shit
>>
>>64168762

>Got bullied to tears on the set by Kate Mulgrew

Literally lel
>>
>>64168898
>got pimped out by her husband for gangbangs in stripclubs
>got obama the presidency

is there anyone more based?
>>
File: disgust.gif (1 MB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
1 MB, 240x300
>>64168263
Eh, I thought it was cute. But I can see how someone would hate that episode if you didn't like Ro. Trek is always pretty horrible when it comes to children episodes.

Trust me man, I know. I've made countless threads these past few weeks and some archive without a single post, or survive for a day or so and hit the bump limit. There seems to me no rhyme or reason to it. Weekends seem to be pretty popular in the evenings.
>>
>>64168898
>Kate Mulgrew

i googled this and its the first time i realized janeway was red on orange is the new black
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 442x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 442x332
>>64168038
I used to be a Ro-anon but I've seen the light and now recognize Kira as the superior Bajwhoran.
That said Ro is still great, and I would love to see the alternate universe where she stayed on for DS9 instead of Nana
>>
>>64164474
Threadly reminder that Janeway is best captain and did literally(literally!) nothing wrong!
>>
>>64171250
It's okay buddy, I forgive you. We all make mistakes. All you have to do is admit Ro is the S U P E R I O R bajoran babe.

A mirror episode with Forbes playing Kira's counterpart would have been interesting. I sometimes wonder how much better DS9 would be without having to look at that stinky space hag.
>>
>>64171744
I genuinely like Janeway alot and especially liked the series finale showing her finally saying to hell with the federation's rules.

Ironic that she gave coochiemoochie so much shit for being ma'quis though. If her daddy wasn't an admiral she would have been right there with Torres and Chipotle.
>>
File: Star Trek Voyager 41.jpg (781 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek Voyager 41.jpg
781 KB, 1200x1500
>>64168762
If you are trying to imply that a trek thread would be irrelevant with out Seven I'd have to agree with anon.
>>
>>64172199
>stinky space hag
Oh, it's you.
>>
>>64168898
is there an actual source for this. i've heard it before
>>
>>64173932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-w7Fat3sM
>>
File: rolaren16.jpg (116 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
rolaren16.jpg
116 KB, 1440x1080
>>64173214
i just thought I'd borrow the term
>>
>>64172986
Seven was literally autistic
>obsessed with scientific stuff
>hard time dealing with and reading emotions
>needs lessons just to interact with other people
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.