[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had a bad time at the movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11
File: movies.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
movies.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Have you ever had a bad time at the movies?
>>
Every time I see a flick by Nolan, Tarantino, Abrams, Fincher, Whedon, Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson and Denis Villenueve.
>>
My girlfriend had sex with me once at Mr. Popper's Penguins and I think the guys in front of us knew we were banging >__<
>>
File: XznvWxW.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
XznvWxW.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>64164355
>>
>Go see TDKR
>Can't hear anything over the gunshots
>>
>>64164398
Why do middle schoolers post here?
>>
Every time I go out I get super pissed at how others behave and shit in the theatre. I don't bother going any more.
>>
File: oh you.jpg (21 KB, 447x335) Image search: [Google]
oh you.jpg
21 KB, 447x335
>>64164499
>>
I went by myself to the theater and got the worst looks the whole time.
>>
One time this nigger was behind me talking on his phone the whole damn movie.
Guy next to him tells him to stop.
>"Mind yown fuckin' business "
>>
Never had a bad time. Once before a film started some girl in the front rows stood up and yelled to someone behind her "STOP KICKING MY FUCKING SEAT" and everyone in the theater clapped. I bet that person felt like shit throughout the whole thing.
>>
>>64164598

You should have lid him on fire
>>
>>64164300
Yes, especially when I saw spiderman 3.
>>
saw an X men movie, A shit one, and this lady had her 3 kids, a 2 toddlers and a baby, the toddlers behaved themselfs but the baby wouldnt stop screaming the whole movie. And the mother kept saying to the kids who each person was EVERY TIME they were on screen

>Magneto moves some metal

She turns to her kids and says " thats magneto "
>Wolverine gets his claws out

Thats Wolverine

Every god dam time through out the whole shitty movie while a baby was screaming constantly.
>>
Most recent case being while watching The Force Awakens, a guy behind me was going ''HOLY SHIT THE MILLENIUM FALCON!'' and ''YEP, THAT'S HAN SOLO!!'' and things like that.

Also my brother was the one who bought the tickets. He ended up buying tickets to a 3D screening which doesn't work on my eyes most of the time, so the whole movie was a somewhat blurry eyesore.
>>
>>64164863

Holy fuck, and didn't anyone say anything to her?
>>
>>64164915
You cant say anything bad to a mother anon!

Seriously I will never understand why people bring fucking babies to a movie
>>
I saw TFA at a theater where the tickets had a reserved seat on them and some cheap fucks next to me had their daughter switching laps to sit on so they could save on a ticket.
>>
Yes. Almost always.
>saw Green Inferno; crowd was loud and rowdy
>saw It Follows; drunk asshole beside me wouldn't shut up for 20 minutes
>see Star Wars; old lady passes out halfway through movie
>The Rover; middle aged retard who can't handle a slow burn and talked during the movie; ate two tubs of popcorn
>Fantastic Four; in a theatre of 4 people, some beta Asian dude was nibblin on his wife's (?) neck and singing in her ear

Just some awful times off the top of my head.

Creed was actually a good experience though.
>>
>>64164300
yes
literally that picture happened to me
bit spent the whole fucking movie on her phone
it was step brothers
>>
>>64164863
Bizarre that a mother would take her kids to a capeshit.
Usually it's a Disney/Pixar movie or its its a mother's special day it's like a Katherine Heigl comedy because a two year old don't care.
>>
>>64164541
This.
It's gotten so bad.
People talk on their phones or to their friends, they text or they yell shit out thinking their Eddie Murphy circa 1983.
Oh and the eating is just as bad.
>>
Not really, not if you count a cramped midnight premiere of Deathly Hallows pt2.

But i do have a couple funny stories.

>watching Straight Outta Compton at the theater
>Near the end of the movie, its when Dre was leaving Death Row
>sitting near the top because we got there late
>Fat blonde kid, probably no older than 13, runs in
>runs up the steps to the top
>pauses for a minute, wheezing like the fat little shit he is
>whispers loudly "wrong theater"
>bolts down the steps and out the door
>could still hear that pudgy little fucker wheezing on his way out
>>
>>64165895
>>Fantastic Four; in a theatre of 4 people, some beta Asian dude was nibblin on his wife's (?) neck and singing in her ear
>singing in her ear
That's fucking alpha
>>
>>64166148
Not if you saw the way she treated him. He was slouching towards her when they left. She had him wrapped around her finger.
>>
>>64164300
Girl did pic related, but she talked extra loud and we had to drag her out of the cinema. She went with us
Other time was buying a seat and finding some girls sitting on ours, we said we bought those positions and she said 'just get any other, it doesn't matter'. She moved later on.
Last one was someone doing some selfie with flash.
>>
>>64166365
Went to watch Cars 2 with my little niece and some scenes started playing before the movie, people started to throw things at the screen and scream for them to skip to the movie.
I'm not Indian but it was almost like the video.
https://youtu.be/AvwxLjpouGE?t=59s
>>
Yeah one time I got attacked because I was throwing popcorn at the people sitting in front of me. I do that almost every time, but this time some chad-looking faggot apparently thought he was not gonna stand for it.
>>
>>64166519
Imagine the smell in there.
>>
Ya an indian man sat next to me when I watched Spectre and he took off his sandals (it was christmas day) and he was moving in his sit through out the movie and yawning really loudly.
I hate shitskins now
>>
When I saw TDKR some fucking kid kept running up and down the aisles screaming about wanting candy and when I shushed him after 5 minutes of it his extremely fat, smelly as fuck native grandma with tits touching the floor said she'd get her nephews to beat me up after the movie.

Spoilers they didn't but it was fucking annoying. At least the little shit didn't start acting up 'til after the plane scene.
>>
>last movie star wars 7
>this bitch with her bf get a call whene they complete the map to get to Skywalker.
>She get up.
>her bf hold her, but she go anyways.
>Get back when there is j.j. Abrams writen in bleu.

her bf must go apshit if she ask him what happend.
>>
Last time I was at the cinémathèque there was people talking throughout, screaming babbies, the guy behind me kept yawning really loud constantly and some faggot two rows right ahead of me on tinder the entire film so I threw popcorn at him throughout the movie and he never knew it was me
>>
>>64164499
>underated post
>>
>go into the theatre showers
>old men stare at my dick the entire time

Anyone know the best way to avoid that happening? It makes me hella uncomfortable.
>>
I forget what my friend and I were watching but it must've been pretty funny and we were only 14 at the time. Some fat bald guy sitting in front of us got mad when we started laughing our asses off. He said something along the lines of 'excuse me there are people trying to watch.' Of course he was alone and looked like a manchild.
>>
>>64164300
>Twice
1999 - Watched South Park movie in theaters. Operation human shield scene. I'm the only one laughing while everyone is quiet as fuck.

2004: Watched Starsky and Hutch. House explosion scene where black kid goes flying. LMAO while everyone else is quiet.

Both times I secretly left to go to the bathroom and come back and sit in a different spot.
>>
>>64164897
>too autistic to learn stereo vision

Pleb detected
>>
>Go to see Force awakens
>It's packed so we sit in back row
>Literal 8 year olds screaming penis like they just discovered the word, making weird clicking noises, all while their mother is sitting right there
>Move slightly closer middle row during coming attractions because only open seats left away from these literal retard kids
>Behind us is a Latino family, like 12 members
>Two literal edge lords directly behind us start making fun of their sister. They have to be at least 15. The father brings them popcorn and berates one of them before going to sit back down.
>Coming attractions start, the Disney movie with the sloths show a trailer
>Everyone laughing, the two Venezuelan edge lords behind me star really loudly fake laughing like HAHAHAHA SO ORIGINAL screaming it
>I can already tell how this is going to go
>Every major part they scream NO FUCKING WAY sarcastically, every joke they scream SO ORIGINAL HAHAHA
>Parents sitting 3 seats away not saying anything
>Retard kids in the back start joining in, they're yelling to each other
>Me, brother and father resisting urge to beat the shit out of 2 teenage assholes and their entire family
>Movie ends, we walk out and are directly behind these faggots going out of the door
>Two of the lankiest, skinniest looking fuck boys I've ever seen, typical edge lord oh so cool attitude
>Me brother and father look at each other
>Timetofuckwiththem.jpg
>I say loudly "The movie was good, gotta love the commentary"
>Literally right in front of us as were packed in the line to move out they hear and start squirming a bit
>Dad, scary guy, plays along and says "Yeah. Some people think they're fucking cool and tough when really they're little bitches" so they can clearly hear it
>Bro says "They look like bitches don't they?"
>Kids start to panic, rush past their 12 cousins and sister out to the bathroom
>We go down and demand free tickets, get them
>Still enjoyed the fuck out of the movie, and get to go again
>>
File: sadcryfrog.jpg (106 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
sadcryfrog.jpg
106 KB, 644x781
went to the movies with my dad and some older kids were throwing popcorn at me, i hope my dad didn't notice.
>>
>>64167261
Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is under no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favor and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?
>>
>>64166776
poo vindaloo stew
>>
File: 1451200679650.jpg (379 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451200679650.jpg
379 KB, 2000x1000
>Went to go see force awakens opening day
>entire theater is crammed so I have to sit next to this overweight, shit reeking, neckband supernerd
>guy uncontrollebly cries at opening crawl
>Screams everytime something from OT shows up
>tells guy to stfu
>he tells me to not be such a casual fan and feel passion of movie
>decide to spoil kylo killing Han because /tv/ spoiled it the night before
>guy sinks into his seat teary eyed
>mfw dark side
>>
Went and saw this some years back http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0230600/. Several packs of feral chimps in the theater, hooting and chimping on phones, talking to film not recognizing it wasn't an interactive medium. Now I go to better theaters.
>>
>>64164300
yes, when I watched the star shit. I was never so bored and even went for more snacks without giving a shit or missing anything
>>
>>64164300

I basically only go to movies in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday that I have off from work. the theater rarely has more than 15-20 people in it at that time especially if I go see a movie after it's been out for a week or two

I can't really stand being in a full theater surrounded by people eating poutine and hamburgers
>>
>Watched Pacific Rim in 3D
More noteworthy though
>Went with a bunch of people to see Kingsman
>Film is ok
>Guy next to me talks irritatedly to himself during the Freebird scene
>Whatever
>When the heads start blowing up like fireworks this fucking mohammed next to me starts complaining audibly to himself
>"Yo this movie is fucked"
>"I fuck this movie"
>"Seriöst mannen"
>He keeps complaining until the heads stop blowing up
>Peace and quiet at last
>He starts again when the girl says "You want to fuck me in the asshole"
Life in Sweden, folks.
This and stories about the audience clapping during movies is why I never go to theatres anymore.
>>
>>64164300
I left jackass 3D because it was only being shown in an urban area and the nogs brought their kids and let them play in the aisles while they literally openly drank and hooped and hollered

I almost left django unchained because I was sitting next to a black family and I could feel their stares every time I laughed and it was so uncomfortable
>>
File: 1450701707558.jpg (315 KB, 1028x579) Image search: [Google]
1450701707558.jpg
315 KB, 1028x579
the nerd lmao humor in the martian was really painful to watch with all the people laughing at stupid crap
>>
>>64164300
When I saw Inception at the theatre, some guy was laughing at the movie the entire time. I'm not sure if he was tripping balls on something or being sarchastic or what. The movie (which I liked, you can't hate the DiCaprio plz no bully) and the theatre were good enough to keep my mind off of him for the most part, but it was still highly annoying when he started laughing every time something happened.

That also reminds me, when I went to see Dark Knight (best cape-shit movie, even better than the other two in its trilogy plz no bully but bane is a played-out meme), the theatre's speakers were fucked up and didn't sound right, like they were reverse-polarity or something. I had to re-watch it later on blu-ray to fully appreciate it.

Finally, Shrek 3 in the theatres. That movie is cruel and unusual punishment.
>>
>>64170024

also 3D was 3 bucks more and there were only a few scenes using it
>>
>>64170101

for you
>>
I only watch movies that I know I'll like
>>
>>64170201
like all those people who went to see Phantom Menace the day it came out thinking it was gonna be as good as the OT.
>>
Snuck into Inside Out to get around the mandatorh adult male pedophile screening and they caught me about halfway. My falcon was confiscated and incinerated later...it was awful.
>>
>>64164300
Just saw QT's H8ful 8 with my gf

Samuel Jackson's Big Black Dingus scene came on and people were laughing and clapping. Even my fucking gf was blushing and giggling.

Why does everyone in Portland love the Big Black Dingus
>>
>>64164300

There was a baby that wouldn't stop crying when I saw Spiderman 3. Amazing film, though.
>>
>go to see force awakens
>some guy's cellphone goes off
>he answers it and starts chatting for like 2 minutes
>everyone too pussy to say anything
>about an hour later he gets another call, answers it again
>another guy in another row: "hey, asshole! shut off your phone"
>bitch sitting right next to me is like "UM EXCUSE ME THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE"
>"they probably swear worse than that"
then finally everyone shut the fuck up
>>
File: 00001.png (168 KB, 368x282) Image search: [Google]
00001.png
168 KB, 368x282
>going to see force awakens
>Kids everywhere
>fuck
>kid is yelling to his mum about how Darth Maul is in this one
>opening crawl
>mother is taking pictures of the next to me
>I'm probably in the photo
>I give her the most disgusted look
>her little shit of a kid talks through the entire fucking movie
>Kids behind me kicking my seat
>every scene
>"THIS IS A GOOD BIT MUM TRUST ME"
>why do I go to the cinema again?
>>
Several:

>watching the third Narnia film. I got to the bit where the blonde kid and the talking rat are sword duelling. The camera freezes so we see a still image with audio for 5 minutes.
>i also went to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 for a friend's birthday. He was the only one in the room laughing at any of the jokes, whilst me and the rest sat in awkward silence.
>>
the force awakens.. i fucking hated it

in the theater people were applauding and wooping this terrible rehash cashgrab. I was visibly shaking and on verge of tears by the last 20 minutes of the film, i felt like screaming and pulling my hair out but i was just muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.
>>
>>64168899
you did good, fucking fat people I hate them so fucking much
>>
>>64173395
>"this is reddit, this is memes"
Calm down you fucking autist. It's a film.
>>
I got an army's worth of death stares after James Cameron's Avatar. I was pissing myself with laughter at the death of Neytiri's father. "Wakey Wakey", fucking comedy gold!
>>
Some redditor tried to walk out of the force awakens so I tripped him up on his way and all my 4chan bros in the theatre laughed at him and poured popcorn over his new balance shoes
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 680x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 680x554
>>64173395
>visibly shaking?
>verge of tears?

Wow. Not even someone from /v/ would act like this whinging cunt. I am fucking done with this board.
>>
>>64173532
>film
bro that's a flick you're talking about
>>
>at Superman movie with my dad (the recent one w/Cavill)
>sitting behind some guy
>dad eating popcorn loudly
>dude turns around to tell him to be quiet
>dad won't
>have to spend the whole movie trying to sink back into my chair and phase through the building back home every time the guy half turns around to say something for the whole movie
>>
>>64173859
Fair enough, but does this guy really need to come here and throw a tantrum?
>>
>>64168899
A L P H A
L
P
H
A
>>
>>64173956
Give this nigga some chicken!
>>
File: 1448609268469.jpg (77 KB, 663x467) Image search: [Google]
1448609268469.jpg
77 KB, 663x467
Black audiences always ruin the movies
>>
>>64173844
>defending a star flick

seriously just got off the boat from reddit? this flick was horrible I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 10 minutes it was so painful.
>>
>Lord of the Ring Extended Edition on Bluray
>to promote the release they re-release the extended editions in theaters
>this may be my only chance to see all three films, director cuts, in theaters
>everyone claps and cheers when The Lord of the Rings title comes on
>okay whatever, so long as they're quiet the rest of the film
>The Fellowship of the Ring title comes on
>more cheering and applause
>okay, well, there won't be any more titles for the rest of the film, so at least it's over now
>Gandalf shows up for the first time
>cheering and applause
>really?
>Merry and Pippin show up for the first time
>applause and hoots
>for fuck's sake. At least we're done introducing the main characters now.
>in the middle of the fucking film, at the Council of Elrond, they start cheering more when Legolas and Gimili and Boromir show up
>are you fucking serious.jpg
>skip ahead through more of this nightmare
>in the middle of fucking Return of the King, the girls start shrieking when Figwit delivers his one and only line in the trilogy

Fucking Americans. I don't care that you're excited about the film, we're all excited, just stuff your twenty pounds of popcorn in your mouth and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>64174110
How the fuck am I defending TFA? I'm just saying that you are really overreacting.
>>
>>64174384
it's a meme you dip
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 467x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 467x508
>>64174110
>writhing around on the floor

I feel sorry for you: must be really bad coping with Assburgers Syndrome. Tell you what, I'll bring you a nice cool glass of iced bleach. Will that make you feel better little guy?
>>
>>64174562
how new are you? he's posting pasta
>>
>Harry Potter 6
>The Force Awakens
>Iron Man 3

>All uncomfortable experiences with loud noises, shushing and babies.

Meanwhile,

>Sicario
>It Follows
>Gone Girl
>The Wolf of Wall Street
>Tokyo Tribe
>The Immigrant

>Peacefully calm yet enthralling experiences.

Hmmm i wonder why
>>
>>64174658
I really wanted to watch Sicario but I had to watch Spectre instead
>>
>>64174713
Both were pretty okay to good for me. With Sicario getting the upper hand cause of that god tier tension.
>>
>>64174633
Oh... I feel pretty shitty now...
Sorry.
>>
Some nerd during LOTR: Return of the King kept clapping at every damn scene.

Fuckin nerds.

Other than that, no.
>>
File: image.png (450 KB, 489x630) Image search: [Google]
image.png
450 KB, 489x630
>>64174061
Just as they have always ruined musical audiences
>>
>>64174255
who the FUCK is figwit?
>>
Went to see the second Crow movie, and it was awful. I wanted to leave but my ride was making out with his GF the whole movie. I fell asleep. It was a shitty waste of time, that I paid for.
>>
>>64174908
Some generic background elf from the first film who became a minge-moistening star for some reason. Some girl commented "Frollo Is Great Who Is That", thus spawning the mass popularity of an elf who does jack shit in the film. He's basically medieval Boba Fett, without the fleshed out universe that made Boba Fett so based.
>>
>>64174633
I haven't seen this pasta before.
>>
>>64164398
Yes, of course that happened. You totally fucked your girlfriend dude!
>>
Got shitty seats right in the corner of the front row for the imax 3d showing of TFA so I couldn't see jackshit the entire movie
>>
>>64173311
>why do I go to the cinema again?
so you can get stories to greentext on /tv/.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.