[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Galaxy Quest is better than all of Star Trek. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: galaxy-quest_0.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-quest_0.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
Galaxy Quest is better than all of Star Trek.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Doesn't say much since Babylon 5 : Crusade is already better than most of Star Trek.
>>
>>64164143

Is that really a hard thing? Star Trek was shit from the beginning, and the shows that followed TOS just made it worse. And let's not even get into the movies
>>
>>64164143
Literally a Glib Facsimile
>>
DS9 > Galaxy Quest > rest of Trek
>>
>>64164143
Better than all of the movies yes
Shows is a whole different story
>>
>>64164143
Galaxy Quest will always be based
>>
>>64164143
Measure of a Man
>>
Star Trek has all said and done like maybe 60 good episodes. Out of every episode, every season, every series. When its good, its great. But everything else is like 3-4/10 campy-scifi at best.
>>
>>64164143

but it couldn't exist without Star Trek to be an affectionate parody of
>>
>>64164432
too bad it got toned down from an R rating, although all we lost is probably a few fucks and an explanation to why tony shaloub was always so mellow and snacking all the time
>>
>>64165416
1,75m reporting in
>>
>>64164143
Not to put too fine a point on it, OP, but your framing of your premise gives away how young, easily impressed and how impervious to
alternative points of view you are. In short, you're either a troll, or too young to understand "debate." Or maybe both. Come back when your voice changes, son.
>>
>>64164170
it boggles my mind why Babylon 5 and all its interpretations are better than anything else, yet receives almost no praise at all.
>>
File: babylonclaudiab5_s1_019[1].jpg (61 KB, 800x465) Image search: [Google]
babylonclaudiab5_s1_019[1].jpg
61 KB, 800x465
>>64164170
>>64168074
So much this. I just started watching it and was taken aback at how sophisticated it is in terms writing, compared to everything else. It feels like it's meant for an older audience or something. It's a little weird that there's such a large focus laid on the diplomats and a associated political dramas that arise around them, yet it actually ends up being quite interesting. Also, the CGI really isn't THAT bad. Plus there's this qt.
>>
>>64168074
>not that sucessful when it aired, and competed with bigger shows with larger audiences
>did not age well (mostly due to visuals and acting)
>saturated its licence with movies and Crusade, while there wasn't that much demand
>not as marketable and as marketed as other shows and movies were

>>64168429
>Ivanova not present during season 5
>Delenn was actually qt while full-Minbari
>then turns into a freakish hybrid with off-proportionned face and bone over hair
>Talia Winters gets spaced in S2 because she is a flag-burning traitor and Psywhore
>no more sleder hands in leather gloves and sharp pencil dress
oh well
>>
>>64168429
Sad thing is, it stopped right at the point where it could have started to really dig deeper, so some elements feel unpolished.
For instance, you have the league of non-aligned worlds, with a lot of established races, that are present on the station, yet we know next to nothing about most of them. The one we know more are the Dhrazi and yet we barely see them in a couple episodes.
It's on things like this that the show wasted a lot of its potential for the sake of advancing its story. Which is perfectly understandable, but still a little frustrating.
>>
>>64168631
Damn :(

>>64168841
have the creators done anything else?
>>
>>64169889
Yes, but I haven't seen any of it so I'm not going to comment on it
check Straczynski on any database
>>
>people think rest of trek is better than DS9
>people think Star Wars is better than DS9
>people think baby5 is better than DS9
>>
>>64170379
>people think rest of trek is better than DS9
The rest of Trek is better at doing other things, DS9 is better than the rest of Trek at doing some things.
>people think Star Wars is better than DS9
Literally no one who has seen both is decently saying this. Not to mention there is little common ground to compare the two.
>people think baby5 is better than DS9
Again, B5 is better at doing some things (political discussion and tension, international dynamics, diplomacy, existencial/origin exploration) and DS9 at doing other things (character dynamics and drama, actual action, depiction of alien civilizations)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.