[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Williams write an underwhelming score to fuck JJ? I bet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: NE8Yop90CD49b8_1_1.jpg (76 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
NE8Yop90CD49b8_1_1.jpg
76 KB, 500x492
Did Williams write an underwhelming score to fuck JJ?

I bet Williams and Lucas are bros.
>>
I'm convinced that 60 Seconds segment was a smokeshow and Williams had nothing to do with the score.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM
>>
No, John just couldn't keep up with jj's breakneck speed for pace to create new iconic theme
>>
Outside the trailer music (which reused previous themes) I can't think of any memorable tracks from The Force Awakens. Every prequel had at least one track that made me leave the cinema thinking, "Shit, that one piece of music was really good."
>>
File: exmach-1422026632377_1280w.jpg (467 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
exmach-1422026632377_1280w.jpg
467 KB, 1280x720
>>64163232

William's wrote Rey's theme and the Jedi Steps. Everything else was a ghostwriter. He is barely healthy enough to perform concerts in the States once a year. Do you really think he's going to take a trans-Atlantic trip to England for a 2-3 month job where he needs to conduct every day?

They would have been better off just saying he was advising the score, but he personally wrote and conducted a few songs just because of how passionate he is. Would have made for a better story.
>>
>>64163443
Rey's theme and the Jedi Steps were both really good
>>
>>64163443
Yeah, because that's the only thing stood out from the prequel
>>
>>64163474
I want to believe. Source?
>>
>B-but JJ, Episode VIII hasn't even begun filming yet! Why are you asking me to compose music for the next two movies now?
>>
>>64163543

no source. I think it's pretty much what happened though. He's cancelled concerts left and right the past 2 years due to health concerns. No chance he worked more than 20 hours on this score. It's obvious if you listen to it that it is missing his touch
>>
>>64163576
A new composer might be a good idea. The last good Williams pieces were the Harry Potter theme and Across the Stars
>>
>>64163374
This sounds exactly like Harry Potter. Nevermind it's the only remotely """"memorable"""" part of the soundtrack.
>>
>>64163483
Pretty much, yeah. The music, sound design, and some of the vehicle designs were what I liked the most.

The Force Awakens rehashed most of these. Same music themes, very similar sound effects, very similar vehicle designs.

It was actually really nice to hear some of the themes again, like Princess Leia's Theme/Han Solo and the Princess. But nothing new stood out to me.
>>
>>64163232
He didn't compose most of the soundtrack.
He conducted all of it, but the majority is ghost-composed.
And give the guy some slack, he is 80 and already composed SW scores 6 times. At that point it could have been a better move to hand it to somebody else who would have a fresh take on it.
>>
File: john-williams-george-lucas.jpg (41 KB, 510x512) Image search: [Google]
john-williams-george-lucas.jpg
41 KB, 510x512
>Hey George, this scummy jew from Disney comes up to me and tells me to score something good.
>What did you do John?
>I just copypasted all the old tracks, just like the movie does.
>Just like poetry, John.
>>
>>64163823
I'm guessing this.

Star Wars has some sacred cows. "But it's JOHN WILLIAMS music, so it's Star Wars!"

What did Kenny Baker do? I remember hearing he was cast as R2-D2, now he's the "R2-D2 Consultant" or something. Not that R2-D2 moved much, so it was probably someone else or a remote controlled unit. Why did they need Kenny Baker? So his name could be in the credits?
>>
>>64163864
>Hey George, this scummy jew from Disney
But George IS the jew.
He even thought he could sell off LucasArts and still have total control over it, i.e he would sign off the scripts, designs in the end.
Which didn't happen, there are articles about this, he got soo much butthurt and he didnt even need the money yet his jewish instincts had him go and and tell his jewish friend that he was interested in selling everything off because he hasnt made a movie in a while so somehow Disney would make one and have him be the shotcaller

he is delusional as fuck
>>
VIII will feel even less like a SW movie because I doubt Williams will be involved. Disney probably only did it for TFA to bait the fans.
>>
>Based John WIlliams is 83 and sick.
>this might actually be the last thing he composed and conducted
That would be awfuly sad.
>>
>>64163232
The Lost World was his last great non-prequel score
>>
In a weird way, the fact that the TFA soundtrack sounds subpar for Star Wars and kind of phoned-in will make it hurt less when we start hearing non-Williams music in Star Wars movies. If we were still getting Across the Stars tier tracks it would be a lot more depressing.
>>
>>64164297

Hell no. Johnny should go out with a bang and make it even more obvious why only he's worthy of composing for SW.
>>
The music was one of the most disappointing things about this movie for me actually. I was fucking bummed.

I love the Han/Leia love theme and I was glad to hear it again but all of the new music was so underwhelming it devastated me.
>>
>>64164396

I will also add since I forgot:

I wish now they would have just had Michael Giacchino do the score since he can make some pretty decent and good original material while can revamp and respects greatly the old musical material. He definitely has his own style but Williams did not fit this movie at all.
>>
>>64164388

I know they won't do it because of... ya know... Jews 'n that, but I would be 100% okay if they did what they did for the video games and just used existing Williams music for future movies. I mean, that music is fundamentally part of the DNA of Star Wars, and without it the movies will seem slightly off.
>>
>>64164191
>Episode VIII trailer
>inception horn blares
>>
What about Prisoner of Azkaban?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlNnn5wgTs

I think this is one of his best scores.
>>
>>64164714
kek
>>
>>64163374

Reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD6jrJKUXqY

and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bL5YzUZIgc
>>
>>64163232
Or maybe not all artists are able to produce great work every single fucking time that they try?

Occam's razor is a hell of a logical thing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.