[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I like that wookie. what did she mean by this ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7
File: Maz_Kanata_VD.jpg (136 KB, 416x474) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata_VD.jpg
136 KB, 416x474
>I like that wookie.

what did she mean by this ?
>>
BIG
>>
BIG
>>
HAIRY
>>
FURRY
>>
MINIONS
>>
>Have vast array of alien designs to choose from
>Pick an orange midget for the one with the most dialogue & plot presence
>>
we did it reddit we finally did it
>>
File: 1450957367817.jpg (17 KB, 481x466) Image search: [Google]
1450957367817.jpg
17 KB, 481x466
if she wasn't going to be Exposition: The Character why did she even exist? It would have been more interesting if Han had the lightsaber, saying that he came across it in his travels and held on to it in case Luke ever came back. And then he could have given it to Rey at some point when he realized (but didn't say) that she was Luke's kid.
>>
>>64163288
she was designed after JJ's old school teacher. They didn't go full crazy with her design.
>>
BANANA
>>
>>64163348

They needed some alium characters or something
>>
>>64163348
They were planning to use her a lot more but cut a lot of her scenes
>>
>>64163357

His old teacher was an orange?
>>
>>64163477
Yes.
>>
It was cool to show someone who was attuned to the force without being caught up in the jedi/ sith bullshit hope we see more people like that.
>>
>>64163196

She meant "We are of Disney now"
>>
File: NE2CEXz4MN1D62_1_b.jpg (66 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NE2CEXz4MN1D62_1_b.jpg
66 KB, 600x316
so who was he supposed to be, some priest? why did he have the map to luke?
>>
>>64163196
>those garbage looking cgi lenses
What happened to practical effects
>>
>>64163528
Yeah, I always wondered why there weren't any mainstream Force religions for the common man, for how prevalent and demonstrable it is there's only two secretive groups interested in it.
>>
>>64163680
Literally nobody knows at this point. Why was there even a map? Who made it? Did Luke know he would eventually be needed? Why did he become such a little bitch if he did know this?
>>
>>64163680
He was Ming the Merciless
>>
>>64163348
Better yet, replace everything she does with Leia.
That way Leia does more in the movie. Also her knowing shit about the force and having Luke's lightsaber makes way more sense considering she's force sensitive, and Luke probably explained a lot about the force to her, being a teacher.
>>
>>64163196
wtf they put Minions in this movie too?
>>
>>64163196
fucking product placement
>>
>>64163196
she fucks him
>>
>these two lines made Chewie's family and the Holiday special non-canon
BASED ABRAMS
>>
File: Yaddle-SWE.jpg (39 KB, 432x504) Image search: [Google]
Yaddle-SWE.jpg
39 KB, 432x504
>>64163196
Maz a shit. Yaddle's return when? It's been 16 years now.
>>
>>64163818

whoa whoa whoa whoa you want character development in a JJ Abrams flick? GET THIS HOT HEAD OUTTA HEA
>>
>resistance is looking for luke for decades
>finally compile a map to his location
>"we should let this new girl who we just met go and find him and we'll just stay home"
>>
>>64164160
She was smart enough to tackle the Starkiller base when those dumbass fucks did nothing so why not?
>>
>>64164195
>Chewie and Han do all the work
>Poe then blows shit up
>Rey gets credit for it
this is why nobody likes her
>>
File: breewkS[1].gif (881 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
breewkS[1].gif
881 KB, 360x270
>>64163196
At least she's turtley enough for the Turtle Club
>>
>>64164195
Han and Chewie were the ones who did all the work at the base and Poe blew the base up. Again, why is Rey suddenly elevated to such a high status?
>>
>>64164255
>>64164375
Someday, Chewaca will get a medal.
Just have faith.
>>
>>64163196
She wants his big hairy dick
>>
>>64164059
Holy shit I didn't expect two threads about Yaddle just when I finally get to make a post about her.
>>
>>64164506
I was both sad and mad that no one came to comfort Chewie when he lost his lifelong buddy Han.
Wookies have feelings too.
>>
>>64163680
I thought it might mean Luke left him the map just in case he was needed again. So it was more than a coincidence the map and Rey were on the same planet
>>
>>64164690
Unless Rey was an aprentice of Luke that got her memories wiped or changed, and that's why she was in the same planet as the guy and the map.
>>
>>64164375
Because Finn is in a coma so she probably told some story that downplayed everyone else and ended with her saving Finns life. When she get's some time alone with Chewie she Jedi Mind tricks him into calming down and being loyal to her. That's why he walks right past Leia once they get back to the base. Since the resistance and Leia are pretty damn trusting anyway taking Finns word for it that he's not a double agent and sending him to the Starkiller with her husband to sabotage the base, taking Reys word doesn't seem that much of a stretch. What They don't know is that this was all set up by Snoke to wipe out the last of the Jedi. He told Kylo to make Finn betray the First Order out side of Jakku planning for him to run into his sleeper agent Rey that would present herself as a cute and capable force sensitive candidate that would eventually be led to right to Luke. Kylo would have never left her their with susceptible guards if she had shown even a mild knowledge of the force, she was supposed to escape. Kylo didn't kill Finn on the planet because Rey needed to look like a hero. Their fight was little more than a show for anyone that might be watching. Leia wasn't strong enough in the force to feel it but Luke recognizes the dark side in her immediately and that's why there's that tense standoff at the end of the movie. Rey is trying to succor him in with the same handing over the light saber move Kylo killed Han with.
>>
>>64163680

YOU SHOULD HAVE ACTED

THEY'RE ALREADY HERE
>>
>>64163680
He's a member of the Church of the Force.

Seriously, it's in a book or something. I laughed when I read it.
>>
>>64165160
woah buddy, I like the theory but Star Wars can't go that deep and maintain it's mainstream audience.
>>
>>64165644
I think you just said my writing ability is too good to be in a Star Wars movie, THANK YOU. I mean it's not that hard to accomplish but thanks for noticing.
>>
>>64165404
>>64165504
>>64165644
>>64165954

WTF are all these 4's?
>>
>>64164375
>Han
Dead
>Chewie
Illegible mostly, probs wants a vacay
>Finn
Fucked off

So yeah, why not Rey?
>>
>>64165997
4 u
>>
>>64163196
>y..y..you k..know how yoda w..was 900?
>yeah w..well m..maz is 1000
>>
>>64163818
That sounds nice and logical. Shame about the final result
>>
>>64166047

They should have said she was "a million years old" and leave it at that to keep it ambiguous
>>
>>64164689
Yeah, Leia didn't even give him a hug as he came off of the ship, despite knowing what was going on.

What the fuck, Abrams? You kill off a character and can't be assed to give him a proper funeral? Fucking Qui-Gon got a more emotional send-off.
>>
>>64166111
checked
>>
>>64166047
She should've looked like a 14 years old girl to be hones
>>
>>64166025
Finn has no right to see Luke. You know who does? His fucking widowed sister who has spent years trying to find him. What, the Rebellion 2: Electric Boogaloo can't function for a week while she flies off to do that? Fine, send Wedge, or literally any of his old friends he fought a war with, or who had helped him build his temple. Don't just send some starry-eyed kid to say, "Hey, one of your best and oldest friends is dead at the hands of that same guy who fucked up your entire life plan because you're a shit teacher, now teach me."
>>
>>64163196
She was looking to put on some lipstick if you know what I mean
>>
>>64166111
Some people wanted a funeral scene? Gross.
>>
>>64166247
Did you forget Chewie went too?
>>
>>64166311
Not a funeral, but the slightest acknowledgement between the two people who knew and loved him best would be nice.
>>
>>64163196
WOOKIED
>>
>>64166344
Yeah, he went and stayed by the car. Sent the girl up to do all the talking for him, despite that fact that (even if Luke hasn't learned Wookie yet) translation is piss-easy, and some demanding little girl is apparently the best person to get him out of his exile and break the news.
>>
>>64165997
The 4s awaken.
>>
FURBALLED
>>
>>64166465
Did you forget that she is basically Jedi material and luke's lightsaber "called" to her. Do you think her and Maz just kept that shit a secret? Obviously they send they person who has exhibited force powers, probably so Luke can train her for a while before they bring him back.
>>
>>64163196
She wants the wookie nookie
>>
>>64165997
may the 4s be with u
>>
>>64166982
No, I didn't forget.

Luke went into exile because he fucked up so badly the last time he was teaching, literally everyone at the school was murdered except for Luke and the murderers (and if that field of bodies shot was accurate, it was a ton of people). The proper way to get someone back after that is not to send another kid for training without A) giving him the much more important news that Han is dead, and all the other shit he's missed in exile, along with time to grieve, and B) finding out if he actually wants to teach the little shit.

There are so many ways to handle the situation, and literally the worst one is the one they chose.
>>
>>64166409
All in the sequel :)
>>
>>64167169
I think they see it as a last-ditch effort even though they just destroyed the base.

Like we have to at least try to get another jedi trained so we have a fighting chance. The republic isn't immune from making shit decisions and maybe we'll see the repercussions of sending her in the next movies.

Maybe they don't think Luke will be ready to come back and help until he's willing to train another padawan.
>>
>>64167320
>Like we have to at least try to get another jedi trained so we have a fighting chance

Why? Do they smell the Mary Sue on her and realise she'll solve their problems? Luke was useful in destroying the original Death Star, and rescuing Han during their ass-backwards plan at Jabba's, but it's not like everything relies on someone who can swing a laser sword around.

Something that the prequels failed at (and the new ones probably will to) was making Jedi the center of everything. The galaxy shouldn't revolve around a couple people with mediocre super-powers; the Empire was destroyed by regular people who would have killed both the Emperor and Darth Vader when DSII blew up.
>>
Why make her an elderly yet use a young woman pretending to sound old (and failing miserably) as her voice actor?!?
>>
>>64167616
Because they wanted another black person so they can get those SJW dollars, but they knew putting two black people on screen at the same time makes it a black movie, which makes no money from 95% of the world.
>>
>>64167616
Lupita's voice acting was clearly not the problem with the character. It was just a shitty Pixar design that didn't fit the movie visually and giving her more scenes would have cost a lot and required too much time to CGI well.
>>
>>64163818
>>64166247
I wonder how much Carrie Fisher's situation factored into her scenes and screen time, and if she will be able to appear in another movie.
>>
>>64168005
I thought she was clean now?
>>
>>64163680
That's a story for another time
>>
>>64168260
Permanent damage
>>
>>64163196

Why didn't they just put Lupita in space goggles and a weird head wrap and save like 5 million dollars on CGI that looked terrible anyways.
>>
>>64168465
Because they needed a new Yoda for the pottery to be complete.
>>
>>64168260
>Anonymous 12/28/15(Mon)00:57:49 No.64168260>>64168387>>64168005
>I thought she was clean now?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zsERzZt9dro

nah m8
>>
>>64163196
jar jar orange
>>
>>64168997
jesus that voice is so gravelly and awful
>>
>>64165160
that's a fucking exceptional explanation that will unfortunately never happen because it's too complex for what is essentially a kids' movie
>>
File: 1450923046737.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1450923046737.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>64163348
Because wise old aliens of diminutive stature are a thing that's in Star Wars, and The Force Awakens had to be full of things that are in Star Wars.

That's what people came away from with the Prequels, not that they were badly written, but they were somehow, "Not Star Wars" enough despite being full of poetry.

JJ does the same thing but even harder, and no one cares because the story isn't retarded. The fans just want the same shit in a slightly different way.
>>
Was she literally fem-yoda?
>>
>>64170869
Not really. She was an old wise alien so in that sense, yeah, but she didn't really teach anyone anything. Just told Rey to take the lightsaber because it 'called to her' and then the rest was just her being kooky and weird
>>
File: 18f115fa1bqnejpg.jpg (29 KB, 470x324) Image search: [Google]
18f115fa1bqnejpg.jpg
29 KB, 470x324
>>64163196

Imagine this zillion year old female minion sucking on Chewy's wrinkly grey hairy nob.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.