[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mistress America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: mistress america2.jpg (137 KB, 844x476) Image search: [Google]
mistress america2.jpg
137 KB, 844x476
What did /tv/ think of it?
>>
Do I need to watch this if I've already seen Frances Ha?
>>
>>64163090
Was just thinking of checking it out.
>>
I fucking hate white people
>>
File: greta1.jpg (74 KB, 550x827) Image search: [Google]
greta1.jpg
74 KB, 550x827
Do you think Baumbach makes Greta do really kinky feet stuff to him when he's "directing" her?
>>
>>64163090
I liked it a lot. It was short, sweet, and to the point. And just when I was thinking there were way too many "small scenes" they pull out a big elaborate scene in the last half hour that put the movie in another level. I loved Lola Kirke and think she's a lot more talented than her older sister. It reminded me of Breakfast at Tiffanys except the Fred expy was a manipulative cunt, but Greta did a great Holly Golightly impression.
>>
>>64163090
loved it senpai both 2 main actresses are cute af
>>
>>64163410
but Greta and that fat rich guy were literally the only white people in the movie.
>>
>>64163332
yes.
it's top 5 of this year.
>>
It is nice.
>>
>>64163332
Do l need to watch Francis Ha having seen Mistress America?
>>
a bit yawn but she was nice
>>
>>64163090
I liked Frances Ha better, but I think that's because I liked Gerwig's character better in that than in Mistress America. I enjoyed both of them.

How's "While We're Young"? Is that any good?
>>
File: 1424684660565.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1424684660565.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>64164266
>it's top 5 of this year.
>Noah Baumbach
>>
>>64164843
While We're Young is very funny and has some pretty great scenes at the end. Charles Grodin, Adam Driver, and Naomi Watts are all fantastic.
>>
it was ok. the stylized dialogue and characterization didn't work as well as in some things in the genre, but the performances were strong.
>>
>>64165048
2005 and 2013 were very good years for Baumbach.
>>
>>64163090

Brilliant. Sort of the perfect marriage of FH and WWY, with the self reflexiveness re: filmmaking and artistry of WWY and a sort of deconstruction of the FH archetype. Amazing soundtrack.
>>
I fucking hate Noah Baumbach and I wouldn't mind shitting on his chest, maybe then he could get some inspiration to not make insipid pitchfork-friendly trash
>>
>>64166118

epic i like your style
>>
>>64163090
i hated frances ha, fucking unbearing childish american young adults whining about stupid shit and how difficult adulthood is, should I watch this?
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MDYzMzMyMzY3.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MDYzMzMyMzY3.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>64166118
Worst part is Baumbach only got his break because of this guy.
>>
>>64166222
>unbearing

You're doing great
>>
>>64166222
Yeah, because in this Baumbach is basically mocking Frances the whole time.
>>
>>64166064
Do people actually like While We're Young? I thought it was just plain average.
>>
>>64166862
I liked it. It was average for Baumbach sure but he always brings the best out of Ben Stiller, and that's nice. Plus it was legitimately funny unlike Frances Ha.
>>
>>64164843
While We're Young is worse. It's all over the place and the climax is laughably bad. It often repeats itself and goes on a little too long.
>>
>>64167272
>the climax is laughably bad.
In your fucking opinion. I thought it was the most interesting part of the movie.
>>
>>64166222
It's the same, but more clearly self-aware.

It's much more a comedy. Frances Ha was mostly cute, but this is funny.
>>
>>64166862
>Do people actually like While We're Young?

Some, yeah. Weird how opinions work, right? They're not actually all the same as yours.
>>
>>64166862
people say that about all of his movies. They get a lot of hate, more than anything just because hipsters like them.
>>
>>64163332
I was pleasantly surprised as it was much better than Francis Ha. It felt like a movie, not as hipster drivel- quirky 30yo acting like children
>>
>>64166314
You must have missed the ending
>>
>>64168682
meh, they were both assholes.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.