[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the pace too fast? I noticed in moments of personal character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ff3f3f.png (876 KB, 1235x606) Image search: [Google]
ff3f3f.png
876 KB, 1235x606
Was the pace too fast?

I noticed in moments of personal character interaction or plot revelations the pace didn't slow down
>>
>>64161046
Yeah. I will say they saved a lot of time and dumb anguish when Rey didn't initiate the Liar Revealed plot by being a bitch. She was fine with him not being in the resistance, since for all she cared he was on the same side anyway. However, the movie sort of wastes this time by having Finn decide to puss out and run, only to change his mind. If they cut that part and Finn maybe stayed loyal to the mission (idk, maybe he should have had a hint Poe was still alive?), Maz's exposition could have been much more meaningful and told us more in a better way.

I do like her, though. And the overall movie was an excellent flick. As emo and over the top as people make KR out to be, I felt like he was very sympathetic and I want him to be Snoke's dragon so bad. It's just so *star wars* to finally have an evil sith lord.
>>
>>64161046
I think it should have slowed down occasionally to let emotional moments sink in but there are no brakes on the money train.
>>
IV was also too fast.
>>
>>64161259
It slowed down when they landed on that planet and they went into that bar.
>>
>>64161289
I disagree. I think ESB was the quickest out of the original trilogy. Ewoks aside, ROTJ was brilliantly paced.
>>
replace the stupid Rathtar scene with more character building stuff and it would've been fine.

JJ also made the Star Treks too fast and add.
>>
>>64161238

i thought KR was the strongest character in the movie. unclear motivation for now but his emotions were strong and really gave him a presence on screen. a lot more interesting than Poe who was pretty much a hotshot and thats it
>>
>>64161349
ROTJ had slowest pacing of the OT due to some of the duller moments in it. ROTJ is easily the weakest of the OT.
>>
>>64161349
>Ewoks aside, ROTJ was brilliantly paced.
The first half hour was filler

>>64161385
>stupid Rathtar scene
Star Wars movies need to have monsters, it's a staple
>>
>>64161463
not true. where was the big killer monster in ANH?
>>
>>64161338

yes finn deciding to leave was slowed enough to breath, but the important part of the whole bar scene was that rey realizes she's force sensitive, and it blew through that part so quickly
>>
>>64161497
There's a big monster in the trash compactor in ANH.
>>
>>64161439
I can live with a Poe in the movie. Every movie needs their dumb pilot who saves the day.

>>64161463
I disagree with your first point. You need to learn about what kind of guy jabba is, and how much power he has, before Luke just walking in and making demands, otherwise it would seem sort of stupid. Besides, nothing gets you in a star-warsy mood like a big cantina shot full of scummy aliens
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.