[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, was Finn pretty much completely useless? In the OC trilogy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 12sz4545sde54.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
12sz4545sde54.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
So, was Finn pretty much completely useless?
In the OC trilogy, all the charters had a certain skill that was useful.
>Luke
Being a Jedi and also a good pilot.
>Han
Owing the Millennium Falcon, being able to drive it and having experience in dangerous situations.
>Leia
Being a Princess and having the Rebel army behind her.
>R2-D2
Can hack into computers.
>C-3PO
Can translate most languages.
>Chewbacca
Co-pilot and mechanical knowledge. Experienced fighter.
>Finn
??? Knew some shit about star killer base ???
>>
He might not have skills but he wasn't useless. If it wasn't for him Poe would be dead and the map to Luke would be in the hands of The First Order.
>>
>thinking of characters in terms of their usefulness
I bet you're a eugenicist
>>
>>64158993
>gayest trip I've ever scene
>>
>>64158898
He saved Poe, told the Resistance about the thermal occilator, and was the only reason Rey got off the Starkiller by bringing the ground team to save her.
>>
File: 1451210064825.jpg (9 KB, 320x283) Image search: [Google]
1451210064825.jpg
9 KB, 320x283
He's my favorite new character. He was the only one that acted like an actual human being in dangerous situations, plus he had character development which can't really be said about the others. I really don't get the hate he gets.
>>
I like how they made him so bland and inoffensive that even hardcore /pol/tards can't really pick on him

JJ is such a coward
>>
>>64159813
I agree with you brother, He was one of the only new characters I liked, his dialogue was humorous and his scene's were always the best.
I found Rey a boring ass rushed Mary Sue.
Finn>Rey
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6377609
>>
>>64159813
This.
Finn was a full character.
Rey was a Mary Sue.

I expected Finn to be either a perfect infallible gentleman to appeal to the SJW crowd, or a cocky alpha for the pleb masses.
But he was often wrong idiot who was a god damned janitor.

Compared to Rey he was brilliant.
>>
>>64159044
scene A or scene B?
>>
I think he just has heart.
>>
Anyone else notice Finn hears despairing voices when the Starkiller destroys that system? (Watched the movie twice, so I'm pretty damn sure.)
>>
>>64161121
Speaking of Finn hearing voices, I swear there was a sound affect when that trooper died and smeared his helmet.
Like the sound effect that plays when the Force is being used.
>>
>>64158993
>Using a trip
I bet you're an attention whore.
>>
Why does a Stormtrooper, raised, conditioned and trained (probably brainwashed too) to be an obedient soldier since childhood have such a plucky bright personality?
>>
>>64160901
>>64161157
Which is why I think he's related to Mace Windu, it's not surprising anymore that Jedi can't keep their dicks in their pants.
He was most likely found and taken after Order 66.
>>
>>64161157
Why people going around saying this nigga ain't force sensitive, man. Movie indicates otherwise
>>
>>64158993
Go live in africa if you don't value usefulness then.
>>
He's the basis for the whole plot. He doesn;t save Poe dameron and the First Order easily catches BB-8.
If he's not there to be the gunner on the Falcon, Rey gets shot down and murdered or probably more likely never leaves Jakku at all like she wanted to.
If he's not there with the Falcon, Chewie and Han never enter the story.
Without him the Rebellion doesn't have a way to shut down the shields of the Starkiller and the First Order wins.
>>
>>64161242
>i'm gonna give attention to an attention whore
>not ignoring all trip posts

Moron
>>
>>64161306
Nah fuck that.
Kylo being a sKYwalker/soLO is enough family pottery for me.

Everyone else should just have no body parents.

Besides, Mace the type of nigga that doesn't leave loose ends, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>64161309
why doesnt maz kanata mention something if the force is with him? wouldnt she sense it?
>>
>>64161309
He is but they're most likely saving for a future episode.
We gotta rush Mary Sue's development of course.
>>
>>64161306
he's the son of mace windu and lando calrissian

screenshot this. im right
>>
>>64161309
Finn isn't Force sensitive.
But Poe is.

In one of the canon post OT, preTFA books, Luke gives Poe's parents a magic Force tree.

And, the most damning bit of evidence is that the Star War series uses piloting ability as a "This person is really strong in the Force."

It all started with Luke bullseying whomp rats, then Anakin the pod racer.
Now Rey flew the Falcon like a god damned madman on her first flight ever.

That as a hint to show that she's Force sensitive.

Now Poe is the same. Multiple times he's called the best damned pilot in the Resistance. He's good pilot guy.

All the other characters whose piloting ability was highlighted are Jedi.
>>
He's the heart of the group.
>>
File: 1450951458025-1.jpg (93 KB, 655x518) Image search: [Google]
1450951458025-1.jpg
93 KB, 655x518
>>64158993
What's wrong with being a eugenicist faŠ¼?
>>
>>64161515
good point. But at the same time those sfx seem pretty deliberate, and it'd (kinda) explain how he lasts more than one second against kylo. I understand kylo was toying with him, and injured, but Finn still graced his shoulder with the saber similar to what Luke does to Vader in V. With similar consequences
>>
>>64161649
What about han
>>
>>64161779
He was a character before Star Wars entered MAXIMUM POTTERY mode.
Established before a pattern could be developed.
>>
He helped rey get off the desert planet and fight tie fighters. But she probably could have done that herself.

He had deep knowledge of sanitation, but he never really used it. Also wasn't he a regular soldier at the start of the movie?

He was kind of the leading-man love interest for rey, but she friend zoned him pretty hard.

Yeah he was pretty useless
>>
>>64161984
>Also wasn't he a regular soldier at the start of the movie?
They said it was his first combat mission.
Presumably he got promoted.
Or maybe teenagers do menial things before they turn 18
>>
>>64158898
I thought Fin was a good character.
>>
>>64161984
He was a good friend.
>>
>>64158898
>Finn was completely useless
In the story? No. Finn was the person who got the plot going. He's sort of the C3P0 to BB-8's R2D2.
>>
>>64158898

He knows lots about the internal operations of the first order, you know the primary villain.
>>
>>64161306
>He was most likely found and taken after Order 66.
Order 66 took place before Luke and Leia were born, familiant.
>>
>>64158898
It was the will of the force. Allah akbar
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.