[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Force Awakens is no remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: DuTEfgb (1).jpg (527 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
DuTEfgb (1).jpg
527 KB, 1536x864
http://mashable.com/2015/12/23/force-awakens-is-no-remake/#CKvCqHqpisql

>Have you seen the original? You have? Great. Just wanted to make sure. Because that means you know it doesn't start with the massacre of a small village of innocents, doesn't end with the surprise discovery of a galactic hermit, doesn't have a vision sparked by a lightsaber at its exact centerpoint, right? I'm wondering in what way you see those plot-crucial moments existing in A New Hope.

Did we follow the daring escape of a random Stormtrooper in Darth Vader's legions? Because I don't remember that, either. Nor do I remember a woman in virtual serfdom being the main protagonist and focus of the Force. I do recall the bartender at the Mos Eisley Cantina being a thousand-year-old mystic who can see into your soul and drives the plot forward in important — no, wait, he was a surly dude who was racist about droids.

Contrarian retards BTFO
>>
>>64158840
>general plot is the same
>they even build a THIRD fucking Death Star
>''THERE WAS NO DUDE CALLED FINN THEY ARE NOT REMAKES BTFO''
>>
Take your clickbait article and shitty post to reddit
>>
Lmao the people who don't like TFA are a smalllll minority, the fact that Mashable made an article defending insecure normalfag opinions is hilarious. Guess we're getting to them.

Also,
>Browing Mashable
>>
>>64158840
>implying Star Wars doesn't have lucky plot coincidences
>also implying the force isn't responsible
>>
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with childish sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
We followed the escape of Han Solo from Jabba. Han eventually became a good guy similar to Finn.
>>
>>64158929
>Guess we're getting to them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPfNIGSdTjI
>>
File: 1436977919390.jpg (13 KB, 259x253) Image search: [Google]
1436977919390.jpg
13 KB, 259x253
>>64159374
why was family matters such a joy?
>>
>>64158840
1. secret locked in a droid by a rebel hero
2. droid crash-lands on desert planet, pursued by the empire
3. droid runs into the hero, who grudgingly agrees to look after it
4. Escapes desert planet in the Millennium Falcon
5. Meets an old mentor who tells the hero about the Force
6. Old mentor killed by the Sith
7. Another Death Star
8. Trench run

etc., etc.

I enjoyed it, but it's definitely a reboot of Episode IV, only luke is a girl version of john cena instead of a whiny child
>>
yes even if the execution of the movie was changed the ripoff of the plot points are still the same. these superficial defenders are really retarded.
>>
>>64158840
Nostalgia fags always complain about new stuff. TFA could have done everything they say would have worked out better and they'd still complain.
>>
>>64158840
They're right, it's a facsimile.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.