[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ related controversial opinions I fucking hate French New Wave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Jean-Luc-Godard-bn.jpg (659 KB, 3140x2040) Image search: [Google]
Jean-Luc-Godard-bn.jpg
659 KB, 3140x2040
/tv/ related controversial opinions

I fucking hate French New Wave
>>
>>64157902
Why do you hate it?
>>
I just hate godard, who for some reason has become the face of the frenc new wave
>>
>>64157973
Try Vardes
>>
>>64157951
2quirky4me
>>
>>64158088
Well, what are your favorite films?
>>
I like movies.
>>
>>64158104
most things by Jarmusch and Kitano. probably Mystery Train.
>>
>>64158156
fuck off pleb scum
>>
I like the style, I just hate the content.
>>
File: Jean-Luc.jpg (71 KB, 615x465) Image search: [Google]
Jean-Luc.jpg
71 KB, 615x465
>>64157902
>controversial
>>
>>64158010
I've seen most of her works
>>
>>64158010
>>64158835
read that as varda not vardes
>>
File: download.jpg (2 KB, 68x102) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2 KB, 68x102
>>64157902
Sicario fucking sucks
>>
i enjoyed season 8 of dexter
>>
>>64157902
I only hate the French New Wave for giving rise to the aggressive camera style prevalent in today's hacks.
>>
>>64157902
>I outgrew Star Wars.
>>
I love the French New Wave for what it represent, but you're right. The films are shit. They went too far in their rejection of classic cinema.
>>
You shouldn't be watching capeshit anything past the age of 14 or so. Sorry about your dad.
>>
>>64159102

How can it be 'shit' if its so innovative? You might not enjoy sitting down and watching them like a Hollywood film but how does that make them shit?
>>
>>64157902
Me too, I love the Left Bank-movement though which some people get confused, like this guy >>64158010
>>
>>64159253

Not literal shit.

Plenty of things that are shit are innovative. A lot of innovation is first utilized in shit films.
>>
>>64159249
this desu
>>
Czech New Wave is better then French New Wave

Surrealism is the best artistic movement with Neo-realism in second place.

A New Hope is the only decent Star Wars film.

Superheroes ruined comics and Capeshit in general, they should never have been included in "nerd culture", the damage is beyond repair now.
>>
>>64159807

Oh, and I do not care for The Godfather trilogy.
>>
>>64159807
Reccomend me some Czech-movies. I liked Daisies and The Cremator, didn't care for Marketa Lazarova.
>>
>>64160007

Closely Watched Trains is pretty good, as is The Shop on Main Street.
>>
Godard is one of the greatest filmmakers ever and yes, this is a controversial opinion on /tv/.
>>
>>64160101

And I forgot Valerie and her Week of Wonders, great movie just for the atmosphere alone, Valerie a qt too.
>>
>>64160362

Do you think there will be another Wave of films this century in retaliation to Capeshit and other similar films being released in America?
>>
>>64159843
why?
>>
>>64160512
What do you mean? Capeshit and blockbusters is the final solution. They were the final wave. Capeshit might die down but that'll only give rise to war movies or video game movies or phone game movies
>>
That's not really a controversial opinion, 99% of the people in America would rather watch Star Wars then old foreign experimental films. It makes you a pleb, but most of this board are plebs.
>>
Neorealism is the most boring fucking movement.
>>
>>64157902

That's a very "in" opinion here and I think you know that. Anons like you had to watch Breathless in school or may have heard of his reputation, and putting him down is an easy way to try to stand out. It's cute.
>>
if u cant get into chris marker ur a total pleb
>>
>>64160007
You should check out the The Ear and Fireman's Ball and if that peaks your interest in Milos Forman you should watch Loves of a Blonde and Black Peter.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.