[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Kylo Ren so based /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: basedren.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
basedren.webm
3 MB, 854x480
Why is Kylo Ren so based /tv/?
>>
He obviously has Asperger's
>>
>>64157580
he's only based in appearance

his tantrums are literally reddit
>>
Was it autism
>>
File: 1451056513852.jpg (16 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
1451056513852.jpg
16 KB, 250x333
>>64157580

NORMIES LET HER ESCAPE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I liked how in the two florests scenes we could hear his lightsaber, probably because the producers thought would be badass, but all it did was denunce his position and make him look like a retardad for just swing his sword around
>>
>>64157580
they should have used clones.
>>
>>64157580

Because he is autistic like most of us
>>
>>64157630

>his tantrums are literally reddit

Yeah that must be it. Not the fact that the Dark Side is the side of unbridled emotion and passion and him venting his anger is perfectly in line with what he was trained in.
>>
>>64158130
It's not perfectly in line with anything

those scenes were put in there to have meme moments. It's a cheap, video gamey and poor depiction of a dark side acolyte and completely takes you out of the movie just so you can have a quick laugh.

They did a piss poor job of making the dark side seem alluring, there's no seriousness to his performance. It's not original, what they did. Just cartoonish and tiresome. His clothes aside, Disney has managed to shit out the most embarrassing Sith to ever come out of Star Wars.
>>
>>64158447
>They did a piss poor job of making the dark side seem alluring
They weren't trying to do that. They were going for a contrast between the half-trained and volatile Kylo Ren and the fully trained Sith lords we saw in the other movies.
>>
>>64158664
I thought Kylo was one of the most uninspiring villains I've ever seen but I believe you're spot on.
Also the scene OP posted was the single "humorous" moment in the movie that was actually funny, the rest were cringey as fuck and disrupted the feel of the scene.
>>
My theater roared with laughter at that part. I'm still not sure if it was supposed to be funny intentionally or not, kind of takes away from the heat of the scene.
>>
File: qi2r5cwgejjl.jpg (55 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
qi2r5cwgejjl.jpg
55 KB, 594x396
>>64157580
You mean Darth Chigurh?
>>
>>64158980
>I'm still not sure if it was supposed to be funny
wow, a literal autist
>>
The only character I'm remotely interested in. I'm actually cheering him on to become the villain he deserves to be.
>>
>>64158664
Regardless, they had the right idea with him punching his own wound and the way he moved around, as well as his instantly recognizable lightsaber. The tantrums went too far though, they were too emphasized. Trainee or not, I would have left them out and moved the comedy somewhere where it's more appropriate. The dark side practitioners in Star Wars movies have never been exactly goofy, even the most amateur ones, so I wasn't a fan of this change. It's completely obvious he's a noob, but it doesn't change the fact that it cheapens the status image of the dark side for both newcomers and older fans. Up until this point, the people who made the errors and mistakes were always light side apprentices (and even then they were handled with more elegance)

just look at this clip:
>>64157580

it's so cartoony. Almost to the point where I'd suspect even J.J. didn't make that call, but rather a producer or a Disney guy. I read earlier versions of these scenes and all of the goofy stuff for Kylo Ren was left out, while reserving the volatility for actual fights. Rey was also supposed to be much more introverted and not as perfect.
>>
>>64157580
>The force teaches you to be self contained
>Main villain edgelord with anger management isssues

great character creation you worthless KIKE jewjew
>>
>>64159278
That's how you are trained by the light side. The dark side is fuelled by anger and emotion you rancid plebian.
>>
>>64159431
>he dark side is fuelled by anger and emotion

you're supposed to channel that anger and emotion when fighting your opponents, instead of destroying expensive equipment that belongs to your team

stop defending this trash, no one acts like that
>>
>>64158980
>I'm still not sure if it was supposed to be funny
wut
>>
>>64157580
He's literally RotS Anakin, but Jewish-looking.
>>
>>64159540
He's a schoolshooter given massive power and authority, why the fuck do you expect him to act like a normal human being you faggot
>>
>>64159540
Remember he is only partially trained so might have only learned the anger part. That's why he was hitting his wound in the forest because he thought it would make him more powerful through pain.
>>
>>64159076
>>64159563
The humor in this new movie just wasn't as well defined as it was in phantom and clones imo. [in sith there wasn't much humor, it was a very dark movie]
In these movies it was clear when it was supposed to be funny [jar-jar jokes and such] I mean you didn't exactly see obi-wan start laughing during the middle of the fight with maul!
>>
>>64157580
>literally autistic

HE'S JUST LIKE US OMG LOL
>>
>>64159431
what went wrong in your life and you turned into a manchild ?
>>
>>64159604
>he's a school shooter
Literally, he massacred all his classmates at Luke's jedi school.
>>
>>64157580
>Storm troopers walk away

so fanny!

Except completely out of character for them. They should be investigating and making sure everything is okay. This is out of place humor for 2 year olds
>>
Most interesting villain in the last few years

feels like an actual character, instead of just a prop that makes you feel scared
>>
>>64159862
>He massacred all of Lukes students
No... All of Lukes students are knights of Ren.

It's a throw back to
>Obi-wan never told you about your father
>>He told me you killed him
blah blah blah

Also they are knights OF Ren.

Kylo ren is just the leader of the knights. He is not the head Ren. Snork is Darth Ren and each of the students was given a Ren surname
>>
>>64159920
>It's an autists misunderstands a movie for children and thinks it makes him patrician post
They know exactly what's happening and they want none of it
>>
>>64160040
>They know exactly what's happening
Through the will of the force right?
>>
>>64160067
Through being around him at all
>>
>>64158980
> my middleschool roared with laughter at that scene.

fixed it 4 u

Yoda- Understand human emotion, you do not

all these fags saying he's edgy just want cookie. Utter villain. Yet they claim he's boring and dont analyze his char.

He was the only thing good in the movie besides tr8r
>>
>>64160270
That's just fucking worse as it means Kylo does this constantly.

Also they are still derelict in their duties as they stopped the patrol. We have never seen non-traitor storm troopers do this
>>
>>64160337
So you would walk into a light saber when you knew your boss just got bad news.... ok kiddo.
>>
>>64160582
No I'd never write a script this fucking bad to put myself in that fucking position
>>
>>64157580

>tfw muh waifu left
>tfw I was going to train her into the dark side and make her muh sex slave
>tfw she went with Chad Stormcock

FUCKING NORMIES WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!!

[bashes control pannel/innocent chair]

And that's why Reddit, /r9k/ and autist millenials in this board like Kylo Ren.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.