[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: movies you genuinely can't understand the appeal of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: Snowpiercer_poster.jpg (40 KB, 268x398) Image search: [Google]
Snowpiercer_poster.jpg
40 KB, 268x398
ITT: movies you genuinely can't understand the appeal of
>>
>muh bugs in food
>>
>>64154623

I liked it because Chris Evans makes me wet
>>
Fun premise but coming from Bong Joon it felt very cheap
>>
The fact that harvey weinstein played a large role in the development of this film,and that paired woth the context pf the film give me an eerie feeling every time i watch it.

Tl dr

Know your place goy:themovie
>>
>>64154916
Wtf are you talking about?
>>
Amelie
In Bruges
Slow West
>>
Biggest piece of shit circlejerked pseudo-artistic twat-fest to ever come out of Guillermo Del Taco's overrated anus

i hate this movie, this is the Neil DeGrasse Tyson's twitter of movies
>>
File: 1401324868080.jpg (423 KB, 772x1179) Image search: [Google]
1401324868080.jpg
423 KB, 772x1179
All of these except Taxi Driver and A Clockwork Orange
>>
File: Mulholland.png (163 KB, 260x386) Image search: [Google]
Mulholland.png
163 KB, 260x386
>>
>>64154623

It's just the weebs that praise this and other korean movies as god tier cinema. The Host, The Good the Bad and the Weird, I Saw the Devil, not bad movies at all, but nowhere near as good as people make them out to be. All 6-7/10's.
>>
>>64154994
>In Bruges

Agreed, most of it was cringey teenager's fantasy shit like Boondock Saints. And Ralph Fiennes with the stupid way overused cockney accent. Definitely teen-tier.
>>
File: 01.jpg (346 KB, 1069x1600) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
346 KB, 1069x1600
I seriously fucking hate this movie.
>>
>>64155070
>not appreciating Falling Down
kill yourself
>>
>>64155181
>The Host

On IMDB, I said this movie was just ok, and if it was an American movie with exactly the same plot, nobody would be raving about it. Got about 40 angry replies calling me stupid/racist/ignorant.
>>
>>64154996
>>64155127

legit plebs
>>
>>64154996
yeah del toro is pretty overrated. i respect him as a director...he's got his own distinguished style down but his shit is generally average.
>>
>>64155318
Plot isn't everything. It's the execution that counts.
>>
>>64154623
Anything starring Adam Sandler other than PDL.
Any Transformers film.
>>
File: Drive-Online.jpg (227 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
Drive-Online.jpg
227 KB, 1500x1125
Pretty much anything with Ryan Gosling, really. Anything he's in I know 70% of the running time will be "pregnant silences". Shia Lebouf, Ryan Gosling, and Leonardo DiCaprio, all three come off as effeminate millennials trying desperately to be manly.
>>
File: moon.jpg (341 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
341 KB, 1000x1500
>>
>>64155127
>>64154996
>>64154623
Moderators, schoolboys should be deleted.
>>
>>64154623
>Front of the train is mostly bourgeois whites
>Back of the train is mostly oppressed minorities
>Back must fight their way forward to redistribute the resources
>Entitled white male gets offered the job of conductor
>Must sacrifice himself to break the cycle and destroy the unfair system
>Ideal world in the end is white-free, populated by black men and Asian women

>Muh on the nose metaphors and cliched social commentary

Cultural Marxism: The Movie
>>
>>64155613
>he doesn't like what i like he must be banned waaaaaah :(
>>
Also this thread is about movies that you can't understand their appeal, not just movies that you don't like
>>
That five minute flick about a doctor and a mercenary held captive on a government plane.
>>
>>64155785
Don't you have a Trump rally to organize or something /pol/?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.