[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the single biggest problem in the movie? >Marey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
So what was the single biggest problem in the movie?
>Marey Sue
>Kylo Ren doesn't feel threatening
>Kylo Ren is ugly af
>Shoehorned references to appease the "I'm such a geek lol" crowd
>The entirety of the lightsaber duel in the forest
>"Humor" that disrupts the flow
>The overly done parallels to ANH
>The fact that a planet sized laser cannon was made without the Resistance doing anything to stop it
>No JarJar
Am I missing anything?
>>
>>64153983
There was a big black man and he was scary and threatening to idiot racists on the internet like you.
>>
File: Takodana_surface.jpg (50 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Takodana_surface.jpg
50 KB, 768x432
>>64153983
Missing spaceships
>>
>>64154023
shut up racists
>>
Almost forgot the entire
>AAAN SOLO YER A DED MAHN
scene.
>>
>>64153983
>>The entirety of the lightsaber duel in the forest
Are you one of those mouthbreathers who enjoys the spinny flippy tapping stick fights from the shitquels?
>>
File: 1432578598628.jpg (20 KB, 367x332) Image search: [Google]
1432578598628.jpg
20 KB, 367x332
>>64153983
IT'S A FUCKING STAR WARS MOVIE, do you think this was supposed to be an Oscar winning film? get fucking real.
>>
>>64153983
>>Kylo Ren doesn't feel threatening
>>Kylo Ren is ugly af
You're a retard that completely missed the point of Kylo's character.
>>
>>64154106
no he realised kylo was a shit character
>>
>>64154097
No, but the concept of two amateurs being able to duel a guy that's trained to near fluency is a big turn off.

Also, Kylo Ren sucks ass with a lightsaber for some reason.
>>
>>64153983
The wookie bowcaster not shooting green lasers. Or the xwing engines got from 4 to 2 and being split. Also no y-wing for bombing run. No a-wing or b-wing.
>>
File: Captain_Phasma-1.png (4 MB, 1492x1611) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Phasma-1.png
4 MB, 1492x1611
Don't forget this useless bitch single handedly dooming the First Order because she didn't want to die
>>
>>64154099
Look at the OT and even the prequels and tell me that the comedy element is the same as in TFA. The humor in the new movies is going to be set up to disrupt flow like in many big modern day movies. There's a place for that in other movies, but not in Star Wars
>>
>>64154171
Calling them tie fighters with rear gunner what....so many things wrong.
>>
>>64154169
>but the concept of two amateurs being able to duel a guy that's trained to near fluency

Ye he had an extensive training in destroying Ship computers with his light saber :^)
>>
>>64153983
Pacing.
Most of its immediate problems are symptoms of bad pacing.
>>
>>64153983
>Marey Sue
This
This is created because of Mary Sue.
>Kylo Ren is ugly af
Not a problem.
Not a big problem, some of them were nice.
Again, main problem caused by Mary Sue.
This was occasionally a problem.
Forgivable after the dumb shit in the prequels.
>The fact that a planet sized laser cannon was made without the Resistance doing anything to stop it
Stupid, but it was more stupid that they decided to destroy it in this movie.
>No JarJar
I take it back, this is the biggest problem by far.
>>
>>64154169
i doubt he was well trained with a lightsaber. in fact, he probably built the thing right before he slaughtered the other jedi luke was training. probbaly did not have much (if any) practice dueling
>>
The hasty pace from fight to catastrophe to fight, it was so crammed with events that there was absolutely no time for character development apart from Rey going through an implausible 24 hour Jedi crash course. But other than that everyone already posessed the entirety of his traits at the beginning of the movie.

Also the fact that the Republic was meant to be important even though it was only mentioned a handful of times and received about ten SECONDS of screen time before it was wiped out.

To properly fledge out the events during the movie it would've had to have a running time of at least three hours, if not more.
>>
>>64154219
she didn't even try to secretly radio for help
>>
>>64154232
>Trained with Luke
>Trained with Snoke
He at least had some training, and that's more than can be said for "I just learned to use the force lol" Rey
>>
>>64154224
The OT was pretty bare of humor. Darth Vader had actually dread instead new sith guy gets joked about by rebel pilot about his faggot mask.
>>
>>64154023
But Dindu Nuf Finn dindu nuffin. The movie was about the Solos, Rey becoming mary sue and sometimes Radical Poe being one cool dog.

The map was up R2-D2's nose the whole time.
>>
>>64154169
He was gravely wounded and psychologically reeling from killing his father
>>
>>64154292
Except she trained with Luke before, and she was already an experienced melee fighter.

>inb4 it was a stick

Doesn't really matter. I'm an exceptional FPS player, pick me multiplayer FPS game i've never played before and i'll dominate the killboard in 2-3 matches.
>>
>>64153983
I thought Kylo Ren was really well done but thought Rey was boring and had no development. My wife and her son on the other hand thought Rey and BB8 were the most interesting characters and thought that her interracial relationship with Finn that was brewing was going to be the peak of her story.
>>
>>64154327
There were some quips and bits of humor here and there, but it wasn't full on Kiss Whedon level.
>>
>>64153983

Fucked up scale. There is only one Star Destroyer in the entire First Order fleet and SKB is beaten by a handful of X-wings.
>>
>>64154219
How to fix Phasma:
>instead of turning shields off she locks the room and activates the emergency poison gas, everyone including her is going to die
>the gang narrowly escapes by doing some cool shit and destroying the console, which conveniently disables the shields
>phasma escapes doing some acrobatic shit Fett-style

There, the plot is still the same and Phasma is a much better character.
>>
>>64154379
>Trained with Luke before
Come again?

>>64154393
He was really cool until he took off the mask. Any threat felt when seeing him died after that.
>>
>>64154023
OP didn't say anything about blacks or Boyega, Sharpton.
>>
The single biggest problem was definitely Rey being too powerful, I have absolutely no problem with a strong fem protag but they went overboard. Why even have any of the other characters when she can handle everything on her own, hand to hand combat, flying, lightsaber, escaping, etc... Even in the OT in V and VI Luke still got plenty of help a little less so on VI but he was no Jedi god the way they're making Rey to be.
>>
>>64154414
But muh funny trash compactor reference!
>>
The fact Fin is a fucking murderer.
"His existance proves that not all First order member are evil,
runs away after his first battle because killing is bad,
Needlessly Guns down mechanics, maintance workers & space trafic control officers during an escape without concequence because- and say it with me now:
All members of the first order are evil."

Funny how the black hero has no issues killing people who are just doing their job.
>>
>>64154414
She should've been TR-8R.
>>
>>64153983
>Marey Sue- Overall, all the characters have 0 character development, the sign of a badly written character, also making the mc op at the start is just mary sue nonsense.
>Kylo Ren doesn't feel threatening-Removing the mask killed the villain.
>Kylo Ren is ugly af- Thus he doesn't feel threatening
>The entirety of the lightsaber duel in the forest- Bad camera work,also 0 choreography,newbie with 0 training kicking trained sith's ass.
>The overly done parallels to ANH-It just felt like a chinese copy of the New Hope.

Also you are missing the scene where the nigger grabs a lightsabe and
>Doesn't get shot to little shits on the battlefield because he is unable to reflect blaster shots.
>Doesn't get his ass kicked by a trooper with melee training.
>Doesn't chop his limbs off with the weapon that's supposed to cause injury to untrained wielders.

Also the encounter where Han gets killed. Predictable as fuck.
>>
>>64154502
This is the biggest problem along with Mary Sue. Finn would've been a much more interesting character had he initially been hesitant to shoot anybody at all, but learned over time that he had to fight to defend the people he cared about.
>>
>>64153983
Kylo Ren was the best part of the movie you fucking faggot
>>
>>64154491
Make her escape through the garbage chute, the walls start closing and it ends there.

There, fixed again. It adds suspense because we don't know if she's still alive and she still has the possible grudge against Finn in the sequel.
>>
>>64153983
>the movie has recieved $1 Billion dollars in donations from all walks of life

You forgot the biggest problem. This movie has fans and they actually rnjoy this made for kids tv movie trash written by literal Luddites
>>
>>64153983
>kylo ren is ugly af

I feel really sad for adam
he must be in his room right now listening to loud music not wanting to go outside
repeating in his head all the nigger voices
>put it back on
>>
>>64153983
>Kylo Ren is ugly af
Why the fuck do you care
why the fuck does anyone care
>>
>le super subtle Nazi speech imagery

Remember the 6 million Jedi goyim

Also >don't hold my hand I don't need no man!
>I said don't hold my hand I'm a strong woman!
>>
>>64154379
As of now, her training with Luke before is just a theory.
>>
>>64154645
I've read somewhere he doesn't even watch the shit he was in.
>>
Too many empty spaces they could have put cool CG creatures in.
>>
>>64154599
wrong you are the faget
>>
>>64154414
>activates the emergency gas

MORE CONVENIENCE FOR THE CONVENIENCE MOVIE

nah man

leave her the way she is
then next movie shes on trail for being a shit guy, she gets sentenced to death by FO
she goes rogue, and fucks shit up against the resistance to prove herself to the FO
>>
>>64154614
Kasdan is an infinitely better writer than Lucas
>>
>>64154731
Kylo Ren is a 21st century villain. He's not suppose to be physically threatening, he's supposed to be an edgy school shooter who worships Vader
>>
>>64154736
How is her being an actual threat more convenient than her simply following orders without even a fight?
>>
>Marey Sue
I kind-of chock this one up to limited attention spans of modern audiences. They want to see cool jedi shit and don't want to have to wait another year and a half just to see Rey levitate a box or some shit. It's not as bad as the prequels in this regard, but that hardly excuses anything.
Kinda-yes, kinda-no. Darth Vader was threatening because he was a straightforward badass motherfucker who could wreck people's shit. Kylo Ren might be an angsty teenager with anger issues and daddy issues but he can still kill people fairly efficiently and that emotional instability only makes him more dangerous, not less. I think what will happen is that Rey and Kylo will both become more powerful as the trilogy goes on rather than what happened in the original trilogy where Luke had to try and power up to Vader's level while Vader stayed consistently powerful throughout all three movies.
>Kylo Ren is ugly af
He looks like an angsty teenager. He's space-wizard Zuko, so I think the look is suitable. If you want to jack off to a man's beautiful face be a fan of Supernatural.
I found this kind of cheesy and distracting but its a relatively minor problem. That Han had never, in 30 years, used Chewie's boltcaster is weird and dumb, though. The point of a boltcaster is supposed to be that the recoil is too much for humans to use on a regular basis (think elephant-rifle tier) and that it actually shoots bolts of molten metal wrapped in blaster plasma via a railgun device. If he could fire it so easily why don't humans use boltcasters all the time if they are clearly superior to blasters? Don't fridge-logic a JJ Abrams project.

cont.
>>
if they are doing this mary sue stuff for a episode 8 heel turn I'll be hype as fuck.
>>
>>64154749
Is he? He literally plagiarized ANH.
>>
>>64154796
How people perceive episode VII in the future depends entirely on the payoffs in episode VIII
>>
>>64154789
wut
>>
>>64154796

Same.

Though there's a 0% chance Jewjew will make his feminist wet dream fantasy strong female be the bad guy or be murdered by a man.

Literally never happening.
>>
>>64154820
Lucas plagiarized himself in The Phantom Menace.
>>
>>64154849
Glad none of the hacks who made TFA is writing and directing the next movie.
>>
>>64154875
Jewjew isn't directing the next film, Rian Johnson is. But even so, Rey is Luke's daughter, there is no way thats gonna happen. What will happen is they're going to make her into the Goku of Star Wars and Kylo will be Jessie & James tier villain.
>>
>>64154782
this makes him a good character somehow?
>>
>>64154914
TFA is the best Star Wars movie since 1980, and sets up the best villain in the entire saga
>>
>>64154792
>kills people easily and becomes more dangerous the more unstable he is
except the film shows the exact opposite. he kills nobody and becomes more retarded by the end of the movie
>>
>>64154934
Yes. It's more interesting than just another threatening badass dressed in black.
>>
>>64155021
nope
>>
>>64154160
Fuck off, he's the third most interesting Star Wars villain.
>>
>>64154792
It was fine, although I'm wondering how Finn isn't a cripple now.
Most people like fun.
It could have done without being so beat-for-beat, like poetry.
A galaxy contains over 100 million star systems on average. Most stars have planets, several of them in fact, many of which are gas giants with planet-sized moons. If you want to hide shit in space it is remarkably easy, even in a populated galaxy. Most of it is unoccupied.
>No JarJar
Clearly they're saving that reveal for the 2nd or 3rd movie in the new trilogy. They'll probably have to travel to his tomb to retrieve a MacGuffin of some kind only to find him, ancient and withered, wearing a black cloak. "You lookin' for meesa young jedi? I canna teaches you they ways of the Dark Side. Big maxi-powerful the Dark Side."
>>
>>64154984
>and sets up the best villain in the entire saga

That would be true if they didn't make him lose to literally who? the force user.
>>
>>64155039
you fuck off, hes the worst villain
>>
>>64155046
>Cripple Finn
What I would give for Finn to get Grievous-style cyborg legs and for Rey to become a villain.

I think it's pretty obvious that Kylo won't be the bad guy for the third movie though.
>>
>>64155046
>Big maxi-powerful the Dark Side.

Nice.
>>
>>64155061
He's not supposed to be an unstoppable badass, that was the point. He's not as powerful as Vader and is insecure about it
>>
Isn't Benicio del Toro supposed to play a villain or something in episode VIII? What do you think he'l play, a head to one of the gangs that was after Han or something?
>>
>>64155072
Nope, he's far better than Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Jango Fett and General Grievous.
>>
>>64155035
>JJ's movie is too similar to A New Hope!
>Why didn't JJ just give us another Darth Vader?
>>
>>64155138
>counting side characters with negligible screen time
maul gave us a good saber performance, as did dooku
thats > school shooter edginess
>>
>>64155072
>worst villain
Not even close. At least Kylo had a bit of development and we'll further explore his character in the sequels, the villains in the prequels were cardboard cutouts that would get killed off before we could learn anything about them.
>>
>>64155138
>Hating best dooku and grievous
There was so much potential and they pissed it away. If they set up the dark side as having their own council of sorts, it would have left tons of room for development
>>
>>64153983

How about the fact that the film does NOTHING of interest or to push the envelope in any way. It seriously is the most boring movie I've ever seen .People gave a fuck about the original star wars because it was something they hadn't seen before. This was paint by numbers shit.

Also as you've listed, tons of plotholes.
>>
>>64154023
>5'8"
>big

kek
>>
>>64154792

>They want to see cool jedi shit and don't want to have to wait another year and a half

Then introduce some fucking character that's already trained in the Force (Luke or some other Luke's apprentice, for example)

I liked Rey's acting and character, but yeah she should've been way less overpowered. Had no problem with her being good with mechanics, both Anakin and Luke were, But learning the Force in one day, come on man...

Then, about Kylo Ren: He was a joke, a meme. There's a difference between presenting a character that grows, that becomes more powerful and evil every film, and presenting an angsty emo teen everyone laughs about (from scene 1 like Poe Dameron) and has anger attacks against control panels, that can't even beat TFA's Jar Jar: Finn.
>>
>>64154599
edgy teen detected
>>
>>64155246
>that the film does NOTHING of interest
Kylo Ren is better than any Marvel or DC film villain.
>>
>>64155222
>maul gave us a good saber performance
The Darth Maul lightsaber duel is extremely overrated. It's entertaining but it has no weight to it.
>as did dooku
Are you fucking kidding me? Dooku's duels against Anakin forgettable and his duel against Yoda was a fucking joke.
>>
Best possible outcome: Luke has decided that embracing the light was a mistake after seeing the dark destroy everything he'd built. He decides to train his daughter to embrace the dark side to build her already fast-growing powers even more.

Meanwhile, Ben has decided that embracing the dark was a mistake after his embarrassing defeat at the hands of a newbie and immense regret over killing his father. He decides to try to redeem himself by aiding the resistance from the shadows like the god damn batman.
>>
>>64155236
hes currently worst villain now, at the end on this movie
just because he has more movies doesnt mean he'll get better
>>
>>64155301
>Anakin forgettable
*Anakin were forgettable
>>
>>64155246
I'm really hoping Kylo and Rey swap places at some point, but I feel like Kylo is the only one that will switch sides to there can be a trio like every cookie-cutter movie ever
>>
>>64155301
kylos performance in this movie has no weight to it either
>dat han solo death scene
trash
>>
>>64155243
>There was so much potential and they pissed it away.
This is why I'm hating on them. They could've been good villains but George sloppily introduced them and then killed them off before we could learn anything about them.
>>
>>64154379
>Except she trained with Luke before, and she was already an experienced melee fighter.
Retards pulling this out of their ass to defend their waifu.
>>
>>64155294
But he has strings on him
>>
>>64155294

Ok being better than total shit doesn't mean you're good.
>>
>>64154929
>Jesse & James tier villain
So, cute funny and beloved by all?
>>
>>64155347
>kylos performance in this movie has no weight to it either
Kek, you have unbelievably shit taste. Adam Driver gave the best performance in the movie. Hell, it was one of the best performances in the entire Star Wars saga.
>>
>>64155314
Part of me hopes he's gone grey jedi, understands and respects the interplay and necessity of both the dark and the light, and that true balance in the force requires both. Grey jedi are philosophically the best Jedi, but they usually just sit on their asses and don't get involved, like Luke was doing in TFA.
>>
Some problems:

The plot for the first half of the film (and as described by the opening crawl) is; find Luke.
The film completely drops the main plot for the second half the film only to remember it for the last awkward 3 minutes.

The climax of the film involves two main stakes:

1)Stopping the death star firing
2)Stopping Kylo Ren

Both of these are meaningless and so lack any tension.

1)The death star has already fired and destroyed 5 planets including the capital of the republic, they won already? (like many things this isn't made clear either way. Will the destruction of destroy the new order? badly hurt it, a minor set back? This is even before we get to the fact that we never get the sense that Poe won't win, he never seems in peril and the death star gets destroyed with as much excitement as a drive to the shops.

2)Kylo Ren only seems to want to capture Ray, so again if she wins, she wins, if she loses she gets captured, which we have already seen, doesn't seem much of a challenge to her to escape. Also the fight takes place *after* the death star is destroyed, the main objective of the Resistance is complete, the film is over but we still have to watch it.
>>
>>64155414
>missing the point
doesnt mean the character wasnt shittily written
>>
File: 1450475843079.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1450475843079.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>64154023
>muh raycis
>>
File: 1420241204998.jpg (71 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
1420241204998.jpg
71 KB, 360x403
I'm yet to find out why this turboautists can't just simply enjoy the movie for what it is, cool space movie with cool warriors that swing lightsabers and perform cool and nonsensical magic tricks
>>
>>64155469
>why cant you enjoy shit?
>>
File: Kreia.jpg (99 KB, 980x1436) Image search: [Google]
Kreia.jpg
99 KB, 980x1436
>>64155417
Or what if he's like Kreia? Hates and resents the Force. Some of the shit Maz was saying protrays the Force in the sort of way that could lead to that.
>>
>>64155444
The character was fine. Having an angsty villain is more interesting than doing Darth Vader 2.0 or Darth Maul 2.0
>>
>>64155444
I think you missed the point senpai. He's not meant to be a traditional Star Wars villain.
>>
>>64155469
Tho desu, I enjoy all seven films
Come at me
>>
>>64155469
>Having standards is bad
>>
>>64155544
>>64155556
it doesnt matter what they intended, what they gave was a piece of crap
>>
>>64155360
Not pulling it out of your ass if it's true, which it is
>>
>>64155624
[citation needed]
>>
>>64155592
What they gave was far better than the alternatives.
>>
>>64153983

>no jarjar
>100 replies

This board is so fucking bad
>>
>>64155592
But that's simply not the case, he's one of the best villains by a long stretch
>>
>>64155673
>One joke amongst valid complaints renders the entire OP shit
>>
>>64153983
It feels too light hearted and like a more generic modern sci fi movie rather than a star wars movie.
I don't recognize the OT setting in it.

It's a good movie, 7/10, while the prequels are 5/10 and OT like 9/10.
The prequels at least seemed like they took place in a plausible star wars setting before the empire took over.

I think Kylo was mostly fine. The fight with him and Rey was fine as well.
Rey was too good at everything and too liked by everyone though. Her fighting and force capabilities was okay with me, but her speaking droid, wookie, handling the falcon better than Han Solo, and being instantly liked by Leia and Han(who is pretty cold to basically everyone he first meets) was a bit much.
Finns backstory didn't make sense for the awesome character Boyega portrayed.
Starkiller was too overpowered.
Maybe the First Order was a bit too nazilike, but I don't know, I think it might fit. Speech was a cool scene, but it didn't really fit.
Too many planets exploded. Through episode 1-6 only 1 planet exploded and now a whole system seemed to blow up. Like wtf.

Maz Kanata sucks.
>>
>>64155648
Watch the movie
>>
My biggest problem is that the shoehorned references and remake schtick seemed very contrived, like there was a natural direction for the plot to flow but JJ kept insisting on diverting it for no reason.

The map to Luke should have been the focus of this movie, but once Hux's speech starts, the entire map plotline is just forgotten until the last ten minutes of the movie. Considering that the opening crawl focuses on finding Luke, as does the entire movie until Takodana, the fact that this plotline doesn't lead into anything and just gets set aside is a really bad thing.

Overall, this movie has all the same writing problems as Metroid: Other M. Characters just forget they have the abilities they have when it's convenient to the plot, the search for Luke gets dropped like the "Deleter" subplot, the dialogue is too focused on lending the story a tone that doesn't really belong in this franchise, and the characters' motivations seem to shift on a dime, resulting in bizarre behavior with no explanation.
>>
>>64154169
>already wounded
>darth vader fanboy, beyond frustrated that two bums are fucking his shit up
>desperately trying to kill them and failing cuz mental state + injury
>Dindu probably has some combat training
>Rey has some force shit

Youre literally retarded and looking for any little reason to hate on this movie just cuz its popular. Id totally agree with any complaints anyone had if they actually thought about and backed them up. The movie definitely has some issues, but the lightsaber duel is not one of them and its far from being a shit movie.
>>
>>64153983
The more I think about Star Wars 7, the more it pisses me off.

It undid literally everything accomplished in the originals.

> There is no longer balance to the force
> The empire has still not been defeated
> There is a new, even better death star so Luke and Lando accomplished nothing longterm
> Leia is not learning to be a Jedi
> Leia and Han are not together
> Han is back to being a somewhat sleazy smuggler
> Luke is still learning to be a Jedi
> The prophecy of the originals was apparently meaningless, because Anakin's redemption apparently accomplished nothing.
> It even undid little things like Luke losing his saber, which was somehow recovered from falling into an abyss
>>
>>64154219

Why didn't she just lie and say she didn't know how to do it?
>>
>>64155660
>>64155691
nope
>>
>>64155775
yup
>>
>>64155775
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1442420926565.jpg (51 KB, 915x674) Image search: [Google]
1442420926565.jpg
51 KB, 915x674
>>64155754
When you lay it all out like that....
>>

This. Finn putting up a fight especially. You can at least hand wave Rey by saying she's ultra force sensitive and absorbed some of Kylo's skills during the mind meld. Kylo Ren struggling against Finn was just pants on head prequels level retarded.

Enjoyable flick though, 8/10
>>
>>64155775
Would you rather they had ripped off old Star Wars villains instead?
>>
>>64155754
It's what the fans wanted. :)
If you complain about those things you were never a fan to begin with!
>>
>>64155754
Also, Yoda says to Luke he is the last of the Jedi.
>>
>>64154393
>and thought that her interracial relationship with Finn that was brewing was going to be the peak of her story.
Well, they're right. The first episode build up to it.

They rushed their relationship at the first part, because they won't see eachothers for sometime. It is also why Rey leaves Finn while he is in sleep and why she gives him a kiss for goodbye, so we can look back at to that moment when they finally meet again at the finale as enemies. Rey becomes Revan 2.0 and Finn trains to be Jedi. We already know he is force sensitive, because the intro at the village was his Awakening. You can see Kylo noticing it and remembering it when Finn flees with Poe, later remarking it to Snoke.

Episode IX ends with Rey and Finn battling it out as Finn comes to rescue Rey again. Its very romantic and touching story about friends becoming enemies, and more. Kylo was made to be mockable evil, because he is introduced only to hide the twist that Rey playes as the real villain. Its also why she is Mary Sue, so you can have a villain that is as formidable as Darth Vader.

I know Star Wars are shitty, but this teen drama is really fucking dumb. You have the daughter-with-father-issues. New-kid-on-the-block-is-not-like-the-others. And the angry-confused-nerd-wants-to-be-cool. Wheres the Smuggler? Wheres the Princess? Wheres the Young King of Camelot? You don't get those. This is teen drama.
>>
>>64155754
So basically you didn't want a sequel?
>>
>>64154219
>>64154287
>>64155770
Not to mention the shields being manually deactivated from some random computer terminal doesn't set off any kind of alarm or alert Hux in any way

I can't believe they made Phasma so weak and pathetic and still get away with this "le strong female character" praise
>>
>>64155715

Yes the references and parallels to ANH got kinda fucking annoying. Then OP whines about the villain not being muh badass darth vader even though he was the best character in the movie
>>
>>64155879
yes, they already ripped off everything else
>>
>>64155929
>Star Wars are shitty
the OT is perhaps the greatest cinematic accomplishment in US film history. Why do people keep repeating this meme?
>>
>>64156047
You're stupider than I thought. Kylo was one of the most interesting and unique aspects of the fucking movie and you would rather they had done a Darth Vader ripoff. Kill yourself.
>>
>>64155988
>best character in the movie
>a Vader knockoff that loses to two people not even trained in the Force
if this were professional wrestling we'd say this was horrible booking, the villain looks like a bitch. Compare to Vader after Episode IV, he looked like an absolute monster.
>>
>>64155942
>I can't believe they made Phasma so weak and pathetic and still get away with this "le strong female character" praise

Because it's for a completely different character? Not a mystery.
>>
>>64156122
no u faget
he was shit and you are shit
>>
>>64156115
That's not Avatar.
>>
>Shakey ABRAMS ACTION that's no better than a Micheal bay film
>filled with "LOL REMEMBER THIS THING? REMBER THE ORIGNALS>?! XD
>Unlikable cast that couldn't act
>Retarded fucking villain
>The Empire has another Death Star with the SAME FUCKING WEAKNESS THAT KILLS THE WHOLE THING AS IF THEY DIDN'T LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES
>Abrams bragged for months about them using "Acutal Make up effects and no CG" yet literally every fucking alien in the movie was god damn CG ala Lucas
>Nonstop fucking unfunny quips that undermined every scene, it felt like I was watching a god damn marvel movie.
>>
>>64156169
He was great. Now kill yourself.
>>
>>64154263
This post is best post
>>
>>64156160

>vader knockoff

Thats the point you fucking retard. He wants to be Vader but is too much of a betacuckfaget
>>
>>64154283
>Rey going through an implausible 24 hour Jedi crash course

Women are superior and can do things men cannot shit lord.
>>
>>64156160

Despite jobbing at the end due to shit writing he's still the best and most interesting character in the movie.

Sadly ruined by him again, jobbing like a bitch.
>>
>>64156183
And yet still better than the original trilogy, like Kermode says.
>>
>>64156211
you first dipshit
>>
>>64155870
But Finn got his ass kicked
>>
>>64156261
Yes, women have more brain connections, so they're like smarter than men, Oprah said so.
>>
>>64156294
Ladies first.
>>
>>64156301

Yeah, after actually putting up a fight.

He should have been sliced in half immediately.
>>
>>64155929
rey vs finn is not a bad outcome, but setting a whole movie up just for them against kylo who is just a diversion is like the prequels all over again
>>
File: tv shitting where it eats.jpg (207 KB, 1002x720) Image search: [Google]
tv shitting where it eats.jpg
207 KB, 1002x720
>>64153983
(you) :)
>>
>>64156253
but it came off as a ripoff. I mean, whats with the mask? Was that really necessary

>>64156289
I actually found the black guy, Han and even the FO general more interesting Kylo Ren
>>
>>64156409
>heart. they had heart.
I know that was bait and your post is bait but I still feel the need to point out that Lucas has been a soulless businessman for over 20 years. You would have to be a nostalgic retard to not see that the prequels are just as corporate as anything Disney has made.
>>
>>64156344
he shouldn't even swung his sword before being choked to death by the force and thrown into a chasm
>>
I love how everyone keeps crying Mary-Sue over Rey even though she's pretty much an exact parallel to Luke. None of y'all niggers would be saying this shit if she was a dude, you let the SJWs rustle you way too much and now you can't enjoy ANYTHING.
>>
>>64156409

The prequel shilling here is fucking disgusting. I can't tell if some people here are actually retarded enough to consider them good or if lucas spent his disney-money to pay people to shitpost here.
>>
>>64156456

But he wants to be badass like his husbando Vader. Did you even watch the movie you fucking retarded piece of shit
>>
>>64156484

They're far worse than what Disney did. At least we didnt have to see HEY GUYS REMEMBER BOBA FETT in this movie
>>
>>64156572
do you think Vader would be wearing that mask if he didn't have to?
>>
it wasn't so bad
>>
>>64153983
Using "hell" in Star Wars makes no sense.

Having the Republic restored but Leia running a teeny terrorist cell makes no sense

Storm Troopers being stolen at birth instead of conscripted makes no sense

Ren not losing a body part like Luke makes no sense
>>
>>64156529
you mean the Luke who by even the end of the second movie got absolutely devastated by Vader?
>>
>>64156529
>whines constantly on the farm
>knocked unconcious and saved by Obi-Wan
>gets in a bar fight because he doesn't know to handle himself, saved by Obi-Wan
>constantly mocked by Han
>saved by Leia in the holding cells and then again on the bridge

But it's all okay because we got to see him grow, listening to Obi-Wan's advice, saving the group by contacting 3PO in the garbage shoot, and eventually destroying the Death Star with a little bit of assistance from Han, who himself had developed throughout the movie.

Rey starts off as an ace pilot, master fighter, and requiring no help from anyone. She ends the movie an ace pilot, master fighter, and requiring no help from any one. She displays no negative character traits either. She's always altruistic, positive, and helpful at all times.
>>
>>64156456
>found the black guy interesting
Name one thing.
>>
>>64156162
But you don't get to heap writer's advantages on one character and then shit on a different one like that.

Rey's "strength" isn't even legitimate because what people mean by "strength" in a writing sense is good development, DEPTH of character, not simply unabated asskicking.

Just because Phasma is on the bad guy side doesn't mean she can't be a strong character. But she gets no screen time and doesn't get to do much of anything except serve as false development for Finn in the way of him bossing her around.
>>
>>64156529
>exact parallel to Luke

Yes, I can't believe people forgot Luke almost beat Vader in a new hope.
>>
>>64153983
great meme post and you baited 164 autists congrats
>>
>>64156866
Fin was vulnerable guy just trying to make his way in the universe. He tried to do the right thing but had to look out for his own interests as well. He fought hard to protect his friend Rey. He also is a good actor and conveyed emotions well with his big quivering sweaty lips.
>>
>>64155124
I'm not suggesting he be that. I am just saying that they should have ended the fight in a draw with the whole earthquake thing that happened before she could kick his ass. Would give her a better lead up, and allow him to keep his dignity and be taken seriously in future episodes.
>>
>>64156926
I honestly thought Fin was a great character. Flawed and dynamic, unlike Rey.
>>
>>64156866
He's jar jar done right
>>
>>64156859
Its because Rey doesn't have the necessity time to grow up. Her hate for her father will turn her against Jedi code and join the Sith, which will have to take place in the other 2 movies.

The flaw of Mary Sues is their moral dilemma. Even Superman is interesting only when he is hitler.
>>
>>64157022
He still could've been better, though. They shouldn't have made him so willing to fight back against the First Order right off the bat. They could have developed some more moral conflict in him instead of having him whoop and holler over murdering the only people he's known his entire life.
>>
>>64156737

Of course not. Do you think Kylo cares? He worships Vader as muh dark sode husbando even though he turned good at the end. You're just baiting aren't you
>>
>>64155412
Hardly. More like, an afterthought, a waste of time, filler, nonsense in comparison to the real villain.
>>
>>64156844
>Using "hell" in Star Wars makes no sense.
You people are jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2aTU1hQJRE

If Empire came out today you'd all be shitting on it too
>>
>>64157125
so it shows that Kylo is immature and not serious. Wearing a mask like your hero is like a kid who walks around in a football helmet of his favoring quarterback. It is lame.
>>
>>64157111
That would have been really cool, but I don't mind it the way it is now, either. He comes off as someone who's always been a coward, and now we get to see him grow into a hero.
>>
You are a bunch of fat faggots who are whining because Adam Driver is ugly and you can't view him as your husbando.
You are worst than teen girls during their periods.
>>
>>64156866
He is black and according to social law you must automatically find them interesting and worship them.
>>
>>64157169

Yes you have finally undwrstood the character. Good for you.
>>
>>64157159
That's not empire
>>
>>64157430
No one said that it was
>>
I sincerely thought Chewy fucking lost it when his buddy fell away that it suprised me to see him making it just fine with rey

I thought he just hit the fucking detonator hoping to blow up everything-including himself.
>>
>>64156926
>Fin was vulnerable guy just trying to make his way in the universe.
Supposed "storm trooper" with plot armor as thick as his tan. Merely taking off the mask flew him up from cannon fodder, to immortal comic act. Theres no urgency to anything he does and every danger he faces is played as comedy. Be it doors saving him from tentacles or superiors going down the trash chute.

>He tried to do the right thing but had to look out for his own interests as well.
Doing the right thing is not hard when there is no moral dilemma nor selfless sacrifice to be made. Even the nazis carry no attachment to him. There is more emotion in TR-8R putting down his guns to face him in CQC, than there is ever in Finn. Everything he does rings hollow.

>He fought hard to protect his friend Rey.
The main character recognized another main character.

>He also is a good actor and conveyed emotions well with his big quivering sweaty lips.
Can't blame the actor when the writing is shit.
>>
>>64156859
You are aware that Rey has spent her life living alone on a harsh desert planet, right? It makes perfect sense that she would be self-sufficient.
>>
>>64156529

Luke who constantly almost dies, gets fucked up repeatedly and needs saving all the time?

OK m8 10/10 bait
>>
>>64157496

Would have been way better to be honest with you my relative. Chewie was only good because of his dynamic with Han.
>>
>>64157465
You implied it
>>
>>64157551
On Jakku, yeah. The scene where she beats up the goons as Finn tries to aid her, and then ends up pursuing and taking down Finn was a cool moment. However, weaknesses and inexperiences should have shown the minute she was removed from her element.
>>
>>64157551

>Scavenging for parts all your life makes you sufficient in learning advanced Jedi techniques in days, swordfighting trained Sith, piloting like the best pilot in the galaxy and resisiting mind rape among other Mary sue acts

Sure.
>>
>>64157677
No I didn't. I said Empire because most people incorrectly consider it to be the best Star Wars film
>>
>>64157564
Chewie is going to be written out anyway. He'll probably return to his homeplanet or something early in the next movie.
>>
>>64157708
She has force powers bro. Luke was able to pull his lightsaber while half-unconscious before he received any real Jedi training.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 487x720
>>64157729
Is this your favorite movie?
>>
>>64157789
>Luke was able to pull his lightsaber

in the next movie you idiot.

It'd be like if Luke vs Vader in Bespin ended with Luke just walking away after disarming and injuring Vader.
>>
He's not supposed to.
>>
>>64157732

Doubt it. If they kill of Luke and Leia hes the only iconic star wars character they have left aside from the droids. But without Han around he would feel really out of place.
>>
>>64157823
Star Wars is the best Star Wars movie. The series went downhill once Vader became Luke's father
>>
"trader!"

What did Spintrooper meant by this?
>>
>>64157899
>The series went downhill once Vader became Luke's father
No it didn't.
>>
>>64157789
Like was never able to stop a pulse rifle mid shot, I don't think anyone has ever done that, that's stupid strong with the force.

However no training girly can pull a saber from this powerhouse of a sith
>>
>>64157789

But he was specifically instructed and witnessed how to do it.

Rey literally learned how to force pull, resist mind rape, read others mind, force manipulate all by herself without even seeing or being shown you could do those things. AND beats a trained Sith in combat. AND she's going to be trained by Luke to become even more OP. She's basically a fucking anime character. Like some garbage from Dragonball Z.

She's completely flawless and perfect at everything she attempts.

>actually defending all this
>>
>>64157863
So can you tell us what the standard length of time is between realizing you have force powers and actually being able to control them is? I mean, you're a jedi in real life right, so you would know these things.
>>
>>64157927
Yes it did. Everyone being related made the universe incredibly small
>>
>>64157928
Vader caught a shot from Han's blaster in Empire.
>>
>>64157872

I'm pretty sure he WAS threatening for 3/4 of the movie until we start to learn more about him and see who he really is.

He's the main antagonist and he is going to finish his training (whatever that involves) and become a full Sith Lord
>>
>>64157927
Your opinion, man.
>>
>>64153983
Copying 90% of its story from ANH was the biggest problem.

MaREY Sue was the second biggest problem.

Shoehorned references was the third biggest
>>
>>64157987
One Jedi being another Jedi isn't exactly exaggerated world-shrinking. It lended new character to Obi-Wan's conversation with Luke in the original movie (and Obi-Wan's later "It's true from a certain point of view" is a mildly amusing line), but it's not mind-blowing. It only added some thematic concision.

Leia being Luke's sister, on the other hand, was quite stupid.
>>
>>64157996
I must have forgotten, so Kylo is already at Vader power levels, that make this so much worse.
>>
>>64154398

>We can see laser blasts hitting planets in other solar systems.

Was this filmed in JJ's backyard?
>>
>>64158060
Being able to do one random thing that Vader can also do means that he is at the same "power level"? I'm not sure that's sound logic.
>>
>>64158117
Guess we need a midichlorian count.
>>
>>64158193

How do I work out my midichlorian count?
>>
>>64158246
Penis inspection.
>>
God damn it, does 4chan have to be contrarian about every single fucking thing?
>>
>>64158117
Vader was shown to have a few feats, force choking, hurling shit, stopping a blaster bolt, sensing another force using light years away.

Kylo stopped a pulse rifle, read minds, sensed a force user light years away.

So yeah he's up there I'm assuming he can also hurl shit at people
>>
>"humor"
>SHITTIEST pacing ever
>>
>>64158337
OP here. The movie was decent, but it wasn't up to OT snuff.

Pointing out flaws =/= contrarian
>>
>>64158349
Personally I got the impression that Kylo is barely be as strong as Anakin at the end of ROTS. And Anakin obviously got fucked up by Obi-Wan who is just some mid-tier Jedi.
>>
>>64158337
>le legion
>>

The movie was literally a remake of ANH.
I can't wait for Kylo Ren to reveal he's Rey's brother after cutting off her hand.
>>
>>64154219
yeah i feel like boba would be like "fuck you, kill me then".
>>
>>64153983
Confirmed: he never saw the first trilogy
>>
File: adsf.jpg (29 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
adsf.jpg
29 KB, 500x328
>every movie is a comedy nowadays
>>
>>64158593
only han and leia had the quirpy dialogue
luke didnt crack jokes nor did the droids, nor did anyone in the empire
>>
>>64158443
I figured Kylo is a kid with a fuckton of power and doesn't know what to do with it, maybe he felt restricted or something.

Anakin was similar lots of power but had decent ways to channel it with a war.

I thought Obi-Wan was pretty top tier inventing his own fighting style just not a very strong force user.
>>
>>64154327
his mask sucked ass. hope he gets his jew nose cut off and need a different mask.
>>
>>64158443

>mid tier jedi

He was a jedi master, and seeing how there were hundreds of jedi id say he was far from mid tier
>>
>>64158713
Obi-Wan isn't a jedi master in the prequels m8.
>>
>>64158638
C-3PO is comic relief
>>
File: turn360.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
turn360.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>64153983
Him being volatile and on the verge of snapping into a fit of rage at any moment is pretty damn threatening t,bh
>>
>>64153983
we've never had a character as funny as jarjar. i mean how can you just throw him in the trash?
>>
>>64158750

He is in Revenge of the Sith, he's on the council.
>>
>>64154099
>It's SUPPOSED to be bad!
I love it when people say this.
>>
>>64158765
But it's comic relief that doesn't break the flow.
>>
File: tr-8r2.jpg (29 KB, 680x431) Image search: [Google]
tr-8r2.jpg
29 KB, 680x431
>>64153983
We got a regular soldier who didn't suck

>Argument invalid
>>
>>64158765
yes but in a slapstick way, not in a witty dialogue way
>>
>>64155138
but not better then, jabba the hut, boba, tarken, sidious, and General Grievous is way more scarier.
>>
>>64158766
nope, he just becomes a retard cos his rage is impotent
he fails at everthing in the film. literally everything.
>cant capture the map
>cant hold a girl prisoner
>cant be cool like vader
>cant beat a rookie at the force
>>
>>64153983
>Kylo Ren is ugly af

I remember some people yelling at the screen "put your helmet back on brah!" when he shows his face to Rey.

kek

In any case, I think its intentional. The villain of this movie is supposed to be a whiny bitch, he's a metacommentary on the tryhards IRL that whoreship Darth Vader and Sheev, instead of the ligh side like normies do.
>>
File: 1444476793865.jpg (41 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1444476793865.jpg
41 KB, 400x534
>>64154393
>my wife and her son
>>
File: 200% bother.gif (2 MB, 279x350) Image search: [Google]
200% bother.gif
2 MB, 279x350
>>64159865
Don't give him that shit, not everyone's a virgin like you
>>
>>64159865
People still feed this shit bait forced meme?
>>
>>64158766

Except, even a janitor could contain his rage.
>>
>>64155294
Well... there's loki
>>
I really liked Kylo Ren's voice modulation, it was very calming.
>>
>>64158766
But that's not threatening. Anything threatening about the scene was ruined by making it comedic.
>>
>>64153983
>>"Humor" that disrupts the flow

Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>64160184
his voice was great
>>
>>64160503
>The only way to have fun is to have the same attempts at comedy that every other modern movie has shoved down your throat at any given time
>>
File: 1437015765029.jpg (23 KB, 278x249) Image search: [Google]
1437015765029.jpg
23 KB, 278x249
>B-b-but I love the cheesy dialogue
>>
>>64156409
When is this "I like Jar-Jar because I hate JJ" meme going to end?
>>
>>64153983
This has got to be the biggest retard ever
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.