[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>6.5 in IMDb >51% in RT Fucking what? This is a great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 11168888_800.jpg (281 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
11168888_800.jpg
281 KB, 800x1200
>6.5 in IMDb
>51% in RT

Fucking what? This is a great movie and I think in some ways, its actually better than the original. Why is this judged so harshly?
>>
> be in kindergarten
> love Jurassic Park
> hear about Jurassic Park 2
> Hyped beyond belief
> Teacher and aunt tells me that it sucks
> finally watch it when it comes to VHS
> like it

Fuck you all.
>>
>>64153692
>its actually better than the original

I like it but lets not go mental here.

I think a lot of peoples problems with it are mainly unlikable Vince Vaughn and the whole greenpeace angle of the script.

Also the fucking gymnastics what the hell were they thinking

Other than that I think TLW is a solid sequel, Roland steals the show
>>
>>64153692
>6.5 in IMDb

That's pretty fair tbqh
>>
>>64153774
>In some ways, its actually better than the original
>In some ways

Don't quote me out of context. And honestly I believe it is.
>>
>>64153873

In what ways then?

I will say that I agree one aspect is better, JW score is much better than 1s overall.

Has a real sense of danger and adventure to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Jb_1-63fc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EOg5LI3v4Q
>>
JP >>>1st part of TLW >shit>2nd part of TLW=JW>JP3
>>
>>64154026
I dunno. It feels more like an adventure and the set pieces are much bigger. Also C'mon, who doesn't like the entire segment where the T.Rex is reeking havoc in San Diego? I think there's too many throwaway characters though, and there plenty of stupid shit thrown in for no reason, such as the gymnastics crap. I also don't like the black girl, not because she's black, I just feel she puts a damper on it a bit.
>>
>>64154096
After watching JP3 I didn't think JW could be any worse, but to my amazement, it actually was. Absolutely one of the worst movies I've seen this year. It's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>64154218

Nah JW has its problems but it is in noway as best as that straight to DVD fare that is JP3
>>
File: TLW-DieterStark.jpg (23 KB, 304x230) Image search: [Google]
TLW-DieterStark.jpg
23 KB, 304x230
>mfw in a The Lost World thread
>>
File: RolandmotherfuckingTembo.png (120 KB, 282x247) Image search: [Google]
RolandmotherfuckingTembo.png
120 KB, 282x247
>>64153774
>Roland steals the show
Right on
>>
>>64155158
did this motherfucker died on the ship or what? he just disappeared and the movie didn't let us see the badass go in a badass way
>>
>>64155431
No, he left the island alive and well.
>>
>>64155557
thats great.
>>
>>64155557
>>64155616
The actor is dead irl though, so he won't be able to team up with meme lord to kill the dinosaurs the military will inevitably use/ develop in JW2
>>
>>64155696
oh thats unfortunate.
>>
>>64155696
I didn't know that, that's a pity.
>>
>>64153692

>its actually better than the original

You're out of your fucking mind.

It was an average movie at best, but nowhere near the original.
>>
>>64153692
It's actually decent. I think it makes more sense than the second book tbqh.

Though adding the Carnotaurs would have been nice.

Haven't read it in a while.
>>
>>64153692
>6.5

Seems about right, it's an average movie at best. 6 is average
>>
>>64153692
Mah nigga! Fucking love this movie. It's different than the original in many ways and I love how it's like a jungke adventure film like the original King Kong. Also idc what they say, I love the San Diego scene. The music is GOAT as well

I still own the 2 tape VHS collectors edition I got for my birthday
>>
>>64155777
He said better in SOME ways, not better. Read before you quote.

My guess on why people bitch about it OP,
: because it's too different than the original. People wanted more "yeah, oooo, ahhh" and didn't want a movie that was a bit darker (but fun in its own ways) and just wanted some fun movie.

Well they listened and gave them jurassic park 3, it's far less elaborate sequel, and we all saw what happened there (I enjoy it, but it's not even close to the first 2)
>>
The book is better imo, but some of the songs are goat, see >>64154026
>>
>>64154026
Not OP, but some things I think are better are the music, I think it's hard to compare the two in other aspects because they are so different, but some things the movie does great (the set peices like the long grass, compy scene, the raptor chase) are in large part due to the darker color pallet, the greater use of shadows, and the darker tone and effective music. The scene when Sarah readys the dart trigger to shoot the father rex is imo a great scene that moxes the music, tone, and camera work
>>
>>64153692
because black power raptor kick "you were kicked off the team?" and the critics were like gtfo
>>
>>64155993
its good until King kong san siego. They shouldve just ended it when they got back, that shit was cheese dog city
>>
man Ellie was hot and young Lex was hot too.
>>
>>64153692
Didn't have the "magic" of the first movie. There was no Wow factor.

It felt like a cheap monster movie with bad characters and bored actors.

I hated the homicidal dinosaurs. They didn't feel like animals in the first movie just mindless monsters.
>>
I love it as much as the first one.

People complaining about the aeroibics kick are silly, the first one had stupid shit like that too.

JP3 is utter shit tho.
>>
JP>TLW>JW>JP3
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.