[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did people hate this part? / Find it cringey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Why did people hate this part? / Find it cringey?
>>
It was just an unnecessary shot

Plus either the person holding the camera has parkinsons, or it really was that shaky in the final shot
>>
>>64151570
The build up was a bit dull for me, I couldn't accept the scenary as anything but an Irish monestary
>>
It went 20 seconds longer than it should have. It looked awkward and way way too over dramatic
>>
It just felt out of place. It could have just ended on the static shot and had the same impact, if not a lot more impact. Instead Abrams had to need to feel "epic" and give us this.
>>
It's shot in a way that doesn't fit any of the other films and TFA itself. A fucking helicopter/drone rotate, wtf is this LOTR baka senpai
>>
>>64151570

if it wasn't so fucking jerky it wouldn't be so bad... fucking horrible
>>
>>64151570

>not a single word of dialogue from Luke

Wow, thanks for your contribution Mr. Hamill.
>>
>>64151570

DIRECTED BY JJ ABRAMS-tier cinematography
>>
>>64151570

I loved it. Potentially more than the rest of the movie put together.
>>
>>64151693

What would you have expected him to say?

This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEq1Z0bjdwc
>>
>"So... Do I talk first or do you?"
>>
>>64151693
Not his fault. The idiot writers literally could not have written him into the movie without him overshadowing the new cast. As it stands they had a really difficult time doing this for Han (which is why they had to kill him, he was pandering way too much to Rey, having Luke do that would have ruined the franchise irreparably.)
>>
>>64151713
At least you could see what was going on.
>>
>Rey Walks up
>Stops, stares at something off camera
>Luke turns around, face partially onscured
>Rey pulls out the Saber
>Luke takes down his hood, few seconds of stare
>Directed by Jew Jew

Simple. No need for that nasty Fast and Furious shot or the 60 seconds of staring.
>>
>>64151801

I would even have liked a little smirk or something from Luke. Something subtle.

But Jew Jew can't do subtle.
>>
>>64151570
reminds me of Lotr
>>
Probably thought it would be iconic. If he wanted it to be a stare down shot with both of them in it have it so that they're at opposite sides of the screen with a still camera, Rey's Arm outstretched, begging Luke to come home, Luke stoic, unsure of what to do.
>>
>>64151823

Why the fuck would he smile?
>>
I thought that scene was very Arthurian: a lone shieldmaiden seeks out the vanished king to return his magic sword and beg him to return to save the kingdom.

The location is also very similar to Tintagel, the castle where Arthur was supposedly born.
>>
>>64151823

He's being confronted by a girl who's on the verge of tears, with the weapon thay probably brings back all the trauma of his fight with Vader on Bespin...

Why would he smile?
>>
>>64151902

Cus he's alone on an island with a hot yong piece of fresh pussy
>>
>>64151743
underbraised roast
>>
it just didn't feel like a Star Wars ending shot at all
>>
>>64151735
>After all these Star Wars Episode VII/ The Force Awakens directed by Jar Jar Abrams
>>
>>64151955

Chewie and R2 are just down the path tho

Also, Daisy Ridley needs to eat a sandwich.
>>
>>64151996

R2 and Chewie were Luke's bros before they were Rey's, they can join in if they want
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.