[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think she didn't shoot him in the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 5jf458-pukk7e.jpg (1 MB, 1167x1800) Image search: [Google]
5jf458-pukk7e.jpg
1 MB, 1167x1800
Why do you think she didn't shoot him in the end?
>>
Because she'd go to jail for life.
>>
because she's not a wolf.

/thread
>>
Out of fear or she choosing to allow the 'lesser evil' are your options. Shoulda have shot.
>>
File: 1422813452225.gif (2 MB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1422813452225.gif
2 MB, 400x302
because the end justifies the means
>>
Sicario posters are all dope
>>
¿QUIERES MORIR?
>>
>>64151438
Actually, she didn't shoot him anywhere.
>>
It's a metaphor for feminism recognizing that the patriarchy needs to exist :^)
>>
File: vlc 2015-12-26 22-07-09-27.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
vlc 2015-12-26 22-07-09-27.png
1 MB, 1920x800
Because she realizes her hollow philosophy is one based on everyone being a good guy and playing by the books. She realizes that Alejandro is the monster that is needed to deal with evil.
>>
>>64152532
But this isn't necessarily true. You can win by playing by the book. Financially, mostly.
>>
oh man, just finished watching this

fucking superb movie

>>64152609

with an army of battle droids / iron-man suits or infinite resources, yeah
>>
>>64152609
It depends. Playing by the book isn't always the answer. Kate thought playing by the book was always the right thing to do. But sometimes, when shit is fucked so bad that people can't differentiate a person from an animal, you need to start reconsider the efficiency of your methods.

Playing by the rules is fine so long as the rules are lenient enough to win.
>>
>>64151438
Because he saved the day
>>
What I want to know is how Alejandro, a former prosecutor aka LAWYER, became this spec ops badass?

Who would train a guy with no military experience, whose probably in his 30s? Doesn't make sense, unless I missed something.
>>
>>64152771
You are automatically a badass if you come from Juarez. Didn't you watch the movie?
>>
Villeneuve is the current king of /tensecore/. Prisoners, Sicario, Enemy: the atmosphere is HEAVY as hell on all them. Somebody should make a chart.
>>
>>64152771
SoA
>>
>>64152771
>didn't watch the movie, the poster
>>
File: ridley-scott.jpg (388 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
ridley-scott.jpg
388 KB, 1500x1125
>>64152805
I was sceptical of Blade Runner 2 until someone told me he's directing it. Holy shit that's even better than Scott himself.
>>
I didn't really like the movie but the sense of dread the soundtrack created during some of the scenes was incredible
>>
>>64152876
At this point Scott's lost his edge I think
>>
>>64152842
Thanks for helping explain a point I clearly missed.
>>
>>64151438
Plot was weak as fuck but plot is something you should grow out of when you watch movies, of course there are films telling stories but it's a visual medium and not a book, it's more about pictures, emotions and how they are conveyed through the actors and shots in my opinion.

I don't care why she did or not did it
>>
>>64152771
he was Sicario first
>>
>>64153463
That's an important point. Sure, an explanation could add a nice touch, but it was fine.
>>
>>64153528
I just watched it and the motivations and characters are piss poorly written, I guess the script was by a woman, I just liked the atmosphere and scenes, it wasn't anything special really but a very good film for Hollywood standards. Also Emily Blunt is fucking cute and the spec ops stuff is something that every man, with even the slightest bit of testosterone left in his emasculated balls, most likely loves to watch.
Was a fun movie, 6/10 for sure but nothing more, still assumingly one of the best releases this year.
>>
>>64153682
To add to the character part, just one example, Kate, a woman that is clearly not stupid, seems to be very sharp and reflected by the way Blunt portrays her, who is a SWAT member, presumably isn't able to see beyond the most simple black and white ideology and constantly whines because >muh book
I mean a 33 year old woman (just assuming Blunt is that age) should be well beyond this point of thinking and should just accept it, her characters motives where fucking retarded and superficial, and it was only there to push some plot line forward.
>>
1. Because she has just signed away her identity together with the reason to be a cop and persecute criminals. Whether she kills him or not, he had won either way

2. Because killing him would be pointless as he doesn't value his own life ever since he lost his family. If anything, killing him would be giving him a favor
>>
So i just finished the movie a second ago. Who the fuck was Sicario? Was he the boss of the guy that Del Toro shoots at the dinnertable?
>>
File: 1448846779027.gif (2 MB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1448846779027.gif
2 MB, 420x315
>>64153988
>>
>>64151438
She was scared of reprisals from CIA and the Cartel.
Also she's a woman so a lousy shoot anyway.
>>
>>64151438
She's not a murderer. She's a Mary Sure. Can't do no wrong.
>>
>>64153988
They were all sicarios
>>
>>64154080
Shut up
>>
>>64153988
Sicario was the girl. She makes a turn to the dark side in the movie and the title represents her understanding of it.

Sic + ar + io( in italian because of her heritage)
Sick are io = I'm sick
It's very deep, so it's ok to not get it the first time
>>
>>64153988
Are you literally retarded? It's in the first lines of the movie, it's the Mexican word for hitman, there is no hitman in this movie so there is no sicario, it's just a nice word that some hack in the marketing division chose.
>>
>>64153988
It was Blunt's character. Kate Sicario was her full name.
>>
>>64154127
>there is no hitman in this movie
I'm getting too old for this trolling /tv/
>>
>>64154057
"What are you gonna do? Stab me?"
>>
>>64153988

in mexican, sicario means Mary Sue
>>
>>64154123
Thanks. Now I see the light.
>>
>>64151438

Stupid fucking movie, that's why?

1) Why did she freak out by the tye die livestrong bracelet? Only the audience was clued in as to its significance at that point.

2) Why would she fucking care about signing that document? All she would have to do is say she signed it with a gun pointed to her head. A signature isn't a permanent conclusion.

3) Why didn't she figure out the actual purpose of her role earlier? She already knew Brolin's character was CIA.
>>
>>64154149
I don't know if this turned into a meme yet, and if this is some inside joke you sicario posters have here, but there was not a single hitman, at least in my understanding, Del Taco was just some Operator guy, the rest were either Cartel members or drug bosses or SWAT/Spec ops troops.
>>
>>64154206
Del Taco was the hitman for fucks sake.
>>
>>64154127
>it's just a nice word that some hack in the marketing division chose.

/thread
>>
>>64152521

>the patriarchy is necessary...to fight the patriarchy.
>>
>>64153463

> but it's a visual medium

Hardly ever.
>>
>>64154259
I wouldnt say that. A hitman to me is someone hired for the sole purpose of killing x number of person(s), he is not personally attached to the people he is after because then he would be a murderer.
>>
>>64154454

A hitman is a type of murderer.

He was contracted to kill a person. He was a hitman.
>>
>>64154366
please go explain. Do you imply that having spoken language on screen lessens a movies visual qualities or waters down its state of "true film"
>>
>>64151438
Post 9/11 audiences are supposed to come to terms with the fact that governments only respect the rule of law when it is convenient. The Del Toro character even explicitly states this a bit earlier. Essentially the same message as Zero Dark Thirty.

She is the protagonist. By not shooting him (and forgiving someone that would have killed her just moments ago), she leads us as the audience to this conclusion.

But it also could've been fear. A government sponsored Hitman almost killed her. She must have known that the (unknown) politicians behind this would not allow her to live, unless she signs the paper and disappears.
>>
>>64154478
well, my point still stands, sicario is just some fancy word that marketers thought would sell well, it bears no importance on anything or any character in my perception
>>
>>64154513
I think that she just didnt see enough of a reason, I felt like she was in fear of him, thats why she wanted to shoot him and then she realized that even if she did, she would not survive and that it was smarter to not do it, since he also didnt really threaten her, he was very controlled and cool and she didnt hate him or anything, at least that is my autistic POV
>>
>>64154501

If there is any audio, then it is no longer strictly a visual medium.

If there is a plot whatsoever, then it fails to be strictly a visual medium.
>>
>>64154539

It's a real word. From like the third-most spoken language in the world.
>>
>>64154127
There were those nine hitmen at the border that got rekt by Del Toro and company
>>
>>64154605
>since he also didn’t really threaten her

Of course he did. He put a gun to her head. Also notice that the Brolin character wasn't there, even though he must've been the one that sent him. (Obviously so he can deny any involvement later)

He was clearly there to kill her. And he would've done it.
>>
>>64154617
That is a very narrow, probably correct definition but its hard to tell a story purely with pictures, even films that had no sound used text, which is in some form sound(as it translates to spoken word in your own head)
>>
>>64154667
I didnt doubt that, but I meant that it bears no importance to the movie itself.
>>64154696
as i said, not professionals but probably just cartel thugs who snort coke and smuggle dope in their other jobs
>>64154740
I did not get the impression, sure he wouldve killed her but she knew that he would not go that far and she knew she would not try to go there as well, it wasnt really suspenseful, altough I in that situation would probably have been scared too, but to me there was never a real threat for her life in form of del taco
>>
>>64154767
>but its hard to tell a story purely with pictures

>tell a story

I think you need to recognize that you are arguing that it is difficult to tell a story without telling a story.

The presence of a story WHATSOEVER completely nullifies the claim that film is a visual medium.
>>
>>64154900
a photo can tell a story, or at least give you an impression, a succesion of photos can tell you a story, story is not something exclusive to text or audio m8
>>
>>64154204
>Why did she freak out by the tye die livestrong bracelet? Only the audience was clued in as to its significance at that point.

She saw the money that was tied with those bands.

>Why didn't she figure out the actual purpose of her role earlier? She already knew Brolin's character was CIA.

She knew why she was there, so the CIA could operate on US soil. She didn't know it was an op to kill the cartel leader using a mercenary.
>>
>>64154871

> it bears no importance to the movie itself

It does. It is the Spanish word for hitman. The were multiple hitmen in the movie. Many of the characters spoke Spanish. Get over it.

>not professionals

If they were hired to kill someone then they are professional hitmen, also known as a sicario.

From Iscariot.
>>
>>64154961

One can infer a story from a photo, but a photo cannot tell a story.
>>
>>64154871
>sure he wouldve killed her but she knew that he would not go that far
That's a contradiction.

Personally, I think it was a suspenseful scene. It could very well have gone the other way. Just a few minutes earlier he killed two children and their mother in cold blood.

I bet they even shot that alternative ending but decided against it.
>>
This was not a very complicated movie, and yet a number of anons clearly either didn't get several details or were staring at their phones the whole time.
>>
>>64154123
That's bullshit and retarded. Did you watch the movie? They give you the translation of sicario in the opening minutes and its translated from an english-spanish dictionary. It's on the fucking poster you dumbass. They didn't give it to the watcher and expect him to go "wow wait dude the girl is italian so what if i translate sicario in italian but i put spaces between some parts. wooow man it's - i'm sick"
fuck you moron.
>>
>>64152771

All you know is that he had degree in the law and job as a prosecutor in Mexico. None of this would contradict having experience in the law enforcement or military prior to that.
>>
>>64155331
Is this post satire?
>>
>>64155271
Sometimes I get why capeshit has gotten so big.
>>
File: Sicario.01:51:45.jpg (507 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Sicario.01:51:45.jpg
507 KB, 1920x800
Did it turn her on?
>>
File: Sicario.01:53:18.jpg (637 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Sicario.01:53:18.jpg
637 KB, 1920x800
>>
>>64155512
>"Be a Sicario™ or i will pull the trigger"

Fuck you Villeneuve
>>
>>64152771
>in his 30s
Nah he's much older than that late 40s,
>>
So Del Toro says that Blunt reminds him of his daughter. So, this means that she was already an adult when she was acided? This changes things.
>>
>>64156063
I think he meant her naivete and innocence
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.