[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate when directors leave the possibility to audience to sympathize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: woman-thumbs-down-26032628[1].jpg (74 KB, 1300x868) Image search: [Google]
woman-thumbs-down-26032628[1].jpg
74 KB, 1300x868
I hate when directors leave the possibility to audience to sympathize for bad characters
bad guys MUST be bad guys.. what kind of message is "oh yeah, he's a twisted psychopath but he's sort of cool, see?"
I want movies where bad guys are BAD, UNRELATABLE
i want movies where good is good, bad is bad, is that asking too much?

these edgy directors piss me off so much
>>
So what you're saying is instead of accurate depictions of reality, all dramatised fiction should substitute real emotion and character depth for shallow polarised notions of good and evil?

Sounds pretty childish desu senpai
>>
>>64150971
movies should teach, not depict reality (that is pure shit)
>>
Unrelatable evil is weak evil.

>either the guy is just mentally unstable, and perceived as weak
>or he's a fucking idiot, which is also perceived as weak

A villain is best, to me, when I can understand what he wants while disagreeing with his methods. All else is childish bullshit that belongs in a fairy tale.

I can relate to Hitler because I know his reasons. It doesn't make him less interesting, it makes him more interesting.

I want badass villains who simply aren't pussies. I don't know of any qualifying villain so far, it's like Hollywood doesn't know how to write them.
>>
>>64151008
>movies should teach
no
>>
>>64150971
>>64151025

>childish

is this the new /pol/ meme word?
>>
>>64151008
So it's better for a movie to teach fictionalised notions of good and evil, instead of portraying actual discussions of morality that will be more useful and relatable to people throughout their life? Surely you get a better life lesson out of something with depth and intrigue, than some fairy-tale bullshit.
>>
>>64150910
r u 12?
>>
>>64151078
why not? afraid of something? are you one of those who defend hateful defunct ideologies?
>>
>>64151082
lmao and then people is surprised when psychos shoot up theatres

fuck off dude
>>
>>64151147
No, I disagree that film is a medium to teach over.
>>
>>64151446

This.
>>
>>64151446
dunno, usually are tinfoiled fascists do to this kind of reasonings
>>
>>64150910
Watch Black Mass. It's one of the only movies where i felt that the bad guy was actually bad.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.