[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: 1.png (1 MB, 894x1174) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 MB, 894x1174
What went wrong?
>>
>>64150470

why gleeson is fucking everywhere this year fucking faggot cunt
>>
>>64150470
Makes me wonder how the original would have went if Tarkis had survived in ANH
>>
>>64150470
Those damn Rebels killed Tarkin, that's what went wrong.
>>64150520
He would have been a shoe-in to replace the Emperor when he died.
>>
>>64150470
Damn it's really really depressing.
Fuck JJ and his reboot/sequel shit, and fuck Disney shills for spamming this shit.
>>
What a missed opportunity to put Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart in a Star Wars movie. Even Daniel Craig would be fine. But this lame Redhead was horrible.
>>
>>64150470
Why did we get exactly the same shit twice?
>>
>>64150470
Lighting
>>
>>64150510
because you have poor choice in film picking the pleb choice
>>
>>64150470
Nothing, they are both great. Being an edgy contrarian doesn't make you smart.
>>
>>64150470
Hux annoys me, hes too young and hes a ranga
>>
>>64150677
>Even Daniel Craig would be fine
It was fine
>>
>>64150470
why do they make the empire look like nazis?
>>
Snoke wants people he can control, he doesn't want a repeat of the Vader incident
>>
>>64150470
Nothing. Hux was good and Kylo was an interesting villain. I'm glad they didn't just do another Vader/Maul/Grievous type of enforcer villain.
>>
>>64151211
its a good vs evil flick and jews can only picture the nazis as evil,therfore JJJJJJ went for the nazi look because hes still upset about his family of 6 gorillion or something
>>
>>64151275
Are you saying the OT Imperials didn't look like Nazis? Because you are provably wrong.
>>
>>64151311
different to having a nuremberg rally and a pretty much one to one replica of an ss uniform for bad guys
>>
old uniforms looked way better

jewjew had to nazifiy the new ones up 100% to remind the goys
>>
>>64151275
>implying the Empire wasn't Nazi as fuck in the OT
>>
>>64151311
>Are you saying the OT Imperials didn't look like Nazis?
I just read my comment many times. Couldn't see that I said that anywhere....hmmmm get your eyes checked
>>
One Respected each other and worked together

Other were dick to each other all the time and tried to surpass the other
>>
>>64151158
This, he'd be a baby when the Empire fell, why is he in charge of everything when there'd be surviving Imperial commanders left?
>>
>>64150470
The relationships aren't similar at all. There's a sibling rivalry aspect to Hux and Kylo that Vader and Tarkin didn't have
>>
>>64151378
Tarkin was a Moff and Vader was a Sith Lord. They couldn't rise any higher apart from overthrowing Sheev. They didn't have any interest in power plays and only concerned themselves with the good of the Empire.
>>
>>64151386
Itd be cool of we had an old guy instead of young hux and we got some back story of him being a young officer in the empire.
>>
>>64151349
>jewjew had to nazifiy the new ones up 100

He's not even hiding it :
>"That all came out of conversations about what would have happened if the Nazis all went to Argentina but then started working together again?"
>"What could be born of that? Could The First Order exist as a group that actually admired The Empire? Could the work of The Empire be seen as unfulfilled? And could Vader be a martyr? Could there be a need to see through what didn’t get done?"

But lets see the previous movies:
>"stormtrooper"
>slightly nazified uniforms
>darth vader helmet
>"chancelor"
>Sheev's declaration of Empire
>>
>>64150470
Nothing? Hux & Kylo were pretty great.

But I know how you need to start a thread in a negative matter just so you can get replies from people.
>>
File: DSC_9461-500x500_91_1_93__m.jpg (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9461-500x500_91_1_93__m.jpg
120 KB, 500x500
>>64151723
Here we go again...

Stormtrooper is Germany WW1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormtrooper

Nazified uniforms
No, theyre WW1 based
>pic related
>>
>>64151841
JJ got it totally wrong.

Nobody hated Tarkin. Tarkin wasn't designed as a character who's sterile, shitty, and unlikeable like "Hux" was.
Obviously Tarkin (and the Empire as a whole) had some Nazi imagery, but JJ, either because he's a Jew or because he doesn't understand subtlety, decided to hamfist the Nazi imagery to hell and back, making 'Hux' a ginger pumped-up Hitler. It was embarrassing. I'm surprised the next scene wasn't just text saying "WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL". That said, the only white male protagonist in the entire movie in a series originally geared exclusively to white males was murdered for dramatic effect, so it looks like they did the next best thing.
>>
>>64151359
>I just read my comment many times. Couldn't see that I said that anywhere.
> JJJJJJ went for the nazi look

The nazi look was already part of the series, JJ didn't change anything
>>
>>64152006
So the main character being white doesn't count because she's a woman?
>>
>>64150677
He looks or acts a little like David Warner, and it made me wish David Warner was actually in the role.
>>
File: 1451946515644.png (1 MB, 894x1174) Image search: [Google]
1451946515644.png
1 MB, 894x1174
>>64150470
>>
>>64150470
Domhnall "That redheided cunt" Gleeson is a poor replacement for Peter Cushing. Then again, who isn't?
>>
It would have made for better chemistry if it was just Kylo Ren and Phasma.
>>
>>64152056
In a series that exists entirely because of white male fans, it counts against the fact that the only white male protagonist was killed off, while a latino, a black guy, and a woman are given center stage, and the antagonists went from an authoritarian space Empire that borrowed imagery from Prussia, Nazi Germany, and the British Empire to flat-out fervent white male super-Nazis. You literally couldn't make them more Nazi-ish unless they started calling the "Resistance" Juden and the turbo-Nazi had a ginger toothbrush moustache.
The first time the series (a staple of the 'white male' stereotype or whatever you want to call it) gets handed to a quoted diversity-pushing Jewish man and this happens.
/pol/ couldn't make it up.

If the best counter to that is "but the woman is white" then it says a lot.
>>
>>64150470
Kylo looked good on posters and shit but if just take a random pic from a movie that costume is just a fucking cosplay level crap...
>>
>>64152307
>If the best counter to that is "but the woman is white" then it says a lot.
What does it say?
>>
>>64152388
It says that you readily admit the presence of white male protagonists has been almost (if not entirely) removed, and I'll say it again, in a series notoriously built by and for white males.
Are you confused or am I confused?
>>
>>64152307

Why do you care? It's not as if the ethnicity of the characters or even gender has very much to do with how they're characterized.
>>
>>64151433
This. There was no lack of respect for each other or for themselves. Alpha's taking charge and ruling shit
>>
>>64152307
It sucks doesnt it anon.

Its like the hunger games series.
The good guys are always called the "resistance" just like all the fucking commie shit. Always use the "le revolution fist" in these movies.
Bad guys are wearing all white uniforms.
By the end the main bad guy even starts talking about how beautiful white is.

How more obvious can this bullshit get.
>>
>>64152307
You're no better than the people bitching that there aren't any Asian main characters.
>>
>>64152502
If this is true, why did a conscious effort have to be made to transform the demography of the series so radically? Surely if it doesn't actually matter then it wouldn't have been done in the first place, but it obviously was, so it obviously does matter.
>>
>>64151002
Also camera and action.
>>
>>64152458
Do you think the majority of white males need a self-insert character to enjoy a movie?
>>
>>64150470
Like russia in the 50s. 80% of able-bodied men were killed in the war.
>>
>>64152570

I'm not going to defend the diversity for diversity's sake meme that the left is enamored with because I don't agree with it. I disagree with them for the same reason I disagree with you. Race or gender does not define who you are. And I think the film did a good job of portraying that.
>>
>>64152721
>Race or gender does not define who you are. And I think the film did a good job of portraying that.
no its an attack on christmas
>>
>>64152721
except if did define who they were
plenty of decisions were made because of the actors race and gender

it was sjw agenda pushing to the max
>>
File: 7659.jpg (2 MB, 3688x3304) Image search: [Google]
7659.jpg
2 MB, 3688x3304
>>64150470

Have you been on /pol/ recently?

Do you think those posters and their personalities closer resemble the top or bottom pic?
>>
>>64152777

JJ made activist casting choices, but in the film the characters are much more than their race or gender. The only impact it had was on sexual dynamics.
>>
>>64152583
God no, I just think it's fucking cringe-worthy than an otherwise overwhelmingly-white male series had to be dramatically transformed to represent the perfect feminist multicultural mindset of a minority on the far-left of the political spectrum, when they didn't even have any stake or interest in the series in the first place.
I've watched and enjoyed loads of things that don't 'represent' me in the slightest, like American Horror Story Coven and the film The Craft and shit-tons of others like it. I never felt the urge to have the characters replaced with white men instead of the non-whites/women characters. because I liked it for what it was, so the reverse seems wrong and intrusive and politically subversive to me.

My position literally just boils down to "stop meddling with other people's things for the sake of your identity politics". Not very extreme, is it?

>>64152721
>Race or gender does not define who you are
Evidently, in this new trilogy, race and gender massively define who you are. Did you not watch the movie? Did you not see the correlation between race/gender and their roles in the movie? Did you not notice how the First Order was many magnitudes of order less 'diverse' than the protagonists?
>>
>>64152721
>Race or gender does not define who you are. And I think the film did a good job of portraying that.
But the movie does the opposite by consciously placing minorities and women in good guy roles while letting the villains be white supremacists.
>>
>>64152839

Finn was a stormtrooper, m8. They probably have more black stormtroopers.

>>64152825

Casting choices have nothing to do with characterization.
>>
>>64152821
>characters are much more than their race or gender
Are you trolling or do you genuinely not see the link between having the good guys be hugely disproportionately ethnic and female, while having the bad guys be extreme-nazi aesthetic and almost entirely white men, bearing in mind that this is fucking Star Wars of all things?
>>
>>64152839
-at least two female stormtroopers
-at least one woman of color in the operating room of the galaxy's most deadly fucking weapon
--at least one black dude stormtrooper
>>
>>64152825
>My position literally just boils down to "stop meddling with other people's things for the sake of your identity politics". Not very extreme, is it?
The casting was influenced by a desire to include other people than white males in the franchise, but that doesn't mean the series itself is leftist or anti-white suddenly. If Mel Gibson casts a 100% white movie that doesn't automatically makes it a white nationalist movie.
>>
>>64152307

Anon, I'm a SW fan for decades and I love the fact that we finally have a young girl MC.

I always wanted this in SW. And if you are not a faggot or some self inserting autist you should like it too.

And literally everybody loves Nazis as bad guys.
>>
>>64152883
But you agree that the imagery that the New Order radiates is one based on white supremacy and therefore the white race is more or less the villains of the movie. Finn is black but he also escapes and becomes the hero. Meanwhile the Resistance is a liberal's wet dream. There is an agenda. There is no point in denying that. Fucking JJ explicitly stated there is an agenda of him casting black guy as the hero. As there is an agenda of Rey being perfect at everything.
>>
>>64152915
Get over it.
>>
>>64150470
>that scene when kylo said grandfather
feels
>>
>>64152915

And the good guys in the originals were more diverse in race and even species (and some were robots) than the empire. It's nothing new.
>>
>>64152943
>based on white supremacy and therefore the white race is more or less the villains of the movie.

Nope
>>
>>64152915

Why are you so upset over the representation of men in media, while you give no fucks at all about the representation of women?
>>
>>64152915
>bad guys all white men

who is phasma

did you see any stormtroopers faces besides finn?

there were 2 white dudes who were with the first order, if you're going with actual screen appearance

why is injecting race into everything a meme. the races literally don't matter.
>>
>>64152939
Unless Mel Gibson was willingly choosing white people over black people, despite the latter being just as good or even better at the job, then it's not racism.

But that's not what has happened here. JJ admits he picked Boyega because of him being black. That's racism. I don't care what liberals say about only whites being able to be racists. But JJ favoring a black guy based on his skin color rather than acting is racism.
>>
>>64152943

It was the same in the originals.
>>
>>64152991

You already know why and you're wasting time debating about it
>>
>>64152943

The entire point of the old Empire was white supremacy in space.

All officers were white dudes. Empire was Nazis mixed with British imperialism.

While Rebels fought for the rights of aliens and minorities.
>>
The difference is I didn't want to see Vader and Tarkin fuck after the movie
>>
>>64152988
Yep. You probably didn't notice it. But your brain did. At this point it's not even about Nazis anymore. It's about whites thinking they're hot shit because they're white and why that's bad.
>>
>>64153008

Boyega played the role tremendously well. I doubted casting choice myself because of your mentioned reason, but as soon as I saw him act I forgot about it.
>>
>>64153031
Oh, n-neither did I...
>>
>>64150677
Daniel Craig was in the movie.
>>
>>64153005
>the races dont matter in a movie where it looks like the actor's ethnicities were chosen with a spinning wheel to the point where it looks stupid
but at least diversityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>Vader and Tarkin
>get shit done
>things go awry, heads roll and a plan is conceived

>Kylo and forgettable guy
>struggle to get shit done
>things go awry and Kylo literally starts trashing his playpen with his toys
>>
>>64153031

wew lad
>>
File: 1321839491798.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1321839491798.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>64152804
>/pol/ claiming to be aryan
should've known. I bet majority of /pol/ are a bunch of huehuehues
>>
>>64153008
>JJ admits he picked Boyega because of him being black
You're mixing up what some people here were memeing after the first trailer dropped, with JJ saying he wanted to include more diversity in Hollywood. Boyega was perfect for his role.
>>
>>64153045
But JJ literally says he picked Boyega because he's black. Your speculation means naught when we know it's because of politics he got the role.
>>
>>64153031
sure anon....
>>
Hux > Tarkin

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
>>64153008
Fact: If the character had been white and otherwise unchanged, you'd be bitching all the harder about the representation white males in media. As finn was cowardly, weak, traitorous, amoral, and friendzoned.
>>
File: 1339965872282.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1339965872282.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>64153026
>While Rebels fought for the rights of aliens and minorities
I can't tell who's trolling who anymore
>>
>>64151349
They just went from Wehrmacht-inspired to SS-inspired uniforms. It wasn't anymore subtle before.
>>
You can't have old characters.
Unless they were in the previous movies of course.
>>
>>64153093
Fact: What you did is called an asspull.
>>
>>64153026
Don't forget about the Cockney gangsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vskHXtPuvBk
>>
>>64153082
So the statement about JJ wanting someone else but a white lead isn't true? Because I've read the interview myself. And it's exactly what he says.
>>
>>64153070

Kylo is a newbie who didn't even finish his training.

Hux destroyed the Republic and it's fleet.
>>
>>64153114
So the fact 99.9% of the bitching about boyega stopped dead as soon as people saw the movie, because the character wasn't some idealized fantasy, is an asspull?
>>
>>64150677
>Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart
Do you need one of these two in every Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie you watch?
>>
>>64153093

JJ says he was gay for Boyega after watching attack on the block and that he wanted to work with him. I've not heard the quote you mention. I've heard JJ say he wanted a more diverse main cast, but that's it. He respected Boyega as an actor prior to casting him.
>>
>>64153026
>While Rebels fought for the rights of aliens and minorities.
No you dumb SJW.
>>
>>64153105

But it's true. It always was.
>>
>>64153057
dawg, finn was the best actor in the movie

han

leia

luke

aliens

po darren
>muh war on whites
>muh tokens

if you think this movie has token casting choices you're really missing the point. there are aliens walking around, the casting is only to forward the narrative and works

>but muh wimmen empowerment frustrates me
>but muh black negroes
>>
>>64153172

Yes you dumb fag.

Empire being racist towards aliens is one of the main reasons why Rebellion started.
>>
>>64153147
>So the fact 99.9%
Oh Great. More asspulls. Why do you deny an actor was cast for the color of his skin when the fucking director explicitly told us so? It's politics. Just as it's politics having a female character being best at everything. It's what someone wanted JJ to put in the film for political reasons.
>>
>>64153093
>cowardly
that's not true outside of the first 30 minutes
>weak
that's also not true. he was skilled with a blaster. his mistake was trying to use a saber
>traitorous
>amoral
>friendzoned
ah, so you're just trollin'
>>
>>64152307
The only white male protagonist belongs to the jewish caste. The son, the main antagonist, who will probably redeem himself is also from the jewish caste. So the only white male goyims of importance are this fascist Tarkin counterpart and Luke who will probably die and become a force ghost once Rey is ready to take up the mantle.

As Kylo is Rey's evil counterpart, Hux is Finn's. So general Hux final fight will be againt the bottom ranked black man, who will display his superiority toward his former boss.

Morale of the story ; white men should just die and let the diversity take their place, those trying to resist are downright evil.
>>
>>64153190
The rebellion was started the moment the republic was made into an Empire controlled by Sidious. But yeah, your SJW fanfics is probably more legit than actual Star Wars movies.
>>
>>64153190
>Empire being racist towards aliens is one of the main reasons why Rebellion started
Is this some fanfiction EU shit?
Where in the movies is this ever a thing?
Is it because Bothans died?
>>
>>64153203
>Luke getting killed in a Star Wars movie
Sounds legit
>>
>>64150470
Nothing
>>
>>64153107

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_sources_and_analogues#Modern_history
>>
>>64153203
Oh man, I can already see it. Finn killing his white boss Hux to prove how awful and opressed dindus are.
>>
>>64153242
>>
>>64153257
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL
>>
>>64152883
Different Anon, and I agree with you to some extent, but the entire industry is rotten to the core when it comes to portraying non-white male characters.

Take the reaction to Rey for example. Apparently movie goers couldn't tell the difference between a weak and strong female character, if one of them went off to Africa and personally helped establish sustainable agriculture, while the other opened a fourth tumblr blog.

The fact that Rey, who spends the movie running away from danger until she has no more options left is hailed as some sort of female hero, the likes of which Star Wars lacked is horrible if you consider that, Leia and the Rebel leader from Return of the Jedi were both women, who took charge, stood up against impossible odds and especially in Leia's case never gave up on what was right; these two are completely ignored, or worse, even accused of being anti-women, just because one wasn't a main character, and the other was treated as a sex object by a character who is literally a symbol of debauchery and sin.

The movie might technically not do anything wrong, but you can't excuse the marketing. The constant plugs that pretend like the franchise lacked diversity until THEY came along and fixed it. Engraving it in people's minds further that this wet sock of a jedi-wanna-be is the ideal of a strong female character, while Leia is some sort of failure.
It's disgusting how misleading everything about this movie is in the marketing. How they push this agenda, to make it look like they are the ones who finally got it right.

Did being black define Lando?
Did being a woman define Leia?
Hell, did being white define any of the main characters in Star Wars?
No?

Then explain why the hell people are convinced now that it was a racist and sexist movie series.
>>
>>64153227

How many aliens did you see among imperial troops and officers?
>>
A lot of you guys are going to be really confused and unsure where to point your rage boners once it's confirmed the romance is actually Finn and Poe instead of Finn and Rey...
>>
>>64153292
Do you know how hard it is to shove a Hutt into a trooper outfit? Or a wookie? Or whatever the fuck those fly things were?
>>
>>64153315

It's fucking obvious there will be no Finn x Rey.

But they won't go with gay romance either.
>>
File: rsp.gif (1012 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
rsp.gif
1012 KB, 500x200
>People of a certain political disposition can't accept the plainly apparent narrative and casting decisions made by an openly multiculturalism-pushing new director without resorting to begging the question and outright making shit up about the original trilogy
>>
>>64153290

The left is going mad, I agree.
>>
>>64153290
>Did being a woman define Leia?
It's funny since Leia feels more of a feminist icon than Rey ever could simply because Leia is far more believable than a fucking superhero in space. And it's obvious Rey was intended as this godsend feminist character that Star Wars had neglected for long enough. It's backwards ass neo-liberal thinking. So I disagree with you. Rey is too good. Leia is flawed enough to be believable. Rey is a character that exists to be a feminist icon. Leia is a character that exists in the context of the story and not in the context of 2015 politics.
>>
>>64153292
Isn't this the exact same argument the people you're arguing against are using? Just, with much more dependence upon total speculation?
>>
>>64153348
But you have to have a romance, think about all those female juice covered shekels. And if it's gay? All the tumblrs will go see it a billion times each
>>
>>64153352

These are external to the film.
>>
who the fuck gives gleeson these fucking roles

man hes such a shitty actor is really annoys me
>>
>>64153412
But they also influence the film, as interviews with JJ have already revealed.
>>
>>64153394

They will alienate a large audience, especially the Chinese.
>>
>>64153412
Strange, because it manifested on-screen throughout most of the movie.
>>
>>64153394
It won't happen. Star Wars makes too much many in conservative countries for them to alienate millions. Star Wars is already making tumblr bucks by casting a dindu and Mary Sue as lead. Financially, it makes more sense to leave it at that.
>>
>>64153452
They can just edit it out for the chinks. Fuckers can't see half the movie anyway.
>>
>>64150677
>What a missed opportunity to put Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart in a Star Wars movie

r
e
d
d
i
t
>>
File: Garindan_trooper.png (3 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [Google]
Garindan_trooper.png
3 MB, 1918x816
>>64153292
>>
>>64153474
>>64153441

How? Good guys are diverse, bad guys are white? It's the same in the originals.
>>
>>64153523

That's just an informant.
>>
>>64153541
>Good guys are diverse
The three main characters are literally all white. And nobody cared they were all white until The Farce Awakens came along and pretended the old Star Wars movies were racist movies.
>>
>>64153541
Even if that were true, do you think it's anywhere to the same extent? You don't see the fact that there was tasteful restraint in the OT, while in the NT it's turned up to 11?
>>
Cushing has had a hard life
Also literally aged 10 years in 4 months
>>
>>64153512
>neo-/tv/
>>
>>64153590

Chewbacca is a wookie and Lando is black. They're also a part of the main cast by the third film. Hell, Lando blows up the second death star.
>>
>>64153382
>So I disagree with you.
But that's exactly what I meant.
Rey feels fake with her powers, but if you remove them, she is really just a really weak and cowardly person who did nothing but run away from danger, something none of the characters in A New Hope did, except arguably Luke up until the moment he found his home burned down. The point being, that those characters were heroic, and she's just... Kind of there, because the action keeps finding her.

Seriously, switch Leia's gender, put some 1940s french clothing on her/him and you've got someone who's right at home as the inspiring leader about the French Resistance. Don't need to change a thing about her, and she's right up there with the big white male heroes.
>>
>>64153665
>Chewbacca is a wookie
Your implication is racist
>>
This thread is the reason that socio-political cuckoldry has become a meme
>>
is the new star wars good?
>>
>>64153717

Oh no. How may I repair my microaggression? That must have been very triggering for you.
>>
>>64153771
yes. but it leaves you a bittersweet taste if you overlook things in it
>>
>>64150470

It's a clear attack on manhood, are you retarded?

http://www.scifiwright.com/2015/12/the-force-awakens-and-hits-the-snooze-button/
>>
>>64153665
And yet nobody cared about that. People thought Lando was badass and people thought Solo was badass. And along comes TFA that treats those movies like racist relics of the past.
>>
File: n_77761_1.jpg (42 KB, 626x335) Image search: [Google]
n_77761_1.jpg
42 KB, 626x335
>>64150470
First Order are basically a small step up from Neo-Nazis, edgy losers and hicks who attempt to mimick the big empire they adore but fail at it.
>>
>>64153823

Just ignore the politics and enjoy the film. That's what I did.
>>
>>64152056
>So the main character being white doesn't count because she's a woman?

Indeed, of their own choice. White female leftists see themselves as first, women, then leftists, and not really white because they think their self-loathing exonerates them from being white.
>>
>>64153821
So as someone that has seen the previous ones but isn't a huge fan I might be a bit lost?
>>
File: 1448826558839.jpg (48 KB, 640x534) Image search: [Google]
1448826558839.jpg
48 KB, 640x534
>>64152502
>Why do you care? It's not as if the ethnicity of the characters or even gender has very much to do with how they're characterized.

Droid please.
>>
>>64153913
no. its basically a "reboot"
starting the franchise again with new characters and some older ones in-between
>>
Rey's mary sue armor was too ridiculous for me even for a star wars movie
>>
>>64153687
>>64153687
Leia was more of a believable heroine than Rey can ever be. Rey, if not for her sudden ability to learn force powers in hours, has no remarkable discernible qualities. Leia was a bad ass rebel leader and it saddens me that when people talk about her all they ever same to remember is her being Jabba's slave girl.
>>
>>64153950

Back to /pol/ you go.
>>
>>64153687
This is why I generally tend to oppose this "THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE STRONG WOMEN IN MOVIES" crowd. It makes no sense. Ok, now you got your strong women characters. They are physically strong and can do things no woman in real life will actually be able to do. Is that a great feminist icon? It's just a man with tits. If anything, it does the opposite, by celebrating man traits by pushing them unto a woman and then celebrate her character.
>>
>>64152135
They even look like cosplay going wrong. kek
>>
>not understanding this dense pottery

The First Order are Nazis, who surfaces as reactionary movement to the (German) Empire's defeat and partition.
>>
>>64152542
>You're no better than the people bitching that there aren't any Asian main characters.

That would be legit complaint though.
>>
>>64153523
literally a dick nose
>>
File: anyone can achieve this.jpg (109 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
anyone can achieve this.jpg
109 KB, 1080x1080
>>64152804

I'm from /pol/ and /fit/. Pic related.
>>
>typical 4chan contrarians hating good things because its trendy and creates "Lulz"
>>
>>64154030
Great argument, you sure showed him.
>>
>>64154126

Did he address any of my points? No.
>>
>>64154114
fuck off shill
>>
>franchise loved by 99% white audience
>somehow shocking to have white people in the franchise
>>
>>64150470
He went to far on the "new generation" shit
Almost every character is literally in their mid 20
>>
>>64152935

Don't be dumb, that single shot was placed there precisely to be able to say, "See, we're not racist."

Fact remains that apart from those defensive tokens, everyone else is white while in the Resistance, you have every race possible.
>>
File: 1441702788368.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1441702788368.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>>64154179
>movie has a 95% on RT
>the faggots this board circlejerks over, RLM, likes it
>/tv/ still managing to hate on it and call people that like it shills
top kek
>>
File: 1415641263684.png (2 MB, 1345x937) Image search: [Google]
1415641263684.png
2 MB, 1345x937
>>64154052
You mean it isn't?
>>
File: 1405517057047.jpg (102 KB, 938x544) Image search: [Google]
1405517057047.jpg
102 KB, 938x544
>>64152991

Because women aren't under attack in the media. Women are represented as everything they want: sexy femme fatales, butchy soldiers, mothers, assassins, etc. And never in a bad way anymore. Can't attack women, they're literally the sacred cows of leftism.
>>
>>64152804
Some of those are noted Tumblr sjws, not the nasty /pol/ boogeyman.
For example, that neckbearded guy started the 'white men are like poisoned M&M's' meme.
I'm not American so I hesitate to call you a 'liberal', so what's the best term? Cuckold, crypto-Marxist, what? Either way, you're fucking retarded.
Cutting right through the fact or argument to attack the person's appearance negatively is probably something you'd cry oppression over if it happened to you or people like you.
>>
>>64154268

Also, everyone evil is british.

Even the fucking First Order Spies speaking in an alien language, spoke with a British accent.
>>
>>64154299
Star trek into darkness had a 92%. And The Phantom Menace was getting a 8/10 and an 87% rating by all top critics.
>>
>>64153141

>THE WHITEST FUCKING ROOM THERE EVER WAS
>>
>>64154329
Who's the bottom?
>>
>>64154299
I love this argument. It says nothing about the movie itself. It's an argument that boils down to "You should like it because other people like it".
>>
>>64154388

Kylo
>>
>>64154268
That's the way it was in the OT.
>>
Somehow nobody mentions that Jar Jar is a nigga cartoon, that Maz is also, that the grey alien is a Chinese caricature, that the flying slavemaster is a Jew, etc.

Lucas has the most racist shit ever and I like him for that.
>>
So how shit is Episode 2 going to be without Harrison Ford to distract you from how charisma free Rey is and how inexplicably wooden Leia was?
>>
>>64153227

Literally not a single non-human in the empire. They're everywhere else.
>>
>>64154464
Carrie just needs some coke.
>>
>>64154356
As a Brit it always shocks and appals me that we are portrayed as evil and cold in Hollywood films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX2JJ4MKAo
>>
>>64153257

>Finna takes Kylo to the snow deserts of Hoth
>disrobes Kylo
>forces him to suck on his big black dingus
>until he dies of cold
>>
>>64154447
>Somehow nobody mentions that Jar Jar is a nigga cartoon, that Maz is also, that the grey alien is a Chinese caricature, that the flying slavemaster is a Jew, etc.

Are you 12, or retarded. There was all kinds of people after the phantom menace that make a big deal about that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 267x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 267x336
You have to be a serious autistic loser to care about race or gender.
>>
>>64153345

Do you know how simple it is to design armor for another type of body when you've designed entire death stars?
>>
>>64154253
see
>>64152594
>>
File: 1449929952195.png (559 KB, 1338x594) Image search: [Google]
1449929952195.png
559 KB, 1338x594
>>64153480

This. It explains why Dindu gets a kissy on the forehead and a friendzone.

He'll never get anything else.

They even put him in a coma so they can say he died in the next movie, in case the Asian market reacts badly to his being a fucking nigger.
>>
>never flown before
>does perfect flying maneuvers through insanely tight terrain

>never used the force before
>can out force someone who slaughtered an entire school of jedi

>never used a blaster before
>can still pick off stormtroopers with a crappy pistol better than trained soldiers

>never used a light saber before
>wins against someone who has had huge amounts of training

>able to get through an entire base without even raising an alarm.

People say "but Luke...". But Luke was shown as not really being competent with a saber until episode 3, was shown to be a skilled pilot even before the death star run (and had ghost jedi and Han help him out) and his force usage is minimal for the whole trilogy.

Then there's the fact we didn't really need another fucking planet destroying super weapons.

The film would have been better if it was just a fleet HQ for the first order.
>>
File: 1449937245313.jpg (70 KB, 540x414) Image search: [Google]
1449937245313.jpg
70 KB, 540x414
>>64154030

Are you seriously going to tell me that a nigga saying "Droid please" does not echo another nigga saying "bitch please" or "nigga please"? Are you?

Because you seem to be. Please make me laugh by pretending to be this blind.
>>
>>64154505
Because here in the colonies we don't remember british influence very fondly.

Some things we assume can't possibly affect our cultural outlook today didn't happen that long ago. A few generations isn't enough to shake out something that had ingrained itself so deeply.
>>
>>64154562
Sheev was big on symbolic displays of power, as well as physical. All the storm troopers being roughly the same size and build, wearing the same armor, looking like they're shat out of a mold is meant to be intimidating. When you're facing a human wave of them, it doesn't matter how many you shoot and kill, because two more take his place.
>>
>>64154174

I did, you absolute fucking moron. I showed you they made the nigga speak like a nigga in space. Try telling me that isn't based on his race.
>>
File: bh.jpg (175 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bh.jpg
175 KB, 1024x768
>>64154482
>"Empire being racist towards aliens is one of the main reasons why Rebellion started. The Rebels fought for the rights of aliens and minorities"
>prove it
>"Literally not a single non-human in the empire. They're everywhere else."
Seriously?
Do you not see how retarded you are?
You're just making shit up and using irrelevant (and incorrect) things to back up the things you're plainly making up.

How exactly is the ostensible lack of "aliens" in the Empire the reason the Empire was started, and how does this mean the Rebels "fought for the rights of aliens and minorities"?
>>
>>64154439

I don't recall a single alien or non-white in the Empire.
>>
>>64154527
>Are you 12, or retarded. There was all kinds of people after the phantom menace that make a big deal about that shit.

I must be too "young" to concern myself with the whining and crying of leftist journos.
>>
>>64154778
It was part of the EU, the Empire was ver human supremacist. They tolerated some more humaniform species, but kind of shit on the non human population of the empire.

It wasn't the "reason" the rebellion started, but the rebellion was able to draw a lot of power from disaffected alien population.
>>
File: 1447531326385-2.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447531326385-2.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
>>64154555

That's what you are supposed to believe.

If a group of people was to be eliminated, you'd be the kind of guy who pretends he doesn't see it happening.

"No, it doesn't matter."

It'll matter when it's too late.
>>
File: Samurai.jpg (7 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.jpg
7 KB, 194x259
>>64151311

Imperials in the OT were clearly based on IMperial Japan. look at fucking Vaders helmet for fucksake its basically a samurai helmet. Officers even have similar hats to Imperial Japanese officers
>>
>>64154498

Not sure the blame could be put on Carrie.

She didn't really seem to have much to do in the film, her lines were terrible.

Possibly they thought she wouldn't lose weight in time and made her part in the film optional/last minute?
>>
File: 1365351248962.jpg (115 KB, 591x530) Image search: [Google]
1365351248962.jpg
115 KB, 591x530
>>64154873
>EU

NOT CANON
>>
File: 1450551937268.jpg (82 KB, 868x888) Image search: [Google]
1450551937268.jpg
82 KB, 868x888
>>64154873
>It was part of the EU
>>
File: 1450949514484.jpg (215 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1450949514484.jpg
215 KB, 1000x981
>>64154691
>>
>>64154778
>Do you not see how retarded you are?

I literally don't. Can't say the same about you, though.

All these aliens are mercenaries and don't belong to the Empire; if they did, they'd be soldiers and they'd wear a uniform or an armor. You should know this, dumbfuck. Literally everyone else is a white human, as I said.
>>
>>64154841
Are you old enough to know what moving goalposts are?
>>
protip both sides were human until return of jedi.
>>
>>64154897
Thats also because of lucas' drawing inspiration from samurai films. You can see that influence as well in force awakens, specifically the lightsaber fight in the snow.
>>
>>64154876

If all you to be proud about yourself is skin color, something you have zero control over, then you have some deep issues.

Literally no one gives a shit about race unless you're a complete fuckup.
>>
Luke: Aang

Rey: Korra

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64154964

Yes, and nobody was moving shit, faggot.

You:
>There are aliens in the Empire
>shows me a pic of fucking alien mercenaries hired by the Empire, who don't belong to the Empire

>me
>there are no aliens in the Empire
>>
>>64154945
What the fuck who the fuck shouted "thats mary sue" so loud it caused everyone to forget what Mary Sue means?
>>
File: 1450276119747.jpg (40 KB, 634x380) Image search: [Google]
1450276119747.jpg
40 KB, 634x380
>>64155007
>If all you to be proud about yourself is skin color

Race isn't about skin. You'll find shades of every colour in virtually all races. I know Asians who are darker than my darkest nigger.

You don't understand pride, either. It's not about feeling superior, it's about knowing who your family is. I'm not proud of everyone in my family, but I'll stand by them. Having pride in your nation doesn't mean you agree with everything it did, but simply that you'll stand for it because it'll stand for you (in which your nation is the people).

Most people care for race, especially when it comes marriage and children, or even basic relationship. it's evolution: don't waste your genes.
>>
File: sjwsruiningstarwars.jpg (25 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
sjwsruiningstarwars.jpg
25 KB, 480x270
>>64152825

>dramatically transformed

Are you Bizzaro Mellisa Harris Perry?

In the original trilogy a confederation of Aliens, politcally lead by a woman, militarily lead by a fucking squid takes down an all White, all Male fascist slave society outfitted by Hugo Boss. One of the female leader's character arc involves her overcoming her disgust of non humans. The command ship leading the fighter attack on the Second Death Star is piloted by a Black man and an Alien who can't even been bothered to speak English.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>64151263
I miss grievous
>mfw lucas made him a getiatric bitch in rots
>>
>>64152307

The latino was white too. I'm not sure what more you could ask for.
>>
>>64155082
/pol/ needs to stop coming by here so much. We're gonna get tired of talking about star race wars at some point.
>>
>>64155154
>The latino was white too.
>Latino
>white

what?
>>
>>64155154

>mixed Aztec is now white

OK. I consider him white too, but chillax, nigga.
>>
>>64155150
What the hell is he anyway?
>>
>>64155023
Nigger you said
>No one ever mentioned how racist george was XD and i love it
>Points out that plenty of people talked about it
>WELL THOSE PEOPLE DON'T COUNT BECAUSE IM 12
That's literally moving the goalposts you edgy entitled teenage twat.
>>
>>64153771
no, its objectively bad and unoriginal.
>>
File: 1449925409878s.jpg (12 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1449925409878s.jpg
12 KB, 250x242
>>64155184
>/pol/ needs to stop coming by here so much.

Why, because you can't hold on to your bubble if some poltard speaks to you? How do you even know that he's from /pol/ at all? Are you a child? Do you want to run away like a pussy?
>>
>>64155044

She's pretty much a Mary Sue though.

She has no real negative traits, she becomes a powerful jedii and the fucking pilot of the millenium falcon. She's a self insert character who literally never does anything wrong.
>>
>>64155007

>Literally no one gives a shit about race unless you're a complete fuckup.

So that means that J.J. Abrams is a fuckup, thanks for sharing
>>
>>64155210
A leader of some separatist army that got wrecked. Kind of like robocop. He's still got an organic brain, and a few organs, but mostly cybernetic replacements.
>>
>>64155129
piloted by a beaner and a nigger, who is liberal and who is conservative in this scenario.
>>
>>64150470
>Old experienced military general with a no remorse soldier
>Boy band general with a linkin park soldier
>>
>>64155215

Dude, I just told you that I wasn't aware of it because I don't give a fuck what leftists whine about anymore. That has nothing to do with the previous point, on which you know you were wrong, so you chose a new topic.
>>
>>64155279
>she becomes a powerful jedii
Eh, she does some basic force tricks she's not exactly Mace Dindu
>>
>>64155184
you're like that tranny charlie andrews,

>stop saying things that hurt my feelings.
>>
File: 1370320139462.jpg (12 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
1370320139462.jpg
12 KB, 203x200
>>64155221
>How do you even know that he's from /pol/ at all?
>>
>>64155306

>Mace

Maced.
>>
>>64153771
Yes. Its a 'remake' of A New Hope with modern effects and pacing. Engaging dialogue and characters. And the right nods and references to prove they understand what makes the franchise so endearing and seem to want to do right by it.
>>
File: 1407779950341.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1407779950341.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>>64155341

You think /pol/-like opinions are restricted to /pol/ and the Internet?
>>
>>64155366
Obviously not because you tards keep coming here. I think we should build a wall to keep you guys out
>>
more importantly, how come all the bad guys are white dudes?
>>
>>64155296
>I don't give a fuck what leftists whine about anymore.
>anymore
It was 16 years ago you underage b& goofball.
>>
>>64155306
and yet she uses abilities only TIMELY TRAINED knights and masters has used. She's able to pull a saber to herself with ease while Luke took almost three minutes. She takes on, and defeats, a practising Dark Lord who used TWO OF THE MOST OP ATTACKS EVER, interrogative telepathy and force freeze.
>>
File: 1450918246974.jpg (59 KB, 557x336) Image search: [Google]
1450918246974.jpg
59 KB, 557x336
>>64155384
>Obviously not because you tards keep coming here. I think we should build a wall to keep you guys out

If we did this, you'd die out within a generation. Civilisations aren't built on feefees, faggot.
>>
>>64155384
Do you support building a wall against Redditors and SJWs aswell?
>>
>>64155306

She's not far off of Ep VI Luke. Certainly better with the saber
>>
>>64155354
10/10, you have earned your fanboy badge
>>
>>64155221
>>64155326
Im not saying he's wrong.He's not. I'm just saying we're going to get tired of talking about it all the time.
>>
File: 1414805421277.jpg (197 KB, 800x1004) Image search: [Google]
1414805421277.jpg
197 KB, 800x1004
>>64155405
>It was 16 years ago you underage b& goofball.

Yes, and? How long ago do you think my "anymore" began? Way more than 16 years, that's what I can tell you, pansy.

Not everyone is a tweeny faggot like you, poor moron.
>>
>>64155397
You know only white people would be offended if the empire was a gang of evil ass niggas. Black people would love that shit. I know I would.
>>
>>64155384
>because you tards kee coming here

were were always here. i for one merely lurked until I decided enough was enough then I responded to the unbelievable amount of bullshit.
>>
>>64155424
>Left wing: Son of AIDSmoby
>Right wing: Chad Thundercock
This is why I welcome our robot overlords
>>
>>64155422
She was trained before, probably for longer than Luke has(though at a much younger age)
Kylo was seriously injured and was trying not to hurt her.
>>
>>64155424
>that pic
and not a whole brain between the two.
>>
>>64155462
you're tired perhaps. but a truly passionate debater only rises when the fire's hot.
>>
File: 1350244694310.jpg (70 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1350244694310.jpg
70 KB, 480x480
>>64155424
>Civilisations aren't built on feefees,
>Cries on a Chinese origami board about anyone that isn't white

>>64155473
Stay in school, kiddo
>>
File: 1413731450668.jpg (12 KB, 276x172) Image search: [Google]
1413731450668.jpg
12 KB, 276x172
>>64155471

That's because leftist white scum doesn't understand pride in anything, they only see attacks everywhere and having no self-love, they don't understand when another race loves itself, no matter how. The concept is alien to them. They can only love those non-whites they see as children or retards needing their noble help.
>>
>>64152943
You have severe autism, I'd suggest you go check that out
>>
>>64155465
>all that hostile projection
Did you get anything nice for christmas?
>>
Finn was actually pretty good
The only issue was with how quick he decided to murder an entire hanger full of the people he was raised/worked/was friends with, which is mostly a writing issue
>>
>>64150677
the empire was wiped out, theres a reason the New Order are all young descendent of them. the only old person in the Order being Anakins corpse controlled by the Dark Side, Snoke.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.