[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twin Peaks thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: coop thumbs up.jpg (145 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
coop thumbs up.jpg
145 KB, 500x374
I got The Entire Mystery boxset for Christmas so I started watching again

>mfw getting comfy with Coop

Twin Peaks thread
>>
File: coops coffee.gif (492 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
coops coffee.gif
492 KB, 480x270
bump
>>
is the nortwest passage or w/e worth watching ?
>>
>>64150596
What's that?
>>
>>64150643
it's a fan edit of Twin Peaks, it removes much of the season 2 shitty filler, but I don't know anything else, which is why i'm asking
>>
>>64150805

i cant speak much for northwest passage, but the fire walk with me/missing pieces fan edit is awesome
>>
>>64150847
Yes it is. It's what FWWM should have been.
>>
Fuck i feel bad for annie
>ywn hit it off with a qt waitress
>>
File: twin peaks coffee.jpg (92 KB, 585x600) Image search: [Google]
twin peaks coffee.jpg
92 KB, 585x600
>>64150358

Does anyone think the rankings will change significantly with season 3?
>>
What do you think, is there any chance that the new season will disappoint you? If yes, then why?
>>
I really need to re-watch the first season.
>>
>>64152776
I don't think it'll disappoint me if he doesn't, but I'd really like to see DL go full Inland Empire mode with it.
>>
>>64150358
Comfiest show of all time tbqh.
>>
>>64152776
Anything is gonna be fine, but I'm afraid it will be just simple -look we are older now- fan service. I want proper plot, mystery and new characters that are as likeable as the old ones.

Waiting this long and getting just sad class reunion without any depth would be huge waste.

I'm also afraid they won't be able to recapture the, for lack of a better term, comfy atmosphere.

I think the fact it was shot in early 90s plays a significant role in that regard. Maybe the Twin Peaks should've been left alone as it was and Lynch and Frost could do a new series.
>>
I saw Twin Peaks S1 a few months back, and I want to be comfy and watch S2 but I've forgotten everything that's happened.

Also
>Tfw watching Twin Peaks for the first time.
>>
>>64153508
I don't think you really understand Lynch if you are expecting a fan service class reunion. And if you think he won't be able to capture the atmosphere that was straight out of his psyche.
>>
>>64154007
>atmosphere that was straight out of his psyche
yeah, quarter of century ago

he hasn't made a movie in 10 years and good one in 15 years so pardon me for being a little skeptical
>>
>>64154262
Be skeptical all you want, if you actually realized what Lynch was about you would never expect fan service from him.
>>
>>64152776
I think it will be more like FWWM, in fact I'm almost certain. But hey, that's good also.
>>
>>64152279
I hope Bobby keeps the briggs in the top ten
>>
>>64152239
thats awesome art. any 1080 twin peaks art for my phone you can share. portrait
>>
>>64154448
I think Bobby finally living up to the Briggs legacy might be what I'm most looking forward to.
>>
>>64154262
Inland Empire was actual one of his best movies.
>>
>>64150358
what are the extras on there? I already saw the fwwm deleted scenes.
>>
File: total babe.jpg (68 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
total babe.jpg
68 KB, 600x316
>>
>>64156177
there's so much dope shit on the missing pieces bluray. worth buying tbqh
>>
I'm cautiously excited for the new season. I'm just having a hard time imagining the timeless aesthetic surviving. Twin Peaks wouldn't be as comfy if everybody had smartphones. I liked that everyone was inexplicably into 1950's beatnik culture in the first two season. I can't even imagine what the new season will be like. So much has changed.
>>
>>64157164
if the new Double R Diner set is any indication, there's no 50s nostalgia whatsoever. My guess the atmosphere will be like Top of the Lake or The Killing or something.
>>
>>64154262
>Inland Empire isn't good
>implying

I was going to say that there's no reason to doubt Lynch considering his track record, but if you hold that opinion there's nothing I can do for you.
>>
>inb4 Lynch makes an absolutely incredible season of television and a great follow up to the original run but is hated on by plebbit and /tv/ babbies for being too different and not "comfy" enough
>>
>>64157260

This saddens me. Hopefully the characters will still embody that feeling. The atmosphere of the show was crucial to its quality.
>>
>>64157260
David Lynch without any hint of 50s nostalgia? Hard to imagine. All of his movies, except his book adaptions, have had it to some degree.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.