[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are your favourite film critics /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1450650676861.png (15 KB, 278x172) Image search: [Google]
1450650676861.png
15 KB, 278x172
Who are your favourite film critics /tv/?
>>
File: richb.jpg (43 KB, 557x221) Image search: [Google]
richb.jpg
43 KB, 557x221
>>
>>64148658
not red letter media
>>
>>64148658
>there is slavshit browsing my board

This is genuinely disgusting
>>
>>64148658
>rlm
>film critics

They're failed film makers whose big claim to fame was making a Youtube video where they pretended to kill prostitutes, fuck and eat their cat, and lob empty insults at the prequels.
>>
>go into great detail about how Mary Sue-ish Anakin is in Ep1
>glaze over every single scene Rey is in, in Ep7

Hack frauds
>>
If you're an RLMshill like OP you should KILL YOURSELF
>>
YMS is guess.
>>
Jay Sherman and I'm serious.
>>
>>64148658
B A S E D JEREMY JAHNS
reddit can go back to reddit and fuck off
>>
Jesus christ this board is garbage. Is it possible to have a single thread without mentioning le rebbit meme?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsFBbS39_z0
>>
David and Margret
>>
>>64148783
Hi tumblr!
>>
File: 1431812418157.jpg (15 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
1431812418157.jpg
15 KB, 320x256
>>64148658
>Critics
>I can't form my own opinion
>>
>>64148783
Wait until a few weeks pass and they stop coming here to whine about Star Wars. It will still be a shit board but not literal redditposting level shit.
>>
>>64148857

says the insignificant tentacle of the /tv/ hivemind
>>
Ebert is the GOAT

Kermode I don't agree with a lot but enjoy hearing him articulate his thoughts

On YouTube I like Darren (Must See Films) and Lewis (Channel Criswell), although they're more analysis than criticism.
>>
I miss Mr. Cranky, his review of I Am Sam still makes me smile with nostalgia
>>
>>64148752
okay
>>
Rob Ager
>>
>>64148889
Ebert sucked. He hated a lot of good movies and then loved a lot of shitty ones simply because he was a sucker for stupid sentimentality. The best was when Siskel (who isn't that great either) would call him out on his horseshit.

If Ebert were alive today, he'd be sucking capeshit dick. He'd have said Star Wars 7 was good. Ebert wasn't a good critic.
>>
>>64149299
What you're saying is "his opinions are wrong". I don't disagree with you to an extent, but I feel that his retrospective analyses are where he shines. His reappraisal of Apocalypse Now is incredible.

A critics opinion is only worth the weight you give it. You can't say a critic is bad because you disagree with them, otherwise, what's the point.
>>
>>64148658
/tv/

unless you're a newfriend fresh of reddit you can tell quite a lot about the movie by the stuff posted here

honesty makes a good review and anonymity is essential for honesty

who would bother recommending/talking about a movie here when the thread will disappear in the ocean of shitposting and memes in matter of minutes unless he REALLY enjoyed it

sure the ratio between the total garbage and useful information is insane but it's easy to filter through it if you've been here for a while
>>
>>64149447
>you can tell quite a lot about the movie by the stuff posted here

Hello reddit
>>
>>64149466
I'm sorry but this isn't TFA thread, you probably just missclicked
>>
File: photo.png (490 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
490 KB, 900x900
>>64149285
My nigger
>>
Pauline Kael.
>>
>>64149285
Conspiracy lunatic but seriously good Kubrick analyses.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.