[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck did the blue lightsaber end up in episode VII?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: vCBvJ3X.png (568 KB, 629x900) Image search: [Google]
vCBvJ3X.png
568 KB, 629x900
how the fuck did the blue lightsaber end up in episode VII?

it was lost at cloud city in V when Vader cut Lukes arm off and Luke built the green one for episode VI.

the saber in VII should've been green or they atleast should've mentioned it belonged to Vader instead of Luke.
>>
"it's a long story"
>>
The force
>>
>>64148017
A tale for another time.
>>
IT FELL TO BESPIN
SOMEONE PICKED IT UP
HOW FUCKING HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND
>>
that entire chapter with the orange cgi gramma was the shittiest part of the movie anyway.
>>
Even if it didn't get caught by Bespin's vents, Bespin doesn't float over nothing. What's under Bespin? What planet is it?

Really not hard to find it. It's a rare artifact, I doubt that Lando would just let it go.
>>
>>64148100
>IT FELL TO BESPIN
it fell to a gas giant with no surface he says

lel
>>
>>64148201
NON CANON
>>
>>64148180
who the hell knew where the hand fell except Vader and Luke?
>>
>>64148214
It's stated as such in ESB.
>>
>>64148017
>that image
what can we do against such reckless faggotry?
>>
>>64148224
>implying there aren't droids fit to retrieve things from gas giants
>>
>>64148293
I'm not denying that it's possible, man. I'm just refuting the idea that some dude just 'picked it up'.

It'll take a little more effort than that.
>>
REEEEE STOP QUESTION J.J REEEEEE TFA IS PERFECT REI IS NOT A MARY SUE THERES NO PLOT HOLES AND DEFINITELY NO NOSTALGIA PANDERING REEEEEEE JUST WAIT FOR THE COMIC/TV SPIN OFF/OFFICIAL VIDEO GAME/CARTOON/NOVEL/SEQUEL IF YOU WANT ANSWERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64148316
>It'll take a little more effort than that.
Nah, impossible high temperature and pressure mean nothing for workers in SW.
>>
How do we know Luke's lightsaber fell out one of those chutes Luke fell out of?

Maybe it just fell into something else and stayed in Cloud City till someone found it.
>>
They'll obviously explain it. Wouldn't surprise me if the first scene in Episode 8 shows how the lightsaber got to the orange lady, then it cuts to Rey and Luke.
>>
>>64148180
>Bespin doesn't float over nothing. What's under Bespin? What planet is it?
It's a gas giant, there's just increasing air pressure under cloud city.

If it fell out of the city, it would fall until pressure is high enough for it to float, which would likely also break it
>>
>>64148388
JJ already explained it in an interview
the lightsaber fell on maz's head
>>
>>64148017
I burst out laughing when Maz told us that Abrams was passing the buck to Johnson.
They've got no fucking idea how she got it, but they've bought themselves another year to work it out.
>>
>>64148201

Never heard of that, personally. But if so, that saber must be doing ups and downs, passing by the center of gravity of Bespin. Given enough time, it should be at its exact center, with everything else that the Bespinese throw overboard.

>there be my saber, amidst condoms filled with nigger cum
>>
It got lost in the vents, you kissless, loser omega fagets!

How hard is that to understand. Once, JUST FOR ONCE suspend your disbelief. Shouldnt be THAT hard, considering you clowns have to deal with your virginity every day.
>>
Clearly someone picked it up in Cloud City.

Luke probably still has his green lightsaber on him

They said it belonged to Luke and his father before him in VII, pay attention retard
>>
>>64148454
>condom
>nigger
Pick one
>>
>>64148467
Now this is ironic memeing.
>>
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO LAUGH AT OUR STUPID JOKES

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
Lol who cares the movie works amazing in motion. Probably the best thing i've watched the last few years.
>>
>>64148017
I think Kylo knew very well that it was Vaders lightsaber.

That's why he wanted it so badly.
>>
>>64148017
>the saber in VII should've been green

Then Kylo Ren wouldn't want it though.
>>
>>64148017
They're going with lightsabers/force having some sort of will, like the ring in Lord of the Rings, which also should have been long lost.
>>
>>64148100
>The lightsaber, still clutched by Luke Skywalker's hand, had become lodged in one of Cloud City's lower air shafts and eventually was recovered by a maintenance drone. The drone deposited the hand and the lightsaber in Smelting Core D. There, it was discovered by Groggin, the Smelting Core's supervisor.
>>
File: Ugnaughts_btm.jpg (27 KB, 544x419) Image search: [Google]
Ugnaughts_btm.jpg
27 KB, 544x419
One of these guys picked it up and it eventually found its way to Maz Kanta.
>>
>>64148017
Opening shot of episode 8:
Luke with green saber and Ray with blue are fighting, then Kylo shows up, rekts them both and morphs into Luke, saying 'now i am skywolker'.
>>
she LITERALLY says "thats a good question, for another time" and we all know there's going to be two more movies

but obviously someone scavenged it from cloud city
>>
>>64148686
The will of The Force, yes. Will of lightsabers, no.
They're just making The Force ambiguous again, the way it should be.

Put the midiclorianfags on suicide watch.
>>
>>64148730

Dialogue should've been:
>Do you know what an Ugnaught is?
>...no...
>Then it doesn't matter.
>>
>>64148707

THERE

/THREAD

NOW STOP DISCUSSING THIS SHIT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

EVEN THE FUCKING EU MADE UP A REASONABLE STORY
EVEN THE FUCKING MOVIE SAYS THERE IS A STORY

FUCK YOU
>>
you would think Kylo would have prefered vaders saber over Anakin/Lukes
>>
>>64148201
It never fell out of cloud city. It sat on a shaft before a droid found it.
>>
>>64148773

Yeah, the force can be drawn to metals, I guess, same way it was drawn to the cave on Dagobah. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>64148773
>Now it [the lightsabre] is calling to you.
It might be the force but it manifests itself through the sabre.
>>
>>64148648
DELETE THIS
>>
lightsabers are made from relatively simple and ubiquitous parts and materials, except for one. The most important. Kyber Crystals.

Kyber crystals have several unique properties. One of which is that they are one of the few, if only, force attuned materials in the entire universe. Each one is different. When a Jedi or Syth creates a light saber, they don't just choose any random crystal, the force guides them to the one that resonates with them. The Jedi then constructs their lightsaber, using the force itself to form bonds that go as deep as the atomic level.

Light sabers are not simple weapons like blasters. The are forever tied the force and their creator. So how did she end up with it? Well, the force brought them together. It came to Maz just as it did to rey, just as it did to Obi Wan, just as it did to luke, and likely as it will continue to do long after Rey inevitably looses it and has to make her own.
>>
It's quite simple: the original lightsaber effect was created by cutting out overexposed negatives with an X-acto knife then printing the result over an undeveloped negative copied from the original. An unfocused colored light is shone through the hole which is bright enough to wash out the actual saber to white but create a colored halo. This is an immensely time consuming process and, once you're balls deep in optical printer outputs, is so costly to fix that the director has to choose whether to ask the studio for more money or just ignore the small number of autists who complain.
>>
>>64148799

Vader's saber got blow'd up when the death star 2 got blew up.
>>
>>64148919
>Kyber crystals have several unique properties. One of which is that they are one of the few, if only, force attuned materials in the entire universe. Each one is different. When a Jedi or Syth creates a light saber, they don't just choose any random crystal, the force guides them to the one that resonates with them. The Jedi then constructs their lightsaber, using the force itself to form bonds that go as deep as the atomic level.

fuuuuuuuck this EU shit, goddamn
>>
>>64149009
It was on Vader when he got burnt, but his lightsaber was made of metal so it didn't burn.
>>
>>64148789
That works pretty well actually. Still sounds mysterious and star wars nerds would understand what it means.
>>
>>64149044

What? No. Luke cut Vader's hand off while Vader was up against the railing, both the hand and the saber fell down the shaft that Vader later threw Sheev down.
>>
>>64148919

>no such thing as free will in star wars

This is what killed the suspense for me
>>
>>64149064
It was on a string.
>>
>>64149064
No dude, the lightsaber fell into space right into endor on a lake. Some Ewoks recovered it and gave it to snoke.
>>
>>64149078

No it was not.
>>
>>64149098

If this is some EU bullshit...
>>
>>64148017

Did you not hear the Orange lady say that its a story for another time?
>>
>>64149117
After the battle of Endor some rebels stayed behind and gave the Ewok technology. A goverment started to form including a First Order sympathizers. One of the First order ewok sympathizers recovered Vaders's lightsaber and gave it to Snoke.
>>
File: Lightsaber Strap.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lightsaber Strap.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
>>64149102
How's it feel to be wrong?
>>
>>64149172

Didn't see this in the films, therefore it did not happen.
>>
>>64148017
I'm not going to dignify you with an answer
But I will ask everyone in this thread how the fuck did Anakin's lightsaber go from being cyan in the originals, to blue?
>>
>>64149233

lmao upboated!
>>
>>64149237
Does that mean no one in the Star Wars universe pisses or shits either?
>>
>>64149237
It's part of the canon EU, anon. It happened wether you like it or not.
>>
>>64149233
All I can see is that stupid nigger from VII throwing his lightsaber and cutting a TV in half
>>
>>64149262

You haven't seen leiapissesandshitsonhanschestfullmovieaxxotorrent.exe?

Oh man.
>>
>>64149340
Lucas only produced and wrote that, he wasn't directing. Non canon.
>>
>>64149340
guess i gotta fire up limewire
>>
Based Groggin
>>
>falls into one of those shoots like luke did
>cleaning staff find it
>throw it out thinking it's junk
>maz meets junker at her cantina
>buys it
>stores it in her basement
>>
>>64149260
>making a joke is reddit

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>64148077
>>64148048
FUCKING

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
>>
File: 655700.jpg (23 KB, 337x367) Image search: [Google]
655700.jpg
23 KB, 337x367
>>64149340
>aXXo
>>
>>64149078
Best meme post 2015
>>
>>64148454
That's not how gas giants work you imbecile.
>>
File: Lando_smoothie.jpg (81 KB, 600x708) Image search: [Google]
Lando_smoothie.jpg
81 KB, 600x708
>mfw they use this as a Bespin tie in and Billy Dee is in Episode VIII
>>
File: Gas_Giant_Interiors.jpg (902 KB, 3000x1788) Image search: [Google]
Gas_Giant_Interiors.jpg
902 KB, 3000x1788
>>64148201
>no surface
>>
File: 1451201148949.jpg (234 KB, 1183x1090) Image search: [Google]
1451201148949.jpg
234 KB, 1183x1090
>>
Snoke was clearly there and force grabbed it. Then sold it on Maz for the sole purpose of kickstarting another galactic war.
>>
>>64150175
>what is atmospheric pressure

Something you never heard of, you stupid mongoloid fuck, that's what it is.
>>
>>64148919

Wrong. I got this when I was 10:

>blasters shoot lasers
>pistols shoot metal

>sabers use laser as substance
>swords use metal as substance

That's all. I'm fine with crystals, but any kind of mystique around it is retarded.
>>
>>64150202
THANK YOU LENS FLARE MAN
>>
>>64148017
Some janitor picked it up in the structure in EU.
>>
>>64150091

Sorry, sir, will you please educate me about gas giants?
>>
The story will be in the new Disney (tm) novel by James Luceno, titled The Tale of Luke's Saber. Don't forget to preorder your copy now
>>
>>64148223
Maintenance droids? Its not that farfetched
>>
>>64148017
as usual you only stick to movies and know shit from games faggot

play kotor
>>
>>64150098
I certainly hope so. I hear rumors that there's definitely room for him in the sequels.
>>
>>64150781
NOT CANON FAGGOT
>>
Does it matter? No.

>It's the force nigga I ain't gotta explain shit
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.