[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any doubt that this is the greatest trilogy ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: untitled.jpg (75 KB, 556x628) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
75 KB, 556x628
Is there any doubt that this is the greatest trilogy ever?
>>
>the greatest trilogy ever?
That's LotR you dip
>>
>>64145693
You already made this thread yesterday and no, your shitty manchildren's cartoons aren't a "great" trilogy.
>>
File: 1447040713178.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
1447040713178.png
36 KB, 268x237
Sorry, but I'm not going to be watching some children's cartoon to prove your point.
>>
>>64145693
>Trilogy
Anon I... There's gonna be a 4th one.
>>
>>64145693
"Film" critics feel obliged to give good scores to children movies.
It's like saying your 6 year old's house drawing is great. You wouldn't call it shit and call out the lack of shadows and depth and proper coloring.
>>
>>64145693

Don't know. I haven't seen it.
>>
Theres no doubt but you sort of have to give it a good rating.
>>
3 was unnecessary
>>
Watch the 4th one get a 73% rating.
>>
Don't worry Pixar already fucked up by making a 4th one
>>
>>64145693
>2 is the best
>3 isn't as good as previous two
Happens almost everytime with trilogies.

>Spider-Man trilogy by Raimi
>MGS series by Kojima
>Star Wars OT
>>
>>64145693
Buzz actually flying at the end trivialized the entire journey that he and Woody went through. It was stupid and terrible.
>>
1. The Apu Trilogy
2. Three Colours trilogy
3. Vengeance trilogy
4. Toy Story trilogy
>>
That's not Back to the Future.
>>
>>64145693

3 wasn't as great as people make it out to be but I still think that there are better trilogies out there. lord of the ring had a pretty great atmosphere to it

toy story nevertheless is great
>>
>>64145983
he was falling with style you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>64145986

>vengeance

You had me until this pleb shit.
>>
>>64146066
I realize you're referencing a line from the movie

but they literally fly which makes no fucking sense in the context of the movie

https://youtu.be/VIJ3dcwmDn8
>>
>>64145693

>Toy Story
>Get's upvoted by nostolgia fags and children
>Once you babbies and autists grow up/die the flick will rest at its actual 5/10 rating

Whatever retards, no one cares that you can spam ratings shit sites.
>>
>>64145693
>greatest trilogy
Yeah, that title belongs to Toy Story. Great films overall. The quality never dips. You never feel like they made the sequels just to cash in on the success. They're very comfortable, easy films to watch and enjoy. The final one also wraps things up nicely, although all the films stand on their own.

So of course, they'll fuck it up with a fourth one.
>>
Movie should have ended where they all were going into that pit. Perfect realistic end for toys.

That ending with the girl was just a way to cashgrab the franchise in the future. Which they did.
>>
Why do we circle jerk to rotten tomatoes like cavemen worshiping a meteorite
>>
>>64146124
>They're very comfortable
>easy to watch

what a fucking pleb. there are certainly more than a few trilogies greater than toy story. just because you have a sense of nostalgia when watching them doesn't mean they are the finest trilogy film has to offer.
>>
>>64145693
That's not the Naked Gun trilogy.
>>
>>64145743
>Says this while posting an anime image
>>
>>64145743
>Seriously projecting this hard
Go back to reddit Mr. Libcuck
>>
File: bh6.png (115 KB, 741x331) Image search: [Google]
bh6.png
115 KB, 741x331
to be fair rotten tomatoes is kinda inflated when it comes to children's movies in general

i think people in general don't really know how to criticize a kid's movie
>>
>>64145693
Koker trilogy
Silence of God trilogy
Three Colors trilogy
every Angelopoulos trilogy

fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>64145983
buzz is clearly a representation of icarus as he believes he is a real human being, which is equatable to god in the toy story universe and he is also arrogant, just as icarus tried to fly to the sun, and him falling down is a parallel to icarus getting his wings melted off
>>
File: frozen.png (188 KB, 736x318) Image search: [Google]
frozen.png
188 KB, 736x318
>>64146827
They simply love Disney shit.
>>
>>64146827
they are either awful or great. There is no mediocre children film
>>
How are they childrens movies if they're packed full of references and jokes pertaining to toys that existed in the 70's and 80's?

Children of the 00's and 10's simply wouldn't understand the joke.

I appreciate the Toy Story movies for their ability to keep children and adults interested comically and emotionally. Nostalgia is a powerful tool in both regards and Pixar plays off it perfectly in these movies.
>>
>>64145964
Spyro arguably.
>>
>>64146888
Everyone loves this garbage. I don't get it.
>>
>>64147085
You're pretty autistic if you think the main joke of Toy Story is that a Mr. Potato Head talked, and that knowing that toy beforehand is essential to appreciating the film
>>
File: download (4).jpg (168 KB, 740x885) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
168 KB, 740x885
It's this by far
>>
>>64147784
Before Sunrise is the best, this is a prime example of grade inflation
>>
>>64145859
I think Three was a brilliant and ingenious total rehash of the second film[spoiler/]!
>>
>>64147784
This. The only people who don't rate the Before trilogy as the best are autists who've never been through the things in the films so can't relate. The fact that the audience rates the third one so much worse than the other 2 says everything about what's wrong with relationships in America too, people like the first 2 where everything is perfect, but not the third where they go through the actual conflict of long term relationships more realistically than I've seen portrayed anywhere else. It's by far the strongest imo
>>
>>64145744
people call star wars a trilogy, despite there being fucking 9 of them.
>>
>>64147831
>people don't like to see negativity

Whoever would have guessed!
>>
>>64147784
I've never even heard of these movies.
>>
>>64147341
They love it because of "muh strong princuss"
>>
>>64147857
Except it wasn't negative, they ended the film closer than they ever were in the first 2. They just showed that arguments over the pettiest shit do happen and cause real issues.
>>
>>64147865
Give them a go, may not be your thing but they're about the most realistic portrayal of falling in love and then out of it and then back into it cinema has managed.
>>
>>64145964
Godfather
>>
>the greatest trilogy ever
>not The Lion King trilogy

Stay pleb
>>
>>64145693
there is a toy story 3?
>>
>>64147784
This, much as boyhood is an overrated cliche pile of trash these are very good. Guess it helps that it didn't focus on children and obnoxious children at that.
>>
>>64145693

RTsharknado80percentpositive.jpg
>>
>>64147341
Waifus and incests
>>
>>64147852
3^2 doesn't make it not a trilogy, it makes it the greatest trilogy of all
>>
>>64145693
Sorry, mate, I don't watch kid movies made by Disney.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 229x220
>>64145693
>99%
It's good, but it isn't perfect.
>>
>>64145693
>no diversity
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64148439

One of the bad reviews was cwcs brother
>>
Literally the only reason TS3 has such a high rating is because of faggot nostalgic reviewers. The fact that it actually got a Screenplay Oscar nom is a fucking embarrassment. Also, How to Train Your Dragon completely shits all over it.
>>
better question is if they will have a black toy in the 4th one
>>
>>64146888
>>64146827

That's just RT. There is very little wrong with those movies, even if they aren't great. They get positive but not rave reviews which gives them huge RT scores.
>>
>>64146884
So he and woody are metaphors? How come they still have a physical impact on the world around them?
>>
>>64146827
>people in general don't know how to criticise a kid's movie.

How come everyone shat on stuff like Grown Ups 2 then? Granted it deserved every bit of hate that it got, but not all films suited for children are immune from criticism.

Then again, I don't think Grown Ups 2 was suited for anybody.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.