[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA was not good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
It wasn't good and here are my personal criticisms

1) No Han & Luke reunion

2) Acting was terrible, like watching a fucking B actors on the sci-fi channel terrible.

3) It's episode fucking IV repackaged.

4) The CGI monsters Han was transporting looked ridiculous, poor CGI in some parts of the movie.

5) Character relationships felt wooded, and forced.

6) Character development was lacking

7) Because of points 5 & 6, this made Han's death extremely underwhelming, almost pointless. I can think of at least 1 other way Han could have died that would have been epic and amazing. I feel like the scene with his death has been done before, I can't put my finger on it, but I know i've seen something very similar to THAT scene.

8) Extremely fast paced.
>>
>>64145338
> I can think of at least 1 other way Han could have died that would have been epic and amazing.

elaborate
>>
>>64145518
Awhile back on /tv/, I was in a TFA thread where people were just having fun writing scenes. The topic came up, "what if we wrote out Han Solo's death scene? How would it go?"

So this guy wrote it. It was fucking awesome. I wish I would have screencap'd that shit because it was million times better than what the movie did.

Anyways, the scene had Han and Chewy in the their ship, the final battle had them losing, the ship was falling apart (shot to shit) Han and Chewy know there is no escaping this, so they make a decision to crash their ship into (whatever spot) Luke is screaming at Han (he was in an x-wing in this fan script) begging him to stop. Leia ends up saying over the com "I love you" and right before he crashes his ship he says "I know." Looks over at Chewy smiles. Chewy smiles back" and they kill themselves for the resistance and save everyone.
>>
File: 1449526645826.jpg (554 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1449526645826.jpg
554 KB, 1280x1707
WHO CARES WATCH SHEEV

http://www.hitbox.tv/Sheev66

EP3
>>
you're opinion is wrong
>>
>terrible acting
I"m convinced people don't know what good acting is. Or they have aspie level biases like being an aspie
>>
>>64145643
The scene in the movie was kinda shit but that just sounds like some full on fanfictional anal seepage.
>>
>>64145710
Call it what you want, Han's death scene was weak as fuck.

Also, keep in mind, I'm not doing the fan script justice, it was written better than I can convey here. So keep that in mind please.
>>
>>64145643
That sounds good, but maybe people still remember Independence Day and Prometheus (but it was shit in Prometheus). And the ending of Avengers, but that was shit, too.

Maybe it could still work.
>>
>>64145761
Americans love a selfless hero sacrifice, they eat that shit up.

Americans also love a good revenge story.
>>
>>64145338

welcome to the light side anon. spread the word of truth
>>
>>64146020
I know I'm not alone, but wtf is up with so many people defending this turd? I don't get it, are standards that low these days?
>>
>>64145338
I agree with the exception that not all of the characters felt wooden

Finn was decent, kylo was decent. Both had wooden moments though. Han was good but a bit cheesy, but that's the point I guess. Bb8 was the best actor desu

Everyone else was shit. Poes actor sounded more like he got shafted with shit writing
>>
"I didn't understand the film" - OP
>>
>>64145338
Eh, I liked it. After the clusterfuck that were the prequels, this felt like a genuine Star Wars movie for once.
>>
One of my large problems was Rey pretty much stealing all the character development from everyone else.

>Han Solo had to be a bumbling retard so Rey could fix his ship
>Kylo Ren had to be weaker in the last fight so Rey could win
>Finn had very little impact on the plot so Rey could do more (mounting a rescue mission on someone that can escape themselves was his big thing lel)

Honestly by the end of the movie I'm surpised Poe Dameron didn't get captured so Rey could pilot an Xwing and blow up the Starkiller and save him
>>
>>64146101
You just can't fathom people having a different opinion than you? To be honest though, /tv/ is the only place I've seen where people have been shitting all over the movie. Like you aren't watching it to enjoy it, but watching it for something to compare to the prequels so that you can nitpick every little detail and call it shit. Someone called me a Star Wars Jew loving kike the other day on here because I said I enjoyed the movie. Or my favorite line, go back to reddit normie. I don't even fucking get this place sometimes. Its like you guys look for the bad in everything.
>>
>>64145758
Nope, it was good.
>>
>>64146526
>Like you aren't watching it to enjoy it,
Way to assume faggot. My bar was set really fucking low going into this movie. You're just among the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>64145338
TFA was good. It's cozy and familiar. They basically took A New Hope, changed some things around, and made a new movie. People can hate on this if they want, but ultimately, you're hating on a Star Wars film for being a Star Wars film, and that's silly and not worth your time honestly.
>>
>>64146716
I'm hating on the fact the legitimately COPIED episode IVs plot! You are a fucking moron if you don't see how this was just a refurbished movie. A modernization of Episode IV is not star wars, it added nothing.
>>
>>64146672
>bar was set really low going into the movie

See what I mean? You were already going into the film looking to shit on it and finding every negative aspect to it. Hell, you didn't even have anything good to say about it in your original post. I bet you are one of those faggots from /pol/ who can't stand a black man being in the lead or a woman beating a sith lord so that's why you post those "ogga booga" memes everywhere. /tv/ is literally the only board that hates this movie. Go anywhere else and you'll hear nothing but praise. I even see some faggots shitposting that the prequels were better. While a month before the movie, everyone was still hating the prequels.

I really fucking hate this board and its hipster, have to hate everything popular trend. Fuck /tv/
>>
>>64146790
>THEY RIPPED THEMSELVES OFF!
Uh, okay?
>>
>>64146813
you're gonna be real embarrassed in a few years when TFA is unanimously regarded as mediocre/shit. The same people that would have said the prequels are good at release are the people that are now saying TFA is good.
>>
>>64146813
>>64146823

I'm communicating with adolescent children, it's too obvious. Only teenagers assume this much. Only teenagers try to put words in peoples mouths and create personifications of random people on the internet. Fuck this.
>>
>>64146790

> A modernization of Episode IV is not star wars

But it is. Because it's a Star Wars version of Star Wars. If audiences were presented with something completely new and different they would have went against it saying 'not muh Star Wars' etc. JJ had to play on the familiar to get the franchise out of the mud. Or you could argue that it takes ideas from the book 'The Hero With A Thousand Faces', where it argues that neary every hero's journey follows the same story beats. George Lucas read it either before/during writing Star Wars.
>>
>>64146896
>>64146894
you have convinced me. TFA is shit. I will from now on stop enjoying the movie
>>
>>64146896
Try to lighten up for once in your life, Anon. It's not all bad.
>>
>>64146920
you can enjoy a bad movie, you just have to be able to accept that it's objectively not good
>>
>>64125078
Episode VII made meet feel nothing. Order 66 to this day gives me chills. Even qui gon jins death was more emotional than this. Hans death along with many other plot points was misplaced and forced, maybe it was the lack of creative story but yeah this movie was one big nostalgia fest and completely safe in everything it did. The few "risks" they took were almost formulaic and cliche, almost like radio music where every song is essentially the same song with a slightly different sound tweak added in after.
>>
>>64147008
Whoops. Phone app linked to an old thread on accident.
>>
>>64146966
I accept it has problems. most of which I can overlook, especially depending on how next movie turns out. like if they harp on the fanservice strings a shitton again. overall i thought the movie was great. didn't really dawdle (although pacing was a bit fast)
enjoyed the characters. rey's a bit OP but again hinges on how the ext movie treats her character.
need more phasma, hux kinda felt outta place. explain snoke, explain republic. loved seeing han and leia's reunion
loved poe/finn bromance
BB-8 was cute as tits
loved that last duel
dark, mostly the glow of the lightsabers and all the symbolism that goes the blue clashing with the red
han's death i felt was done well
>>
Guys, guys I have this idea for a star wars fan fic and I wanted feedback on this protagonist I have in mind

Okay, so she's an orphan from Tattoo-- Jakku, and she's a scavenger/slave. She escapes the planet by finding the Millennium Falcon and flying it by herself. She's super smart and can figure out the controls even though she hasn't set foot inside the ship before or flown a ship at all and she knows all about how to repair it more than the owner, Han Solo. Oh and she knows how to speak Wookie (thanks to the desert Wookie clan) and droid (Anakin could so duh) and Chewbacca loves her because she's cool and Han is impressed because she knows so much about the Falcon.

Oh and she has force powers, and she's so good at the force that she can resist the master of the Knights of Ren's mind reading and even read his mind, and she knows how to do jedi mind tricks because she just does and it's cool. She even beats the master of the knights of Ren in a lightsaber fight when she doesn't even have training with a lightsaber, and she has better force pulling than him.

In the end she has Anakin's lightsaber and is the captain of the Falcon and Chewie's new best friend and she goes off to be Luke Skywalker's apprentice (but he'll discover she knows way more than him cause she's a prodigy) so she can defeat the Sit- Knights of Ren.

I'm just stuck on the name, what should I call her?
>>
>>64147008
still a good post for this thread, it captured how I feel perfectly.
>>
>>64147058
Mue Sarry
>>
>>64147041
You write like a women. You're a femanon. It's obvious now.
>>
>>64145338
>1) No Han & Luke reunion
I agree

>2) Acting was terrible, like watching a fucking B actors on the sci-fi channel terrible.
I thought the acting was pretty great actually. Everyone showed character and emotion.

>3) It's episode fucking IV repackaged.
Some parts definitely are, I hated the planet death star.

>4) The CGI monsters Han was transporting looked ridiculous, poor CGI in some parts of the movie.
I thought that bit was fine, they looked pretty good in the cinema. Plus I love The Raid so I liked seeing those actors get a cameo.

>5) Character relationships felt wooded, and forced.
Totally disagree, Finn and Poe have great chemistry (shame they're separated for most of the movie). The scene between Han Solo and Kylo Ren was brilliant and really sold their relationship for me.

>7) Because of points 5 & 6, this made Han's death extremely underwhelming, almost pointless. I can think of at least 1 other way Han could have died that would have been epic and amazing. I feel like the scene with his death has been done before, I can't put my finger on it, but I know i've seen something very similar to THAT scene.
One of the best scenes in the film for me. I'm so glad it was there to break up the asinine death star run.

>8) Extremely fast paced.
I was fine with the fast pace. But it does make the slower bits seem really slow in comparison. The scene in Maz's castle where they actually sit down and have a conversation stood out especially since the rest is so frenetic.
>>
>>64145643
Holy shit, doesn't matter what you wrote, that scenario is actually a million times better because it actually makes sense. It sounds like something grand and spectacle that you expect from Star Wars; or, at this point, Lucas' films and storyline. You know, real Star Wars.
>>
>>64145338
can someone pls post "accusing finger"image. I need it for meme purpose
>>
>>64146813
Bar set low means you are ready to accept utter shit and consider it good, you fucking stupid illiterate retard.
>>
>>64146297
>bb8 was the best actor

But not even. Bb8 was a huge step down from the droids featured in Star Wars as sidekicks. With robot designs as iconic as their sound design, bb8 was background-tier in Star Wars at best.
>>
>>64145338
i agree 7 was pretty shit def the 2nd worst star wars movie
>>
>>64146101
The movie was fucking shit?
>>
>>64145338

>no han/luke reunion

this isn't your shitty fanfic

>acting was terrible

was surprisingly very good, ford was the only one who didnt seem to give a shit

>character development

theres a reason people rip into kylo for being emo/whiney because he had memorable character attributes.

>wooden character relationships

finn/rey fight and end scene was pretty emotional. they gave a shit about each other not like muh bad boy han solo with luke

>fast paced

as if thats a bad thing? it didnt feel like nearly 2 and a half hours. ANH had 30 minutes of fucking droids in the desert

Hans freighter scene was shit though
>>
>>64146823
No, they're basically ripping off George Lucas. But they're not even being smart enough to follow the outline he left behind despite whoring out his property to death.
>>
File: 1440294770823.jpg (13 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
1440294770823.jpg
13 KB, 261x193
How come Steven Spielberg didn't direct the new star wars or any star wars for that matter?

Was there a legit reason?
>>
>>64147385
>was surprisingly very good
>finn/rey fight and end scene was pretty emotional.

Pleb detected.
>>
>>64147148
>>
>>64147107
Theres more to how I feel about the movie. I liked the first scene at the village and the introduction of Rey was pretty good too. It wasn't extraordinary but it did have a feel of it's own with a few things to remind you it's still star wars. Once they steal back the falcon the movie starts trying to be the original trilogy so hard it loses any sense of character it might have had up until then. You can't go 5 minutes without the movie going "hey remember this?!".

Han Solo was one of the call backs done right in my opinion. It probably has more to do with the low standard I set for Harrison Ford since every movie he's been in this decade he just kind of reads his lines and goes home. As Han solo he seemed to at least try to bring the character back to life and that was good enough for me.

I also liked that R2-D2 was shut down for most of the movie when they could be shilling him constantly like they did in the prequels. I know they are doing it to stretch the shilling out into episode VIII and later but I'll criticize that when it comes. BB-8 is a blatant R2 clone just like every other new element of the movie but I liked him better than if R2 coincidentally found himself in the middle of the main story like he had every time until now.
>>
>>64147419
So now people are starting to ask this.

Because he is a Jew who was in on the plot to steal Star Wars, the biggest, most iconic movie franchise in the world, which happened to belong to a literal outsider of Hollywood, despite being nonjewish and having key relationships in the industry.

Lucas wanted Spielberg to direct the phantom menace, but jewman refused because he wanted George "to finally get back on the directors chair" or some bullshit.
>>
>>64147530
I agree with you on all those points, I would even add that I think they captured Chewbacca perfectly as well. But my points above in my OP still stand.
>>
>>64147434

Back to /pol/ for you
>>
>>64147419
Good question - is it because he's in a director's guild which Lucas had left?
>>
>>64147584
You fucking newfag, "pleb" originated on /tv/ when HBO's Rome came out. God damn, this board is swimming with reddit children.
>>
>>64147530
I think my final conclusion on this movie is that it's jurassic world tier. It's not original at all but people wanted a star wars movie just like they wanted another dinosaur movie. It's not bad, it's good enough and heavily nostalgic so people leave satisfied.

But it could never create anything like the feeling of the original it can only try to replicate it to remind you what the original felt like. Had the prequels never happened, episode VII would have been completely rejected as people would have wanted something new and fresh. If episode 7, 8 and 9 came out last decade and the prequels were made this decade, people would be as enthusiastic with it being "not like the other ones" like they are now.

That's why I think episode VII is objectively shit with original trilogy scented febreeze sprayed on it.
>>
File: 1449632932897.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1449632932897.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>64147536
Then why didn't Disney give it to him? Fuck i would pay my hard earned cash for a star wars directed by Spieljew
>>
>>64147604

>unironically using newfag on /tv/
>bringing out the /tv/ meme encyclopedia to show his prowess
>finishing it off with reddit stab

sorry, back to /b/ for you
>>
>>64147846
You really don't belong here. You've proven that already.
>>
>>64147892

>its an exclusive club guys
>caring this much about an internet board
>>
>>64147971
You are obviously enjoying your little Christmas break, child.
>>
>can't stop eating chocolate, nuts, biscuits, mince pies and drinking fizzy pop

help me
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.