[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The only review that matters https://www.youtube.com/wat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: 3354d32.png (372 KB, 849x422) Image search: [Google]
3354d32.png
372 KB, 849x422
>The only review that matters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lfocnclUFQ
>>
the same guy who said he like tpm? no thanks then.
>>
All these reviews have something in common, which is talking about how it made them feel and "being 10 years old" again.
Once the nostalgia wears off and people watch TFA a few times the same thing will happen like it did with Phantom Menace. People will gradually see it for the soulless rehash it is.
>>
how much was he paid?
>>
>>64144866
This. Is there a sincere man in Hollywood?
>>
>>64144920
>If he doesn't agree with my opinions he is a shill and not sincere about his opinions and views at all
>>
>>64144860
TFA's rating won't fall
It will stay whereever it is
It will be highly regarded while the prequels fade into oblivion
>>
>A prequel apologist who told everyone two weeks before the release of Watchmen that Zac Snyder "pulled it off", who's idea of quality and diversification are films like Red State and Tusk.
>>
>>64144976
Is there a public gauge of the marketing budget for TFA? They seem to have spent an awful lot but it's murky.
>>
>>64145029
>If they have dissenting opinions form my own they are paid to do so
>>
>>64145048
I'd like to see the marketing budget, that's all. No need for saucy greentext.
>>
>>64145029
Hi there I'm a paid shill
We care alot about slow moving boards with 2k userbase
>>
>>64145063
What do you imagine the marketing budget for TFA was, though? All opinions aside
>>
>>64145062
I don't know the fucking budget because I don't work for Disney you twat
>>
>>64145091
What's your estimate of the marketing budget, though? Do you have any guesses or opinions?
>>
Dear Disney,
I'm sorry for asking about the marketing budget for TFA. Please forgive me.
>>
>>64145111
$25,000,000~
>>
>he can't avoid mentioning cuckolding
>>
>>64145002
Do you actually think this or are you just taking the piss?
>>
kev looks/sounds like he's strung out on something
>>
>>64144626
Can someone tldr this for the thread?

I don't want to sit through 40 minutes of this.
>>
>>64145801
an aging, chainsmoking, fanboy fails to critically analyze a flick.
>>
>>64145801
kevin smith is a bumbling fanboy retard and loves TFA for non-reasons like "it made me feel like a kid again", never once going into any depth on the film or talking about any of the glaringly obvious flaws

this is a man who enjoyed the prequels, thought snyder's watchmen was fantastic, thinks Been Al-fleeck is going to be the best batman ever, and has never made anything more than a passable dude weed flick.

his daughter is a solid butterface though
>>
File: 455570160.jpg (516 KB, 796x1024) Image search: [Google]
455570160.jpg
516 KB, 796x1024
>>64145931
> butterface
Judging by this pic you've got that fucking backwards. Body like a door but the face is ok
>>
i cant wait until this retard backpedals on TFA as hard as he backpedaled on the prequels
>>
Why does he wear oversized jerseys all the time?
>>
I can't believe I liked this clown at one point. Who the fuck is his audience?
>>
Why is he not still fat? Kevin Smith needs to be fat
>>
>>64146081
that's an old pic I think. Check her instagram
>>
>>64144626
Why does Kevin Smith insist on wearing the giant hockey jerseys? It does nothing to conceal his fatness, and he evidently doesn't realize how ridiculous it looks.
>>
>>64146257
People that watched Clerks in middle school and then literally everything else by him including his shit romantic comedies and horror film regardless of how bad it is.
>>
>>64146348
kinda qt
>>
>>64146348
Nice butt
>>
>>64145801
He smoked his brain away. Nothing worthwhile to tl;dr
>>64145852
This. In his defence, it seems like every single review you can find on jewtube is a facsimile of this.
>>
>>64146367
>>64146403
would destroy/10, definitely a butterface though

which is not a problem for me, I fucking love butterfaces
>>
>>64144626
This guy said that Phantom Menace was the second best SW movie after Empire when it came out
>>
>>64146363
god damn it you fucking nailed it. I feel ashamed but Dogma was pretty good.
>>
>>64146420
not even RLM got into any sort of depth when talking about the movie. everyone is just caught up in the star wars hype and aren't taking the time to actually review the movie

RLM just did the same "it wasn't terrible" "bb8 was cute" "kylo ren looked cool" thing everyone else did

i bet when they do a plinkett review for it in about four years they'll realize how mediocre it is in pretty much every aspect
>>
>>64146431
sweet jesus have mercy
>>
>>64145852
>>64145931
>>64146420
Thanks.
>>
>>64146518
>make a video parody of people watching the trailer to make a point
>usurp that point in hitb and so the same thing as everyone else
Pottery
>>
>>64146518
has anyone done a critical review yet?
>>
>>64146558
how did kevin smith create this
>>
>>64145559
The rating part is probably true. I don't think critics can actually change their mind, nor would they even if they could, it would make them look bad.
As far as I'm concerned they succeeded at what they were trying to do. Honestly, I was surprised just how correct my predictions about the movie were.
The thing that no one seems to be willing to admit is that we'll never actually get another Star Wars, especially under the Star Wars brand.
>>
>>64146581
The Catholic Church put out a sick review

Pretty based, new favorite reviewer
>>
>>64146577
seriously what the fuck RLM

these guys nitpicked apart prometheus and you could do the exact same shit to TFA but i guess it's star wars so whatever yay star wars go buy a remote control BB8 you fucking sheep
>>
File: lucas dead inside.jpg (32 KB, 404x384) Image search: [Google]
lucas dead inside.jpg
32 KB, 404x384
>>64146518
i think a large part of that is how they rushed the review out. It's the first thing they mention in the video that they're recording at 4am immediately after seeing the movie.

Obviously tired and still awestruck after just seeing it.
>>
>>64146909
>in January 2015, Lucas stated that Disney had discarded his story ideas.
>Same month Strange Magic become one of the biggest bombs in history
>People love new star wars
>even old fans who dont it say its better than the prequels
Lucas suicide when?
>>
>>64144626
>Rey is a better Luke Skywalker

fuck this
>>
File: 1376090554499.jpg (456 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1376090554499.jpg
456 KB, 900x675
REMINDER THAT KEVIN SMITH STILL DEFENDS TPM TO THIS DAY
REMINDER THAT KEVIN SMITH WILL SUCK DOWN ANYTHING STAR WARS RELATED
>>
>>64146909
I think it says a lot about this place, how people think that having positive feelings immediately after seeing a movie is somehow a bad thing
>>
Kev and his fans sperged out about the reaction to this pic. I wanna know what he said about it on his podcast, anyone listen?
>>
>>64147437
You haven't taken enough time to critically process the film if you start talking about it immediately afterward. Emotions have no place in a critical review.
>>
>>64144626
>this review here also matters, and a lot
https://youtu.be/JwThhlhBZqk
>>
>>64147719
I also want to hear this.
>>
>>64147719
I listen to all of his podcasts,he mentioned it on hollywood babble-on I think but nothing beyond "hey guys she finally did it" I'm a big fan of him but I don't keep up with the twitter or instagram sheananigans

I felt bad that people shit on him so bad for that cinema sins video,that he DID mention on a mutliple pods and even read all of the worst comments live.

https://youtu.be/h7F1m9Bu0rw?t=8m51s
>>
Why do people seek to validate their existences by seeking affirmation from the opinions of others?

I don't get it at all.

See it for yourself, and come up with your own opinion instead of being a fucking sheep who lets other people decide how you feel for you.

Damn. Being such fucking sheep is how come movies like this and capeshit make so much money.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.