[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: SW1977.jpg (44 KB, 991x474) Image search: [Google]
SW1977.jpg
44 KB, 991x474
What went so right?
>>
The movie aging perfectly for sci-fi tbqh familia
>>
>>64143993
the original star wars?

> script went through several drafts
> lucas had vision to bring computer camera control to optical composite shots
> It was the past, not the future
> Opening title crawl was a masterstroke
> fortunate enough to have a competent editor
> a generation of sci-fi fans who cut their teeth on low budget film were dying to make the first high budget sci-fi film since 2001 almost 10 years before.
> Dirty space ships
> excellent, and I mean excellent sound design
> The best John Williams score of his career

there's more. but basically it was lightning in a bottle. can't possibly be repeated.
>>
Everything, I loved it. George Lucas was definitely on a role from American Graffiti to The Empire Strikes Back
>>
Pottery, just pottery.

Episode 1s biggest flaw is straying so far from the Star Wars formula
>>
File: american-graffiti-5.jpg (52 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
american-graffiti-5.jpg
52 KB, 500x332
>>
Storm troopers, tie fighters, the death star and light sabers all look cool. Han, Darth Vader, R2-D2, and Chewbacca are cool characters. The story is easy to follow. And of course there's Sheev.
>>
>>64143993
Too bad Lucas completely lost his mind
>>
>>64143993
>camera work
>pacing
>visual design and inventiveness
>simple but memorable lines
>that lightsaber fight
>the score
>>
>>64145394
Lucas was insane to begin with. Nothing that worked in the original movies is to be credited to him. As soon as he got more free room he added ewoks and that fucking overly long jabba sequence in VI
>>
bored nerds got excited
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.