[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this show any good? I saw my little brother watching it one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars.jpg (216 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars.jpg
216 KB, 1280x960
Was this show any good? I saw my little brother watching it one time and got turned off because it literally looks like Dora the Explorer meets Star Wars.
>>
It has some good episodes and some awful ones. It does do a pretty good job of developing characters that were left pretty 2 dimensional in the films.
>>
character development for clone troopers. likable Anakin. Ahsoka gets better every season and then you miss her. What do you mean Dora the Explorer?
>>
>>64143382

The design of The Clone Wars looks like it was made for little bedwetting faggots. Seriously, just take a fucking look at Dooku or Obi-Wan. They look ridiculous.
>>
File: 1450921586530.png (2 MB, 800x4912) Image search: [Google]
1450921586530.png
2 MB, 800x4912
Just watch the best episodes
>pic related
>>
I thought it was pretty good, although I've missed plenty of episodes. As far as I can tell, it's pretty rough in the beginning because they were aiming for kids. After actually looking at their demographic, they found that it was mostly young adults so their writing got much more compelling.

Anyways, it's pretty good and got some really neat episodes. Like the ones concerning "The Son" and "The Father" and stuff.
>>
>>64143480
Awful chart, only use if you're the kind of buddy who only wants to watch the "darkest and most vioilentest" episodes.
>>
File: 501stphase2_umbara.jpg (20 KB, 638x272) Image search: [Google]
501stphase2_umbara.jpg
20 KB, 638x272
Post a better arc than the Umbara arc.

Protip: you can't.
>>
>>64143769
The Umbara arc pissed me off so much though.

Maybe that was the point though. Krell was such an irritating fucking asshole.
>>
File: Y-Wing bombing run.webm (1 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Y-Wing bombing run.webm
1 MB, 1176x500
>>64143769
>>
Started watching it last night.

Yoda is likable again. And fun. Writing is good. Clones get some love. It is good shit and am only two episodes in.
>>
>>64143198
It develops Asajj Ventress well, who was the villain the prequels needed but did not deserve
>>
So I'm guessing the timeline for this show is between the second movie?

I have the dvd for this movie lying around but I haven't watched it yet
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449793791486.jpg (44 KB, 470x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449793791486.jpg
44 KB, 470x480
>>64143769
Defs my favorite krill was so cool. Never understood why they wouldn't make him 1v1 grevious, that would be quite a cool battle
>>
>>64143480
>Cad Bane
>>
File: Cad Bane04.jpg (179 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Cad Bane04.jpg
179 KB, 1920x816
>>64145870
>>
anyone here seen rebels so far?
how is it compared to clone wars?
is it worth to watch?
>>
>>64147459
It has a better start than The Clone Wars, but it sags a bit in the second season at points. It's not as good as TCW, but I still think it's a worthwhile watch. It does have some pretty good episodes especially the ones that are 40 minutes long.
>>
>>64144451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
>>
>>64143198
why is the animation so shitty why can't there be a good star wars series with a decent style of animation.
>>
>>64143198
It was decent. Still much better than the new movie.
>>
i can't watch this due to the animation/cgi

it's fucking horrendous. i respect the people who can stomach that aspect of it in favour of the story, because i ain't doing it.
>>
Watched the first episode earlier. Don't see my self watching any more.
>>
>>64143198
It's shit, but manchildren will say it's the best thing ever
>>
>>64148329
>>64148351
>>64148408
>Muh ILM's

Attack of the Clones aged fucking poorly there's shots in TCW that are better than shots in that movie. The show is more about expanding the universe than having perfect animation style. The shows were actually expensive to produce and required a lot of man hours, but trying to get Lucas to produce 2D animations was like trying to convince him he fucked up with Jar Jar, he wouldn't have any of it.

People should just give it a good chance there's some good arcs for being a kids show. I mean the prequels were targeted at toddlers and you guys still obsess over them, you might as well give the cartoon a chance too.
>>
>>64148237
>>64148329
Did you watch past season 3 ? The series got more budget and the animation got much better. By season 6 it looked really good imo.
>>
>>64148556
It's a cartoon for kids. Stop pretending it's anything else.
>>
>>64148652
The movies are for kids too, quit talking about them and move on.
>>
>>64148685
The prequels were movies for everyone and no-one at the same time.
>>
>>64143478
The art design is the way it is because it's cheaper and easier. It's meant to be simplistic. You shouldn't judge something by it's art style alone. Tron Uprising is a great example of that. The art style is VERY odd and a little offputting until you get used to it, but the writing, background and action are fucking amazing.

As for TCW it's a decent show, it has it's ups and downs but it generally gets better the longer it goes on. The sheer amount of actual character development of Anakin is staggering, he is actually likable and you see more of what motivates him to stop trusting the jedi council and turn to the dark side.

Ahsoka Tano starts off as an annoying Mary Sue insert George Lucas created for his daughter or granddaughter. But as the series goes on she actually grows pretty substantially as a character and a Jedi padawan.

But I won't lie, there are some pretty lackluster episodes/arcs.
>>
>>64148776
>The prequels were movies for everyone and no-one at the same time.

Keep telling yourself that.

Jar Jar, Boss Nass, Dexter Jettster, jedi babies, Anakin Junior, Boba Fett Junior, all the cutesy G rated jokes.

Except for the violent confrontations, the movies were all aimed straight at toddlers. Stop pretend they are any better than the cartoon. The only difference was one had a bunch of shit cgi and was poorly animated, and the other one aired on cartoon network.
>>
>>64148858
>Except for the violent confrontations
That's what I'm saying, the movies are tonally all over the place
>Stop pretend they are any better than the cartoon
I'm not, the cartoon and the movies are equally shit
>>
>>64148556
>implying I give a shit about the prequels
They're trash senpai
>>
>>64146096
TELL ME ABOUT BANE!
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE HAT?
>>
>>64148929
>That's what I'm saying, the movies are tonally all over the place

So is the cartoon, I'm not sure you know what your own argument is. You're dismissing the cartoon that it's aimed for kids, but saying the movies are aimed at everybody. The movies and the cartoon both have the same tone all over the place. They're on the exact same level which is what I'm trying to explain to you. Both maybe targeted for kids but they also have those violent confrontations.

There are several on screen deaths, like clone troopers being sucked out into the vacuum of space and suffocating. Various people being impaled by light sabers and other objects.

But there is a lot of good world development arcs that expand the prequel universe in ways much better than Lucas did, despite Lucas own attempts at sabotaging the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMM-Sh14d6s
>>
They're the proof that the prequels were the best thing in the whole SW universe
Prequels>OT>TCW>>>>books>>>>>>dog's turd>>>>>>TFA
>>
File: unkar.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
unkar.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>64143198
Where does one watch this online in high definition?
>>
>>64149254
Try thewatchseries . to
>>
File: choked.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
choked.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>64149443
Thanks m8. I tip my fedora to you.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.