[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /tv/ think of Borat? honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: bpran.jpg (87 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
bpran.jpg
87 KB, 400x600
what does /tv/ think of Borat? honest
>>
good answers only please
>>
>>64142729
Why is the "A" a "D"?
>>
>>64142869
>64142869
voyadt
lolololol
>>
When it was in theaters, it was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen. I re-watched it recently, and I barely even cracked a smile. Maybe it's because it was just quoted to death after its release, maybe it's because the social/political content isn't really relevant anymore, but it doesn't have much of a shelf life.

I'd be curious to hear the opinions of people who watched it for the first time recently.
>>
>>64142955
Character humour gets tired with age, for the reasons you mentioned and others. I loved This is Spinal Tap when I was 14.. at 41 its horrid.
>>
>>64142955
when i saw it in theaters my family sat behind my rabbi and his wife cecille. after the movie ended we asked them what they thought and they said "we didn't think it was very funny." must have been all that shit about the jews laying eggs but i thought that was the funniest shit ever so who knows
>>
>>64143027
i agree spinal tap kind of sucks, it's boring and cringey but the other christopher guest movies still hold up completely, even his tv show was pretty decent
>>
>>64143027
>>64143057
This is Spinal Tap's visual style is ripped off by films and television shows to this very day.
>>
Got really boring halfway through.
>>
My brother Bilo
>>
>>64143075
Yeah I hate them too.
>>
File: 1424739306610.gif (763 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1424739306610.gif
763 KB, 500x275
>>64143031
>my rabbi
>>
Halfway through watching it for the first time I was disappointed and thought it was just another reddit humor movie. Then someone mentioned that it was all real, done with unwitting victims. Then it became fucking hilarious.

Sasha Baron Cohen is an extremely witty guy.
>>
>>64143411
I think the Pamela Anderson scene was staged though
>>
Still golden. VERY NICE
>>
Is a NAICE mobee
>>
The ending with Pamela Anderson was clearly staged and it wasn't funny at all.
>>
>>64143505
>>64143814

NO HE RAN OFF WITH HER IN A SACK FOR REALZ
>>
>>64142729
Truly one of the funniest films, that I ever saw in a theater. However, it was SO popular, and so over-quoted in pop culture, that it has really hurt its replay value.
>>
Бopaт oхyeнeн
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.