[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whiplash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
Jesus Christ I did not expect this to be as fucking psychotic as it was. I thought it was great, very unsettling. Juno's dad definitely deserves his oscar.

Thoughts?
>>
bamp
>>
The movie was strong and had that special something missing from a lot of films today. And it did have exposition bullshit. It's a film that stirs emotion from it's audience.
>>
>>64142541
first time i saw it i was literally sitting at the edge of my seat for the final scene. I love that it ended on a climax.

CHEERS J
>>
>>64142994
>>64142541
Well a year before the movie was released, JK Simmons couldn't get the feel right during a scene, and Damien Chazzelle threw a film reel at his head and almost decapitated him.

Then he put on the greatest perfomance in film of all time. And he wouldn't have gotten there if it weren't for being pushed so hard.
>>
>Whiplash nominated for best picture
>Gone Girl isn't

Not a bad movie, but I have a problem with this.
>>
>>64143824
I didnt even watch Gone Girl. Was it as good as the first installment, Gone Baby Gone?
>>
>>64143824
>implying Gone Girl wasn't a subpar Fincher movie
>>
>>64142541
It's crazy how tense this movie manages to be with just a few good performances.

When Fletcher turns around and tells Neiman you think I'm fucking stupid? I know it was you my stomach almost dropped out of my ass.
>>
File: 1280x720-PQV.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-PQV.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
Was he too harsh on her?
>>
>>64144061
He was pretty nice about it didn't yell or anything but the only thing he did wrong was go full autism and basically tell her he's got shit going on and she doesn't.
>>
File: richard brody.jpg (54 KB, 460x346) Image search: [Google]
richard brody.jpg
54 KB, 460x346
>...Then there's the anti-artistic trickery of Whiplash, in which the director, Damien Chazelle, doesn't bother to see his characters in life because he reads them in his script; seeing the director pick up the pages spewing from the entrails of a laser printer would make for a better film, because it would be more honest about the activity of an artist (of whatever talent).
>>
one of the greatest performances of the 21st century
>>
>>64144061

No. Supergirl sucks.
>>
>>64144119
What did he mean by this? Seriously, because that is an entire paragraph of nothing.
>>
NOT
>>
QUITE
>>
Not only was it great, but it feels like a movie people will remember many years after.
>>
>>64144119
>when you wanna get Armond White but none of the wit, insight or not-give-a-fuck attitude
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.