[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which robot was better? BB8 or TARS from Interstellar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: Tars.gif (1 MB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
Tars.gif
1 MB, 380x380
So which robot was better?

BB8 or TARS from Interstellar?
>>
Tars by far
>>
>>64142301
still don't quite get how TARS was supposed to walk.

Not much surface area in contact with the ground at any given time. would be very susceptible to slipping.
>>
>>64142323
Because TARS was programmed not to slip and fuck up. TARS was legit.
>>
>>64142301
TARS is a better robot and Interstellar is a better movie.
>>
BB-8 was a repackaged R2-D2 for more shekels. TARS was genuinely amazing and creative.
>>
>>64142301
TARS set memes to 100%
>>
>>64142365
>Interstellar is a better movie
It had its share of problems, but I'd call it a film and TFA a flick.
>>
>>64142301

Tars was created by the best our race had to offer. BB is a copy R2. Tars has more soul then BB and doesn't need funny gimmicks.
>>
I mean TARS had a far bigger role, the ability to actually speak, and had plot related abilities so the comparison is a little stacked. Like if you asked which is cooler, that black x-wing or the unnamed ship the interstellar crew was flying
>>
TARS was the best thing about that garbo film
>>
>>64142301

BB8 transported a USB drive. TARS could pilot a fucking ship and quantify the environment in a black hole.
>>
File: Black-Hole-5.jpg (66 KB, 615x352) Image search: [Google]
Black-Hole-5.jpg
66 KB, 615x352
FailOP
>>
>>64142301
Which one is the most popular toy of the year and which one isn't even a toy at all?

Thought so.
>>
File: Fat Ogre Shit.webm (630 KB, 830x720) Image search: [Google]
Fat Ogre Shit.webm
630 KB, 830x720
>>64142421
Literally fat ogre shitpost
>>
I haven't seen Interstellar, but just going by the gif, it seems BB-8 would handle terrain better.
>But it's a ball!
Compared to a slab? Yeah.
>>64142442
Greta Garbo was in it?
>>
>>64142513
>I haven't seen Interstellar, but just going by the gif, it seems BB-8 would handle terrain better.
You would be wrong.
>>
>>64142460
Robbie is the best robot in all of film history. Dude made gallons of booze for someone to drink.
>>
>>64142442
TARS, Matthew's acting and everything Nolan created in space were the best things about Interstellar.

Nolan would have been great at world building for TFA. We would have gotten something more original with better actors and a much better plot with actual coherence and importance.
>>
was anyone else really emotionally moved by tars?
>>
>>64142589
Explain?

Also was it intentional that its name is just an anagram for "STAR"?
>>
>>64142677
Yeah. He was a true brow that stuck to the mission but also cared about his crew. He wasn't some asshole dick like Hal or a toy machine squeak bot like BB8 or R2-D2 or the most annoying robot ever in C3PO
>>
>>64142301
forgetable characters thread?
holy shit i have no memories of this flick
>>
>>64142717
The robots in Interstellar can change their form to adapt their movement model.
>>
>>64142717

A slight hill covered in morning dew TARS>bb
>>
>>64142462
Ya and that's all BB8 and most of TFA is; basis for a toy
>>
>>64142717
All of those little lines on TARS are parts that can stick out and move. They're pretty much swiss army knife robots
>>
TARS.
>>
>>64142717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OVqXm7_Pk

best example of what the robots can do.
>>
>>64142301
tars can run over motherfuckers
bb8 has shitty taser
>plz dont be sad i love u bb8 please dont cry u're gonna make more money than that mean ol tars no one like nolan hes a hack and the dark knight sucks all the robot honnies gonna be on you bb ill go buy u a candy bar that would make you feel better
>>
>>64142423
>>64142423
>funny gimmicks
>doesn't need them
>entirely designed to be gimmicky and function only in realms beyond physical reality.
>the best sci-fi robot evaaaaar senpai

You realize between the two, bb has an actual working remotely controlled version of themselves anyone can play with and use right? I mean god the, when the fantasy sci-fi droid has better mechanical engineering behind it's design than your traditional sci-fi bot, idk how you can try to even pretend Nolan's farce can be in the same league as a starwars movie.. Even a prequel.
>>
>>64142301

TARS is literally Reddit the Robot, Memes set to 95%.
>>
>>64143002
>You realize between the two, bb has an actual working remotely controlled version of themselves anyone can play with and use right?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>64143002
How autistic are you? No one is claiming TARS is the best robot ever, just that it's better than BB8. Jesus, and you think the fact that BB8 is a toy is a good thing? Literally the only reason things like BB8 or Phasma or C3PO with red a arm exist is to sell toys. TARS actually served a purpose to the plot, whereas BB8 was designed for childrens' enjoyment
>>
>>64143173
Tara was designed to be le edgy sifi bot and was genuinely the marry Sue of that film despite being completely unrealistically engineered. Bb8 was exactly what the nostalgia wars wanted in every way and ends up being a working and functional creation, not a the brick you have to be a retard to believe can actually function in a real world scenario, much less the austere environments Nolan tried to put them in.

Cry all out want about marketability and selling out but OBVIOUSLY the one that is actually designed to work not to show is the more functional droid.
>>
>>64143333

>Tars, set quads to 3
>>
>>64143032
>literally Reddit the ____

I wish you people would stop this.
>>
there is a working BB8 toy
show me a working TARS toy
thats right you can't because it walks on plot
get fucked TARSfags
>>
>>64143439

I wish Hollywood would stop releasing movies like this.
>>
>>64143333
Anon, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>64142809

Implying bb-8 doesn't have terrain spikes. He also has little grappling tethers. BB-8 >>>>> TARS.
>>
>>64143494
>loses argument on the functionality comparison of two sci-fi robots
>falls into de facto troll this hard

Your default is showing anon. The more you open your mind up and fight the cognitive dissonance, the happier you will be. Promise
>>
>>64142485
she literally fucking shits herself
>>
>>64143614
>Tara was designed to be le edgy sifi bot and was genuinely the marry Sue
No. You're a fucking idiot and you deserve a meme response.
>>
>>64142301
Interstellar gets the better robot AND the better movie. By far.
>>
>>64143695
>>64143695
Cognitive dissonance: the life of this anon.
Also reading comprehension, if you practice it, would help you know Tara=tars in that sentence. Critical thinking will get you places bro, even if those places take you away from your safe zone where you can believe Nolan's bots actually work.
>>
>>64143806
Better movie, better voice actor vs noise mixer, but in a real world test? Please. Tars would never pass a functionality exam. Bb8 could maneuver circles around him even if tars could manage to stay upright.
>>
>>64144001
>Tara=tars in that sentence
I'm laughing that you think this is the problem with that aburdbly inane sentence. Real, actual laughter.
>>
>>64144111
Again, reading comprehension is key. But maybe you need a few more years of spelling before you push that frontier...
>>
>>64144177
What did I fail to comprehend wise one?

I expect you to slink away at this point, feel free to prove me wrong.
>>
>>64144047
Probably true.
Though I'm pretty sure TARS main function is with the ship and not so much mobility.
>>
>>64144268
And what exactly do you think an astromech droid like bb8 is used for?
>>
>>64144213
The entire sentence after you failed to comprehend that an A was used in place of an S apparently lol but hey, my bad. I'll be sure to double check every post I make on this anonymous image board for sensitive reading retards from now on.
>>
>>64144418
No, I got that. I used context clues to figure out that you were talking about TARS when you said "Tara was designed to be le edgy sifi bot and was genuinely the marry Sue"

Anything else?
>>
File: moon06-540x223.jpg (23 KB, 540x223) Image search: [Google]
moon06-540x223.jpg
23 KB, 540x223
GERTY is the greatest robot-friend any man ever had.
>>
>>64144448
That was the only trouble spot you were able to point out to me Anon. Help me help you buddy. Come on. Use your words
>>
>>64142874
You know what annoys me the shit out of this scene, that he died because of that Hathaway bitch.
>>
>>64142301
TARS was a much better robot but Interstellar was an inferior movie
>>
>>64144613
You need some better reading comprehension mate.

But I will be a nice person and spoonfeed you: There is absolutely nothing "le edgy" about TARS. There is absolutely nothing "marry Sue" (I used context clues to determine that you meant Mary Sue) about TARS.
>>
>>64144679
He died because he was a dumbshit. He had plenty of opportunity to get aboard the ship and shut the fucking door, even with Hathaway being retarded.
>>
>>64144704
>literally nothing le edgy
Completely aesthetic for the sake of of aesthetic and zero functionality or basis in reality is exactly what a le edgy sci-fi design would yield.
>literally nothing Mary Sue
The robot that decides all of the sudden it can role anywhere and save anything at the last second for the sake of the plot is not Mary Sue to you?

I finally see where the disconnect is anon. You aren't retarded, just uneducated. You don't understand what common words or phrases mean and have no idea how to comprehend them. For instance, you literally misused the word literally every time you tried that last post. But hey, no shame. It's the age of information and Google is your friend. Remember to not just look up the definition and examples of use for literally but also Mary Sue and le edgy. You might get a few steps closer to being worthy of a high school equivalency.
>>
>>64142301
Neither of the designs make practical sense
>>
BB8 is something you'd keep as a pet

TARS you could actually count on in a space mission
>>
>>64142874
>let's the robot get in before him
>stops to look at the wave

wew lad
>>
>>64144452
Yes
>>
>>64142301

TARS spoke American.
>>
>>64144935
>Completely aesthetic for the sake of of aesthetic and zero functionality or basis in reality is exactly what a le edgy sci-fi design would yield.
Firstly, no it isn't, you just made that up. Secondly, they function within the reality of the film. Nothing is internally inconsistent.
>The robot that decides all of the sudden it can role anywhere and save anything at the last second for the sake of the plot is not Mary Sue to you?
No, the big rectangular robot is not a Mary Sue. At all. Learn what these terms you're using mean.
>pile of ad hom
Do you feel better now?
>>
There isn't even any contest BB8 is fucking dumb

TARS is kickass because it has an incredible air of realism, sci-fi that both makes sense and doesn't even feel all that far off from what's possible

also this:
>>64144452
>>
Interstellar had a shit ending but the tesseract was intense.
>>
>>64142301
TARS can actually communicate with you so it obviously wins.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.