[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alien vs Aliens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: 080p-alien-narc_zps7d0bfe6a.jpg (76 KB, 1024x788) Image search: [Google]
080p-alien-narc_zps7d0bfe6a.jpg
76 KB, 1024x788
Which do you like better and what does it mean.

>Alien: you value characterization and atmosphere over quick pacing and action.

>Aliens: you value quick pacing and action over atmosphere and characterization.
>>
>>64140812
Alien is obviously the better film if you care about film. If you're just a theater-goer looking for your next spectacle to consume then Aliens is for you.
>>
Like Alien more but Aliens is still great. In Alien the Xenomorph was so fucking menacing and in Aliens they were just some shits
>>
I think they were both excellent but as an action pleb I liked Aliens more.
>>
>>64140812
gonna be honest here and say i dont remember which is which since i watched them over a decade ago
>>
>>64140957
literally this
alien>aliens
this is a fact.
>>
>>64140812

IMAGINE BEING...
>>
>>64141060
wut?
>>
Imagine being the xenomorph in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Sigourney Weaver, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with white panties and gross flat ass. I would totally impregnate you, both my character and the real animatronic me." when all it really wants to do is lay eggs in another 16 year old in its dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be the xenomorph and not only hide in that ship while Sigourney Weaver flaunts her flat ass in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her legs going directly into her back, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she works it. Not only having to tolerate her disgusting fucking gluteus minimus visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, SIGOURNEY WEAVER GOT A BOOTY LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her strut around in her disgusting granny panties; never before have you seen legs directly connect into someones spine before, no ass, no hips, you didn't even know that existed before today. You've been killing nothing but a healthy diet of colonists and later alleged space marines for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of LV-426. You've never seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's trickling down from her lower back to her knee caps as she shakes her ass to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to hide there and revel in her "voluptuous(for that is what she calls herself)" ass, the ass she worked so hard for with personal trainers in previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could eviscerate every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, cuz you're a fucking xenomorph. You're not going to lose your galactic conquest over this. Just bear it. Hide both mouths and bear it.
>>
>>64140812
Ripley literally had no business in Aliens. She shouldn't have been brought along at all.
>>
>Aliens
>reduced the creepy "haunted house" feeling of the original to a cheap action popcorn flick
Alien is the best.
>>
Aliens, I like what Cameron could do with the little dialogue he gave for the marines to build up their own little personalities and implied back stories. Also loved the Ripley and newt dynamic

>>64141147
Bravo
>>
>>64141869
Holy shit are you that faggot that refused to admit the second half of Alien is a slasher movie and kept calling it a haunted house movie?
>>
Aliens is a better made film.

Alien might have some better one off, gimmicky qualities. But repeated viewings show Aliens as superior.

Cameron > Scott
Jim is a perfectionist. Ridley knows he can half ass stuff and his fanboys will defend it. He chooses quantity over quality, and relies on his good films to make up for his more numerous mediocre ones.
>>
>>64140812

Why would anyone wear those clothes in space?
>>
>nerds jerked off to this scene

LMAO
>>
>>64142502
I never thought of Weaver in a sexual way ever, until galaxy quest
>>
>>64141147
Every single line is gold.
>>
Alien. Aliens was shit in comparison
>>
Alien 9/10 creative horror film
Aliens 8/10 semi-creative action flick

The Terminator 9/10 creative horror film
Terminator 2 8/10 semi-creative action flick

Die Hard 9/10 creative action film
Die Hard II 8/10 semi-creative action flick
>>
>>64140812
Alien.
>>
>>64142483
you mean underwear? honestly i dunno, mate. i don't even wear underwear in my apartment.
>>
>>64142523
How she was so hot in galaxy quest, I will never know.
>>
>>64142609
its the bimbofication
>>
>>64142444
>Jim is a perfectionist
Not back then. In that era Scott was far more nit-picky. Early Cameron was more in the B-movie pragmatic style with a mind for bang for the buck. Scott was more that he wanted it a particular way and money be damned. Cameron didn't go full Cameron untill Abyss, before that he was still in Roger Corman mode.
>>
They're both great and it's awesome that a worthy sequel could even be made.
>>
Alien.
Aliens only works as Them! in space.
>>
>>64142681
Cameron broke the law to do the editing for Piranha II after he was fired. Pragmatism isn't a word in his vocabulary.

Cameron made Aliens in a auteur style.

Scott was just hired to do the Corman spin off that was Alien. Look at Prometheus, he doesn't give a shit about the intellectual property.
>>
>>64142601

I don't think anyone does. I walk around naked almost constantly. So does my wife.
>>
>>64143281
>Cameron made Aliens in a auteur style.
No, he used all the low budget techniques he did on Galaxy of Terror, only larger scale.
>>
Alien is one of the greatest horror films made

Aliens is a very good cult 80s action flick

You can't compare the two because they're different things.
>>
Alien is a very basic flick where as Aliens weaves a rich tapestry with it's lore and fantastic, deep allegories. Therefore Aliens wins as it has way much wore rewatch value.
>>
>>64143281
>Cameron broke the law to do the editing for Piranha II
John Landis broke the law to do the helicopter scene in Twilight Zone. No one ever argued John Landis is an auteur.
>>
>>64141811
>being THIS retarded
>>
>>64143457
>Aliens weaves a rich tapestry with it's lore and fantastic, deep allegories
Explain
>>
>>64140812
Alien > Aliens
>>
>>64143457
>fantastic, deep allegories
Aliens muted the Giger subtext in favor of shootan
>>
File: Ripley bush.webm (2 MB, 1920x1036) Image search: [Google]
Ripley bush.webm
2 MB, 1920x1036
>>
Aliens is automatically shit because it made it a franchise
>>
>>64140812
So, it's like Terminator 1 and 2?
>>
>>64143457
>Alien is a very basic flick where as Aliens weaves a rich tapestry with it's lore and fantastic, deep allegories.

Either b8 or retarded because it's the exact opposite.
>>
>>64143557
In the first Alien, Ripley was a shaven haven. Unusual for 70's poon.
>>
>>64143491
Aliens showed Earth and gave the concept of space marines. It showed us the corporate side of Weyland-Yutani.

The movie is allegorical to every guerrilla conflict.
>>
>>64143588
>>64143539
>not understanding Aliens

>>>/r/eddit
DOn't comeback until you've developed some basic knowledge of film theory.
>>
>>64140812
They're not really even comparable. One is a slow burning horror movie, the other is an intense horror-action movie. You can't compare them because they are attempting to achieve different things.
>>
>>64143586
Yes. T1 > T2
>>
>>64143491
It basically deconstructs the vietnam war. Much deeper than any theme in Alien.
>>
>>64143624
Aliens is easy to get.

>muh motherly intuitions
that's literally all there is in terms of a theme, the rest is glorious 80's action
>>
>>64143620
>Aliens showed Earth
Only from orbit. Big whoop. Never showed earthside
>It showed us the corporate side of Weyland-Yutan
First one did it better with Ash.
>>
File: 4.jpg (49 KB, 443x267) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
49 KB, 443x267
>>64143693
>he still doesn't "get" Aliens
>>
>>64143669
>It basically deconstructs the vietnam war
So did Return of the Jedi 3 years earlier.
>>
>>64143734
no m8
>>
File: 1450181370498.jpg (67 KB, 532x398) Image search: [Google]
1450181370498.jpg
67 KB, 532x398
>>64143729
>You just don't "get" it

go back to reddit
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.