[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14
File: dpool.jpg (62 KB, 720x726) Image search: [Google]
dpool.jpg
62 KB, 720x726
Deadpool is a film genetically engineerd to appeal to imdbspawn /v/edditors with no sense of sophisication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier meta capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie aesthetic. This is a flick at best and will rightfully ruin ryan reynolds career.
>>
How does it feel to be a master memester?
>>
>>64140712
Isnt deadpool supposed to be impotent/doesnt have any sexual organs?
>>
I tip my meme hat to you my good sir
>>
>>64140712
>meme dialog
What exactly is "meme dialog" op? Please explain, is it dialog that spreads from person to person?
>>
>>64140712
>I have saved copy pastas stored on my computer just incase I want to sound smart from time to time

Kill yourself, you are the cancer.
>>
>I refuse to let my children watch a rated R film
congratulations?
>>
>>64140712
capeshit posting should be as banable as cunnyposting and comics are the lowest form of entertainment.
>>
>>64141085
Funny thing is it actually makes him sound like a mouth breather
>>
>>64140712
It's amusing how OP is more triggered that the soccer mom.
It'll be a great film
>>
>>64141120
Let me tip that for you
>>
>>64140984
>>
>impotent
most likely
>doesn't have any sexual organs
Does have
>>
File: 1451053182576.jpg (107 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1451053182576.jpg
107 KB, 500x362
Reddit's gonna get upset as fuck when the movie mixes actual character development with their memes.
>>
Through the entire duration of the trailer I was anxiously rubbing my TIRTIM bracelet and whispering to myself "this is reddit, this is memes."
>>
>>64140712
Yes. How dare this R-rated movie have sex and violence and cursing in it. How dare Hollywood put those things in an R-rated film for children.
>>
>>64140712
Yeah, I agree. She's a mother and she's allowed to tell her kids they can't watch a movie for whatever reason she wants, and if it's a movie where they need a parent to allow them to see the movie, then that's kind of that for those boys (unless their dad is willing to go to bat for them).

I knew a woman who won't let her children see any movies with swear words in them, which is odd since she loved The Princess Bride, but it's her choice, you know?

As for her reasoning, I think "sexual situations" is only a minor reason for why Deadpool isn't allowed. Based on the trailer, it seems mostly to be the violence and language that got this thing an R. As far as comics go, the primary audience has been adult for ages now.
>>
>Something in the media offends somebody
>Offended person uses social media for it's intended purpose by vocalizing how and why they are offended
>Some asshole(probably liberal) who supports whatever offended the person post a large, obnoxious meme image that has some sarcastic remark on it that really just translates to "I don't care. Look at how much I don't care. Isn't it amazing how mature I am by not caring and not being affected by this?"

You know, the best way to show that you don't care is to just not respond at all. That may not be the most sarcastic way to go about this, but if you feel the need to announce how little you care, then it becomes obvious that you do care and that it bothers you just how much somebody is offended by something you like.
>>
>>64141120
You are the reason capeshit gets posted.

Stay angry, friend.
>>
File: busey.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
busey.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
>>64140712
>genetically engineerd film
>genetically engineerd
>engineerd
>>
>>64140712
Thats a lot of memes!
>>
I agree desu
>>
>>64140712
>Deadpool is going to be an R-Rated movie with extremely violent gruesome action scenes where he blows dudes brains out and hacks their limbs off with his swords while blood sprays everywhere
perfectly suitable for children
>there's going to be a generic sex scene where he's seen under the covers with his love interest and make a stupid one-liner and then cut away without even seeing any nudity
OH MY GOD MY KIDS CANT SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!

americans
>>
File: The_Comedian_Barbequing.jpg (264 KB, 559x294) Image search: [Google]
The_Comedian_Barbequing.jpg
264 KB, 559x294
>>64140712
>superheroes were created for children
>what were the '80s
>>
>>64143657
>Deadpool impales a dude with his katanas, it holds on the shot while he jokes about it
Looks like a good film for Little Billy.

>shot then goes to Deadpool's tight ass
COVER YOUR VIRGIN EYES, LITTLE BILLY.
>>
File: bane-1.png (1008 KB, 763x1080) Image search: [Google]
bane-1.png
1008 KB, 763x1080
>>64141120
>banable

indeed, their fire rises
>>
>>64140712

>Waaaaaaaahhhh people like things I don't like!!!
>>
File: KillingJokePage25.jpg (176 KB, 629x452) Image search: [Google]
KillingJokePage25.jpg
176 KB, 629x452
>>64143778
Before anyone says "that's not a mainstream comic," the Batman comics featured the then current Robin being brutally murdered by the Joker in the 80's. Killing Joke was also in the 80's, which had the Joker not only graphically cripple Batgirl, but also implied that he raped her (and her dad, Commissioner Gordon, was stripped naked and forced to watch pictures).
>>
>>64143778
>Blake understood. Humans are savage in nature. No matter how much you try to dress it up, to disguise it. Blake saw society's true face. Chose to be a parody of it, a joke.
>>
>>64143544
>not recognizing stale pasta

make sure you take back a cap to /r/4chan
>>
Pasta or not, it's correct. But the woman in the picture is just an idiot.
>>
>>64140712
Wait until she finds out he goes both ways and cross-dresses.
>>
>>64141145
>it'll be a great film

CHIMMYCHANGAS XD

>>64141177
>i take comic books seriously XD
>>
>>64140712

Sorry lady, it's rated R.
>>
>>64143657
>letting Arabic bulls fuck your gf in the name of tolerance

Yuropoors
>>
>>64140712
>literal mememovie
>not a single line will be as memetic as FOR YOU
>>
>>64140712
I'm upset that I was able to parse the syntax of this entire string of text without much difficulty. I almost gave up about ten words but stuck with it and was able to translate all of it quickly and without difficulty.

I'm really upset that my life is so empty I can do this.
>>
>>64144882
theyre just mad Deadpool isnt doing their "SHIIIIETT" memes and being edgy. Any comedy that doesnt make fun of blacks or whores is reddit.
>>
>>64144978
t. cuck
>>
Everybody seems to be saying that the woman's comment is irrelevant because the movie's rated R.

I would agree with that if Deadpool looked like it was trying to appeal to adults. It doesn't though. It looks like it's trying to appeal to 13 to 18 year olds.

Deadpool's box office numbers may not come from underage viewers, but underage viewers are the ones who will maintain this movie's popularity long term and potentially make it into a cult classic.
>>
>>64145036
upvote /b/rother
>>
>>64145125
>>>reddit
>>
>>64140984
He has a daughter.
>>
>>64140712
She can into English?
>>
>super heroes invented for children not sex

Bitch knows nothing about the Pulp era and needs to learn to shut the fuck up.
>>
trailer looks pretty good actually, the deadpool humor in the comics is kinda hit or miss and im not the biggest fan but the adaptation looks good for what it is, and i like ryan reynolds
>>
>>64140712
>i refuse to let my boys watch a rated R superhero movie

Good job you dumb cunt.
>>
>>64140984
He has a dick and balls and can knock a girl up, that's how his daughter Carmen was born.
I think you're thinking of that fucked up guy from that trilogy of Warren Ellis comics.
>>
She should be reading Hemingway to her kids, not worrying about capeshit.
>>
>rated r cape shit
the only good capeshit tbqh
>>
File: 1410572981197.jpg (388 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
1410572981197.jpg
388 KB, 1600x1071
>>64140712
Fucking garbage trailer
>shit forced jokes(not even good as the comic)
>blaring nigger music/vomit
>plot is deadpool white knights for his woman of color friend zone.

no,you can right to hell capeshit.

ban me you leftist faggot chink mods:)
>>
Why does everyone think this woman is an idiot? She's completely right.

The point she's getting at is that movies with sexual situations exist and they have their place, but by using them in capeshit like this, they're effectively marketing it to children, which they shouldn't do.

I know the movie's rated R and so legally children aren't even supposed to be allowed in the theater to see it, but just look at the trailer. Look at Deadpool as a character. Look at the role he plays in Marvel comics. Simply using the character of Deadpool is a means of appealing to children. It doesn't matter what the film's MPAA rating is, because Deadpool himself appeals to children. By making a Deadpool movie with sexual situations in it, Fox is trying to sell sexual humor to children.
>>
>>64146590
Get a load of this bait
>>
>>64140712
Deadpool looked alright. Then he said
>time to make the chimmy-fucking-changas
and I remembered why I hate this character.
>>
>>64143516
>Something in the media offends somebody
>Offended person uses social media for it's intended purpose by vocalizing how and why they are offended
>Some asshole(I agree probably liberal) uses another social media site to vocalize how they disagree using obnoxious sarcasm
>Another asshole on the same social media site then does the same thing everyone else is doing and pretends he is above it all
>And then another...
>>
>>64140712
Fuck no I'm taking my 10 year old nephew to see it and he's hyped as fuck. Deadpool is his favorite character and it comes out on my birthday so its win win
>>
capeshit doesnt ruin careers unfortunately
>>
>>64146590
You say this stuff like its a bad thing
>>
>>64146778
I dunno, how many big movies did Reynolds get after Green Lantern?
>>
>>64147059
One
This one
>>
Check out this butthurt review of new Wonder Woman

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1471877493?book_show_action=true&from_review_page=1
>>
your buzzword per word count is off the charts
>>
>>64141082
Goes on meme centric websites.

Doesn't know meme dialogue.
>>
>>64140984
He has a dick and he isn't impotent,problem is that it's ridden with cancer and looks horrifying to say the least.
>>
>>64147505
>Steve Trevor is a black guy in Earth One

BRAVO MORRISON
>>
>>64147505
>first sentence is melodramatic hyperbole of actual physical distress reading this comic book caused
>three paragraphs in and rape has been mentioned four times without any actual rape occurring
>*sigh*

this is hitting all the tumblr benchmarks at record speed
>>
>>64140712
>sex
>not violence
Top kek
>>
File: Sean.jpg (123 KB, 634x793) Image search: [Google]
Sean.jpg
123 KB, 634x793
>>64140712
I'm sorry that you're incapable of having fun, OP.
>>
>>64140712
>rightfully ruin ryan reynolds career.

Man, I can only hope.

The only good thing Reynolds has done was give me the weekend where RIPD and Turbo flopped HARD. Delightful schadenfreude.
>>
You realize saying meme even here will discredit any opinion you have right?
>>
File: BEN.jpg (32 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
BEN.jpg
32 KB, 550x400
>Superheroes were created for children

Well /tv/, is she right?
>>
>>64148313

Americans man.
>>
>>64140712
>buzzword buzzword meme meme buzzword

You're no better, retard.
>>
Marvel movies are literally a direct result of meme reddit culture.
>>
>>64145077
You are severely underestimating the abundance of manchildren in today's society, anon.
>>
>>64149390
Watch The Voices. It's a fucking GREAT movie. The guy can act... when he's directed by someoe competent.
>>
Deadpool looks pretty shit.

What is the appeal of a character who speaks in painfully scripted one liners?
>>
File: robiebank.jpg (32 KB, 382x345) Image search: [Google]
robiebank.jpg
32 KB, 382x345
>>64140712
Not really OP. It's a comic book comedy, sorta like Lobo. Deadpool was almost always a comic book that made fun of comic books, which is why it became popular among comic book fans.

Plus "letting" your kids watch an R rated movie makes you a bad parent. Your tweet basically says "I'll let them watch violence but sex is bad". kek
>>
>Deadpool
>film
>>
>>64140984

One of the most famous lol random deadpool images is a girl walking on him jerking off in a bathub
>>
>>64143890

There is zero implied rape in Killing Joke.

You would know that if you had actually read it.
>>
>Bloody violence/Murder
Yup that's A-Okay!

>Sex/Nudity
THIS IS WHERE WE DRAW THE LINE. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Americans, everyone.
>>
File: 1425842766272.jpg (31 KB, 460x275) Image search: [Google]
1425842766272.jpg
31 KB, 460x275
>le leddit epin maymay
The movie isn't out yet. You haven't seen it, and you know nothing about it.
>>
>>64140712
>will rightfully ruin ryan reynolds career

isn't ryan reynold's career already ruined? i can't think of anything he's been in that wasn't shit.

he was in that awful green lantern movie, i can't imagine how being in this will ruin his career any more than that did

...come to think of it, why do they keep casting ryan reynolds in movies? he's awful and the movies are always bad
>>
>>64151231
We know that it will follow the standard BS2 formula. We know most of the main scenes (from the trailers). We know some of the jokes, so we can guess the kind of humor.
>>
>>64140712
>>64143544

wouldn't it be

memetically engineered?
>>
>>64151173
This is incorrect.

While the Joker doesn't rape Barbara, Alan Moore himself has stated before that he was surprised DC ran it given the implied rape.
>>
>>64151336
see
>>64151105

I'm not kidding, that movie was great. One of, if not THE, best dark comedy I ever saw. It's pretty depressing though, but in a good way.
>>
>Super hero movie has sex and violence in a desperate attempt to look mature
Superhero comics are for kids, always have been. It's pathetic how defensive readers will get when you call them out on this
>>
>>64151402
>always have been
wrong, you pony clopping fuck.
>>
>>64151481
>b-but alan moore!
hates superheroes, and wrote watchman as a satire
>>
>>64151402
Nah. They even have/had special versions of the comics for the children. Marvel Adventures, as an example (it was actually better than the "canon" Marvel comics).
>>
>>64140712

>not allowing kids to see an R rated film.

I guess ignorant parenting is better than no parenting at all
>>
>>64151569
Not every parent wants to fuck their kid up like your parents did to you
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (80 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
80 KB, 413x395
>>64151607

I think you've misunderstood my post, friend.
>>
>>64140712
>Deadpool is a film genetically engineerd to appeal to imdbspawn /v/edditors with no sense of sophisication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier meta capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie aesthetic.

This is the most mentally retarded sentence I've ever read in my entire life. Not even insulting you OP, I think you need to go to the doctor because I'm worried you legitimately have brain damage.
>>
>>64151607
yours obviously didn't teach you to read
>>
>>64140712
If they're not old enough to go alone, odds are this movie isn't meant for them so I don't care
>>
Those poor kids.

You know they're gonna get made fun of an beat up at school cuz everyone else saw Deadpool and they didn't cuz their mom is a big fat bitch who goes on the internet to start a hate campaign against a Canadian and start a war.
>>
>>64141082
Dialogue that is very obviously written to be a catchphrase It's all Joss Whedon writes.
>>
>>64143890
yeah, but a couple of examples does not change it. comics are for children, and man-children.
>>
>>64143890
>MY FUNNY BOOKS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS, DAD!!!
>>
This is what happens when you make a meme character rated R
Kids are the target audience but at the same time they can't watch it
>>
>>64140712
I'm conflicted. On one hand, I hate soccer moms, but on the other hand, I also hate manchild redditors.
>>
>>64154313
this

fuck this whole thing
>>
>>64154230
Parents are fucking retarded nowadays and look at everyone else to raise their kids and do the proper thing. And not give them allowances with more older material. But with knowing the differences between reality and fiction, and why one doesn't act out the things they see. And why grown people don't do that, but like to be entertained and have fun.

My favorite movies when I was a kid was Ghostbusters, Aliens, Robocop and Predator. And I was proly much younger then them when I consumed those movies at such an age, habitually.
>>
>tfw non-pretentious version of Watchman turned into a literal meme
Thanks, Way.
>>
>>64151127
Pic?
>>
>"it appeals too much to kids"
This might be the case, but have you seen any PG-rated attempts at portraying Deadpool? It's awful.
>>
>>64146758
It comes out on my birthday as well!
>>
>>64154093
Comics were for children in, like, the 1960's or so.

For the longest time, though, the biggest reader/buyer of comic books has been adult men. That's not to say that comic books aren't read by other groups, just that they're, by and large, read by adult men. Or at least this is the case in the United States.

Anyways, comic book companies realized this and started catering comic books toward the adult male demographic in the 80's, and they've been doing it ever since. Sure, there's been attempts to broaden the demographic, but it's mostly been a focus on adult men.
>>
>>64155690
>it's mostly been a focus on adult men.

rape culture at large
>>
>>64155423
do you want him to take you too anon?
>>
i hate this place
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.