[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone watch his films and wonder what all the hype is about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: leo dic.jpg (35 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
leo dic.jpg
35 KB, 675x380
does anyone watch his films and wonder what all the hype is about him not winning an oscar?

i understand martin scorcese not winning an oscar before the three six mafia, but leo isn't all that imo.

yet, i feel that way about most academy award-winning actors these days anyway. jennifer lawrence, jared leto, etc.

it seems to be too much of a "i am such a famous actor yet i don't have an oscar so i am not considered worthy and my career comes crumbling down." for actors like leo, depp, clooney, will smith, etc.

so is leo actually good in any of his roles? what is objectively good acting? is it DDL as we all believe, or what?

i personally feel bad for the guy.
>>
>>64140404
He's definitely an above-average actor - he's no DDL but then again, who is? He gets pretty good roles so people seem to cling to him and he pretty much made blood diamond and what's eating gilbert grape. I may get some hate but I actually enjoyed the new great gatsby because he was in it. I'm not quite sure he's an oscar worthy actor but like you said, lesser actors have won.
>>
>>64140404
Leo should have won an oscar for Blood Diamond.
>>
>>64140404
he is a very mediocre actor
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 580x326
>>64140785

>He's definitely an above-average actor - he's no DDL but then again, who is?

GOOOOOOD MOOORNING REDDIIIIIIIT!
>>
>>64140874
>he likes popular things
>im so much better than this pleb
>>
>>64140874
haha good meme friend xD
>>
>Blood Diamond
>Django
>Catch Me if You Can
>OP is a Raging Faggot
>>
>>64140404
Clooney has an Oscar
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
202 KB, 1920x1080
>>64140785

He's been well above average in most of his roles, and has had more than a couple amazing moments. If fucking Redman can win an acting oscar, Leo should.

He probably should have won a supporting one for Django, since he was great in it and the only thing that wasnt solidly mediocre.
>>
>>64140404
your thread upsets me
remove it from my presence
>>
what is the three six mafia in terms of scorcese? i thought they were a rap group...
>>
>>64140944
For acting? Good grief that must've been a weak year
>>
>>64141011
MODS! this thread has offended someone.
please be considerate and delete it
>>
>>64141080
there is no need to involve hot pockets
op should simply take care of this thread and then himself
a better /tv/ begins with less pleb trash around
>>
>>64140404

He should have already won an Oscar for the following:

>WEGG
>Aviator
>Titanic
>The Beach
>GONY
>Blood Diamond
>Django Unchained
>>
>>64140785

DDL is the most overrated actor.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 736x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 736x413
>>64140404

He's not a very good actor. Literally the only thing he knows how to do is shout a lot while attempting and failing at an accent of some kind. It's ridiculous and everything he does reeks of desperation. If he does ever meme his way into getting an Oscar it will be out of pity and nothing more.
>>
>>64141165
hi op
>>
>>64141135
The revenant was his Oscar but he lost out to Bryan Cranston and that trumbo movie. The Academy always falls for these MEME rolls
>>
>>64141165
Did you come to this conclusion or are you just parroting what you hear?
>>
File: 1434898572866.jpg (128 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1434898572866.jpg
128 KB, 358x350
I've bet my friends and acquaintances a total of $4300 that he will win an Oscar for the Revenant, it's the last of the cash I have and now I'm starting to worry that they'll give it to some Oscar-bait movie
>>
>>64141221
>they'll give it to some Oscar-bait movie
it's a rare sight when they don't
you bet against the synagogue, mate
and the synagogue always wins
>>
>>64141221
>a total of $4300
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
he's been in a lot of great movie but I don't think he's a great actor
>>
>>64141281
better than plenty of other oscar winners, that's for fucking sure
>>
>>64141221
Might as well pay them today
>>
>Leonardo "IF I SHOUT AND SQUINT MY EYES PEOPLE WILL THINK I'M A BETTER ACTOR" DiCaprio

The only Oscar he deserves to get is an honorary Oscar years after his career is dead
>>
>>64141405
>IF I SHOUT AND SQUINT MY EYES PEOPLE WILL THINK I'M A BETTER ACTOR
mind providing some examples of this?
>>
>>64141405
I don't get how this is a critique of the actor if the script literally calls for it
>>
>>64140404
>so is leo actually good in any of his roles?

He was great in The Departed. He was alright in The Aviator. I don't think he's ever really deserved an Oscar.
>>
I don't think he's an incredible actor, but he's definitely entertaining. certainly more valid than a lot of other actors who have won oscars for their stupid bullshit. it also sucks that everyone has reduced his entire career down to "LOL HE STILL HASNT WON AN OSCAR"
>>
CHAHP ME UP AND FEED ME TO THA POAH
>>
>>64140404
He's a fun everyman but he's not at all an immersive actor
I'm a little too aware that I'm watching acting when I watch him
I think people mistake good writing for good acting
>>
>>64140404
I completely agree, opie. The whole "where's leo's oscar" thing is blown way out of proportion. He has some great performances under his belt but if you look at the years he's been nominated, there was always someone more deserving. Something like Gilbert Grape or Aviator would probably have won in a weaker year.

Add to that the fact that he's only been nominated four (4) times and is still relatively young, so I don't get what all the fuss is about. I'm sure they'll find a way to give him one eventually before he gets fucked over like peter o'toole.
>>
What was Leo's most hilarious accent?

I vote for his slave owner in Django.
>>
>>64141245
>you bet against the synagogue
using this in the future
>>
>>64142010
>I think people mistake good writing for good acting
I think you may be one of those people.
>>
Fun fact: Quentin Tarantino originally wanted Leonardo to play the Jew Hunter in Inglourious Basterds.
>>
>>64142086
care to explain
>>
If Cuba Gooding Jr. deserved an Oscar, Leo sure as shit does.
>>
>>64142174
the fuck did he get one for? Radio?
>>
>>64142198
Jerry Maguire
>>
>>64142168
Nope.
>>
>>64142040
>relatively young
Leo is middle-age as fuck now
>>
>>64142335
41 is prime acting age m8
>>
>>64142498
indeed

maybe I'm just a cynic
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.