[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, how did THIS become the highest grossing film of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Avatar-Teaser-Poster.jpg (20 KB, 298x442) Image search: [Google]
20 KB, 298x442
Seriously, how did THIS become the highest grossing film of all time?

inb4 inflationfags
>>
>>64140214
Because it's The #1 Movie of All Time that changed the cinema forever?
>>
>>64140214
I remember Thursney.
>>
>>64140402

Because Rednerica is full of dog-ass-fuckers who love this kind of interspecies shit
>>
>>64140602
>Total Lifetime Grosses
>Domestic: $760,507,625 27.3%
>+ Foreign: $2,027,457,462 72.7%

72.7% foreign
>>
>>64140675

>>64140602

>INDIA
>>
Regular movie $7
3D movie $19
Math
>>
>>64140867

>surrounded by shit and filth your whole life
>here comes a movie offering you the ability to live on a clean, vibrant world
>not surrounded by shit, pollution, and death
>easily daydream about living on the avatar world
>pajeet and Jackie Chan tell all their coworkers about the movie
>2 billion people collectively escape from their hellish lives for 2 hours via avatar

I can kinda see why India and China ate that shit up, desu senpai.
>>
>>64140214

because 3D before this movie was that shitty red and blue 1950s crap.

if Avatar never had the "amazing new 3D" gimmick then it would be a regular $1 billion capeshit movie.
>>
>>64140214
cause people were so blown away by the visuals they saw it 3 times, at like twice the price of a normal movie too
>>
>>64143086
Was worth it too.
>>
Not to mention it was in theaters regularly for about 2/3rds of the years and came out with little competition to drain the market. Avatar had a perfect box office storm.
>>
>>64140214
Sigourney Weaver controls everything. Queen bitch decides if the movie does well or not.
>>
>>64140214
3D Gimmick. That's it.
>>
>>64140214

Wasn't it like the first flick in 3D?

That gimmick helped it ride.
>>
>>64140214
>highest grossing film of all time

its actually the 14th.

>>
>>64145708
>domestic
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.