[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally got around to watching the first season of True Detective.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: true-detective.jpg (66 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
true-detective.jpg
66 KB, 1200x675
I finally got around to watching the first season of True Detective. The hype train did not lie. This was phenomenal. Honestly, I expected something a little more explicitly supernatural in the end, but I was fine with the direction they took.

So I'm a little concerned by the fact that season 2 apparently has none of the same cast/characters, takes place in a totally different setting, and doesn't even HINT at anything macabre in the trailer. It looks like they just decided to make a crime drama and use the True Detective brand. Da fuck mayne.

Is S2 any good? Are my fears justified? I would be happy to stop watching right now and end on a high note. I just need to know.
>>
>Is S2 any good?
No.
>>
>>64139213
season 2 is absolute shit and you might as well not watch it.

it was fun when we had threads on here every night. we could frankpost and make fun of it. the night that they tokyo drifted into the moon was fun, that was extra laughable. especially with the heist scene ending up how it did. (i won't spoiler it but lets just say deus ex machina x infinity)

if season 2 was its own show we would have said meh, its ok. but the fact that it was the second installment of the greatest story told in modern times made us all wonder what the fuck was up for about two episodes, and then just relentlessly make fun of it for the rest.
>>
>>64139213
Don't watch it

Watch seasons 1 and 2 of Fargo instead, much better anthology series
>>
Awesome. Guess I'll leave it at that, then. RIP TD, you were a great 8-episode miniseries.
>>
>>64139213
What kind of person would make a shitpost like this? You loved Beasts of No Nation didn't you?
>>
>>64139213
Why does nobody ever mention that the ending of S1 was LITERALLY the same ending as LA Noire?
>>
Season 2 is not anything close to season1. It's not awful, but it's not that good.

It's unfortunate, because season 1 was so good, perhaps the best tv show I've ever seen (besides lost). It's absurdly difficult to live up to that standard.
>>
>>64139213
season 1 was really enjoyable. season 2 was tryhard "le tarantino banter"-tier shit.
>>
>>64139721
>(besides lost)
hearty chuckle
>>
>>64139721
(besides Lost)
Thanks man
>>
>>64139213
me and wife just finished season 2

it was great television

not as good as the first season..but MM and Woody are pretty bad ass actors, and the storyline and screenplay were quite a bit stronger

still we watched it in two days..best thing we had seen in a while

bloodlines on netflix was kick ass as well
>>
Second season is still good TV, just not as good as season one. Colin Farrell is fantastic.
>>
File: TRED.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
TRED.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>64139213

It's so good HBO said fuck this shit and cancelled it.
>>
>>64139345
You're a big guy
>>
>>64141162
pleb
>>
>>64141217
This.

Everyone had high expectations and were therefore disappointed. People get very emotional when they're disappointed and proclaim it as the worst thing ever.

I rather enjoyed season 2, but it's pretty hard to follow if you only get to watch one episode a week, spread out over 2 months. Especially with no "previously on" to help.

By the midpoint, I was like Who the fuck is Casper?
>>
>>64139213
Don't waste your time with season 2.

It's like season 1 without the atmospheric setting, interesting characters, intriguing mystery and end of episode hooks that makes you want to keep watching.
>>
Sason 2 was different but still good. It triggered the fuck out of Tumblr though, and they went on a campaign of shitposting against it.
>>
>>64141431
Well done you sneaky nigger. You tricked me into googling.

TD is not cancelled by any means.
>>
>>64144192
Tumblr was triggered before TD2 even aired when Pizza had a twitter arguement with some feminist writer.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.