[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: John-Carter-poster.png (442 KB, 384x570) Image search: [Google]
John-Carter-poster.png
442 KB, 384x570
Was this good? I remember it flopping hard but then again so did 13th Warrior.
>>
>>64138653
All I thought about was how much this was like Avatar.... It came out before ABATAP
>>
File: john-carter-walt-disney04.jpg (296 KB, 1746x730) Image search: [Google]
john-carter-walt-disney04.jpg
296 KB, 1746x730
>tfw you'll never help Space Caesar and Space Antony conquer Mars
>>
I still really don't know how to feel about this movie. If this was made in the 70's or even early 80's with the CGI replaced with period appropriate practical effects it would have probably been Star Wars tier.

The actress who played Dejah Thoris was hot as hell though.
>>
>>64138653
/tv/ usually says good things about it, I personally remember wanting to see it, but just kinda being like meh whatever because it was disney
>>
>>64138653
they should have cut a lot of the earth shit especially his nephew

and tighten up the story/plot a bit
>>
>>64138653
it was ok. it really needed a trim to speed up the pacing
>>
Terrible. Even tasteless plebs who liked Tron 2 can't defend this turd.
>>
easily one of the better capeshit-esque movies in recent times
>>
>>64138653
I love old sci fi pulp and was actually pretty interested in this, but I was quickly reminded why pulp is called what it is: it's fucking shlock. They're typical boring, predictable as fuck, and poorly written. You really only like it because it's a timepiece to the 50s/60s etc vision of the future. These are typically the movies the Mystery Science Theater guys do episodes of.

This movie sure didn't do that that. It just feels like a bad movie that got a massive fucking budget.
>>
Shouldn't have been modernized quite as much, the historical interest is most of the draw of the series nowadays. Too bad the Sky Captain guy's version didn't get off the ground.
>>
heard the male lead couldn't really carry it all that well
>>
>>64140210
>/tv/ usually says good things about it
really? this movie was the kind of garbage only Disney Channel can offer, i'm even suprised it didn't become a series

this is the ultimate twisted board. /tv/ has no common sense AT ALL
>>
>>64138653
Good pulp sci-fi movie dicked in the ass by advertising and focus group idiots.

>The source material is called A Princess of Mars.
>We can't call it A Princess of Mars! THAT SOUNDS LIKE GIRL STUFF!
>Fine, what about John Carter of Mars?
>We can't call it John Carter of Mars! MARS NEEDS MOMS TANKED! THEY'LL THINK THEY'RE THE SAME!
>Alright... how about John Carter?
>Sounds too dull, what about JC!
>No, that sounds like Jesus Christ.
>JOHN CARTER IT IS! Now make a bunch of trailers that compare it to Star Wars to make it look unoriginal!
>>
>>64138653
I don't think the movie can be blamed for flopping, the marketing was a fiasco, since they didn't have any good money shots ready for trailer and they took the ''of Mars'' out of the title to make it more unclear what the movie's about.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.