[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did YOU do during INTERMISSION? I felt bad for Tarantino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: h8ful eight.jpg (181 KB, 940x470) Image search: [Google]
h8ful eight.jpg
181 KB, 940x470
What did YOU do during INTERMISSION?

I felt bad for Tarantino - until this point he had never made a movie that wasn't GREAT

and I bought popcorn
>>
I took a piss, then shitposted on /tv/
>>
I sat in my chair and stared off into space
>>
>>64137397
I've yet to see it. Learned that it's showing where I'm vacationing (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) so I'mma see it on Monday
>>
Did anyone try going to this alone? No one I knew wanted to go with me. /tv/ was right, going to a movie by yourself is a harrowing experience. You really do feel like everyone is watching you
>>
>>64137911
It's not that bad if you do it often enough.

Here's the thing: Once you realize that no one really gives a shit about you, you can go out in public alone all you want and not feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>64138269
Yeah but with movies it's just weird
>>
I reflected on the WARM BLACK DINGUS
>>
>>64137911
>>64138269
>>64138346
i actually prefer seeing movies alone, or at most with a qt gf. can't stand going in a big group where everybody wants to blab
>>
>>64138346
For me it feels natural.
>>
My wife's son needed to tinkle so I took him to the men's room.
>>
>>64138269
>no one really gives a shit about you

You only think this because you're not privy to the conversations people are having elsewhere. I can't recall a time where I was with friends and we saw someone dining or at the movies alone and someone didn't say something like "he doesn't look like a creep...wonder why he's alone".

To you it looks like everyone's ignoring you, but I guarantee even if people aren't verbally considering you, they're doing it mentally, wondering where your life went wrong.
>>
>until this point he had never made a movie that wasn't GREAT

He's only had 1 great movie though, and it was Pulp Fiction.
>>
>>64137397

>Quickly leave during intermission with my bro because I'm starving.

>Find shortest line (6-7 people) but a lady beats me to it, whatever, get in line next to her.

>Waiting...waiting... start to notice lady is now 3rd in line, and mine hasn't moved.

>Peek out to front of my line, patrons 1 & 2 are niggers.

>Other line lady has now paid for and left with her order.

>Nigger #1 has completed order.

>...Maybe 5 minutes left. (I read intermission was 12mins)

>2 minutes left, nigger #2 still ordering.

>Other line has easily moved about 10 customers.

>Nope nope nope, have to leave now.

Why can't niggers read the fucking menu ahead of time and be ready to order right away when it's their turn? Everyfuckingwhere I go it's the same story. White folks in/out, black folks no idea where the fuck they are.
>>
>>64137397
Django Unchained was pretty average.
>>
>>64138468
I don't really give a shit anymore

I just wanna watch my film
>>
>>64137911
Some dweeb sat behind me in the middle of the row with his jacket in the chair next to him, i'm sure i unintentionally embarrassed him when i asked if he was waiting for someone.

When he said no i asked him to move so me and my friends could sit together, what kind of dick sits alone right in the middle of a packed theater where people are struggling to find seats.
>>
>>64138592
Maybe he just wanted to sit in the middle for the optimal film experience

Why be a nigger about it
>>
>>64138526
Why didnt you just jump to the other line then you whiny bitch ass?
>>
>>64138592
Me :^)
>>
>>64138526

>Intermission
>Also starving
>Go to get popcorn
>Food vendors are all black
>Waiting like 3-5 minutes
>Girl behind the counter says they are out of food
>Everyone is pissed because they are waiting
>Old man starts yelling at them
>They chimp back at him
>About to walk away
>"We're out of hot food like pizza and hot dogs"
>"There's still popcorn and candy"
>All i wanted in the first place was popcorn
>Had to wait 8 minutes and witness a fight just to get popcorn
>>
I left and didn't return
>>
>>64138468
Maybe that's your problem; worrying about how others spend there time. I feel lucky that I'm enough of a person that i don't need someone else to feel whole, and when i see others who also don't have to have someone around i'm happy for them. Sometimes, if the person seems approachable i might even start talking to them; i have met far more new people being alone then i have being with friends, friends tend to monopolize your time when your with them.
>>
>>64138667

False hopes & dreams is why.
I wanted to believe.
I wanted to be like Tarantino, and give the black man the benefit of the doubt.

No more.
>>
>>64138647
There were people pacing back and forth trying to find seats and he was taking up two right in the middle.
>>
>>64138468
People judge you in their minds even If you're not alone, how's that different?
>>
>>64138592
First off he was in the wrong for taking up an extra seat with his jacket when he wasn't waiting for anyone, but you asking if he could move so you and your friend could sit together was wrong as well, you should have gotten to the theater earlier if it had first come first serve seating. if he would have offered it would be different, but i have a feeling you asked him less then politely.
>>
>>64137911
That’s the great thing about movie theaters though, you’re never actually going to a movie alone. You’re actually going to see a movie with everyone else in the movie theater. You may not know any of them, but you all crowd in rows and columns all the same, eagerly aliening for one reason, to watch the fucking movie.

It’s like school, really. Go, sit, look in front of you, don’t talk to nobody until it’s finished done, and absorb all the information given to you in a set amount of time. Only real difference is that people actually give somewhat of a fuck about the movie(sometimes), and will most likely attempt to shut you up if you interrupt the moment.
>>
>>64137756
this. except at one point i said allowed, "when is this stupid intermission going to end?"
>>
File: 1436383541694.jpg (14 KB, 716x724) Image search: [Google]
1436383541694.jpg
14 KB, 716x724
>>64138526

>has a problem with niggers
>spends money and time on a movie featuring the most offensive moment of black "empowerment" in cinema history

Get on your knees and suck that black dong, hipster.

Then pay for their popcorn.
>>
>>64138706
>"We're out of hot food like pizza and hot dogs"
The fuck? They serve pizza? All they have in my country is drinks and popcorn. Let me guess, it's an american thing right?
>>
>>64139489
Same thing in Canada.
>>
>>64139489
Yes, New York specifically.
>>
>>64139489
It's a black male thing.
>>
>>64137397
Intermission is when you take a break to think about the events you have just witnessed. The next chapter will build on those events without explicit reference so the information has to be completely absorbed and understood. In film studies it's not uncommon to take very long breaks during the intermission (2-3 days) and even write papers about the first chapter to prove you understand it. As a retired 65 year old man, I don't write those kind of papers, but I do recommend a good long break when you see that intermission screen. Intermission means it's time to think about the first chapter of the movie.
>>
>>64139489

LoL... We have basically a restaurant menu now at the movies.
We even have servers to take your order in the seats.
Check out the menu:
https://www.marcustheatres.com/theatre-dining/menus/big-screen-bistro-express
>>
>>64139489

In California, most good theaters will have hot foods like fried snacks, pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers, and many more. We even have slushies, popcorn flavorings, nachos, any candy you can think of, and more. I love it here in America. The best is the theaters that have gourmet food you eat IN the theater while watching the movie.
>>
>>64137397

I smoked a joint in my car with my wife and snuck a 44oz Thirstbuster back in.
>>
>>64139489
Alamo DraftHouse, Studio Movie Grill, some AMC's, and a little known chain called Flix Brewhouse actually serve you food in the theater during the film.
>>
>>64139489
>All they have in my country is drinks and popcorn
Not even choc-tops or Maltesers? Which country is this?
>>
>>64141273

Russia. But I doubt they have popcorn.
>>
>>64139415
Doesn't the movie end with two racists putting their differences aside for justice?

I'd say it's empowerment for everyone.
>>
>>64137397
i think i may have made a baby in the car with my gf during the intermission. she h8s me now
>>
>>64141374

The movie ends with race relations improving at the cost of sex relations.

>justice

Her "crimes" were never mentioned.
>>
>>64141411

You left, nutted, and returned in 15 minutes?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.