[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we finally be done with these frauds? They've officially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 28
File: hackfraudsellouts.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
hackfraudsellouts.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Can we finally be done with these frauds? They've officially lost all credibility with liking the terrible new star wars movie. RLM is finally dead.
>>
They made more in 'public relations consultancy fee's' from Disney in one review than they've made in 10 years
>>
>>64133765
Nigga, what are you talking about?

TFA is exactly the movie Plinkett was calling for in his reviews. Hell, he even recommended JJ direct it.

And, btw, TFA isn't "terrible," anon. You just hate fun.
>>
>>64133888
incoming "fun is reddit is this way, redditor" meme
>>
U M A D
M
A
D
>>
>>64133765
>Disagree with other people's opinions
>Doesn't shrug it off or take it into consideration
>fuck them, let them die and wither for they are sellouts\hacks\hypocrites

Force Awakens what was they wanted, a Star Wars movie not cluttered by bullshit and special effects but with a simple story of good vs evil and overcoming the challenges pushed upon them
>>
>>64133888
It was fucking shit. It's garbage. Nothing in the plot makes any sense. The horrible characters fall ass backwards into the falcon, han solo, and luke's lightsabre in the course of ten minutes. it's a load of fucking bullshit. It stinks.
>>
When the fuck did they ever have credibility?

They're a bunch of drunks from Wisconsin who fart and laugh while posting Youtube videos

They're slightly smarter and more socially capable shitposters
>>
The best part about this whole meme is that people actually think Disney gives enough of a fuck what two barely internet famous movie reviewers from Milwaukee have to say that they would bother paying them to say they liked Star Wars.
>>
>>64133946
The force did it
>>
>>64133933
It was aterrible fucking story that made no sense and was rehash garbage. If they had actually evaluated it instead of sucking disney's cock for money, they would have realized that.
>>
>>64133888
fun is reddit is this way, redditor
nice trips
>>
>>64134011
How was it horrible? it was a soft reboot with open gaps which can be explained in the next 2 movies.

List what didn't make sense
>>
>>64133946
The internet has soured you to most things, anon.

It's not shit. It's not as memorable as the originals, but it isn't shit either. The prequels were shit. TFA is an entertaining movie.

I feel sorry for you. Seriously, I do.
>>
>caring what other people think about movies

This thread is aids
>>
>>64134060
>>64134071
You people will swallow whatever shit hollywood wants to shove down your throat. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>64134060
>List what didn't make sense

I DIDN'T LIKE IT SO IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE I SAID SO!

-/tv/
>>
>>64133765
>Can we finally be done with these frauds?
No, I find them amusing.
>They've officially lost all credibility with liking the terrible new star wars movie.
Your opinions are terrible, you should kill yourself. At least they stated why they liked it.
> RLM is finally dead.
Sure thing, buddy. That video got more views than most of their other videos.
Why do the autists who watch other internet reviewers think people will automatically go watch those if RLM suddenly disappears? Your favorite webshow is trash, deal with it. You only watch doug and friends because you have mental diarrhea.
>>
>>64134003

Quick

Name a more popular star wars review

Name what comes up when you google star wars review

Name what comes up when you youtube star wars review

I'll wait here while you figure out marketting 101
>>
>>64133765
They've always been frauds. Seriously, wtf do you faggots see in these fugly losers who hang around in their basement and...

Oh wait...
>>
>>64134111
>caring what other people think about movies
>caring what other people think
>caring
LOL get a load of this tryhard faggot caring about things and stuff!
>>
>>64134118

>non sequitur, ad hominem

Do you realize you said absolutely nothing?
>>
These guys...I can't stand 'em.
>>
>>64134126
who are you quoting?
>>
>>64133946
>It was fucking shit. It's garbage.
You have so much in common with that movie.
>Nothing in the plot makes any sense.
It all made perfect sense, really.
>The horrible characters fall ass backwards into the falcon, han solo, and luke's lightsabre in the course of ten minutes. it's a load of fucking bullshit. It stinks.
Man, what movie did you watch?
>>
File: 1445090120685.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1445090120685.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>a youtube personality had an opinion that isn't my own and this alienates me because I don't have the confidence to like or dislike something without the approval of my friends, that may or may not be imaginary
>>
File: fedora.jpg (155 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
155 KB, 1500x1500
>>64134118

You dropped this
>>
>>64134142
>these fugly losers who hang around in their basement and...
Cool projecting, sempaichi.
>>
>Movies are incapable of negative criticism if they're a soft reboot episode

It's why Dredd was so popular with reddit
>>
>>64134118
Yeah, that's it, anon. We're all slaves to the corporate Hollywood jew.

You keep fighting the good fight. You keep telling everyone how the fun they had was mistaken. You keep flexing your superior taste over people who found enjoyment from a space opera adventure movie.

I'm sure someday you'll be vindicated. Either that or you'll find yourself alone and pissed off that other people are having fun with something you hate so much.
>>
>>64134237
I'm better looking than those fucks, but even then, it isn't hard to when they're fucking hideous.
>>
>>64133888
>fun

So we have finally become /v/ where "fun" somehow mean something objective.

Kill yourself
>>
>>64134202
Time to send them and their families death threats!
>>
>>64134118
>You people will swallow whatever shit hollywood wants to shove down your throat. Fucking pathetic.
The irony is beyond this realm
>>64134126
Pretty much
>>
This movie seems to be making some of you lose your fucking minds
>>
>>64134202
> natnat will never verbally degrade you in front of an audience
;_;
>>
>>64134241
>Movies are incapable of negative criticism
Are you having head problems, anon?
>>
>>64133888
I don't remember the entire review of TPM but the only worthwhile thing to come out of it was the Plinkett Test, which is only worthwhile for rookie writers/"critics" anyways.
Complaining about wonky, awkward politics that everybody misses in Star Wars is fucking stupid, especially in the context of the prequels where they were trying to worldbuild the civilization that nobody saw during the war waged on the fringe during the OT.

Plinkett is a fucking fedora shiteater faggot. He should JUST kill himself and spare us the annoying nerds linking to him at every opportunity.
>>
we get these threads with every episode. people get so assblasted when their opinions arent validated
>>
>>64134279

Is this real.
>>
>>64134262
>I'm better looking than those fucks
Good for you, people don't watch them for their looks. My god, you're such a retard, holy shit.
>>
>>64134331
wait... you liked the prequels?
>>
>>64134331
>Plinkett Test
fuck off
>>
>>64134279
Whats he looking for?
>>
I'm curious if OP and all the people throwing shit at this movie even liked the original ones.
>>
>>64134357
coins to add to the patreon kitty
>>
>>64134331
>Complaining about wonky, awkward politics that everybody misses in Star Wars is fucking stupid
No, because it's a children's film, poitics and bullshit have no place in it.
You're a desperate tryhard faggot, trying to trivialize a 2 hour review in two sentences. You're so confused you probably think you deserve all that attention yourself.
>>
>>64134344
No, they watch it for the autism and the loser reviews.

They're literally a bunch of losers who's opinions are retarded, that's why they attract people like you.
>>
>>64134342
That's right, Susan.
>>
Completely agree OP. Revenge of the Sith was better than this FUCKING SHIT. The movie was AWFUL.
>>
>>64134331
Yeah, because everyone who watches Star Wars wishes that there were more scenes taking place in the Imperial Senate.

The prequels are fucking boring, dude.
>>
>>64134456
>scenes taking place in the Imperial Senate
ever hear about a little something called world building?
>>
These guys have shit on movies like Boyhood because they just put their opinions out there. Rich didn't even appear to like tfa that much. Mike was the one sperging out over it and that's because it was fucking everything he asked for in the Plinkett reviews and he's the biggest star wars fan between them.

Oh no, RLM liked something I don't like. They're finished. Disney shills!

OP is just a contrarian hipster faggot who hates tfa because it's popular right now. I swear, /tv/ makes /v/ look like a bastion of rationality and civility.
>>
File: GENXCHRISTMOS.jpg (113 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
GENXCHRISTMOS.jpg
113 KB, 432x324
>>
>>64133765
Seemed like only Mike really "liked" it. Jay liked it less and Rich thought it was just ok.
>>
>>64133765
>they lost all credibility because I disagree with them about a space adventure movie
Don't worry, anon, someday you'll be a grown up.
>>
>>64134118
>>64134011
>>64133946

not him but can you list like 3 good (in your opinion) movies of a similar mold or genre so that we have some basis for discussion?
>>
>>64134350
Of course not.
Not even Coca-Cola Fish can make a good argument in their favor.

>>64134395
>what is the meeting with tarkin
>what is leia's character intro
>what is world-building
There's always been that crap in Star Wars. If you disliked it in the prequels, you would dislike it in the OT.
Besides, people were asking for more info on the Jedi order before the prequels for more than a decade.
>>
>>64134429
>No, they watch it for the autism and the loser reviews.
Or maybe they're just entertaining and you're an idiot starved for attention. I mean, that's pretty much the case here.
>>
>>64134503
it doesn't have to be boring
>>
>>64133765
>STOP HAVING DIFFERENT OPINIONS!!1!!!!
>>
>>64134444
>Revenge of the Sith was better than this FUCKING SHIT.
Revenge of the Sith wasn't better than anything. Why are you such a desperate faggot, anon?
>>
File: itsucks.png (73 KB, 168x201) Image search: [Google]
itsucks.png
73 KB, 168x201
>>64134529
I can't do it it sucks!
>>
>>64134568
You're too easy to impress.
>>
>>64134331

SaganFan1983, please go
>>
>>64134631
I said entertaining, not impressive. Pretending to have impossible standards is hardly a sign of mental health.
>>
>>64134357

buttcoin mining
>>
>>64134629
i want to believe this was sincere
>>
>>64134659
>I am easily entertained
I rest my case.
>>
>>64134555
>only Mike really "liked" it
I am so sick of RLM's smug, Generation X-style "ironically good" reviews.
>>
>>64134562
The originals had worldbuilding, but it was well handled and it impacted the story. The prequels have a bunch of shit that doesn't connect and some stuff that was downright unnecessary.

I don't hate poor Geroge Lucas. He was pressured to make them and he made the worst movie he could have made.
>>
>>64134503
Star. Wars.

Not, proposals for the funding of a committee to explore the possibility of military action with the intent of drafting a resolution to end the stalemate concerning trade disputes on Naboo.

You liked the boring shit in the Senate? This isn't 1776, it's fucking Star Wars.
>>
>>64134331
The problem with politics in the prequels isn't that it's simply boring (which it is), it's that it's literally handled in the worst way possible both in terms cinema and narrative. Fucking NPR even did a story about how Lucas's concept of politics makes no fucking sense at all
>>
No but their Inherent Vice review was bullshit

Literally

>I'm too stupid to understand it so it sucks!!!

the review
>>
>>64133933
>magic map to luke
>yellow yoda
>I HAVE A RED ARM NOW
>CGI aliens get loose and destroy Han solos ship
>Leia's 3 lines
>stormtroopers nazi saluting
>stopping a laser in mid air
>yellow yoda
>dumb bar scene with retarded music
>Mary sue characters
>helicopter Luke shot
>everyone is related to the OT characters

>not stupid bullshit and special effects

Oh and simple story HAHA can you tell me who is in charge of the Galaxy and who is the "rebel force"

Suck my dick redditor fun lover
>>
>>64134790
They didn't say it sucked, just that they didn't personally like it.
>>
Ironically the prequels do have stronger worldbuilding, although granted we're comparing 3 movies' worth of worldbuilding to 1. In the prequels I guess you could say that you had some idea of the structure of government. A military story can have a politics side, considering that the politicians are the ones who make and declare war. On the other hand, the more details Lucas gave, then the more inconsistencies and plot holes arose. And Lucas' handling of the politics side wasn't at all engrossing. You watch something like LOGH about a conqueror-king versus an ineffective democracy, and the politics is deeply intertwined with the military.
>>
>>64134801
it's like poetry so that they rhyme.
>>
Can someone explain to me why the resistance needed the map segment when they knew which piece of the galaxy was missing and they couldve just gone there and searched it

It was insanity

If I had a world map and America was missing you wouldnt be like WE MUST FIND THE MISSING PIECE SO WE CAN GO TO THIS WEIRD HOLE IN THE MAP youd just go to america and be like oh hey we're in america now i guess the missing piece isnt actually necessary
>>
>>64134881
I love all this stuff. It's like filmed EU.
>>
>>64134712
AotC broke the prequels. All that politic shit would've had more impact had it been at least a coherent movie.
Instead it was Sin Manos: the Hands of Cluttering.
>>
>>64134920
>Instead it was Sin Manos: the Hands of Cluttering
This.
>>
>>64134863
they didn't say anything really.

the only thing they can relate to is B schlock
>>
>>64134279

Is there more of this.
>>
>>64134801
>magic map to luke
Part of the story, will probably be elaborated upon more in the sequel, and the map is really a map to a Jedi temple, where Luke is
>yellow yoda
Its poetry, it rhymes
>I HAVE A RED ARM NOW
What?
Its fun and helps to advance the story
>Leia's 3 lines
Good
Blame the Jews
Force yo, from what ive been told the power of the Force is the power to shape reality as you see fit and is only limited by your mind
>yellow yoda
Maybe they had to fill the black quota
Poetry yo
>Mary sue characters
Il actually say Yes and No
>helicopter Luke shot
Probably directed by George Lucas
White people are inbred
Compared to the prequels, its handled alot better, George Lucas litterally hated using real props and actors, he envisioned a time where he could sit in his fucking home making movies with CGI actors.
>>
You cunts really need to take Star Wars less seriously, I can't come close to understand why you faggots care about it so much.

/tv/ is literally POPULAR = HATE = I SAY HELLO REDDIT TO EVERYONE but then a fucking star wars movie comes out and you cunts flood the board.

You guys aren't serious about movies, so don't take movies that seriously. You are just some fucking nerds that think they know better than anyone and like to insult everyone and post unoriginal bandwagon opinions.

Grow up
>>
>>64135033
hello reddit!
>>
>>64135069
I was completely expecting you yet I am disappointed at how unoriginal a human being you must be, thank god your parents will never understand or you'd be kicked out of your house.
>>
>>64135018
The red arm part was c3po's big debut. And I also forgot to add cgi emporer spoke in my list. What the fuck was with his character design he looked like the white orc from hobbit
>>
>>64134801
don't forget R2 magically wakes up to finish the magic map, yellow yoda magically finds Luke's lightsaber, the magic death star and its magic laser, and 3PO's arm magically turns gold again at the ending when they wave
bravo
>>
>>64135109
Up vote good sir. :) I wish there were more people defending star wars with the same vigor as you.
>>
>>64134331
>Plinkett is a fucking fedora shiteater faggot.
He's a character you dumbass
>>
>>64135018
>What?
He's referring to C3PO. He has a red arm, so it's kind of a non sequitur and it makes no sense.

I thought it was a silly gag and it shows how much time has passed.

The sad thing about this movie (the actual sad thing) is that nobody can make Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher and everyone young again, and it'll never be the same, as much as they can try.
>>
>>64135130
DICK THE BIRTHDAY BOY is one of my favs.
>>
>>64135109
calm down m8 this is a shitposting board dont take it so seriously
>>
>>64135212
post link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>64135141
>>64135210
Ah yes, i never gave any thought to it

All in all id like to add its difficult to critique its story and characters when this is part 1 of a trilogy, until its all done and over we can shit on it.
>>
>>64134118
You should share with us your obviously superior film taste and recommend a few "good films"
>>
>>64133765
They were always jj fags
>>
>>64135194
So what?
If I had a persona that literally carried a katana and wore a fedora trenchcoat combo, and I tried to make serious arguments with it I'd be a fucking retard like whoever does Plinkett for doing so.
>>
>>64135130
lol giant prop.
>>
>>64134342

confirmed on twitter
>>
>>64135259
I like your posts a lot. You seem even headed funny and smart.
>>
>>64134801

>>magic map to luke
just a map anon, not a 'magic' map

>>yellow yoda
worldbuilding--she explains the force for viewers who don't know about it

>>I HAVE A RED ARM NOW
this was a strange detail, i would be interested in knowing the screenwriters' motive here.

>>CGI aliens get loose and destroy Han solos ship
this was part of a larger sequence, Han Solo's introduction. a lot of character establishing details were given here, like that Han is back to his old ways when he should be with the Resistance. There were also some minor details given: Finn knew what the monsters were, but Rey did not (means she's provincial/ uneducated). Rey's concern for Finn. Little details.

>>Leia's 3 lines
not sure what point you're trying to make

>>stormtroopers nazi saluting
motif that quickly establishes a tone, i will grant that it was a little heavy-handed

>>stopping a laser in mid air
is the Force not supposed to be able to do this?

>>yellow yoda
I would have to ask you to elaborate further on why this is a negative. She is not a Force user but is knowledgeable about the Force. Interesting worldbuilding detail: people know about the Force as a sort-of spiritual realm.

>>dumb bar scene with retarded music
way too subjective to respond to

>>Mary sue characters
if Mary Sue weren't a currently popular tvtropes buzzword then how would you make this criticism? would this even be a criticism, or did /tv/ tell you to say this?

>>helicopter Luke shot
again you're expecting people to understand your train of thought without explaining it

>>everyone is related to the OT characters
that's the whole point of th emovie bro
>>
>>64135294
They ripped apart Into Darkness
>>
File: 1451082039836.png (421 KB, 804x673) Image search: [Google]
1451082039836.png
421 KB, 804x673
It's been obvious for a long time that RLM are a bunch of idiots who took film school 101 in community college and base their whole film critiques off introductory talking points that they didn't understand.

They think a movie shouldn't take itself seriously if it's not about a realistic topic, they think how relatable a character is explicitly correlates to how likeable a character is, they think a main character being likeable is an requisite for a good story, moreover they think obvious spoon fed main characters are a prerequisite for any good story because in their own words, "I don't know who I'm meant to be rooting for if I don't get told who the main character is".

If plotlines, characters and character developments aren't fed to them on a visually appealing platter with quippy dialogue and fun cool exciting reddity characters who are essentially carbon copies of each other, they think the movie is boring and confusing.

This is why they earn the name Reddit Letter Media.
>>
>>64135383
Im also very nihilistic, merry christmas anon.
>>
>>64135417
B A S E D
A
S
F
>>
>>64135417
Are you one of the following:

The Coen Brothers

David Lynch

Paul Thomas Anderson

Stanley Kubrick

Alfred Hitchcock

Lars Von Trier

David Cronenberg

Gus Van Sant

Quentin Tarantino

John Waters

Wes Anderson

Sam Peckinpah

Terry Gilliam

Martin Scorsese

Werner Herzog

or Jim Jarmusch?

Then shut up.
>>
>>64135501
Are you?
>>
>>64135501
>if you aren't a famous director you are not allowed to criticize some reddit e-celebs

ebin
>>
>>64135417
>They think a movie shouldn't take itself seriously if it's not about a realistic topic, they think how relatable a character is explicitly correlates to how likeable a character is, they think a main character being likeable is an requisite for a good story, moreover they think obvious spoon fed main characters are a prerequisite for any good story because in their own words, "I don't know who I'm meant to be rooting for if I don't get told who the main character is".

When the fuck did they ever say any of this? I've watched all the Plinkett and about half of the HITB, you seem to taking a lot of remarks out of context.

Also just fyi, "explicit" correlation... it's just correlation (or strong correlation).
>>
Quick /tv/, what are the best and worst Star Wars films respectively
>>
>>64135501
This, Plinkett said that great directors who actually know what they're doing can break with convention. But if you're a mediocre director and/or directing a movie about a weird alien world, then it's best to stick to convention.
>>
>>64135720
TESB and TPM
>>
>>64135720
Best: The Phantom Menace
Worst: The Force Awakens
>>
>>64135718
You obviously haven't watched many of their videos...
>>
>>64135756
>anything plinkett has ever said is 100% correct!
>>
>>64135756
Especially if there's a cartoon rabbit that steps in the poopy.
>>
>>64135772
Care to give examples of any of your attempted criticisms?
>>
>>64134561
Everyone observe: the contrarians have exposed themselves as fraud trolls, rather than actually being interested in productive discussion! When asked to name 3 good movies, they can name exactly none. Why is this? It is because they are not capable of defending a positive viewpoint, only in attacking those with the courage to state a positive viewpoint. I have posted this exact question in numerous RLM threads, and the detractors have NEVER taken me up on the offer.
>>
>>64135417
>in their own words, "I don't know who I'm meant to be rooting for if I don't get told who the main character is"
The statement was a hyperbole, but in children's movie it's a good idea to have the protagonist made obvious
>>
>>64135846
Your argument is a strawman and you're just making yourself look even fucking dumber than you already are
>>
>>64135772
Surely somebody as knowledgeable as you are about their work can provide some specific examples?
>>
>>64135846
Is there a place to actually discuss anything? I feel like in most places around people are actually stupid or bad trolls. The Internet has become a silly place.
>>
>>64135793
cool strawman bro, but do you have an actual, specific argument?
>>
>>64135819
>>64135882
I'm not going to go rewatch a bunch of RLM videos to find specific quotes from 30-40 minute long videos to post here.

If you don't watch RLM enough to know what their usual criticisms are just pick X movie that they didn't like and wait for them to run out of good reasons to dislike it.
>>
>>64135846
>someone criticizes my favorite meme reviewer i know! i'll ask him for his favorite movies list! that'll show him even though it's not relevant at all!
>>
>>64135409
Not him but.

>just a map anon, not a 'magic' map
Related but, he forgot the part where R2-D2 woke up because muh feels.

>worldbuilding--she explains the force for viewers who don't know about it
>I would have to ask you to elaborate further on why this is a negative. She is not a Force user but is knowledgeable about the Force. Interesting worldbuilding detail: people know about the Force as a sort-of spiritual realm.
I don't object much to that character but it still feels like cheap forced diversity and it only stacks bullshit over space Katniss and space Mike Brown for people already touchy on obvious racial tension-based politics. HURR MAGIC GYPSY SUPER SPESHUL and shit.

>motif that quickly establishes a tone, i will grant that it was a little heavy-handed
Dumb jews.

>if Mary Sue weren't a currently popular tvtropes buzzword then how would you make this criticism? would this even be a criticism, or did /tv/ tell you to say this?
It's not that. The issue with Rey is how much the movie goes out of its way to make her come on top.
You can't just have her hold her own against a trained jedi in several areas of skill without properly establishing she has the skill to do so.
Was she trained before somehow and is a fucking super strong force user? Just say so before making her stand her ground against Darth Columb.
>>
>>64135879
>be in a film thread
>ask somebody what movies they like
>accused of strawman attack

k
>>
>>64133888
>TFA is exactly the movie Plinkett was calling for in his reviews.

He famously picks apart how the prequels story doesn't make sense and doesn't pick up the grand themes of the originals or capture the chemistry of the originals.

TFA is nonsensical and uses the JJ tactic of confusing the viewer by just keeping the story rolling and action going long enough that you don't think about why anything happens or why anyone does what they do. The glaring holes are promised to be fixed next time, as if the big problem was not having enough time to write the movie.

Which incidentally, I hope you know, happened very soon before shooting, with revisions during shooting.

Kind of like.. the prequels.

> You just hate fun.

Great argument.
Next time try "it's 2015".
>>
>>64135936
I don't see where that comes from. They have both enjoyed and hated a lot of movies. Watch Half In The Bag. There's no discernible preference outside of the movies themselves.
>>
>>64135936
So you're just making up a bunch of shit. Got it.
>>
>>64134503

ever heard a little something about how the worldbuilding in the prequels was monotonous boring dogshit that nobody wanted or cared about?
>>
>>64135966
huh maybe because it's not relevant at all to current discussion dipshit
>>
File: 1448621647978.jpg (44 KB, 486x416) Image search: [Google]
1448621647978.jpg
44 KB, 486x416
>>64134060
>open gaps which can be explained in the next 2 movies

You see, the plotholes were stylistically designed to be that way, and we can't undo that, but we can diminish the effects of them.
>>
>>64135936
Everyone, observe: the RLM troll's damage control when pressed for specifics. Notice that his earlier supposed expertise is suddenly dissipated. Earlier he presented himself as an authority, now he can't name a single review. Dope.
>>
>>64135966
Your reply had nothing to do with the discussion

I get that being more autistic than you actually are for (You)'s is fun and all. But there has to be a point where even you realize how pathetic and dumb you actually are.
>>
>>64133765

>THEY DONT LIKE ONE MOVIE, BUT THEY LIKE ANOTHER ONE, FUCK THOSE FRAUDS

OP, literally kill yourself. Please.
>>
>>64135936
>offers a bunch of generic blanket statement criticisms
>is asked to give examples so his blanket statements will actually mean anything
>"n-no I don't wanna"
>>
>>64136024

>they spent 9 hours explaining the flaws of the prequels
>same flaws in TFA are "okay, it's a good movie"
>>
>>64133765
They lost all credibility with Dark Knight Rises, Kermode too.

Inb4 For Me
>>
>>64136048

TFA is flawed, but you're an idiot if you think its flawed in the same ways the prequels are.
>>
>>64135946
>ask a simple question
>this response

Have you taken your medicine today Jeremy?
>>
>>64135981
>>64135982
>>64136017
>>64136032
Sorry kiddo, not going to sift through hours of audio to find audio that you would already know about if you watched any of their videos critically.
Also, I'm not this >>64135417 guy.

What's with all the red letter media drones these days, did Reddit invade /tv/ again?
>>
>>64135720
Empire Strikes Back.
The Force Awakens.
>>
>>64136091
Name 3 people that are less autistic than you
>>
>>64136005
Welcome to moviemaking 101 by Henry(formerly named Jeremiah) Goldberg
>>
File: 1450892032672.png (261 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1450892032672.png
261 KB, 500x400
>>64133946
>>
File: tv shitting where it eats.jpg (207 KB, 1002x720) Image search: [Google]
tv shitting where it eats.jpg
207 KB, 1002x720
>>64133765
So the hate machine /v/irgins finally admit they didn't like the film critique aspect of the reviews and instead just liked tearing something apart to substitute for their own lack of self esteem.
>>
>>64136105
So despite listing off a ton of very specific criticisms, which shows you must have a great deal of experience watching their videos, you can't provide ONE example of what you're talking about?
>>
>"They're FRAUUUUUDS"
No. You're a faggot.
>"They're GENIUSES!"
No. You're a faggot.
>>
>>64136091
okay 3 movies of a similar genre that are all better than TFA

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
>>
>all these (You)'s I could do without

>>64136020
>>64136003

>"x movie is bad"
>"okay, but compared with what? the originals? the godfather?"
>BLURG MUH INSULTS STRAWMAN
Not relevant how, samefag? It's a simple question. I'm not interested in your silly excuses.

>>64136118
>irony: the post
>>
File: Breaking Bert.gif (845 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Bert.gif
845 KB, 300x168
>>64133765

I have no problem with them liking it, but they should be the ones to address many of the blaring problems with it.

Funny thing is that Jack likes it, but was able to discuss the problems like a rational person.

Obviously they aren't revealing everything with having to make a Plinkett review at some point, but the HitB was weird.
>>
>>64135417
>They think a movie shouldn't take itself seriously if it's not about a realistic topic, they think how relatable a character is explicitly correlates to how likeable a character is, they think a main character being likeable is an requisite for a good story, moreover they think obvious spoon fed main characters are a prerequisite for any good story because in their own words, "I don't know who I'm meant to be rooting for if I don't get told who the main character is".
>If plotlines, characters and character developments aren't fed to them on a visually appealing platter with quippy dialogue and fun cool exciting reddity characters who are essentially carbon copies of each other, they think the movie is boring and confusing.
Aspiring writer here.
I've always wanted to strangle people that support any of those points. No wonder each year is getting worse for movies.
>>
>>64136213
who's denying this?

Literally no one thinks that TFA is better than the originals. People just think it's good. Just because you're autistic you think everyone should share your opinion and insult those who don't.
>>
File: 1252484097311.jpg (2 KB, 93x124) Image search: [Google]
1252484097311.jpg
2 KB, 93x124
>Waaah I don't like the thing!!

>Waaaaaaah people like things I don't like?! WHY GOD WHY?!
>>
>>64136272
>Funny thing is that Jack likes it, but was able to discuss the problems like a rational person.
God, Jack is so based.
>>
>>64136288
You'll never be a good writer if you think that the purpose of writing is to make something completely original and new. The purpose of writing is to take something that's old and tell in new ways.
>>
File: pepe.png (200 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
200 KB, 499x499
>tfw you wanna go to RLM and type [r] - [e] - [d] - [ENTER] into the browser bar, but the speed dial algorithm takes you to reddit instead based on browsing history frequency
>>
>>64136221
It has nothing to do with the discussion

You must literally have Asperger's

I'll let you count the amount of words posted and leave you be
>>
The Plinkett reviews nitpicked every ploy hole and shitty piece of dialogue in the prequels, the TFA comes along and all of a sudden "the story never mattered in Star Wars". Something smells fishy, and I'm not talking about Jessie's hairy minge.
>>
>>64134141

Quick

Find me a regular moviegoer or movie exec who watches movie reviews on YouTube or anywhere else and gives a single solitary shit about them
>>
File: 1391358025687.jpg (33 KB, 403x604) Image search: [Google]
1391358025687.jpg
33 KB, 403x604
>mfw Jew Jew remakes a New Hope and replaces competent storytelling with lens flares, fan pandering, nostalgia and neo-/tv/ ate it up like a good goy
>>
>Mike: sarcastic "I sure do like it" to appease autistic fans, in reality you can tell he thought it was shit

>Jay: I thought it was good. Not amazing.

>Stoklasa: OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT JJ DICK, LET ME SLOB ALL OVER IT.
Seemed like a solid review to me.
>>
DUDE OVER EXAGGERATING AND OVER ANALYZING EVERY SINGLE DETAIL IN A KIDS MOVIE LMAO
>>
>>64136339
Dumb frog poster.
>>
>>64136330
So I should just conform to cliches and faulty theories that come from people that couldn't tell their head from their asses to find new ways to tell stories?
Do you read what you post? Did you read my post before replying?
>>
Did anyone watch this and wonder how this handsome & well-coiffed frat boy was the same genius who conceived AND recorded Plinkett reviews?
>>
>>64136272
But didn't they mention how it's a soft reboot of ANH? I thought they acknowledged flaws but they weren't as important because they characters were so good in their opinions. The not directly lifted elements are good, even if they are a bit poetic. I like Jakku because the scavenger of a battlefield thing is new and aside from sand and moisture vaporators it doesn't have any of the classic Tatooine stuff that AotC threw back in your face. So not everything that's lifted from the OT is done poor and some of it even works because it's just different enough.
>>
>>64136445
>Mike
>frat boy
>>
>>64134635
>mfw he disabled comments on his review of tpm review in order to "avoid arguments"
Prequel fans everybody
>>
>>64136418
you fucked up.
>>
>>64136414
It wont be a remake
It will be a Hans olo solo movie
>>
Jay looked funny without his beard!
>>
>>64136393

Do you know marketters actually get paid to give producers information?

Care to learn more?
>>
>>64136221
>say movie is shit
>NAME 3 BETTER THEN
>no one bothers with your stupid fucking post
>I WON GUISE
>>
>>64136503
I was talking about TFA you dumb nigger
>>
File: Elf prince Mike.webm (2 MB, 472x352) Image search: [Google]
Elf prince Mike.webm
2 MB, 472x352
>>
>>64133765

i'd probably say that a movie was good if i got thousands of dollars out of it too
>>
File: image_1_0.jpg (22 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image_1_0.jpg
22 KB, 600x450
>>64136563
>hes still calling it a remake
>>
>>64136509
Reminds me of me. Babyface when clean shaven and then old man looking with a beard. It's crazy the difference it makes.
>>
File: Me using the Auction House.gif (3 MB, 485x300) Image search: [Google]
Me using the Auction House.gif
3 MB, 485x300
>>64136186
Speaking of "virgins":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzTSuOkZeE
>That feel when he's such a whiny and insecure faggot that he blocked all comments on his video to avoid getting told how wrong he is.
Trolling successful!
>>
They lost credibility when every single episode of half in the bag boils down to "this movie was okay."
>>
>>64133765
Don't you guys think you take their opinions a little too seriously? I mean they are just some VCR repairmen that live in Milwaukee.
>>
How come none of the Star Wars films actually tell you the force strengths of the two opposing sides?

Like in Return of the Jedi, we see that the Rebel Alliance has these massive starships, did they have those the whole time?
>>
>>64136654
Colo clawtism always fails as its own thread but it's great at derailing existing threads.
>>
>>
File: Creek.jpg (258 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Creek.jpg
258 KB, 1024x768
I just love Mike, Jay and Rich. I wish I could hug them and give them a big kiss.
>>
File: yes, this is fourth reich mike.jpg (38 KB, 570x417) Image search: [Google]
yes, this is fourth reich mike.jpg
38 KB, 570x417
Greetings 2015 /tv/, 2011 /tv/ here. Is the Mike Stoklasa racist meme still alive?
>>
>>64136696
during the theatrical releases of the OT they used to hand you a little chart (rebellion on one side, empire on the other). i'm not sure how modern moviegoers can make sense such things without one.
>>
File: ford_3270594b.jpg (64 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
ford_3270594b.jpg
64 KB, 620x387
>Han Solo scoffs at the force in the millennium falcon in ANH
>30 years later Han Solo admits that the force is real
Looks like even J.J. couldn't resist making some pottery himself. :^)
>>
>>64136756
In reality they'd probably just laugh at you and call you a fucking nerd.
>>
>>64136873
I'm not a nerd! I'm a dweeb...big difference.
>>
Nah, I liked the movie and I liked the review. Nothing against RLM.
>>
>>64136469
>disabled comments
>a flood of /tv/ faggots spewing meme shit on the review instead of actual discourse

Fuck you
>>
RLM filmed my wedding, AMA.
>>
File: 1445280548143.gif (2 MB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
1445280548143.gif
2 MB, 300x241
>>64136986
How autistic is Jay in real life?
>>
>>64136986
they do gay marriages?
>>
>>64136986
How big are jessies tits

How wet does she get when you finger her ass while she blows you
>>
File: 1448775083590.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1448775083590.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>>64137018
fucking

REKT
>>
>>64135971

The new film does recapture the original thematic and feeling that the OT introduced to the cinematic history, it is not unusual to see from everyone that this film is a rehash - both in screenwriting and direction - from ANH.

He bashed the fact that the biggest flaws from the prequels are character development and the mistake of space politics and convoluted confusing motivation driven plots, two story devices have no place in a space adventure film for all ages.

Which incidentally TFA hit the spot by doing exactly what the prequels should have in the first place: the right tone, somewhat fast pacing and a far superior writing dedicated forits characters. Resulting in a space adventure picture with extremely likeable and relateable characters.

Wasn't that exactly the point of all of his reviews? And I've thought /tv/ would have turned from RLM ever since they gave a pass to TDKR.
>>
>>64133765
>WAAAH WAAH DEY HAB DIFFWUNT OPINYUNZ FWUM MEE :(((((((
>>
>>64136986
What kind of pathetic faggot do you have to be to pretend that you briefly interacted with a couple of minor e-celebs?
>>
>>64133765
They did kind of hint that The Force Awakens is kind of like Star Trek (2009) and they were hoping that the next Star Wars movie doesn't go down the path of Star Trek: Into Darkness.

If you watch the Half in the Bag episode where they reviewed Star Trek: Into Darkness, Stoklasa says that "we're never going to get another Star Trek [well thought out, more story and character-driven] movie."

One can't help but wonder if they're liking TFA because it's about as good as new Star Wars movies from Hollywood are going to get.
>>
>>64136701
>>64136654
I sat there and watched his whole review review.
his arguments couldnt hold up against a gust of air. Im sure there was a big spike in calling him an autist recently. He also has an amazing gift of patting himself on the back.
>quigon, like myself, thinks outside of conventional thinking
>>
File: 1424570550676.jpg (31 KB, 376x471) Image search: [Google]
1424570550676.jpg
31 KB, 376x471
>>64135417
>mfw not a single RedditLetterMedia FANBOI KEK has EVER refuted this
>>
>>64137015
He was actually really funny and played with our kids.

>>64137018
Do you live under a fucking rock? It's illegal to discriminate. If they had tried to object to our wedding on homophobic grounds, my wife is an attorney and would've btfo'd them.

>>64137044
Haha good one anon. Actually we were concerned that some jewelry had gone missing in an area where she had been making repeated trips for unknown reasons.

>>64137106
...says the guy responding to an AMA about them.
>>
>>64137077
Don't forget it's overreliance on CGI

Talking in Shot/Reverse Shot.
>>
>>64136982
Read why he disabled them in the description, you fucking dipshit
>>
>Why R2D2 wakes up?
I thought i was obvious he wakes up because Rey arrives to the base...is another clue that she is an Skywalker.
>>
>>64136986
I don't know what's more sad: anon pretending he's met Mike and Jay or anon pretending a female would ever marry him.
>>
>>64136701
AT&PF 4 Life Niggers
>>
>>64137134
>He was actually really funny and played with our kids.

Fake, maybe a shit parent like you would, but no way would your spouse allow your children near an autist from Milwaukee
>>
>>64137185
>>64137050

Homophobia -- cool meme shitlord. I should perhaps clarify that this was a gay & lesbian wedding. My wife and I are both female.
>>
>>64137134
>He was actually really funny and played with my wife's kids.
>>
>>64134331
>Complaining about wonky, awkward politics that everybody misses in Star Wars

The politics in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace were just awful. Furthermore, some defenders of that film do so by stating that the film was targeted towards children, hence Jar-Jar Binks. However, why bother putting in politics, then, that even adults had a difficult time following?

For a good film based around politics, see Thirteen Days. If TPM told a political story of that quality and got rid of Jar-Jar, perhaps the reaction from moviegoers probably would not have been so negative.

TPM was excoriated because it is a bad film: poor acting, a very lazy plot which didn't make very much sense, pointless action scenes (the pod race which was ripped off from "Ben Hur"), and lousy sets/visual effects.
>>
I'm drunk. just wanted to say because fuck it I like Red letter media for a while now.
>>
>>64133888
This is kinda true, I'm actually worried that Mike didn't criticize most of TFA because it'd bring people complaining about the Plinkett reviews.

Do you think he's proud of how much he's clearly influenced the new trilogy? Or does he think that Plinkett Reviews were a mistake?
>>
RLM hired me in a speaking role on Space Cop. AMA. We talked a lot about the Plinkett reviews, and they gave me a copy of the spec script which I framed on a plaque. AMA.
>>
>>64137265
no pics, didn't happen.
I wish I was ballsy enough to lie on the internet about how hip, cool, and progressive I am.
>>
>>64136654

This is autism. Not even in an insulting or funny sense, the guy has severe autism and he can't understand subtext and thinks that his headcanon is the same as the movie content.
>>
>>64137368
I'm a worthless faggot AMA
>>
>>64134383
Most people who actually care about stories with a clear story and no unnecessary scenes (typically chase scenes in lousy action movies like Aliens vs. Predator) like Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. The Return of the Jedi has moments that are good but the Ewoks and most of the stuff on Endor really ruined the film.

The prequels are just awful.

I haven't see The Force Awakens yet but from the spoilers I've seen, it probably shouldn't be rated higher than the original Star wars because TFA is a derivative. You have to give Star Wars credit for coming up with the ideas of the droids, the spaceships, the Death Star, the Force, etc. For the most part, no film prior to Star Wars put all of those things together.

To rate TFA higher than Star Wars would be like re-making Citizen Kane, shot for shot, using good actors and good production values, and then calling the remake better than the original.
>>
>>64137368
>spec script
You don't even know what a spec script is, do you?
>>
>>64137117
I've watched all his videos. I've seen his deviant art page. You have no idea how need the rabbit hole goes.

>I'd throw that pizza roll in the trash!
>>
>>64137379

proof of our gay wedding (caution: possibly offensive imagery for homophobe, beware cooties): http://i.imgur.com/SAArN4v.jpg
>>
>>64137350
The opening shot of TFA with the First Order ship slowly blocking out the light implying how they are slowly eclipsing the republic was definitely made specifically for Mike.
>>
>>64137431
How do I not end up like you?

>>64137489
proof: http://i.imgur.com/SZ7ZQ.jpg
>>
>>64137299
I'm not defending the politics of TPM, I'm saying that they have always been a part of space opera and if they hate it so much they should just stop watching space operas.

And stop with the Jar Jar shit. You retards talk like obnoxious, retarded aliens in Star Wars were exclusive to the prequels when you faggots were cheering when the ewoks single-handedly defeated the entire imperial army.
>>
>>64135720
Empire
Clones
>>
>>64137621
Because Mike is the first person to ever notice the symbolism of the opening shot of A New Hope? Are you really this dumb?
>>
>>64137630
thats an auction item from several years ago but nice try.
>>
TFA leaves you with questions, like who Rey really is or what Luke was doing. It feels a little less complete than ANH did. That's really self contained. However it's much better than how Empire ends at a clear halfway point of the luke-vader story. While you have some questions, at least the doomsday weapon got blown up and the good lightsaber beat the bad lightsaber. Did TFA strike a balance between these two extremes?
>>
I want Mike and Jay to take turns fucking my tight pussy! inb4 have some respect for yourself
>>
>>64134529
Uses the word contratian.

Confirmed for a redditor that loces to swallow Shit cock.
>>
>>64137932
I feel they left everything in the air just so people would watch the next movie to learn what follows.
The anon that called TFA the "Marvelization of Star Wars" wasn't wrong in that respect.
>>
>>64137634
I disliked the Ewoks tremendously and I saw the original films before TPM ever came out. In fact, in the scene where an Ewok was killed and his companion started crying, I felt disgust that the scene was so phony and manipulative. Beyond that, an empire capable of building and using machinery to destroy planets being defeated in combat by a bunch of pint-sized teddy bears with rocks, slings, and bows was ridiculous.

Jar Jar played a very big role in TPM and he was irritating as hell: an idiot who's always causing trouble and who accidentally manages to save the day. That works from certain types of movies but not Star Wars movies.

I'm just one of maybe hundreds of people posting here but I am consistent. The only truly good Star Wars films were A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. I'll call those excellent films to put some gradation into the term "good." The Return of the Jedi was an okay film. It might have been a good film had they gotten rid of the Ewoks.

The prequels were ranged from just awful (The Phantom Menace and The Clone Wars) to tolerable (The Revenge of the Sith.)

I haven't seen The Force Awakens Yet so I can't comment.
>>
>>64138192
Sorry to burst your little bubble here, but it's way closer to phantom menace and clone wars than the OT. It stinks, plain and simple.
>>
>>64138192
>Beyond that, an empire capable of building and using machinery to destroy planets being defeated in combat by a bunch of pint-sized teddy bears with rocks, slings, and bows was ridiculous.
>Beyond that, an empire capable of building and using machinery to destroy cities being defeated in combat by a bunch of illiterate desert-dwelling religious fanatics armed with antiquated assault rifles and exploding cellphones was ridiculous.
>>
>>64139130
This.

Guerilla Warfare is highly effective, especially to a large unsuspecting force.
>>
>>64139130
>>64139231
Are people actually this retarded?

Guerillas win by wearing down occupiers until they get so tired they leave. They don't win by fighting directly in the open. That's how they get massacred.
>>
>>64136577
No matter the weight or age, the disingenuousness stays constant.
>>
>>64134801
>magic map to luke
They explained it, I'm sure Luke had a part in creating the map or maybe Leia just had some rebels go on secret missions on planets and narrowed it down to one more.
>yellow yoda
Okay she was not even suppose to be yoda, wasn't even a jedi. I feel like you've only seen gifs and pics
>I HAVE A RED ARM NOW
While it wasn't explained in the movie it was in a pamphlet, it is an arm of one of his fallen comrades.
Was the a critque or what? I don't know what you're trying to say
>Leia's 3 lines
And? She isn't a main character
Do you REALLY think that the empire wasn't suppose to reflect the nazis in the OT? What fucking movies have you been watching?
It's the force.
>yellow yoda
ok
It rhymes
>Mary sue characters
Rey wasn't a mary sue, this has been explained countless times.
>helicopter Luke shot
That was legitimately bad. Like awkward and everything.
Maybe because it's a fucking sequel? Also who is Finn related to?

Yeah it wasn't. Don't know your point here.
>>
>>64139503
>While it wasn't explained in the movie it was in a pamphlet

That is half the problem of this movie in a single sentence right here.
>>
File: 140475545414.png (385 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
140475545414.png
385 KB, 600x600
>>64136801

Eh, not really
>>
>>64135172
>>64135172
ha ha, upvotes are from reddit.com, the other forum site that 4chan is opposed to!
>>
>>64133946
I'm happy I don't shit on popular movies for Internet cool points like this guy.
>>
>>64134331
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5919C8DE6F720A2D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL56E3EB1DFD4B64A2

https://youtu.be/ABcXyZn9xjg
>>
>>64139678
Silly shoop Mike 's body hasn't been like this since before TPM came out
>>
notice how rich said the poetry thing and looked at mike then shruuged his shoulders

then mike excusing it al fanservice

They were paid a lot to like it, which they probably would have anyway, but an extra 25K is a drop in the bucket for disney.
i know they do this, all the youtube bottom feeders in got to see it for free, early, and got merch.
There is very low chance rlm isn't part of the media blitz.
not that this is anything wrong, this is america.
>>
>>64135417
They criticize it because even if they might understand this info that isn't spoonfed to the audience, they state that others might not be able to figure it out and if only some can figure out this information than the movie has failed at its basic job, ESPECIALLY if that movie is something that is made for a wide range of people and ages (which Star Wars totally is).

Why would anybody care about Qui Gon? Or Obi Wan? Or Padme? Or Yoda? Or Mace?
>>
>>64137932
>who Rey really is
She's a scavenger from a desert planet whose mind is clear enough to effectively use the Force with little zen training
>what Luke was doing
He's looking for the "first Jedi temple," whatever the fuck that means
Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.