[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So.... Does this CONFIRM that George Lucas was a genius who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-12-26-18-32-15-1.jpg (485 KB, 1080x1195) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-26-18-32-15-1.jpg
485 KB, 1080x1195
So....

Does this CONFIRM that George Lucas was a genius who planned it all out back in the 70s?
>>
Lucas is not a dumb man in any regard. He just has poor communication skills.
>>
>>64133648
Bump
>>
>>64133669
Why do you people keep pushing this meme? He's an absolute moron.
>>
>>64134033
>planned star wars back then
>moron

L
O
L
>>
Lucas just did a post-TFA interview where he straight up says he had a plan and a plot for eps 7, 8, 9 and was intending to do it until he realized he's just too damn old and doesn't want to give up what might be the last 10 years of his life putting out three more SWs. When he sold the series to Disney it seems like he seriously thought they'd go with his plotline and is annoyed they didn't go with it at all, but doesn't care or have the energy to get worked up about it.
>>
>>64134181
If he was so serious about getting his story made, why didn't he negotiate that into the deal?
>>
>>64134033
maybe I'll give you that he's a shitty artist and untalented, but he's not a moron

get your head out of your ass you delusional fanboy
>>
>>64134301
I don't think you can commission Disney. That's not how it works.

In all serious, I don't know. No one on 4chan was at the negotiation table, we can only guess.
>>
>>64134033

>hasn't seen THX 1138
>>
>>64134484
>I don't think you can commission Disney. That's not how it works.
What? He owned the rights. And then he gave them away. It's his own damn fault if he didn't put in a clause or something saying that they if and when Disney makes new Star Wars movies, they must be based on stories by George Lucas.
>>
>>64133648
No because they threw away his horrible script.
>>
Lucas ruined star wars when he had full reign over his own trilogy. It was his chance to take the franchise for himself and explode the saga into the next cinemtic consciousness.

He fucking blew it and then sold it after realizing he could never do it
>>
>>64134552
aaaaaaaand thats how you get the negotiations to end and sell nothing

disney dont just buy the IP they buy the rights to do whatever they want with the IP
>>
>>64134739
Then Lucas is a fucking retard for crying about it now
>>
>>64134033
This.

Lucas has officially jumped the shark with his "white slavers" bullshit. He really is kind of frightening.
>>
File: whitestkids.png (312 KB, 456x327) Image search: [Google]
whitestkids.png
312 KB, 456x327
THEY HAD ANOTHER DEATH STAR
>>
>>64134033
It's not that he's a moron - he's just not a director. He's an idea man. He came up with the original story for Star Wars, and other people worked with those ideas to better translate them to film. The Episode IV we know today was the result of a serious re-editing done by his wife, and this was after most of Lucas' other ideas were scrapped during production.

Maybe it was due to the fact that original vision was compromised and turned into some bastardized product that he then spent years trying to correct, but George wanted to gain full control of his franchise. And that's when things went off the rails. He surrounded himself with yes-men and people too afraid to challenge him. Just take a look at the "Making of" videos about the prequels. Whenever he comes around, everyone is frozen in fear and lets him run amok on storyboards and character models. It's quite sad.
>>
>>64134597
I wonder if we will ever learn what his original idea for episodes 7 8 and 9 were. Out of sheer curiousity, hopefully it was something more original too if Disney doesn't end up soft rebooting Empire and Jedi too like lazy fucks.
>>
>>64134301
yeah its pretty fucking weird. is he that autistic that he just assumed he'd get to consult? either that or hes dealing w blatant jews who backstabbed him
>>
>>64135052
They probably had a clause where he was allowed to give input to Disney

And he bought into the idea that they'd listen to his input

So he gives input and it gets ignored and he keeps calling and he gets ignored and eventually he figures out they don't want to deal with him

And then he has a cry on tv and calls them white slavers
>>
File: 1451154473998.png (116 KB, 299x272) Image search: [Google]
1451154473998.png
116 KB, 299x272
>>64134915
>Scribbles over story boards with his highlighters
>Real, real, fake, real, real, fake, real
>guy nervously looks at camera
>probably thinks "Yeah we get it George, the backgrounds and cgi characters are fake and the actors are real"
>nobody says anything

>guy uses wood plank to lift Obiwan onto the platform above
>he's giggling like a child
>Lucas walks past
>instantly tries to straighten his face in the most obvious of ways
>Lucas either doesn't notice or doesn't give a fuck

>Jar Jar is the key to all this, he's a funnier character that we have ever seen, hopefully it'll work
>It's like this most epic battle you've ever seen, it's like War and Peace times a thousand
>The Jedis cut them down like they're butter so they really are quite useless
>It's gonna be great(It's gonna be great)
>(Mcullay) is a better actor but there's something about (Lloyd) that's unstudied, I might have to do more takes and merge them to get a performance, let's go with him (everyone around Lucas agrees)
>If I don't say action or cut, just step in and say action or cut
>I may have gone too far in a few places
>It's stylistically designed to be this way and you can't undo that, but we can diminish the effects of it
>Every single shot, every single frame is so dense
>>
I don't post here often I accidentaly clicked on /tv/

I do think he planned for it to pan out this way

maybe I think he got tired of being directly involved and sold to Disney under a contract that they keep certain elements

no idea if im even close to right but I think he isn't stupid
>>
Is his version of the last three episodes going to come out in any form? Like graphic novels or anything? I'm more interested in what he had planned than anything else.
>>
>>64135676
He decided to direct all three prequel films despite not directing anything for three decades with 'complete creative control' and a bunch of yes men, which is now how filmmaking works. It's a collaborative effort as much as Lucas thinks otherwise. you need input from others, you need ideas from others, you need more minds to better understand the strengths and weaknesses of the script, why certain effects would work or not work under different circumstances, input from the actors who actually bring the characters on screen to life and are not just elaborate props that do what Georgie porgie wants.
>>
>>64135830
>which is now how filmmaking works
not*
>>
>>64135704
He did work on a script but he said it didn't work out in the end so it probably didn't progress far enough.

Everyone should just watch the interview. He just sounds tired of the whole thing but at the same time hates that its being done without him. He would rather have it be done his way or not at all.

Calling Disney white slavers was a bit much though lol
>>
[insert clip of Lucas being interviewed and saying "there will not be an episode 7"]
>>
File: actual 10 of 10.jpg (23 KB, 245x321) Image search: [Google]
actual 10 of 10.jpg
23 KB, 245x321
>>64133648
>genius
Ha, it's still all shit.
>>
>>64134301

The better question is if he was serious about the deal why did he feel that the only way was for either direct control or no control at all to be the answer? He could have easily produced the next three star wars films strictly as the guy that runs the business and hired JJ or whoever to make it. The prequels show its guaranteed money, even if its shit.
>>
Hes a bit like Dan Aykroyd to me.
Great ideas that need to be adapted by people who know how to do a movie.
Aykroyd had Ramis and Landis with Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters and thats why they were goat.
>>
Hes a bit like Dan Aykroyd to me.
Great ideas that need to be adapted by people who know how to do a movie.
Aykroyd had Ramis and Landis with Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters and thats why they were goat.
>>
>>64135889
link?
>>
What is a white slaver? What does he mean by this insult? I'm confused here lads...
>>
Someone post that transcript of him and Kasdan talking about the prequels in 1981
>>
>>64136023
Lucas is an out of touch man who is full of white guilt because of black slaves decades ago. During his interview with Oprah about his movie Red Tails he kept going on and on about how everyone is racist, hollywood is racist because nobody wanted to help him make and distribute the movie, and everyone else is racist cause they had no interest in the movie. He thinks people refused to go see it just because it had black people in it.

He's probably still salty about the whole ordeal which is why he called disney white slavers.
>>
>>64135988
Latest ep on charlierose.com
>>
>>64136285
I didn't watch the latest cuck wars because of the nigger
>>
We should be grateful that Lucas didn't have technology when he made the original trilogy. When your forced to do physical work on models, costume, etc. you have time to perfect the details, and question your own art. When you use CGI you can throw a character in the background with little thought and attention. It so sad watching the behind the scenes of the prequels, no set pieces, just a blue screen...
>>
>>64136467
epic
>>
>>64135601
>>64134915
Thanks for the Reddit Letter Media recap. Form your own opinions you morons. The prequels weren't all that bad, and they were a million times better than TFA.
>>
>>64137081
>the prequels are suddenly good and are better than TFA meme
Form your own shitposts you moron.
>>
>>64136352
20 minutes in and i'm bored out of my mind. When does he start talking about disney and what he thinks about TFA?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.