[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I never tip.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 21
>I never tip.
>>
He's right tho tbhfam
>>
Only black people don't tip.
>>
Is it bad I never do at the bar?

Like all you did was grab a beer from the cooler and open it for me, and I am not wasting money that could buy me another drink later.
>>
Servers are scum.

Fuck your tip subhuman.
>>
>>64133489
You mean Canadians.
>>
>>64133578
There's a reason we call them maple niggers.
>>
>>64133508

The point of tipping at a bar is to continue getting good service. If you don't tip at a bar, bartenders will very often pass you up and ignore you to serve other customers for several minutes.
>>
>>64133508
I'll tip if I'm ordering multiple drinks.
>>
the only thing I tip is a fedora
>>
>tfw european and don't use a derelict unfair system that primarily fucks over the very waiters themselves
>>
>>64133508
I don't tip for poor service. I didn't tip for this cunt who thought she would get one because everyone else did because of her looks.
>>
>>64133399
Waiters/Waitresses only gets paid 2.50 an hour.

take that into account.
>>
>>64133508
>going out
>ever

I hope somebody glasses you, queer.
>>
>>64133608
Literally this, if you're a regular somewhere tipping is a must unless you want watered down drinks
>>
>>64133596
You misunderstand me. In the restaurant I worked at, and other people I knew who worked at restaurants, we called black people "Canadians". It's a more subtle way of saying that you're not getting tipped because the table is black.
>>
>>64133656
inb4 get a better job
>>
>>64133701
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Fuck off turd.
>>
>>64133656
No employee in the US legally makes less than $7.25 an hour.
>>
>>64133688
We always called them "Celebrities"
>>
>>64133656
The only reason for that is because people tip, if you do tip then you are part of the problem.
>>
>>64133608
>if you don't give me extra money, expect shitty service
>>
>>64133662
Normal people would think this website is bizarre world considering how normal behavior is insulted and your beta level determines how cool you are here
>>
File: 1449272992902.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1449272992902.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>64133788
If you're really this uninformed about a subject you really shouldn't take about the subject. You just end up looking like a retard.
>>
>>64133788
>I have never worked as waitstaff: the post

Although you're technically correct, because if they don't make enough tips, the restaurant has to make up the difference.
>>
>>64133810
we just call them niggers and gratuity them
>>
>>64133608

Isn't that part of the job description though? How fucked up is it that bad service is ever an acceptable outcome?

>>64133668

How has the consumer been so brainwashed to think that good service is a privilege?

>>64133656

No they don't. They get paid minumum wage. They only get payed 2.50 if they make over minimum wage with tip.
>>
>>64133788
>waiters...
>>
>>64133815

Pretty much. No tip, then these low-class workers will do the absolute bare minimum.
>>
>>64133688

Ahahah that's great and everything, but you've never met Israeli.
It's not even a /pol/ thing, I'm actually Jewish, but we all fucking hate Israelis.
I remember once one tried to take tap water and a lemon and sugar so he could make free lemonade.

I was so fucking shocked my manager had to interrupt him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
>>
>>64133788

you are legally retarded mate

waiters are paid a wage that is lower than minimum wage based on the consideration that they will make tips
>>
>>64133848
How do you grat them? I've never seen a black table with more than 4 people. Been a while since I waited, though. Now my relationship with black people is different.
>>
>>64133828
If people want to associate being right with being retarded, I can't stop that. What I can do is try to educate those people.
>>
well he is a jew afterall
>>
>>64133847

Then how is that a problem? They get paid minimum wage plus bonus. They are always making more money than some other poor wageslave who is working just as hard if not harder.

>>64133866
>>64133815

Which is completely fucked on so many levels. Its why I have zero respect for waiters and waitresses who are so entitled that they think they deserve a tip before doing their job well instead of just doing their job well.
>>
>>64133822
I'm far more alpha than your compensating homofuck ass will ever be.
Go clean the shit out of your trousers, son.
>>
>>64133922

first off I would say a serving job at a busy restaurant is probably harder/more stressful than any other minimum wage job out there so you should shut it
>>
>>64133922
>Which is completely fucked

>They make minimum wage
>They should make more than minimum effort

How does that make any sense?
>>
>>64133887
But that should be illegal. What the fuck is wrong with America? Land of opportunity my fucking ass
>>
>>64133973
It's illegal for them to make less than the state's minimum wage. What more do you want?
>>
>>64133973
You can be a 3rd world dictatorship and get away with it if you have an excellent propaganda machine.
Remember kids, wanting your fair share is communism. Make sure to report anyone who propagates such dangerous ideas.
>>
>>64133668

But what if all I get is a bottle of beer where all they do is twist off the top and hand it to me?
>>
>>64133850
>>>64133608
>Isn't that part of the job description though? How fucked up is it that bad service is ever an acceptable outcome?
>>>64133668
>How has the consumer been so brainwashed to think that good service is a privilege?

Any server worth their salt is going to give you the best service they can regardless. But in the case of bars and restaurants, if it gets super busy, it is not physically possible to give 100% to every customer. Guess who they decide to take care of?

>>>64133656
>No they don't. They get paid minumum wage. They only get payed 2.50 if they make over minimum wage with tip.

Depends on where you work.

>>64133890
They usually have too many offspring, and some places go 5+ (like mine). Hell, I've been to Chinese places that are so busy they go 4+ off the bat, since they know their service is shit but their food is good.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 478x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 478x504
>Restaurant owners pay servers a fraction of the already laughable minimum wage
>Customers are expected to make up the difference through tipping
>Autistic right-wingers see this as a form of extortion
>Take it out on the overworked, underpaid workers rather than the people who created and maintain this system

Americans WILL defend this.
>>
>>64133956

Minimum wage has never meant minimum effort unless you're a teenage who doesn't understand the value of money. Thats what servers are, glorified teens at their first mcjob that think that because they aren't being paid a lot of money, they don't have to put in a lot of effort.

Why does your paycheck determine how much effort you put into your job? You should always do your best, especially in the service industry. I worked in retail and I always worked hard despite minimum wage because it was my JOB. I was being paid to do something and no matter how small, if you're taking someone's money you owe it to them to at least give a damn.
>>
i avoid the whole tipping issue by not living in a country with retarded as fuck cultural conventions about giving up more money than you're supposed to
>>
>>64134128
It is quite literally a form of extortion. You have to pay extra for what should be normal service. Of course, if everyone stopped doing it, changes would have to happen, but Amerifats have literally been conned into thinking tipping is some show of virtue.
>>
>>64133950
You've obviously never done blue collar work in your life, you sheltered, upper middle class child.
>>
>>64133608
Isn't that literally bribery though
>>
>>64134212
No such place.
>>
>>64134290
it's called literally anywhere but america
>>
>>64134182
>Why does your paycheck determine how much effort you put into your job? You should always do your best, especially in the service industry. I worked in retail and I always worked hard despite minimum wage because it was my JOB.
This senpai.
It's why employers are outsourcing to mexicans and pooloo niggers.
>>
>>64133950

>harder/more stressful than any other minimum wage job

Bitch please, you've never done factory work or worked hard a day in your life.

>so you should shut it
That's normie speak. We got us a normie
>>
>>64133973
It is illegal, which is why the employer has to make up the difference if the waiter doesn't receive tips.

So didn't listen to their whiny, entitled bullshit about how they make less than minimum wage. They don't.
>>
>>64133879
ahahaha
>>
I never tip per se, but I hate having change in my pockets more than anything,and since beer cost like 8.50$ I always pay 10$
>>
>>64134233
Most of those guys have unions and make better than minimum wage, unless you're mexican
>>
why are americans so fucking disgusting and stupid?
>>
>>64133399

>american "culture"
>>
File: Bl7rVw1CYAALFNI.jpg (33 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Bl7rVw1CYAALFNI.jpg
33 KB, 480x640
>>64133399
>I never tip.
>>
>someone makes an anti-tipping thread
>waiters, waitresses and busboys come flooding in with their reddit and tumblr speak

smfh tbph familiars
>>
>>64134182
This. I've worked hard labour jobs for minimum wage and always performed well. I'd love to see these whiny McFaggots actually have to put in a hard day's work where doing a good job means you get to come back tomorrow and doing a bad job means you get told to fuck off.
>>
>>64134128
Not tipping the workers hurts the crooked owners, as they are the ones who have to make up the difference and pay their employees a fair wage.
>>
>>64134336

It would literally have to be government mandated that servers make at least the same minimum wage as other jobs, and then overnight people would have to get paid, and underthetable joints would follow suit because no one thinks they should tip unless they're nice
>>
>live in australia as a delivery driver
>murican as fuck culture but with sensible laws
>get paid well above minimum wage for my job
>still get tips because people are retarded

sweet
>>
>>64134473
Funny how they're always crying poor in tipping threads, but elsewhere they're always bragging about how much extra money they make for such little effort.
>>
>>64133828
>>64133887
Only retards here are you two.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm

>If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct (or cash) wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the minimum hourly wage of $7.25 per hour, the employer must make up the difference.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 1080x1002) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 1080x1002
>>64133399
Is this Tarantinos Magnum Opus?
It's been more than 20 years and this scene still rustles everyone's jimmies
>>
File: image.png (866 KB, 750x741) Image search: [Google]
image.png
866 KB, 750x741
>tfw black
>tfw I earn 100k a year
>tfw I still dont tip
Wageslaves BTFO
>>
>>64134640

>employers have to pay min wage by law
>americucks still fall for the tipping meme and let the jewish employers get away with paying third world tier wages

When did everything go so wrong?
>>
>>64134776

I'm glad the rest of your race is literally in the gutter. It makes me happy tobehonestfam
>>
>>64134776
Tipping was meant for white white waitresses and delivery boys.
Not niggers
>>
>>64133399
The "tip" thing has always been baffling to me.

Youre doing your job, and getting paid to do so. So why do I need to literally ADD to your paycheque JUST so I can receive "better service" when you should be giving it your fucking all in the first place?

Construction workers, customer service reps, fastfood workers work harder and go through MUCH more shitty people that fucking waitresses.But they dont get tips.

Its just a scam. Throw a sign up that says "tips are welcome" and people will feel bad if they dont tip
>>
File: image.png (605 KB, 550x713) Image search: [Google]
image.png
605 KB, 550x713
>>64134795
>>64134824
>Being this mad.
>>
I'm a tipper when my waitperson does a great job. I'm a more generous tipper when my waitperson goes the extra extra mile. I have no qualms rewarding someone for great service.
But one thing that annoys the fuck out of me is this fucking excuse some of you people dole out that "Waitstaff only make $2.50 an hour, and rely on tips to make a decent wage.".
It's pure bullshit.
Yes they make $2.50 an hour plus tips, BUT if for whatever reason they don't meet the expected amount of earnings, then they are paid up to Minimum Wage.
If you do 2 hours at 2.50, and get no tips, your base wage is $50.
If you were paid Minimum wage. your earnings would be $145.
Therefore your tipped wage falls short, and your employer is required to make up the$95 difference. So in the end, you are making the full $145.00 due to you by federal and state laws.
In fact in some states, The Minimum, and tipped wage is the same.
There is absolutely NO WAY you will bring home less than the mandated minimum wage for your hours works. You either get the difference in tips (or hopefully you're a good waitperson and you get more in tips) or by your employer making up the difference. If for some reason they are NOT making up the difference, then it's your job to report them and have the Labor Department step in, because they are breaking the law.

So don't try to gain sympathy to your argument by laying out a bunch of bullshit about "Oh we only make pennies, so you have to make up for it."
>>
>>64134603
Same way with how in tipping threads they always bring up asshole customers who treated them like a cumrag and then gave them a nickle tip, arguing that everyone else should tip more to make up for that customer being a complete asshole, while elsewhere they laugh and brag about getting rich off of gullible bastards giving them holiday tips and how they still spit in their food because they didn't prostrate themselves at the waitstaff's feet.
>>
>>64133399
Why don't we tip fast food people?
Their jobs seem way more hectic
>>
>>64134567
>Not tipping the workers hurts the crooked owners, as they are the ones who have to make up the difference and pay their employees a fair wage.
So?
It's their responsibility to do that anyway.
>>
>people actually tip in the year 2015
loving
every
laff
>>
I used to tip.
>>
>>64134912
>literally said I was happy
>niggers still can't read
>>
>people who think customers should be forced to make up employers shortcutting paychecks

You tip when someone delivers something to your door (gas fees are rough) or someone goes out of their way to do something really inconvenient for you while doing their job. That's it.
>>
>>64134992
Because they are only putting food in a bag/on a tray and handing it to you. Wait staff and bartenders are literally your slaves as long as you're in a seat
>>
I actually agree 100% with Mr. Pink, desu. It's not the tipping that bugs me, per se, it's the obligation that you have to just for the person doing their job.

There are other service industry jobs that are much harder and they don't get tipped. Do you tip the janitors that keep the shit paper stocked? The guy who pumps your gas? No. But because someone brings you a fucking bagel, you're supposed to give them a percentage? Fuck that. The best you're getting is the rounded-off change.
>>
>>64135061

>gas fees

I doubt that comes out of pocket.
>>
>>64134931
>b-b-but how will I survive on minimum wage?? I've been dealing with people all day and my feet hurt I deserve a higher wage. ;_;

To be serious, however, I've actually had discussions with waiters where they claimed that the boss would just fire you before giving you the minimum wage required by law, and since you're a waiter you're too poor to take legal action because the restaurant owner is some kind of millionaire capable of hiring the best lawyers and bribing city hall to walk off scott free. Or they couldn't afford losing the job because the owner would blackball them at all other establishments in the tiny shithole of a town they lived in, and so they just accepted getting less than minimum wage the (numerous, according to all waiters) times they've been left with not a single tip thanks to everyone being assholes to old poor them.
>>
>>64135213
Don't underestimate American Business Jewery.
>>
>>64135213
In a lot of places it does, particularly smaller pizza/food joints. I don't go out of my way to give them anything, but if I have a dollar or something in change I'll give it to the poor schmuck.
>>
>>64133399
>The only professional on the crew (white's a fuckup)
>doesn't want to pay people bonus cash just for doing their job adequately
It's good characterization /tv/ and you know it.
>>
>>64134097
They'll make sure you end up being the last person served
>>
>>64135277

Tell them bullshit. It doesn't take legal action, just a simple phonecall to department of labor. "City Hall" my ass. They're just blowing smoke.
>>
>>64133608
>>64133668
Thank god I don't live in America with its retarded tipping culture
>>
>>64135338

Ah, the old 'in some places it does!'

If it happens, the employer is fucking you. And you're letting him.
>>
>>64135377
That's what I said before they brought out the part about not being able to afford to lose the slavery job that's not even paying them a living wage, according to their own tales of being a poor waiter.
>>
Is it true that stores in America displays the cost of items BEFORE tax, so you have to do a bunch of extra mental calculations to get what you're actually paying for the item?

That's way weirder than the tipping, to me. There's literally no good reason except to fool people into buying more.
>>
>>64133788
There are lots of jobs not covered by minimum wage. Teachers aides and subs in my town make around $6/hr
>>
>>64135782

There are exemptions. Employers are required to hang a poster displaying the DOL's guidelines. I forget what they are offhand, but I know golf caddies aren't required to make min. wage for some reason.

>>64135633

It's true. It is kinda weird. What's more weird is not everything is taxed. Like food isn't, but soda is.
>>
>>64135978
Golf caddies make good tips, I would imagine
>>
File: 1424322213751.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1424322213751.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>64133608
>Amerifats are so fucking greedy you have to give them more money just to get basic service
>>
>>64135978
>golf caddies aren't required to make min. wage for some reason.
>for some reason

Because it's a stupid fucking job that's entirely unneeded in the world but which gets used by rich people, and so caddies probably have an above-average pay for doing fuck-all with their life thanks to richfags giving them a huge tip after they gave them the right advice on what club to use?

They're like a more useless bellhop.
>>
>>64136035

Probably, but if they don't, they're not legally entitled to have the difference made up.
>>
>>64135633
>to fool people into buying more

Literally how most business operate
>>
>>64133508
>goes to a bar
>orders bottled beer
Fucking pleb
>>
>>64136100
I always saw them as more of an "apprentice" or just basic upper class nepotism. Get your teenage son a cushy job caddying for your friends, they give him hella bucks
>>
>>64136155
Yeah, but most times they at least try to mask it, and it usually involves making things a lot more convenient for the customer so they WANT to spend more.
>>
>americucks are so controlled by jews that they're forced to give money away for nothing so businesses don't have to fairly pay their staff

Don't forget they've introduced cock mutilation too, which you as an Amerifat reading this post likely have.
>>
>>64136199
it is masked. Most people forget tax exists. That's why .99 is still a thingat most places. Even if you know for a fact that 4.99 us essentially 5.00, it subconsciously makes you underestimate the cost.

Taxes are the same way. I know a 4.99 item is really 5.00 + 10% tax, which is 5.50, but it screws with you when estimating total cost
>>
>auteurs only
>>
>>64133656
>tfw I make more in an hour than an american does in a day
Feels good man
>>
>>64134698
reservoir dogs is easily his magnum opus
>>
>>64136279
I meant masking as in making it seem like it's for your benefit. Like having music on that's really encouraging you to buy and shady shit like that.

And can you really forget that it exists when you end up paying more than you expected EVERY time you go to the store?
>>
>>64136395

Like I said, I fully know there is a tax afterwards, and how much it is. If I want to know the total exactly, I'll figure it out in my head before reaching the register. But it has a subconcious effect that you have to actively remind yourself of. Most people, also, are shitty at math.
>>
>>64133399
Americans created a necessity out of a luxury, then expected the rest of the world to follow along with a culture that should never have existed in the first place
>>
>>64136490
Another thing thay screws it up is taxes can be different. Groceries and nongroceries get different tax rates here. Big purchases like cars, obviously, also have a different rate. Tobacco and Alcohol throws a whole monkey wrench into there.

I think the biggest thing would be even if the seller "ate" the tax and displayed the true price, others would display a cheaper untaxed price and still surprise you with it trying to fake undercut you. Like Amazon sellers who look like a steal until you see the 15 dollar shipping. It's simply an underhanded tactic and no one wants to lose sales because they're being honest and everyone else is mildly shady
>>
tl;dr tipping is fucking bullshit and servers should just be paid minimum wage like everyone else
>>
How to tip at the bar for canadabros:
Carry nickels/quarters with you when you go out. When you order and pay for your drink, and you get your change in loonies/toonies and shit, just throw a couple nickels in there as hes not looking and he'll say thanks

its what i do all the time fuck those niggerlovers should have gotten a real job
>>
>>64133399
No shit, /v/irgin. What else is new?
>>
>I never tip
sounds more like "I'm always a douchebag"
>>
>>64133608

>I won't do my job I'm paid to do unless you as a customer also pay me incentive.
>>
File: 1450409536653.png (465 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1450409536653.png
465 KB, 600x580
>>64133399

>be american
>get shot
>tip the waambulance 100k just to drive you to the hospital
>>
>>64136761

Do yuropoors really not do this? Tipping the people who save your life is mandatory. I also tip my nurses.
>>
>>64135277
Yeah. More "poor me" bullshit.
A simple call to the Labor Board is all they have to do.
If it's so rough for them, find something else, or fight back. But stop with the goddamn bullshit lies.
>>
File: 1450464315580.jpg (25 KB, 232x345) Image search: [Google]
1450464315580.jpg
25 KB, 232x345
>>64136798
>>
>>64135782
>There are lots of jobs not covered by minimum wage
But waitstaffers are. So your point is irrelevant. Stop trying to shift the focus off the topic.
>>
>>64136798
>I also tip my nurses.

That's just common sense, so the nurse won't skip over you and give you happy sponge baths.
>>
File: 1450931087337.jpg (52 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1450931087337.jpg
52 KB, 512x512
>>64133399
>pizza delivery guy
>tfw sticking ur finger up ur ass and fucking with the pizza of regular non-tippers as well as sneezing and coughing
>>
>>64136965
>nonpizza delivery guy
>take detours when delivering to nontippers
>literally go to a store and browse, chill with bros for a sec, play some mobile games
>then drive like a maniac so their order flips all over the place
>drop the bag at their feet
>tell them to fetch like a good doggie.
>>
File: 1444180664432.jpg (45 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1444180664432.jpg
45 KB, 620x670
>>64136798
>>64136965
>Tipping nurses
>Tipping deliverymen
Is this satire? Are Americans really this fucking poor?
>>
>>64137040
>being able to give a bit of extra money to hard working people who tend to your needs
>poor

k
>>
File: sweatinggentleman.png (298 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
sweatinggentleman.png
298 KB, 2271x2380
tfw cops won't respond quickly if you didn't tip them good last time.
This is why we all need guns for protection
>>
File: 1442220323709.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
1442220323709.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>>64137104
>Transporting food you didn't cook a few ks
>Performing unskilled hospital labor like wiping asses
>Hard working
No, you don't deserve a cent extra senpai
>>
>>64135387
Right... much better to be poor because your customers are greedy fucks. Then again I don't know what else to expect from a Muslim country like yours
>>
>>64137198
>food you didnt cook

not always true
>>
>>64136952
I don't give a fuck about the topic, I was replying to the faggot that says no one in the us makes under $7.25
>>
File: 1450623972772.png (27 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1450623972772.png
27 KB, 499x499
>>64136965
>>64137024
this 2bh. it's a good feel senpai
>>
>>64137173
>tfw your nan died from smoke inhalation because she couldn't find her purse quick enough and the fireman thought she was trying to stiff him on his tips

I always told her to keep a jar of tip-money by the door for such occasions, but she wouldn't listen. ;_;
>>
>>64136761
>>64134894
>>64134228
Mr. Pink is a hypocritical jagoff.He's so rich, he can't afford to tip? What does he buy with all that stolen swag, bicycles for street kids? I don't think so.Hearing a professional thief bloviate about "self-reliance" is about as believeable as Bernie Saunders' economic platform. I tip BECAUSE I'm richer than any Europoor on this board, who couldn't tip if they wanted to. Also it gives me the warm fuzzies when I tip more than Bernie Saunders does, which is ZERO.
>>
>>64135782
I was a teachers aide. $30/hr in the summer, $6.50/hr during the year. I dont get it.
>>
Is Hateful Eight any good?
>>
>>64136965
>>64137024
Americans: Lazy niggers of the working world.
>>
>be a waiter
>serve 2 tables in an hour
>each tips $5
>that's $10
>plus 2.50 or whatever from restaurant
>$12.50/hr
>on a slow day

Sounds good to me where do I sign up
>>
>>64137507
ironically it's almost only niggers that don't tip in america
>>
i tipped my friendly elderly chinese pizza man $7 bucks on a $15 pizza today because i figured its the holidays
he seemed so happy, he said thank you like 10 times
>>
>>64137198
>nurses
>all they do is wipe asses
You obviously are very ignorant about nurses and the jobs they do. FYI the thing about tipping nurses is a joke.
>>
>>64137024
That's ok. If my food comes looking like shit, I'll call your manager and demand a new order, or I'll walk into the shop the next day and talk to him/her personally.
I'll also hawk a loogie, or wipe some cat shit on the food, ad show it to them, saying it came that way.
I've gotten lots of little shits like you fired on the spot, and I laugh at you as you do the walk of shame out the door.
Then enjoy my 2 or 3 free meals that I personally watch the manager make for me.
>>
>>64137748
>tfw i literally work at a place where I'm practically a manager, and can shrug my shoulders and at best offer a free can of coke and tell them to fuck off and never order again if they dont like it

>>64137507
Yeah because people are only vindictive in America
>>
File: 1285043853224.jpg (101 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
1285043853224.jpg
101 KB, 283x424
>>64137283
So you're just a raging autist then.
Gotcha, Chrissy.
>>
>>64137524
>each tips 5 dollars

literally only in bourgeois neighborhoods, and you need to actually be good to work there. anywhere else you deal with indians, pilipinos, indians/pakis, and blackies who wouldnt know how to tip if you literally showed em
>>
>>64137806
>I'm practically a manager
You wear a tie and flip burgers big fucking deal. I know who signs your checks. I'll go right to the top if I have to. Or better yet, local media.
We live in a small town There's always a need for filler news. Imagine turning on your TV and seeing a news story about "customer finds feces in food at local restaurant".
You wouldn't be there long after that.

also;
>I'm a delivery driver
>I'm the manager
Pick one, you lying faggot.
>>
>>64137524
oh you poor naive child
*pats on head*
>>
OY I'LL GIVE YA A FOOKIN TIP M8

*unzips dick*
>>
>>64137969
I said practically. I do the job for em, but that's bot my title. Nobody knows who signs my checks, because I don't get any and they're never around anyways. I get paid cash and there is no one around willing to take this job (because it requires exactly one thing that most dont have), so they couldnt get a hold of em if they try, and there is no "media".We are a close suburb of a large city, and shitty looking food doesnt mean shit as long as it's edible, and neither does "slow delivery."

So feel free to make someone's shitty life already shitty, and the even further shittier, but I'll be ok because 99% of the people love me, since I also function as a server amd I'm great unless you're an asshole, in which case I'm passive aggressive as shit.

>inb4 get a better job if you're so good
I'm applying
>>
>>64137695
>FYI the thing about tipping nurses is a joke.

Which is kind of weird, really. If there's anyone I'd tip it's the person taking care of me while I'm so sick I need to stay in a hospital, not the person bringing me a plate from across the room.

Pillow-fluffing and bringing some extra jell-O should totally get you a tip, if we're going to embrace the tipping culture.
>>
>>64137198
>Unskilled labor can never be physically taxing.

When will this meme die?
>>
>>64135338
You should be tipping regardless if you're too much of a lazy fuck to get your own food. You're literally asking someone to do something for you that most of the time there's no reason you can't just do yourself. If that doesn't deserve payment, what does
>>
>>64138121

>if we're willing to embrace the tipping culture

That's the thing: we aren't. We only put up with it (givers and receivers) because it's the lay of the land and it would take an official coordinated shake up to change it.
>>
>>64138134

If you dont think knowing how to deal with people perfectly is a skill, you're wrong.You think CEOs make tons of money because of "skill"? It's primarily because you know how to manipulate people to give your company more money. Being a server is similar but on a smaller level. You manipulate them into not chewing you out, since you're the first defense between customers and the kitchen
>>
>>64137024
>wasting all this time

Just relegate their order to the end of your current run and keep moving, are you trying to not make money
>>
>>64136161
I bet you order some fruity sweet drink that takes 5 minutes holding up the line huh, faggot?
>>
>>64138274
slow hours desu.

Definitely correct during busy times, I'm just giving the the most extreme example with some rhetoric
>>
>>>878380
>Average amerifat
>>
>>64138312
True I guess. But I work for Papa John's, and they have a fancy system that knows exactly how long you're out and pays you less on the road than in the store, so I don't do that regardless
>>
>>64137838
> complaining about staying on topic on 4chan
> calling other people autistic
>>
>>64138369
Oh I bet. I heard Papa John's is a bitch. I never buy from their
>>
>>64137461
Its great
>>
>>64138418
They're super fucking expensive, like 90% of sales involve some kind of deal because that's the only PJ's is even remotely worth the price. I work at one of the busiest stores in the company though, last summer I was making $2500/month working five days (about 32 hours). Seems like absolute best case scenario. Even now I work on just football sundays and haven't made under $120 before paycheck
>>
File: rickles-template.jpg (766 KB, 1118x1044) Image search: [Google]
rickles-template.jpg
766 KB, 1118x1044
>>64138110
>>
File: prep h.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
prep h.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>>64138393
Truth hurts, Sugar Blumpkin. Here take this it might relieve some of that asspain you're suffering.
>>
>>64136161
this.
If you're actually at a bar you should get something on tap, this is common sense, it's objectively better than bottles or cans.
>>
>>64139319
Usually cheaper too (unless it's specials) because they get those kegs cheap as fuck compared to bottles
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmsjNpJZi-0

automated restaurants when?
>>
>>64137234
A minimum wage that you can live on is what you should expect literally everywhere
>>
>>64140447
>having the grinding noise of a conveyor belt right next to your ear while eating
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.