[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Max Beats Star Wars Hands Down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Mad-Max-Fury-Road.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1057) Image search: [Google]
Mad-Max-Fury-Road.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1057
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is far inferior to and much less entertaining than this year's ultimate genre movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.

>more evocative and consistent portrayal of a desert wasteland setting, and more detailed aesthetic design overall
>amazingly fast-paced, yet never misses a story beat or plot development, unlike J.J. "Handwave" Abrams
>cooler in-universe mythology that actually feels like it developed organically and is pervasive
>far superior redemption arc (Nux and Max vs. Finn)
>far superior female lead and supporting characters who are more grounded in the universe they inhabit, more convincing in their motivations, and evolve much more believably/emotionally on screen
>better score
>better acting
>better effects
>not saturated with cynical, empty call-outs and references to previous movies in the franchise that made it beloved among fans

Protip: You can't.

What a lovely day.
>>
both are reddit the movie
>>
>>64132675

Was there a non-reddit action/adventure movie this year?

Is there such a thing?
>>
>>64132675

>
>>
>>64132659
i agree, though to be fair to star wars, they apparently junked the script and didn't give a whole lot of time to do a rewrite. mad max had decades of refinement behind it, and it showed.
>>
>>64132774
Are there women in the movie?
If so,did you like it?
If so,hello Reddit
>>
>>64133614

Yeah, I remember that the original concept would've been much better.
>>
>>64133722

This seems like a reddit thing to say.
>>
>>64133881
At least i got dubs,Reddit
>>
>>64134007

You failed Reddit.
>>
Yeah this and Ex Machina were my favorite movies of this year. TFA was mediocre at best.
>>
>>64132659
I still haven't seen it.
Probably should.

>cooler in-universe mythology that actually feels like it developed organically and is pervasive
I find this hard to believe though.
>>
>>64134085

I haven't seen Ex Machina yet. Which is Isaac's better role?
>>
>>64134120

>I find this hard to believe though.
Forget for a moment all of the stuff that was written about in peripheral Star Wars media--much of which isn't canon now anyway. Think about what you actually see in TFA.

>The Force, all of it, it's real.
Wow, thanks for reminding us of shit we witnessed a million times over in OT rewatches, Han!
>Vader's helmet
Vader's helmet!!!1!
>Montage when Rey picks up Luke's saber
Shitty rehash of material from previous movies, or plot points yet to unfold.

There was no deeper investigation of the importance of the Jedi Order and the Sith. Barely a whisper of the Empire. Nothing about Endor.

The religious and symbolic fanaticism that is established in Fury Road is much more interesting. You'll see.
>>
Both are globalist propaganda made to further castrate western audiences. Fuck off OP.
>>
>>64135660

I didn't feel "castrated" at all after watching this. Please explain, /pol/.
>>
>>64132659

No story -- Driving from Point A to Point B and back again is not a story, it's a road trip

No cool new characters -- No characters even close to the cool characters in 1 & 2

Charlize was wasted

Bane was a horrible Max

Max is a secondary character in his own movie

Nux going from Bad Guy to Good Guy was totally illogical and out of character for him

The 5 wives were all boring actresses and characters who contributed almost nothing

The storm with the sea of tornadoes was ripped off from "Damnation Alley" and has no precedent in the Mad Max world

The whole movie is a lazy, weak, blatant rip-off of Road Warrior

The ending was dreadful -- Joe dead, so automatically everyone hails Furiosa???

Horrible dialog

Horrible sound mixing

The feminist SJW agenda shoved down the audience's throat was sickening -- men are BAD and men the root of all that's wrong in the world, while the poor womyn who are oppressed are all the saviors
>>
File: 1256629927943.jpg (18 KB, 348x523) Image search: [Google]
1256629927943.jpg
18 KB, 348x523
>>64132659

>My opinion!!!!! Waaaaah my opinion!!!!!

>Waaaaaaaaah why don't you agree with my opinion?!?!?!
>>
>>64136835

To be fair, all of those points apply to episode 7.
>>
>>64135660
>>64135841
This'll be good.
>>
>>64136835
>No cool new characters
People love Immortan Joe, Furiousa, Nux, Rictus Erectus and the Doof Warrior.
>Nux going from Bad Guy to Good Guy was totally illogical and out of character for him
No it isn't. Max, Furiousa and the Wives taught him they he doesn't have to follow Immortan Joe.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.