[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The lengths that some of you are going to try and defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: SW7.jpg (2 MB, 2025x3000) Image search: [Google]
SW7.jpg
2 MB, 2025x3000
The lengths that some of you are going to try and defend this movie is rather pathetic. Good movies don't need the viewer to take leaps of faith to explain character development nor does it completely rip off a previous film like this pile of shit does. It's just not a good movie and that's not ok but move on with your lives.

I mean
Do some of you guys legitimately think that Rey is as memorable and iconic of a protagonist as Luke Skywalker is?

Or that utilizing a Death Star storyline for the 3rd time is a good idea?

Start voicing the negatives of the film loudly and hopefully we can get Disney to hear our complaints and make the next one better. What improvements can be made to make 8 a great film?
>>
>What improvements can be made to make 8 a great film?

Ignore neckbeards on /tv/ who honestly and unironically defend the prequels
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3692x2583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3692x2583
>>64131501
You posted it again, good work!
>>
>>64131538
Thanks mobile poster!
>>
>>64131554
You're welcome.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (400 KB, 900x515) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
400 KB, 900x515
>>64131501
>episode 8
>any chance of being a great film

Nope, abandon the main series and follow the only good part of episode 7.
>>
The reviewer for both the BBC and the Guardian called it better than the original trilogy. I think I happen to agree.
>>
>>64131536

hello reddit
>>
since the majority enjoyd the movie, disney wont care
this is what people want now a days, strong womyn and evil white guys
>>
>>64131597
>BBC
>Guardian

SJW propaganda sites
>>
>>64131587

This to be quite honest family. I have a major hardon for Poe
>>
Great film, produced some great threads. Reminds me of 'Nam.
>>
Honestly the amazing athiest is the biggest shill to this movie i have ever seen. I watch thr drubken peasant podcast and they jump to defend this movie so much and take so many leaps to defend this movie it annoyed me.
>>
It's impossible. They'll try and force something as good as ESB and fail so fucking badly /tv/ will spend a year trying to justify how much of a fucking mess Star Wars has become.

'I am your father' was the absolute peak of Star Wars. It was its greatest moment but also the cause of all its problems. If Lucas had never come up with that twist, we wouldn't have the prequels, or sequels. Star Wars would have remained a trilogy. Most importantly, we wouldn't have shit threads like these.
>>
File: 1373461525059.png (147 KB, 231x308) Image search: [Google]
1373461525059.png
147 KB, 231x308
>>64131857
>You will never fly on his Wing in attack position
Why even live.
>>
>Why isn't Rey as memorable as the guy whose movies I had in VHS and watched every day growing up?

top lel
>>
>What improvements can be made to make 8 a great film?

Make Kylo Ren go beserk after his dark lord calls him a piece of shit Sith not worth his weight in the resources wasted on the Star Killer.

Have the first order send a new Sith Lord specifically after Kylo.
>>
I think you read the situation wrong op. Most people loved this movie. People who, for any reason, didn't like it are going to great lengths to critizase it. Some are even comparing it to the utter shit the prequels were. That alone should show that their hate is rooted on ideological reason rather than filmic. Most of the world, who liked the movie, just chill and doesnt care
>>
>>64134501
It literally is the Phantom Pain of the franchise kek
>>
>>64131597
Well that's objectively wrong.
>>
>>64132492
Man I still get chills when I watch that moment even today. There are so many iconic moments in those films. I wish it had remained just that a trilogy. Then we wouldn't have this pandering trash like SW 7
>>
>>64134501
Not at all. Look all over the internet outside of propaganda sites. They all hate it due to it completely ripping off A New Hope and for it's shit writing of characters. Not to mention giving the best characters the least amount of screen time.
>>
File: 1 (1232).jpg (69 KB, 836x549) Image search: [Google]
1 (1232).jpg
69 KB, 836x549
>Kylo is a massive wuss that has a hard on for Vader that is entirely based in misconception and literally Inferiority complex mixed with Senpai syndrome, not to mention he literally looks like a linkin park fan and his camel nose is always in the fucking camera, holy shit as soon as he removed his mask not only he lost all his credibility but also his balls as Vader's potential successor, he is nothing but a fanboy that wants to be edgy, jesus fucking christ someone kill me
>Le epic bad guy is generic bald faggot once again, horaay
>Empire lives on as literally who order made up of literally who, who gives a shit, it's up, it's there lmao
>C3P0 has a red arm, because fuck you
>haha look at the main protagonist she is a force sensitive, oh wait no she is the most powerful ever! never mind that Luke took almost 3 fucking films to get good and BTFO people, this cunt will be able to manipulate troopers and the force with the power of friendship! Yes frendship because god forbid if she kisses Flynn after they reunite, Disney ;^)
>Nazi-fascist parallelisms for the new order, because ayylmao controversy are we kewl yet XDD
>Film blatantly carbon copies every single part of New Hope except that instead of having Han lead the space battle (oh no now it's not in space at all and is on a pseudo planet that is the Death Star 3.0 Solar System edition, so originel donut seel btw, oh Now I see why Battlefront "3" has no space battles, good job EA u smart follow what the new audience will see, then they'll believe that's what battlefront was always about XDD) it has this literally who faggot that I can't even remember his name ( I'll call him Flynn's Jacket Guy ) and everyone else is completely grounded doing fuck all meanwhile.
>Luke appears for 3 seconds at the end, well shit Abrams, 5 millions well spent for that Hamil beard I say!

Jar Jar spin off when mr abrams?
>>
>>64131501

I'm so glad I skipped it.

I watched it once , I can't be arsed to watch it twice. It's that bad.

Also the shilling and posting of how great TFA is and the censorship of bad reviews is a thing of wonder like it's never been seen before.

It sucks badly, it's on par with revenge of the sith
>>
>>64135874
She is Luke's child duh doi. She trained at the force academy as a youngling derp
>>
>>64135874
>Kylo is a massive wuss that has a hard on for Vader that is entirely based in misconception and literally Inferiority complex mixed with Senpai syndrome, not to mention he literally looks like a linkin park fan and his camel nose is always in the fucking camera, holy shit as soon as he removed his mask not only he lost all his credibility but also his balls as Vader's potential successor, he is nothing but a fanboy that wants to be edgy, jesus fucking christ someone kill me
That's the point of his character, fucking idiot. The audience is literally told that Kylo is only a weak villain Sith wannabe since the moment he range and destroys ship controls with his saber like a mad ass kid
>>
>>64131501
>>64131587
>>64135911

Fuck you, I liked it. Why should I explain anything?
>>
>>64136645

Fuck your brain you mean.

Why should I care that you like it? I really dont.

It was shit, you liking it doesnt change that.

Why should you explain anything? who cares?
>>
>>64131501
Rey isn't even as memorable as Anakin in episodes 2 and 3.
>>
>>64136705
My opinion is better than yours obviously
>>
File: Matt crying at counter.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Matt crying at counter.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>64131501

>Waaaaaaaahhh I don't like the thing!!

>Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh why do people like things I don't like?!?!?

>Mom! Make them stop liking things!!
>>
>>64136780

But why should I care? It obviously isnt.
>>
File: DxD.gif (2 MB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
DxD.gif
2 MB, 400x200
>>64131501
>nor does it completely rip off a previous film like this pile of shit does.

What is The Hidden Fortress?
>>
>>64136820

No, it's mostly the underwhelming result what bothers many people.

TFA is somehow as bad as the prequels, but for different reasons.

Some people really had their hopes up for the new Star Wars.
>>
Luke:
>learns he is force sensitive
>doesn't believe it
>trains with obi-wan
>practices on his own
>can barely force pull his lightsaber to him on hoth
>trains with yoda
>can barely lift a rock with the force and isn't effective at it until after spending a significant time training with Yoda

Rey:
>learns she is force sensitive
>believes it right away
>5 minutes after Ren leaves she is able to use a Jedi mind trick despite never being trained
>later that day she is able to overpower Ren (a Skywalker who was trained by Snoke and Luke) in the force by pulling the lightsaber to her with zero training or time to practice the force

That bullshit ruined the movie for me, as if the "witty" one liners and quips and overreacted comic relief bits weren't enough. Rey shouldn't have been able to use the force like that, it makes no sense in the context that was established in the first 6 movies. Even in most fucking superhero movies (which TFA felt like) the superhero doesn't understand how to use their power and sucks at it, but Rey is effective at it immediately....
>>
File: 1320352770432.png (43 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
1320352770432.png
43 KB, 240x311
>>64131597
that's some hardcore cuckoldry.

shit wasn't even good as a flick, let alone the movies of the original trilogy
>>
>>64131536
bonjour reddit
>>
>>64131618
>>64137099

Hiya plebbit
>>
>>64136827
I'm a big deal
>>
>>64136888
It's because she was trained in the force, by someone and had her memory wiped

This will never be explained because JJ Abrams doesn't care about creating plotholes and actually explaining things.

The Force Awakens is to Star Wars what Prometheus is to Alien.
>>
The length of time you spent making a thread to try and make people not like something is more pathetic.

This coming from someone who has realized these movies are for children.
>>
>>64131501

You know what my defense is?

I enjoyed it. It didn't leave me feeling empty and hollow like the prequels did. It was good.
>>
It was a good, memorable film that captured the feel of the original trilogy well, and was a huge breath of fresh air after the prequels. A few minor problems with the plot aren't the end of the world.

>inb4 hello reddit
>>
File: 1367186481135.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1367186481135.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>>64137251
>if we assume a whole bunch of shit that's never even hinted at then rey is a good fully devolved charterer!
>>
>>64131536
It is funny to me that you are defending VII by insulting people who defend the PT. In a few years people who defend VII will be in the same catergory as people who defend PT.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.