[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /twilightzone/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: theScaryDoor.jpg (34 KB, 684x314) Image search: [Google]
theScaryDoor.jpg
34 KB, 684x314
Who here /twilightzone/?
>>
>>64129174

I'd like to get around to watching it, worth doing so? It on any streaming site or best to torrent?
>>
>>64130438

It's for sure entertaining I'd say, and I think it holds up well given how old it is. I know some seasons are on Netflix. If anything I'd check out some of the more popular episodes, since it's not like the order matters at all.
>>
>>64129174
I always enjoyed The Brain Center at Whipple's, A Game of Pool, and A Nice Place To Visit. I forget the name of the episode, but the one where the lady's dead husband keeps calling her was good as well.
>>
>>64130578

Oh yeah, it is on Netflix, sweet, I'll get on that then.
Are there any episodes that are just godawful and need to be avoided?
>>
>>64130755
Not really. You can hop from season to season and watch the episode's that pique your interests.
>>
>>64130698
A Game Of Pool is GOAT.

>that body language in the final shot
>>
All day every day. They really don't make television like this anymore.

It was the episode with the astronauts stranded on a meteorite. We all know how the story goes. One by one, they succumb to starvation, desperation, paranoia, thirst and insanity. Down to the last crew member, and a voice-over by Serling starts to play. It's this gritty monologue about how low the guy has stooped; this masterfully-written narration, scathing the character for his actions. That was when I fell in love with this show.

Maybe I went overboard with my praise, but fuck am I enamored with The Twilight Zone.
>>
>>64130698
That one was called Night Call, liked the ending in that episode. Also recently watched A Game of Pool, good episode as well. A favorite of mine is Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?
>>
>>64130949
Not only was it written well, but the twist was great. Turns out they were on Earth the whole time.
>>
Can't wait for the NYE marathon.
>>
Love me some Twilight Zone. Who /walkingdistance/ here?
>>
>>64129174
Every time I watch it I'm amazed at the quality of the show. It's wonderful.
>>
I Shot An Arrow Into The Air, One for the Angels, A World of His Own, Man in A Four Dollar Room and Nick of Time are my favorites so far, only part way through s2.
>>
When we talked about the ways that men could die, we forgot the chief method of execution.
We forgot faithlessness, major french.
Maybe you're not to blame.
Maybe if it weren't you, it would have been someone else.
Maybe this has to be the destiny of man.
I wonder if that's true.
I wonder.
I guess i'll never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm_rhHDSNJU
>>
>>64130949
Shit anon, there's a reason people still discuss the show 50+ years later.
>>
>>64130755
I've yet to come across an episode that I just couldn't stand. Sure some aren't as good as others, but I've never wanted to straight turn it off.
>>
>>64131443
The only episode I generally dislike and avoid watching is the pool one where the kids jump in a pool and go into another world.

It just doesn't interest me.
>>
can one of you stream it plz it will be fun!
>>
>>64131167
GOAT episode. Very unique feel to it compared to others in the series
>>
File: PDVD_001[1].jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_001[1].jpg
28 KB, 640x480
I like Nick of Time, where people are controlled by a fortune telling machine.
>>
never cared much for any of the 50 minute ones s5
>>
>>64131048
The ending to the Real Martian was funny. "oh yeah ya'll motherfuckers from Venus trying to take over earth? Jokes on you Jack, we already here" -The 3-eyed Martian
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.