[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a shitty villain. What was even his motivation? Why he wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: KyloRenMural-Fathead.png (2 MB, 1500x1136) Image search: [Google]
KyloRenMural-Fathead.png
2 MB, 1500x1136
What a shitty villain. What was even his motivation? Why he wanted to be on the dark side? Why he hated his parents? Was any of this explained somewhere in this film and I missed it?
>>
>>64128972
>What was even his motivation?

Gaining power.

>Why he wanted to be on the dark side?

Because he's obsessed with gaining power and he thinks the dark side is more powerful.

>Why he hated his parents?

I don't think he did.
>>
>>64128972
Upcoming movies will explain more ya dingus
>>
>>64128972
JJ is a fucking HACK
>>
>>64128972
he is an undercover jedi who deliberately turns to the dark side to control it. thus bringing balance to the force. thats why he says "i will finish what you startet" to the vader helmet. anakins prophecy is to bring balance.
>>
>>64128972

> What was even his motivation?

To serve as a character edgy teenagers and redditards can relate to as shown in this board.

> Why he wanted to be on the dark side?

It will be explained in next movies or spin-offs :^)

> Why he hated his parents?

Because they were actually good characters in the OT before they got meme'd by Jar Jar Abrams

> Was any of this explained somewhere in this film and I missed it?

Check answer 2
>>
>>64128972
Literally edgy teenager who's also a Vader fanboy. Like you,OP.
>>
He's literally the galaxy's biggest Vader fanboy
>>
>>64128972
I'm just glad that the cross hilt served some purpose and wasn't there only to look cool
>>
>>64129012
>Because he's obsessed with gaining power and he thinks the dark side is more powerful.
I also think he thinks the light side is somehow worse for society. I have a sneaking suspicion he's been lied to, because it seems like he doesn't fully know what Vader did before dying. What exactly is it he wants to finish that Vader started?
>>
>>64129233
I was actually pleasantly surprised with how they handled saber combat in this movie.
>>
File: 2.jpg (100 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
100 KB, 600x800
>>64128972
That is a good question for another time.
>>
>>64129293
Pain makes a sith stronger..
>>
>>64129293
Either he was applying pressure to the wound in a very odd fashion or he was hitting himself to distract from the pain of the wound, or he was just pumping himself up for the fight
>>
>>64129088

>"i will finish what you startet" to the vader helmet. anakins prophecy is to bring balance.

That would imply that the series ends with All the Jedi and Sith dying
>>
>>64128972
This is fucking ridiculous. He gets far more characterization in this film than Vader gets in A New Hope, yet people still bitch that his entire backstory isn't revealed in one film. Kylo Ren is the best Star Wars villain by far.
>>
>>64129437

>He gets far more characterization

Memeization you mean
>>
File: 3632415456.jpg (9 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
3632415456.jpg
9 KB, 90x90
>>64129302
> we will answer these kind of questions in the upcoming sequels ;)
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (335 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
335 KB, 800x450
>>64128972
>I was only nine years old
>I loved Darth Vader so much, I owned all the helmets and black capes
>I pray to Vader every night, thanking him for the Midichlorians I have been given
>"Vader is love", I say, "Vader is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a nerf herder
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Vader
>I called him a TRAITOR
>He shoots me in the chest and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because my chest hurts
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I hear a mechanical breathing moving towards me
>I sense a presence
>It's Vader
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "I am your grandfather"
>He grabs me with the force and lifts me in the air
>I'm ready
>I gasp for air for Vader
>He chokes my throat
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Vader
>I can feel my lungs tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against the Force
>I want to please Vader
>He turns on his lightsaber as he asks me about the plans to the Death Star
>My dad walks in
>Vader looks him deep in the eyes and says, "I don't like sand"
>Vader flies away on his TIE fighter
Vader is love, Vader is life
>>
>>64129437
easily a better character than that overhyped darth maul motherfucker
>>
>>64129088
>why he says "i will finish what you startet" to the vader helmet.
He doesn't actually say that in the movie.
>>
>>64129437
>Kylo Ren is the best Star Wars villain by far
He's completely non-threatening and incompetent. I cannot fathom why anyone would even begin to entertain the idea of him being good, nevermind 'the best'.
>>
>>64129567
At least Darth Maul was a menace who took on multiple Jedi with a lightsaber that made some logical sense, and he had a good look.

Kylo Ren looks like a Battlestar Galactica robot mixed with a bad copy of Darth Vader. There's not one thing interesting or original about him.
>>
>>64129567

You guys have no fucking taste.

Have you seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

None of the three main characters have a lot of lines, nor they tell a lot about themselves. They don't have a lot of your so acclaimed depth.

Yet they're all so fucking cool and the movie is great.

It's way better not to say anything than to be an emo kid with anger attacks that everybody jokes about.

Because that's not a character, that's a meme.

So nope, Darth Maul >>>>>>>> Meme Ren.
>>
>>64129782
>>64129659
>why isn't the main villain a badass who can do cool flips and shit?
You people are literally children. Adam Driver saved the movie.
>>
>>64129584
he literally says
>I will finish what you started, grandfather
>>
>>64128972
He's just a brat who think's Darth Vader's cooler than Luke, and never really grew out of his edgy teenager phase, to the point where he tries to mimic vader's monster under the mask schtick.
>>
>>64129800
>muh cool characters
>muh silent badasses
Leone makes great films, but his characters wouldn't work in the 21st century.
>>
>>64128972
DAILY REMINDER: Star Wars is a meme. There was no foresight, no overarching plan. Changes are made at the whim of the Jews who only want to milk the franchise for every penny possible. The only "good" (read: not absolute dogshit) movies are 4 & 5. Everything else is a creatively bankrupt cash grab formulated to sell toys to (man)children and further the degeneration of society.
>>
>>64129829
He has no screen presence and his character fucks up everything.

Even if we accept his motivation will come later, what he's done so far is have a couple of tantrums and then lose to someone half his size with no experience. He's an awful lead villain.
>>
>>64129659
>a good villain is only the most baddest evilest godmode villain that is already a finished character

What the fuck now really. First you complain how it's too similar to A New Hope, then you complain how Kylo isn't Vader, BB-8 isn't R2-D2, Rey isn't Luke, Phasma isn't Boba Fett and so on

Fuck this shit already, see you in a few weeks when all the tourists leave this fuckin board
>>
>>64128972
>we want the skateboarding teen audience
>>
>>64129921

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0BrdMi-oyc

This scene is way better than the whole TFA all together.

But meme millenials would say it's "overly long", "boring", "lacking action" or whatever.

Same meme millenials that think TFA is great.
>>
>>64130031
>He has no screen presence
He has more screen presence than anyone else in that film, including Ford. Next time you watch it pay attention to the forest scene where he first finds Rey. His movements alone are enthralling.
>>
>>64130119
Leone is a pure cinematic director. His images are incredible, but his characters are okay at best.
>>
>>64129782
Are you aware that you are just comparing looks, who looks more evil? That doesn't make a character good

And actually Kylo Rens lightsaber makes perfect sense because it's an extension of himself: highly unstable, crude, amateur build but very powerful.
He didn't make it like that to look cool, he made it so it can work properly because the cracked crystal inside is too unstable so it needs 2 vents to work. I am sure he would gladly take Vaders lightsaber instead if he could
>>
>>64130031
Are you dumb? He's not even the lead villain. The writers and directors themselves have told him not to be a villain. He is torn between the force, literally. He shows this in his words and his actions.

>A dark warrior strong with the Force, originally a member of the Knights of Ren, and commander of the First Order.[10][11] Driver said the team tried "not to think of him as being bad, or evil, or a villain. Something that was more three-dimensional. He’s more dangerous and unpredictable, and morally justified in doing what he thinks is right.
>>
>>64129013

>it's OK to not explain anything in a movie because it will be explained in another movie
>>
>>64130058
Literally nobody is saying what you're arguing against. You need to work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>64128972
His whole motivation was to get a lightsaber that does not waste half it's fucking energy by being fancy looking for the camera.
>>
>>64130255
He's the head of the evil empires crack squad of killers, who murders his own father on screen and doesn't blink at the suggestion of murdering billions.

He's absolutely a villain. It doesn't really matter how you spin it.
>>
>>64130000
Quads of truth
>>
>>64130220
>And actually Kylo Rens lightsaber makes perfect sense because it's an extension of himself: highly unstable, crude, amateur build but very powerful.
He couldn't overpower a girl with zero training in either the Force or in lightsaber combat. Face it, JewJew made him a joke.
>>
The main villain is Snoke.Ren is a fanboy cosplaying as a Sith Lord.
>>
>>64130376
>He's the head of the evil empires crack squad of killer
No General Hux is, Kylo is on the outside of this with them always referring to the troopers as "my troops" and Kylo saying things like "we could replace your troops with a clone army."

>who murders his own father on screen
Because he is so torn between the light and trying to live up to Vader's legacy that he does something extreme in an attempt to stop being ripped apart by the balance of the force

>doesn't blink at the suggestion of murdering billions
Actually he tries to convince Snoke to use his plan when Hux suggests the weapon and afterwards goes back to the Vader mask and says that they sense him being swayed by the light.

He is not the villain, or at the very least he is much more Vegeta than Frieza.
>>
>>64130220
Look is very important. It's not on the actor, but nonetheless has a huge impact. Kylo Ren looks like a poor imitation of a Battlestar villain.
>>
>>64130119
>92% of teenagers have moved on to Rap, if you're one of the 8% who still listen to real music, sig this
>>
>>64129012
>Gaining power.

Why?
>>
>>64130906

Basically this^

But in all seriousness Ren is literally a mage posing as a sword fighter right now.

His force powers are decent since he can stop lasers in mid air and force stun people but his sword skills are sub-par as fuck.
>>
File: luke-defeats-vader.png (288 KB, 894x421) Image search: [Google]
luke-defeats-vader.png
288 KB, 894x421
>>64132093
I'm guessing that Luke was all "blah blah stay away from the dark side"

and Ben Solo was probably that smartass who plays devil's advocate and sits in the back of the class while updating his myspace

"didn't you use the dark side to defeat Vader"

"didn't you defy Yoda and Obi-wan when they told you to stay away"

except he later becomes
>>
>>64128972
did you even pay attention? Snoke seduced him
>>
>>64132282
I can't be the only one who had flashbacks to this fight when Rey was beating Kylo, can I? It had the same sort of feel.
>>
>>64133731
the whole film was kind a flashback anyway
>>
>>64130259
it is
>>
Light side wants jedis to be permavirgins, so there it is
>>
>>64130259

>SPOONFEED ME EVERYTHING NOW, TRILOGY ;_;

patience young faggot. you can complain if it doesnt make sense later.
>>
>>64134137
lights side forbid love not sex
>>
>>64128972
It's just a phase bro
>>
>>64128972
Kylo Ren: Han?
Han Solo: Yes, son?
K.R.: I want to kill you... LEIA... I WANT TO COME ON BAAABE
>>
>>64129012
He is the typical school shooter type. His motivations are petty childish delusional tier, and comparable in depth to 'te girls won't date me, so I kill them' or 'stormfront white race master race tier bullshit'.

Only a school shooter would feel for him.
>>
>>64129012
He went to the dark side because he is an edgelord who wants to piss his parents off on purpose in a tantrum.
>>
>>64128972
Han took away his death metal CD rips and blocked youtube and spotify.
>>
>>64128972
because he's an edgelord.
>>
>>64129013
yer mom will explain more
>>
>>64130259
Bit anon. It is.
>>
Snoke is such a retarded fucking name I couldn't keep a straight face when Han was all like "snoke is using you son"
>>
>>64133731
How Kylo takes down Finn is almost exactly the same as how the Empire duel ends. Red saber toying with the blue, blue gets a shoulder tap, red disarms them and severs a hand or a spine.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.