[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>general at 32 this bothered me more than almost anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: forhuxsake.png (154 KB, 306x369) Image search: [Google]
forhuxsake.png
154 KB, 306x369
>general at 32

this bothered me more than almost anything else. the entire new order seemed to be a buch of fucking kids. and the resistance was a bunch of fucking kids and two pensioners. where were the adults in this fucking film?
>>
>>64128221
Since the Empire got BTFO it's not that weird seeing young officers and generals.
>>
>>64128221
>>64128279
i'll tell you the real reason, it's cuz the movie is designed to be marketed to younger audiences
>>
it was a thing in the EU after the battle of endor too. young officers all over star destroyers because the older ones all got killed
>>
>>64128279

Yeah I've seen this argument used a lot but the fact is its 30 years after the empire got BTFO, were these toddlers in officer training at the time or something?
>>
>Boomers
>adults

Weren't you paying attention? They're being killed off by their ungrateful entitled millennial spawn because they were too busy chasing their own interests instead of raising the damn kid.
>>
>>64128221
Hollywood being Hollywood.

See: the Martian, all the astronauts and NASA scientists are in their 20's - early 30's.
>>
its a movie for children and children dont like watching old people. han and leia were simply necessary for the generational torch passing
>>
>>64128221
Maybe he graduated from the Starship Troopers military where you get promoted faster than saying "Holy shit, that was fast".
>>
>>64128221
Napoleon Bonaparte was a General at 24.
>>
File: 1446858063552.jpg (32 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1446858063552.jpg
32 KB, 400x323
I was more bothered by his expression desu, he looked really uncomfortable most of the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 1364x2046) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 1364x2046
>>64128221

They're planning on making this a long running franchise. If they hired a bunch of boomers they'd end up with an entire cast full of Roger Moore in A View To A Kill by the time they got to Episode IX.
>>
>>64128400
Bullshit. Based Peter Cushing, Based Alec Guiness. Young people don't mind grandpas in their movies as long as they're not the main characters.
>>
Alexander the Great was 32 when he died. You don't even have to look at fiction to find examples of young talented military leaders.
>>
>>64128504
>talented

what are you implying?
>>
>>64128443
>kot
>>
>>64128504
alexander the great was one person out of billions and billions of people that have ever lived
>>
Hollywood only likes people less than 30 and more than 60 for some reason.
>>
It's a children's franchise about space wizards and princesses fighting bad guys with laser swords, but the age of the cast is just too unbelievable?

Just tell yourself Hux is actually 78 and they have advanced anti-aging technology at their disposal if it settles your autism.
>>
>>64128562
How many people live in a civilization that spans a galaxy?
>>
>>64128221
He is literally 122 years old
>>
>>64128221
>where were the adults in this fucking film?

They died during the big war?
>>
They literally couldn't be more Nazi if they shouted Heil Hitler in the blast scene
>>
I liked that they were young.

Made me think they were a mix of low ranking young imperials at the time of the OT, and idealistic neo nazi types who were too young to remember what life was like under the empire, and have a twisted view of things.
>>
>>64128517
That he didn't inherit the greatest military force in the world, which he obviously did.
>>
>nazis
shouldn't they be more like muslim terrorists because the Empire has been defeated
or
like soviet union during the cold war? Where there is an uneasy peace between the two sides?

Or...JUST NOT THE NAZIS AGAIN JJ YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
File: 141854612151.gif (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
141854612151.gif
2 MB, 427x240
>>64128221
>dat speech
>>
Did anyone notice a slight Nazi similarity when he was given his speech?

It was very subtle you may have not noticed
>>
File: logg.jpg (38 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
logg.jpg
38 KB, 300x430
>>64128221
>yang wen-li became fleet admiral at 31
>reinhard conquered the galaxy at 23
>>
>>64128494
Never heard of them.

Old people just can't act. They are way too wooden. Like they are playing a broadway play and no-one told them it's a movie.
>>
Whenever I see a picture of this faggot, all I see is Skip Bayless.
>>
>>64128221

let's make the WASP the bad guy

>jews
>>
>>64130069
>anime
>>
>>64128221
He sleeps in carbonite.

He's biologically 32, but chronologically 42
>>
>>64128221

He looks somewhat like Han Solo in the original trilogies. Why the fuck didn't they cast Hux as Kylo and Kylo as Hux? What the fuck is the reasoning?
>>
>The antagonists are mustache twirling despotic order that murders innocents

Sad day.
>>
>>64130574
>a british main villain

Kylo is supposed to be menacing, not laughable.
>>
>>64130217
I nibbled at the bait; tastey but a bit too obvious for a true patrician such as myself.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.