[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Patrician as fuck shows that got cancelled causing you irrational
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Utopia.png (47 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Utopia.png
47 KB, 1280x536
>>
>>64127288
>tv show
>patrician
>>
It wasn't THAT good christ
>>
>Utopia
>good
Fuck off, you dumb kid.
>>
>>64127357
>>64127377
I probably shouldn't be surprised that a thread here about one of the best shows of all time would be filled with people shitting on it.
>>
>>64127472
>somebody thinks it's not one of the best shows ever made
>shitting on it
>>
>>64127357
>>64127377
>patrician means good
I didn't say it was that great, I said it was patrician hence pretentious yet somewhat enjoyable.
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1641349/

I really enjoyed this 2bh lads
>>
>>64127546
it wasnt pretentious at all though
>>
File: terriers-fx.jpg (220 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
terriers-fx.jpg
220 KB, 1024x768
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijAUeVRYLN8

Based Cristobal
>>
>>64127534
Saying it's not that good is pretty unreasonable if you claim to like quality television.
>>
>>64127684
it's not as good as that guy claimed though
>>
s1 had a good start but it kind of fizzled out towards the end, and it made me not-so curious about s2 which I still haven't seen
>>
hannibal t b h f a m
>>
Patrician is a pretentious classification, or at least for this show. It was awesome, really fresh at first, full of artistry and excitement in the direction and writing. The second season shit the bed. That first episode was great but they really demystified the whole Network and backstory to a pretty lackadaisical point throughout. Like taking it from a shady, vast network of old men in dark spooky rooms who could reach anyone to just Wilson's wishy washy ass and that plump old woman. Bringing the mumbling old father back wasn't well handled. I'd have loved a third season as a return to form, with pretty much Jessica and Arby teaming up and fucking shit up tbvh. Maybe there's a chance? Netflix? They renewed Black Mirror.

I'd suggest Deutschland '83 to fans of this show. Not terribly similar but a nice marriage of pristine-for-tv direction and engaging, tense writing.
>>
>>64128952
I was at first disappointed with the perceived reduction in the vast conspiracy of the Network but then I realized the focus on the individual is one of the main cruxes of the show. It pains me to see people writing off the second season for this reason when I'd argue it might be even better than the first.
>>
>>64129619

It had a lot of ambition, second season i mean, I liked it, direction was still great...just didnt love where the story went. Maybe I need a rewatch.
>>
>>64129728
If there's any show that ever deserved a rewatch it's Utopia. So much great stuff happens in any given episode that it's almost a guarantee you'll pick up something new, aside from really being able to soak in the all time great visuals and soundtrack.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.