[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"No more training do you require. Already know you,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: yoda.png (177 KB, 796x397) Image search: [Google]
yoda.png
177 KB, 796x397
>"No more training do you require. Already know you, that which you need."

Luke left in the middle of his training, against Yoda's advice, and didn't come back until three years later. When he came back Yoda told him his training is complete.

So why is it unacceptable for someone to learn the force through little-to-no training, again? It's like you guys suddenly forgot the magic of the force and how it works. It's not some rigorous school training program, it's a belief system based on spirituality and self-consciousness. The idea that you need to go to school to become a jedi is a shitty prequel concept. To become a jedi you need to resist doubt and temptation and anger, to relax and feel the force. You know, like exactly what happened in TFA.
>>
>"Luuke..."
>"Luuuke..."
wtf
did yoda knew about eu???????
>>
It's the difference between being given some schooling then filling in the gaps on your own vs. becoming a self-taught master in half an hour.
>>
>>64125175
There's a difference between little to no training and just hearing the word "the force" a couple of times.
The only advice the girl had was just close your eyes and feel it lol just feel it lol and she immediately knew how to do advance jedi mind bending and resist one of the most powerful force user in the entire galaxy.
>>
>>64125175
It's almost like facing the dark side is more important than practicing with your lightsaber or repeatedly using the same force power over and over to practice it.

Being a jedi isn't about classes and practice, it's about belief and philosophy.
The force and even lightsaber dueling isn't about technical ability like the prequels and especially the prequel expanded shit want it to be.
>>
It's not about

>muh lore

it's about what an audience is willing to believe

and I'm not willing to believe that Rey can be as powerful as she is with no prior training or guidance whatsoever in the force
>>
>>64125346
/thread
>>
>>64125346
>It's not about
>>muh lore
>it's about what an audience is willing to believe
So it's about what the audience considers "standard" and "believable" or "understandable" in a given universe which is set by what?
hm?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

What could be setting the logics, norms and standards of the public in a 7 movie franchise (which they're supposed to have seen before)? Hint: it's lore.
>>
>>64125175
THIS
>>
>>64125175
Don't forget that right after this Luke says he's a Jedi and Yoda says not until he confronts Vader

So literally the difference between being a jedi and not is your ability to face the dark side and resist it
>>
>>64125175
>It's okay when the OT does it!
>>
>>64125175
Even if his training was incomplete, he still had some amount of training by one of the greatest Jedi masters. And even with that training, he still got his shit wrecked by Vader.
>>
>>64125544
That's not how suspension of disbelief works, anon.

>Luke practices a little bit
>gets some training and guidance from teachers
>has a good amount of practical application and use over the years

>Rey knows the force exists, that's about it
>has some force trips
>someone tries to use force mind stuff on her
>suddenly knows how to do things she probably wouldn't know were possible
>no other prior implication that she use the force practically, not even by accident

I'd be willing to believe if Rey was accidentally using the force all the time and had no idea what was happening, or if she had some practice using it without actually knowing what it was. But I don't believe that over the span of a day she can suddenly do things that she never tried before.
>>
>>64125544
Even if I had never seen a Star Wars film before TFA

I would've thought it pretty strange that Rey discovers and then uses the force so powerfully that she defeats the main villain (twice if you count her resisting his interrogation) within the span of one movie, without ever needing much guidance from anyone. It just doesn't feel right from a storytelling perspective.
>>
>>64126004
This TBQH
>>
>>64125842
and training with Obi Wan
>>
He clearly fucking did have 3 years of training with Yoda
>>
>>64125175
Watching most of the old Yoda clips I realize there was something missing in the Yoda scenes of the Prequel.

He's portayed as sage and wise yes but at the same time he isn't as expressive in his speech.

It's like his VA is just standing in the VO booth reading lines on a script in his best Yoda voice.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.