[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hateful Eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: hateful_eight_poster.png (444 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
hateful_eight_poster.png
444 KB, 1200x675
So what would you rate Tarantino's eighth movie?

Any things you noticed or connections?
Was 70mm worth it?

Discuss.
>>
>>64124287

Just noticed its on yify, will watch now and get back to you OP.

Thanks based yify
>>
>>64124287
8/10
>>
6,5/10

Excessive swearing and violence and shitty tarantino stuff. The good men arent likeable at all. Drags for too long. Boring dialogue that isnt
isnt memorable.
>>
>>64124941
I felt that the sheriff's dialogue in the first half seemed a bit forced.

I also think his flashback moments are getting a little overdone. His movies are becoming a little too comedic for my taste.
>>
>>64124287
6/10
>>
>>64124287
Bob playing piano during the murder was a reference to something, but I just can't place it. Any help, /tv/?
>>
File: SHITFUL 8.jpg (256 KB, 1054x675) Image search: [Google]
SHITFUL 8.jpg
256 KB, 1054x675
>>64124287

2/10

It was boring, pointless, excessively long by an hour, and had a pathetic "story" with characters I couldn't give two shits about.

Pretty much on par with Deathproof, Tarantino's other massive shitfest
>>
>>64124287
The Memeful Meme
By Q. Taran-meme-o

1/10 made me see it
>>
>>64124941
"Are you really going to make a deal with that diabolical bitch?"
I thought it was all really clever and the characters were hilarious

>>64125732
I enjoyed every second
>>
>>64125732
>>64124941
How pleb can you guys get? Go waist time discussing star wars in the 100 threads about it.

8/10

More inline with Reservoir dogs and Jackie Brown if I were to compare it to Tarantino's other films
>>
>>64124287
70MM worked. I liked the look and paored with the Ennio Morricone score? Goosebumps, no joke.

The rest was iffy. Sam Jackson in the thrid act was hilarious, Ealton Goggings was top notch and I liked the ending, it was fitting.

But the dingus story was awful. The Channing Tatum crew was thrown in lazy and rushed and cliche.

7/10. Enh.
>>
>>64124321
link ?
>>
>>64126253
Really?? I got more of a django feel to it because of the comedy.

>>64126095
I don't understand why they didn't just kill the girl after her keeper died. It would make the most sense
>>
>>64124287
Me and my wife's boyfriend marathoned about half of it before turning it off, boring desu
>>
Saw it in the theater last night and absolutely loved it. This thread is just a typical anti-QT wankfest.
>>
>>64126468
>we "marathoned" half a movie
>>
>>64126573
80% of the people posting here haven't even seen it
>>
>killing based dern and kurt so early
why the fug
>>
>>64126429
All of his films have comedic elements to it but none like Django. Especially as this was a slow burner and had heavy dialogue.

I did not really like the way the dingus story was told for the simple fact I do not believe anyone at any point in time in history described their dick as "dingus" or in that manner during the civil war. Also The little man was made for Cristoph Waltz(spelling is wrong I bet) and Tim Roth acted it out accordingly up until he revealed who he really was
>>
>>64126468
>my wife's boyfriend
>marathoned about half of it
>desu

That's some quality bait.
>>
>>64126626
>imblying people havent watched the screener
muh glorious 70mm
pls
>>
Bill > Dogs > Inglorious > Pulp > Proof > H8ful > Jackie > Django

He seriously needed an editor, shit dragged on too long about irrelevant shit that never happened. Also you know you're a hack if you have to voice over in the middle of the movie to let us know whats going on.
>>
I know the "in" thing is to say you don't like Tarantino, but let's be real: His films are always fun, always timeless, and he always pays good homage to the medium.

H8 was 9/10.
>>
File: Whats going on here.webm (1 MB, 598x336) Image search: [Google]
Whats going on here.webm
1 MB, 598x336
>>64126755
>whats going on.
>>
>>64126771
I love his movies.

Hateful eight was a good movie, but I expected more from QT 3.14

>never explained why her keeper hated her so much
>never explained how he found her
>never explained gang background
>>
>>64126755
1.Kill Bill (TWBA)
2.Reservoir Dogs
3.Django Unchained
4.Pulp Fiction
5.Inglorious Basterds

It's been ages since I saw any of them so it may be the other way around. Also I haven't seen the other three. Meh. I remember that I didn't like Butch's sidestory in PF.
>>
>Channing Tatum
>Casting him in any role other than a dudebro
>>
3/5

>Good: Best visual comedy of any Tarantino movie, great soundtrack, surprisingly good landscape shots, mostly good acting, good set design and props
>Bad: Mostly unoriginal and unmemorable characters, Samuel Jackson as himself, Tim Roth as Christoph Waltz, Cuckatino voice over explains the plot for you, too long, almost everything Tarantino includes he has already done in some form or another in his other movies
>>
This is one of the most Tarantino-ish films he made in the past few years.

I honestly think that, out of what he made so far, this movie would go down as one of his best movies 10-20 years from now with Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill
Definitely the best movie he put out in the past few years imo

If you ask me, his movies go:
Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs ~ The Hateful Eight > Jackie Brown > Inglorious Basterds > Kill Bill > Django Unchained
>>
File: iFPw889mbkmHs.gif (2 MB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
iFPw889mbkmHs.gif
2 MB, 320x181
8/88
>>
>>64125796
Kill yourself
>>
>>64126253
>thinks Tarantino is patrician
>waist time

15 year old detected
>>
File: 1449694831684.jpg (13 KB, 285x472) Image search: [Google]
1449694831684.jpg
13 KB, 285x472
>tarantino fans literally throwing the word 'pleb' around and defensively telling others to git good at kino
>>
>>64126913
That's because it didn't add anything to the film- the film would be been exactly the same without him. (No rape scene and no killing travoltas character, but that wouldn't have been bad).
>>
>use 70mm
>make huge deal about it
>shoot 5-10 minutes of pretty snow filled landscape
>spend the rest of the 3 hours in a dimly lit cabin
>>
this movie is his version of dogville
>>
>>64128338
also there is some hitchcock
>>
I think it is one of the most boring and aweful movies I ever saw. It was so slow with nothing interesting happening for 3/4 of the whole movie and the ending was lack luster.
>>
File: 2015-12-26_17-53-46.png (16 KB, 862x373) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-26_17-53-46.png
16 KB, 862x373
>>
Did anyone find this film to be a bit disturbing? Like the gore being too out of place. I know Django had over-the-top gore but that movie had a comic bookish feel to it, while this movie seemed too serious to be having Kill Bill violence in it.
>>
>>64128547
You're also the kind of person that doesn't go to the cinema ever and pirates YIFY rips so your opinion is worthless.
>>
Christoph Waltz did some fine acting in the film.
>>
>>64128584
>plebbit
why even post
>>
>oh wow maybe i'll be able to finally watch a tarantino fil...
>scene involving a white guy to bow down and suck a black guys cock

He's just not even trying to hide it anymore.

Oh well... I really can't help but wonder when i'll be able to watch a Cuckintino movie again, probably never at this rate
>>
>>64129245
>this guy never watched a tarantino movie

Holy fucking shit why are people like you coming here
Get out
>>
I don't care if it was a flick. I enjoyed it.
>>
7/10 it was alright.
>>
kill bill will still be his best
>>
>>64128671
Hmm. I mean the only part that threw me off was the shooting of Channing Tatums character because it wasn't expected.

Everything else was on level with inglorious basterds, kill Bill, and django.
>>
>>64129562

Who let this retard in?
>>
>>64124287
8-8,5/10 was entertaining, funny characters. except chaning. but too long. maybe QT should make mini series next time. situation is kinda the same as Reservoir dogs. because of it lenght and lack of surprises it doesnt look rewatchable

70mm? film type? dunno what differeces it gives compared to a normal one.
>>
File: rb.jpg (20 KB, 434x136) Image search: [Google]
rb.jpg
20 KB, 434x136
>>
>>64124941
>Boring dialogue that isnt memorable.
wow what a pleb
stay with your Transformers/Fastandfurious/StarWars
>>
>>64124287
This was a play. A play with a first half with pacing issues and a good second half. But a play. Inside. For me, everything could be 70mm, I love it, but this is not exactly the right movie to use as a showcase.
>>
this whole movies point was to talk about BBC, show a white man blowing a black man, literally say, "black dicks in white mouths."
>>
I'd rate it 3.17/10
>>
I'm glad I waited for the slate review.

Sounds like it was pretty problematic
>>
File: sir please reconsider.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
sir please reconsider.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
>>64130042
hes literally ripping off old crappy movies that had no substance or depth. its like going to macdonalds and complaining about it being fast food. christ people.
>>
>>64124287
Like it, but on the lower part of his works. too long in explanations and little to no background to 4/8 of the characters, while the other 4 had too much. Incredible score, as expected from Morricone.
>>
That Submissive white dude sucking samL's bbc was crazy. the way he went into detail had all the men in the crowd shook and the females all giggly
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 170x174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 170x174
>>64127270
Did I trigger you, bitch?
>>
File: uno_farto_age_calculator.png (170 KB, 423x370) Image search: [Google]
uno_farto_age_calculator.png
170 KB, 423x370
I'd rate it just an uno
>>
I've tried to like it just for Tarantino's sake, but this shit was bad. Every character just overly stylized or whatever the fuck you wanna call it. Repeatedly saying nigger just because he got a pass with Django.
>>
>>64126253

>waist time

Instead to jerking off to Tarantino's homo cuck movies, why don't you go back to the third grade for remedial spelling lessons.
>>
>>64126626

It's streaming online for fucking free.

EVERYONE here has seen it.

Unfortunately.
>>
>>64126798

Evidently he didn't get to suck a big black dingus the night before, so he's in a mood.
>>
>>64126847
That's the idea, though, she was set up to play the martyr. I can't find a screenshot online, but if you look in the scene where she's hanging the shot is set up to look like she has angel wings behind her.
>>
>>64128547

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but you are a fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>64125334
I think it was Silent Night. It was partially an alibi for Bob and a jab/nod at Joe since he said he was going to see his mom in time for Christmas.

I'd give it a 2/10 because it was too long and it became a dull crime procedural toward the end.
>>
>>64124941
>The good men aren't likeable at all
>The Hateful Eight
Hmmm
>>
It's a steaming pile of shit. The mystery was resolved in just about the least interesting way possible.
>>
can I watch this movie with my dad
>>
>>64134440
No
>>
>>64134440
Depends how your dad feels about violence / swearing. It should be fine. There's no scenes were you'll both be awkwardly aroused.
>>
File: jeeznigga.jpg (147 KB, 750x574) Image search: [Google]
jeeznigga.jpg
147 KB, 750x574
>>64124941
>Excessive swearing and violence
>>
>>64124941
There weren't any good men.
>>
>>64134440
Yeah if you like Cucking as much as QT does.
>>
Once the plot kicked in was awesome
>>
3/10

By far his worst fucking movie. Score was fantastic and the 5 minutes of outdoor 70mm shots were beautiful, but it ended up a gimmick to skyrocket ticket prices.

The movie was an hour too long and the first 20 minutes felt like they were just reading the script. Almost nobody laughed at any of the atrocious "jokes" in the theater. I don't know how he made a worse movie than Death Proof but he pulled it off.
>>
Super fun and in a beautiful format. I absolutely loved it.
>>
>>64124287
It was pretty good.
8.5/10

>any connections

When Mini says "I only smoke Red Apple Tobacco".
>>
>>64135399
Literally everyone in my theater was laughing all throughout the movie. Maybe you just watched the movie with plebs Anon?
>>
>>64124941
>Excessive swearing and violence

4chan is for 18+
please fuck off kid
>>
>>64135827
Went with another Tarantino fan and he even hated it. Everyone just stumbled out with "it was alright".

It's a pretty shit movie, anon. I'm sorry.
>>
>>64135791
John Gage covering his cut neck with a gold/yellow bandana = Played Mr. Blonde in Reservoir dogs
Tim Roth's character Oswaldo dies of the same gunshot wound Mr Orange suffered in Reservoir Dogs. Also played by Roth
Walton Goggins and Sam Jack both die side by side just like in Django Unchained
>>
>>64133167
I noticed that while watching.
Explain the martyr thing please
>>
Door confirmed for whore
>>
>>64136993
Covering his cut neck?
Explain.

And what do you mean by the red apple tobacco? >>64135791
>>
>>64126253
>Reservoir dogs and Jackie Brown
the difference between these movies and hateful 8 is that his older films had interesting likable characters
>>
File: get.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
get.png
1 MB, 1440x900
Does Tarantino browse 4chan?
>>
File: literally.png (899 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
literally.png
899 KB, 1440x900
>>64137531
Does he browse /tv/?
>>
>>64137531

He does actually, in fact the whole blowjob scene was wrote to piss us off
>>
File: 1450956664062.jpg (35 KB, 426x554) Image search: [Google]
1450956664062.jpg
35 KB, 426x554
So how did your theater react to the big black dingus scene?
>>
>>64133167
How is she a martyr if the whole gang is already dead?
>>
>>64134512
How about the blow job scene?
>>
Death Proof, From Dusk till Dawn and Four Rooms combined
>>
If you want a back-to-basics, Reservoir Dogs style movie then you will like it. It is very similar to Reservoir Dogs. Like, you could list plot similarities just like ANH/TFA
>>
It was ass, two completely different movies sloppily sewn together, one a slower western and one a bloody shootout. Ending was atrocious

3/10, Tarantinos worst yet, and I normally like the guy

>God Tier
Pulp Fiction
Resrvoir Dogs

>Good Tier
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Kill Bill

>Decent tier
Jackie Brown
Death Proof

>Shit Tier
Hateful Eight
>>
>>64138150
jackie brown is good tier tbqhwyf+
>>
there should have been an actual plot and arc
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
>>64137346
>>64137605
She's the only character in the course of the movie who doesn't actively try and kill anyone else, except out of self defense. Yet all of the violent events of the movie take place because of her mere existence, thus she has to die like Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 20151226_194747.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151226_194747.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Literally just got back from the 70mm viewing in my town.

There's definitely a texture to the film that's different from digital. I wouldn't want it for every movie but for this, in the kind of oldass theater I saw it at, with a large crowd of people who were clearly excited for this? Probably my favorite movie experience.

As far as the actual film: the buildup is too slow. It takes too long to get to the cabin and set up all of the characters. The second half is way faster and moves at a breakneck speed.

The violence is ridiculous in a way that's just plain silly. The crowd was laughing for most of it especially during a certain exchange of blood vomit.

Acting is generally pretty on point. No complaints, though Tarantino is REALLY obsessed with the word "nigger" in all his films, and it went from "cute" to "stale" pretty quickly in this film.

Ending was a little abrupt. You never figure out if one of the characters was bluffing about something pretty important, so the fates of the surviving characters is dropped completely as the credits roll.

I'd see it again, just to pay attention to details in the set design to see any evidence of the twist in the middle of the film. And because the crowd and theater were all really fun. I don't think I'd have that much fun in a regular screening.
>>
>>64138298
>so the fates of the surviving characters is dropped completely as the credits roll.
Well, We never get to know whether there were 15 gangmembers or not, but we do know that both characters are gonna die anyway.
>>
>>64137599
Laughter that slowly cross faded into grossed out "Awwwwwww"s.
>all those synonyms for" penis"
>never once went for "dick" or "cock"
Too obvious?
>>
>>64124287

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDHJADECk7s

>had to do 8 days in county jail regularly
>has an obsession with black dicks

this is a well adjusted individual
>>
>>64137599
Literally by whooping and hollering. There were barely any black people there, just tools.
>>
>>64138377
That's kinda what I wanted to know, though. I was expecting one last shoot-out or something. Or maybe no backup. Or something.
>>
>>64138298
>You never figure out if one of the characters was bluffing about something pretty important, so the fates of the surviving characters is dropped completely as the credits roll.

One: it's assumed both characters die.
Two: it doesn't matter whether or not there are other gang members, the whole purpose of the movie is to examine the what transpires inside the haberdashery and the motivations and events leading up to that. That's why the whole thing is framed like a play, it's very intimate and focused on the immediate action.
>>
Haven't Seen It/10
>>
>>64124287

I noticed that everyone died, while you fucks claimed the girl survived. I'm guessing that I saw a movie the screener fags missed.

70mm was glorious and well worth it, but it would have been put to better use with more grand outdoor shots.
>>
>>64137531
>They came up this mountain looking for 4chan but all they found was me.
>>
>>64124287

nigger nigger nigger
blood more blood
gay nigger
1 hour later
tatum kek
everybody dead

wow good comedy!

wait.. it's supposed to be a drama/mystery/thriller?

3/10
>>
>>64138249
Who put the snow boots back on the wall at that point?
>>
>>64139222
They are different snowshoes than the ones shown before
>>
>>64138217
>muh plot
Each of these characters had rich and satisfying arcs. Whose was unsatisfying?

I bet you also think The Thing has no plot.
>>
It looks like a big piece of crap like Deathproof (although visually and musically it seems leagues better), but I gotta love it for triggering /pol/ so hard with that dick sucking scene.
>>
>>64138249
>tfw nobody gets how based this character was
She clearly has this mythic aura to her. The look she shares with her brother before his head get blown off for example. Death scene iconic as fuck.

I watched the awards screener... can't wait to see it in Glorious 70mm and look for deep lore like this guy said >>64138298
>>
>>64138298
somerville?
>>
>>64139292
Can you point out a scene in which a 2nd pair can be seen before Major Marquis has the one pair taken off the wall?
>>
I would hate to say this, but Tarantino is honestly too patrician for /tv/. And don't get me wrong, Tarantino is a mainstream, popcorn, blockbuster level filmmaker. And even so, he is too patrician for /tv/.

Can you imagine if The Godfather came out in 2015?

>hurr it's just 3 hours of talking
>gratuitous violence out of nowhere, the scene where sonny dies is like a fucking cartoon
>this long boring section in sicily
>muh intercutting baptism with murders, such edge
>>
File: LFv0PvA.jpg (59 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
LFv0PvA.jpg
59 KB, 960x720
who 70mm here
>>
>>64137442
Sam Jack's character threatened to slit his throat if he didn't give up his weapon. Did you even pay attention to the movie?

Also, are you fucking new to Tarantino movies?
>>
>>64139694
LOL literally no seating slope
>>
So did the General's son sucked Jacksons nigger cock or he was just bluffin?
>>
File: Hateful 8 Plothole.jpg (62 KB, 994x200) Image search: [Google]
Hateful 8 Plothole.jpg
62 KB, 994x200
>>64124287
>Discuss.

It's amazing how a director can keep churning out movies that, after Jackie Brown, are each noticeably lesser in quality with each succeeding entry, and yet hipsters still flock to them and leave the theater raving.

I think his next movie will just be three hours of a black guy pinching off a Cleveland Steamer onto a bound and gagged white guy's chest, while an empowered female sets fire to the house they're in.
>>
>>64139932
It's ambiguous.
>>
>>64139960
Are you saying this is some silver-bullet, inarguable plot hole? Sounds like 100% bullshit to me.

The only plothole that I agree with so far is when, in the flashback, you see that Minnie doesn't actually hate Mexicans.
>>
>>64139694
lol flyover states and your shit theaters
>>
>>64138891
THIS

also, anyone else notice the commentary on race relations vs. sex relations?
>>
>>64139960
I don't actually think Tarantino's fanbase is hipsters.
>>
>>64124287
H8FUL SH8
>>
>>64138249

Like Jesus Christ?

no.

She represented the sacrifice WOMEN had to make in order for BLACK and WHITE men to get along.
>>
>>64140018
To me the movie sort of takes pains to let you know that it is just a bluff. As he spins the yarn, the dude warns him over and over that it's just a bluff, and after he kills him, he gives him a knowing smirk, confirming that he just played the old guy.

But while I lean towards that explanation, I agree that it is literally ambiguous in terms of that the film doesn't actually come out and tell you.
>>
7/10

the worst Quinton film yet and proof that he is losing his edge
>>
I think it would have been great if there was an after credits scene where someone (could be a random character or Jody's gang) walked into the cabin, saw all that carnage, and just had a "what the fuck happened in here" reaction.
>>
>>64139960

>why didn't the characters do this?
...that's not a plot hole.
>>
Can anyone explain why there was so much focus on that goddamned door that needs two boards to stay closed, not one?
>>
>>64139694

Saw it at Harkins yesterday, 70mm. Kind of a waste given the majority of it is indoors.
>>
File: the-hipster-cover.jpg (23 KB, 231x303) Image search: [Google]
the-hipster-cover.jpg
23 KB, 231x303
>>64140061

Hipsters don't distinguish in quality (in fact, the worse something is, the more they enjoy it "ironically") and prioritize their peer's approval, so yeah, Tarantino is Hipster Jesus these days...
>>
>>64139932
Was the Abe Lincoln letter real?
>>
>>64140096
Yeah, all those women who died fighting the South.
>>
>>64140133
no shit - I was waiting for this to have some significance.

Also, I thought someone would have to dive into the shitter for the guns.
>>
>>64140133
I hadn't thought about it, but off top of head it has dramatic utility for a couple reasons.
>Emphasizes the physicality of their situation and that they are stranded in this blizzard with only a rickety structure
>Major Warren, the character most familiar with Minnie's H, probably is given reason to feel like there's foul shit afoot because of the door. But since you don't know it's not the normal state for the door, until the flashback, it becomes a *deep lore* detail that you pick up on in retrospect
>>
>>64140144
and those CUs of ugly bearded men and a nigger. WOW. Tarantino sure loves dick.
>>
>>64140183

lol what does that have to do with improved race relations between a southern rebel and a northern nigger?
>>
File: 1402803579200.gif (3 MB, 353x209) Image search: [Google]
1402803579200.gif
3 MB, 353x209
>>64135399
>Almost nobody laughed at any of the atrocious "jokes" in the theater.
>Laughed
>Theater

Is that something that happens in America?

I don't think my autism could take that.

The cinema should be a place of quiet and refined enjoyment, no loud guffawing or squawking from the Stalls.
>>
>>64140031
>in the flashback, you see that Minnie doesn't actually hate Mexicans

to be fair, they didn’t actually sound that Mexican, and they looked like white guys for the most part anyway.
>>
>>64140133

IT NEEDS TWO BOARDS.

FUCK!
>>
>>64140228

What drives someone to take the effort to post something like this?
>>
>>64140246
The vibe i got is that she won't turn down a mexican customer (despite her dislike of them) but she wouldn't leave her business to a mexican.
>>
>>64140052
reddit tier comment
like all Tarantino films, this is pure cinema, it's not about anything other than being a cinematic experience

remember that the final boss in Inglorious Basterds, supposedly his most subtext-laden film, was literally reels of film

>>64140215
and also, when they all unite in shouting "YOU NEED ANOTHER PIECE OF WOOD", it shows some tiny element of camaraderie emerging between them to relieve from the utter bleakness of distrust and Hatefullness
>>
>>64140277
The sign literally said "No mexicans and no dogs", I dunno bro
>>
>>64140031

Minnie never encounters anyone that reveals themselves to be a Mexican.

>>64140286

>pure cinema

A cinema is a place or an industry, using the word otherwise is pretty redditarded.

And any anyway, ALL of Tarantino's films are about race/sex relations.
>>
>>64124287
1/10. It's very boring and nothing happens. The characters are shit and it goes on top long.

Possibly his worst film.
>>
>>64140246

Nobody sounded Mexican until after everyone was massacred.
>>
>>64140220
The way he was talking it seemed he was implying she and the plot was a allegory for progression in society arising from the efforts of women.
>>
>>64140219

I didn't mind the closeups, at least that still makes use of the film. But you can tell the DP wasn't used to framing in that ratio.
>>
>>64140228
Sorry europeons are cucked to the point where they have to shut out all emotion to survive.
>>
>>64126771
Fuck off, Quentin.
>>
>>64140373

yes, so what does the civil war have to do with what people sacrificed 8, 10, or 12 years after it was over?
>>
>>64140320
There is a school of though that one purpose of art is be self-reflexively about its own medium. A painting that comments on the nature of painting, a film that comments on the nature of film, etc. I am saying that Tarantino is an obvious example of that.

You think "cinematic" is a redditarded word? Why the fuck are you even here? What would you prefer? "Movietastic"? "Filmarific"?

To some extent I think he courts the racial/gender subtext, most obviously in Kill Bill and Django, but ultimately this is far secondary to the sheer, um, movieosity of the affair. Mia Wallace dancing on heroine is not about gender. The terror of waiting for the strudel is not about anything other than milking great tension from the screen.
>>
Anyone else get the cool glossy program from seeing the roadshow version?

How about that sick red overture at the beginning?

Anyone else smoke a nice bowl out in the car during intermission?
>>
Why do people keep saying this movie is a comedy?

There wasn't any jokes in the movie.
>>
>>64140436
>There is a school of though

That's where I stopped reading.
>>
File: 1355741639653.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1355741639653.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2000
>>64124941
>6,5
>,
>>
>>64140448
Comedy doesn't mean just jokes.

Dialogue and situations can be funny without a punchline.
>>
>>64140436

that's just meta-art.

>cinematic

that word wasn't used, dumb dumb.

>a film can't be about multiple things
>>
>>64140462
It is nice of you to accept defeat so readily.
>>
>>64140501

I think you mean redditly.
>>
>>64140495
"Cinematic" is an example of using the word "cinema" to refer to something other than the industry. It is referring to the aesthetic nature of film.

You are too fucking dumb for me to be wasting my time on.
>>
>>64140415
Most events leading, for better or worse, to the modern state of race relations were male initiatives/sacrifices. The civil war is but an example that comes to mind.
>>
>>64140539

cinematic = adjective
cinema = noun

more once you've mastered this level of engrish.
>>
>>64140541
>Most events leading, for better or worse, to the modern state of race relations were male initiatives/sacrifices

k, so again, what does that have to do with the sacrifices made later, by different people?
>>
>>64139960
regarding the plothole : by the time those three got back to the cabin and found out Russel is missing, pretty sure they gonna whip out their gun.
>>
>>64140539
>>64140564

Nigger can't even use the word "cinematic right.

cin·e·ma
ˈsinəmə/Submit
nounBRITISH
a movie theater.
synonyms: movie theater, theater, multiplex, movie house; historicalnickelodeon
"the local cinema"
the production of movies as an art or industry.
"the history of American cinema"
synonyms: films, movies, pictures, motion pictures
"Italian cinema"

cin·e·mat·ic
ˌsinəˈmadik/
adjective
of or relating to motion pictures.
"cinematic output"
having qualities characteristic of motion pictures.
"the cinematic feel of their video"
>>
File: 1450493463980.jpg (108 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
1450493463980.jpg
108 KB, 1200x674
>The ridiculous 6
>The H8ful Eight
>Both are western themed
Anyone noticing a pattern
>>
>>64126264
"70mm worked !?" in what way ? I'm so curious that he, in fact, brought in such a wide aspect lens to film the scenes in the restricted area. Tell me in your wards what kind of effect he may have been looking for.
>>
>>64140591
My reply encompasses everything until now. "Later" would be in the future.

Regardless, I've clarified my point. It isn't correct for her to be interpreted as an allegory for women sacrificing to bring equality when they were not responsible for bringing equality.
>>
Was very enjoyable. Loved the cast. Pacing was a little slow, but the writing assured it was never not engaging.

Was NOT happy that I paid for a 70mm screening and Regal stopped the film at the beginning and told us they could only play digital. They did give us free passes for another movie but the restrictions on the back seem to imply they aren't applicable to another screening of H8. Felt like I missed an important feature of the film, but as someone pointed out it was mostly interior shots of a dark cabin haha

The captcha was popcorn which reminded me of last week when I got popcorn from regal and had diarrhea all night. Fuck regal so hard it was like I was pissing out my ass
>>
>>64125334
That scene was great
>>
>>64140691
>My reply encompasses everything until now.

But the Civil War was in the past.

>Later" would be in the future

No, here it means after the Civil War, as in the time in which the film being discussed takes place.

So again, what do the sacrifices made earlier in history have to do with the sacrifices made later in history?
>>
File: 1280875977298.jpg (61 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1280875977298.jpg
61 KB, 300x400
>>64140613
>by the time those three got back to the cabin and found out Russel is missing, pretty sure they gonna whip out their gun.

The only one who had a dog in the fight at that point was the sheriff. The coachman and Jackson didn't give a shit.
>>
>>64140096

This to be honest. The way the nigger and the cracker worked together to hang her made it pretty obvious.
>>
T'was a comfy movie, not a (film).

It may require more viewings but its long.
>>
>>64140762

Jackson had already agreed to protect his assets.
>>
>>64140756
There are no sacrifices. Thus the allegory is falsely diagnosed.
>>
>>64140828

try that one again, this time use the spoiler text correctly.
>>
>>64140802
that's what clued me in on it. it's made really obvious with the way she's treated in the beginning to.

>diabolical bitch
>no worse than anyone else in the movie

>>64140837
k.
>>
>>64140865
filmz
>>
>>64135827
Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?
>>
http://www.vogue.com/13381481/tarantino-female-characters/
>>
>>64140930
nah I'll back that up. People were laughing a lot at my theater too
>>
>>64140930

Everyone was laughing in my theater too, but I saw it at 11am with other adults.
>>
>>64140762

And how are they supposed to know that, having never met Jackson's character?

It was made clear in the flashback it was to be a waiting game.
>>
An incredibly simple story that was only there so Tarantino could write mountains of 'witty' filler dialogue while jacking himself off.
>>
File: 1348622965017.jpg (8 KB, 187x248) Image search: [Google]
1348622965017.jpg
8 KB, 187x248
>>64141057
>It was made clear in the flashback it was to be a waiting game.

They sure didn't "wait" to whack the cabin's owners.

All of sudden, they're afraid of one guy with only one hand free (the other shackled to his prisoner), distracted and with his back turned.

The quickest story remedy would be to put a well-armed, friendly party in the cabin, but QT apparently doesn't allow anyone to play story editor, so we're left with this bullshit.

Or shit like Goggins watching Jackson (who he loathes, at that point) troll and then murder his hero, Dern, then put aside all differences by movie's end.
>>
what site do you guys use to stream shit you dont want to dl?

yify.tv is convenient and so is viooz i guess
>>
>>64141338
>They sure didn't "wait" to whack the cabin's owners.

No, they made it clear it was to be a waiting game after they killed the owners and took their place.

Did you pay attention or do you need another viewing?
>>
>>64124287
>Was 70mm worth it?
considering the projectionist couldn't focus the fucking film, NO!
>>
>>64141445

Why didn't you get your money back immediately?
>>
File: 1446982917339.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446982917339.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>64141384
>Did you pay attention or do you need another viewing?

How about I just watch The Revenant again, a much better movie about grouchy bastards trapped in the untamed winter mountains?

Go to bed, Quentin...your movie sucked.
>>
>>64141472
because im a weak-willed loser
>>
Seen it twice. The theme is that if we all work together, it's better for all of us. NY Times or somebody will pick up on this next week. It's all there if you look for it. The ridiculousness of the door and the line to the outhouse. Female prisoner, black/white racial strife, Bob the Mexican, the cop and the black working together by film's end, Jesus on the cross in the snow. You don't have to like it, but the intention is there. Tarantino made a different kind of movie than people are noticing so far. Big long think pieces about it will start to drop next week. Wait for it.
>>
What the FUCK happened to Minnie's cat?
>>
Just got back from the 70mm screening. The outdoor scenes are gorgeous. Movie itself is pretty good, especially if you like Tarantino's other stuff like the excessive violence. Never noticed how long it was, and the intermission was nice. The narration was pretty shitty though, and the film overall is rather forgettable unlike his other work.

Does anyone know what extra footage was included that's not in the normal screenings?
>>
>>64141508
>How about I just watch The Revenant again

Ugh, you aren't even going to see that one in the theaters?

>lubezki
>on my tv
>>
>>64124287
7 of 10, based on the based performances of Kurt Russell, Sam Jackson, J.J. Leigh, and Walt Goggins.

This movie was fun, despite the fact it was cartoonishly violent in the typical Tarantino way.

Could have gone without the faggotry, but Tarantino is obviously a closeted faggot hot for niggers.
>>
>>64141603

I'm guessing there's an alternate ending, because the screenrfags were all saying she survived.
>>
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST IM AN HOUR AND A HALF IN AND HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON. WHAT IS THIS PIANO PLAYING

THIS IS SO FUCKING BORING
>>
>>64124287
9/10
best pacing in a Tarantino film in a long time. Actual tension in scenes. Lost a lot of the tension after the intermission but still really good. Pacing still kept up.
1st half is unlike any Tarantino work (outside of dialogue) 2nd half is like the Quentin Tarantino show.
Do not sit on your ass and watch this in your house. Go to the movie theater for this one in particular. It's so much better.
>>
>>64141633
She was clearly hung. Why the fuck would she survive?
>>
>>64141552

They will be about feminism.

see>>64140891
>>64140802
>>
>>64141603
The general release is six minutes shorter and contains alternate takes of some scenes.
>>
>>64141677

All last week screenerfags were trying to spoil it by saying "everyone dies but the chick".
>>
Walked right into a Star Wars screening afterwards to wash the taste off desu senpai
>>
>>64141722
Nah, it's the same. Saw it in 70mm and watched the screener.
>>
>>64141717
Thanks Wikipedia.
>>
>>64141722
that's because she survives in the screener.
>>
>>64141688
Yeah I can see that. No way racial stuff doesn't get brought up though, with or without addressing her character.

I also think this is going to be a bigger hit than people are thinking so far. This is going to be firmly lodged in the culture (war) for more than a minute. It's going to be an 'important' movie.
>>
File: yadingus.png (38 KB, 741x190) Image search: [Google]
yadingus.png
38 KB, 741x190
>>
File: 1450655952097.gif (1 MB, 395x512) Image search: [Google]
1450655952097.gif
1 MB, 395x512
>>64141902
>I also think this is going to be a bigger hit than people are thinking so far.

Keep dreaming.
>>
>>64141927
The fact that you think that already makes it so. I'm just telling you.
>>
>>64141902

Oh yeah I totally agree totally it will be about how the struggle for race relations still isn't over, but it's still better off than the struggle for sex relations.

You can see this mentality reflected all over this board.
>>
>>64140670
>>
>>64141902

And I also think it will be a sleeper hit. This shit was much deeper than people allow for it. Easily the most cerebral piece he's done.
>>
>>64142282
Agreed. I saw the setup better the second time. The dingus shit is over the top on purpose. All of it is over the top on purpose. Look how mad /pol/ is getting. Tumblr is gonna be pissed how JJL gets the shit beat out of her too. This might end up being funny as fuck.
>>
>>64142395

Oh shit I haven't even thought of trolling /pol/ with my feminism theory. Brilliant.
>>
The scene with SLJ and Bruce Dern was amazing. The build up and the sheer absurdity of it was perfect. Also if you were offended by that scene in the slightest then you are literally no better than Tumblr.
>>
>>64126771
>It's fun
>this means it gets 9/10
>>
>>64142709
Yup you got it. Tarantino even telegraphed the punch by making it so ridiculous and people are still mad about it. That's the real payoff here. Shit's funny as hell.
>>
Can someone explain what Daisy did to deserve an extra painful death at the end? Pretty much all the characters were bad people, so their deaths were a certainty, but why did Daisy get hung when everyone else got shot? She didn't even kill anyone.
>>
>>64142395

>look how mad /pol/ is

Literally no one on /pol/ cares. This is the only board that talks about this movie and the dingus.
>>
>>64143097
She gladly saw everyone die and be played against one another for herself.

She didn't even care that her brother died for very long.

She was a hood anyway/
>>
>>64143097

Nothing. She was a sacrifice so that whitey and blackey could get along.
>>
I didn't like it. I got about 1/3 through it and lost interest I've liked every other one of his movies, including Jackie Brown. This one was boring :\
>>
>>64143097
She didn't let them know about the poison, that's why Chris told her to go fuck herself in the end.
>>
>>64143174
/tv/ is part of /pol/ now. let's be honest.
>>
>>64124287

All I could say under my breath while watching this movie was "this is reddit, this is memes" over and over
>>
>>64143358

This is a timeout for /pol/lacks, maybe. They come over here when they get banned over there.
>>
7 black warm dinguses out of 8
>>
>>64143097
In the movie, SLJ says its to honor Kurt Russel's character. But a subtext theory being floated is that she did nothing, comparatively speaking, and that historically we beat women down so that men from different cultures can get along.
>>
>>64143293
Whitey and blacky got along because they were dead anyway.
>>
>>64143358

/tv/ is where all the other boards come for shitposting
>>
Are you guys trolling?

Ive heard its amazing and that guy from Justified was the best charecter

It sold st my theater within 3 hours
>>
>>64143403

Exactly. She was literally a scapegoat, coated in the blood of sinners.
>>
>>64143403
Provide one historical, cultural example of this. Not even saying there isn't one.

Frankly, races are more likely to fight over women and unify to torment them.
>>
I ate a weed brownie before the movie started Because i'm a fucking looser and it immediately kicked in right when the scene with the poisoned coffee started.

That fucking guitar, my eyes where glued to the screen. Hypnotized I was was hanging onto the edge of the chair with so much suspense.

Probably the best scene of the movie, other than the part where the sheriff found out that he was right all along on who did it.
>>
>>64143409

They got along way before they were even close to dead.

>diabolical bitch
>>
>>64124287
>makes us wait until the very end to find out what the Lincoln letter actually says.
>it's a bunch of generic sounding shit.

Fuck, at least try to make it sound like him. The Lincoln letter that they quoted at the start of Saving Private Ryan carried x10 the weight that Samuel L's "hay, how u doin senpai? Hope ur well xdd bai" love letter did.
>>
>>64143434

You guys give qt way too much credit
>>
>>64143433
>It sold st my theater within 3 hours

How is this proof of anything? The people buying the tickets hadn't even seen it, yet.
>>
>>64143446

>women's rights came before black's rights
>>
>>64143454
It was fake. You know that, right?
>>
>>64143465
It means a lot people wanted to see it
>>
>>64143464

It's not even that deep of a trope.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.