[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a coerce a retarded teenager into a murder confession
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 15
File: making-of-a-murderer.jpg (265 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
making-of-a-murderer.jpg
265 KB, 1280x854
>It's a coerce a retarded teenager into a murder confession episode
>>
The Hollywood liberal crowd insists that this is what happened to the West Memphis Three, except the facts show they actually were murderers.

Not trusting Netflix with this one, sorry.
>>
>>64122453
That was hilarious, i loled at the end of that bit where the kid asked how long is going to take after retarderly 'confessing' to a murder/rape.
>>
It's one sided sure but I never heard of the cases and some things seems suspicious. The retarded kid, the broken seal on the blood evidence, and many lesser things.
>>
I heard this was good, was that just some liberal i happened across?
>>
>>64122724
Poor bait. We now know that it was one of the step-dads that did it. He was seen driving away with the kids or something like that.
>>
>>64122724

This one's pretty clear cut, the police set up this guy because he was going to bankrupt the entire department and took his nephew along for the ride. The confession video is as clear a manipulation as you'll see.
>>
>>64123094
Why isn't there a documentary show about corrupt cops doing this shit?

Is it because murderers and serial killers are easier targets?
>>
>>64123063
Listen, discordance of opinion isn't trolling. That's the whole problem with the bait meme, it's totally binary and based in upvote/downvote culture.

http://www.westmemphisthreefacts.com/

Peruse it and then come back and restate your opinion. Please bother to do so.
>>
WHODUNNIT POWER RANKINGS

1. Ex-boyfriend
2. Roommate
3. Brother
4. The Police
5. Another member of the Avery/Dassey family
6. Steven
7. Random Stranger

9999999999. Retarded Brendan
>>
>>64123198
I think maybe it was a murder that the police used as a chance to get back at him.
>>
I've watched the first four episodes and I'm not sure I can make it through the whole thing. The interrogation/confession of Brandon was so fucked up and infuriating. I'm afraid if I keep watching I'm going to smash my tv or something.
>>
>>64123063
lel

every new movie pointed the finger at someone else and says "yeah we were wrong about the last guy we accused"

it was obviously those kids
>>
>>64123283
Yeah, they obviously pulled the same trick twice on him.
>>
File: 1393872548147.png (719 KB, 446x1000) Image search: [Google]
1393872548147.png
719 KB, 446x1000
>hello?
>yaa?
>yaa.
do people actually answer the phone like this?
>>
>>64123441
He just keeps saying 'yeah', didn't they say his IQ was 69?
>>
>>64122453
this is why you should never speak to police until you have a lawyer with you

>cop: so tell me about the dude who got killed
>retard: well I didn't like the guy, but then no one did
>cop then testifies in court saying that the retard told him he hated the victim
>>
>>64123499
i always answer with 'moshi, moshi'
>>
>>64123597

except his own lawyer was actively working for the prosecution behind his back
>>
File: joker.jpg (192 KB, 643x888) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
192 KB, 643x888
>It's a Steven admits to the AP that his nephew isn't that bright episode.
>It's a media interprets it as a threat episode.

>It's an intimidate a 13 year old girl into lying about what her cousin said episode.

>It's a Ken Kratz uses his position as DA to coerce sex from sexual abuse victims episode.
>>
>>64123658
thats why you pay for an outside lawyer instead of accepting one from the state
>>
>>64123507
Wait, so average black males shouldn't be able to be detained for their crimes either?
>>
>it's a brendan just wants to go home and watch mandrama episode
>>
File: len.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
len.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
Hey guys. What's going on in this thread?
>>
>>64123733

kinda hard to do that if you grow up in a family of retards in a trashdump in hicksville wisconsin
>>
>>64123811
Why did you do that shit with Brendon, having him draw pictures and shit?
>>
>>64123195
I looked into it like a year ago. I'm not doing it again. I don't remember all the facts, but I remember it being pretty clear to most non-tinfoil people that they were innocent.
>>
Is this documentary gaining any traction? I've seen Ricky Gervais tweeting about it a bunch. Ken Kratz apparently got a bunch of death threats over the documentary. All I've seen.
>>
>>64124146
If you check out the Ken Kratz yelp page it's been completely flooded with people who saw the documentary.
>>
>>64124171
Didn't he retire after the scandal either way?
>>
>>64123968
So the recorded testimony of the actual people involved and the actual evidence comprises tinfoil, the HBO documentaries are truth, and you can't be bothered to think about it again.

ok goodbye
>>
>>64124245
That's right. I'm not willing to spend hours to research it again just to respond to an internet troll. You won't change my mind and I won't change your mental mind.
>>
>>64124453
then who did it?

>s-someone else
>>
Consensus is that one of the step dads did it. He was seen by neighbors with the kids on that day. He also kept changing his statements and his alibi said he was lying.
>>
>>64125064
>
>>64124915
>>
>>64123198
The ex boyfriend and the brother seemed waaay to sketchy if you ask me. It may be far fetched, but it seems to me that the murdering took place in a whole different place, and that's why that officer ran the plates of the rav4 like 2 days before they even found the car. What seems far fetch about this theory is that for that to happen they must have cremated the body, and plant the bones specifically in the bonfire. Other than that..
>No dna or a single hair of the girl anywhere not the bed, not the trailer not the garage. (the retarded kid said they cut her throat, and cut her hair)
>keys found in plain sight (in like the 5th search) by a police officer with conflict of interest
>same goes for the bullet
>>
>>64125064
What the FUCK are you talking about? You've provided no context.
>>
>>64125064
until the next movie when it's the other stepdad. anyone but the little edgelord brats who did it
>>
OP kill yourself
>>
>>64125332
>no fingerprints of Halbach or Avery in the keys just Avery's DNA
>>
>>64125397
I don't remember the names. All I remember is that the second movie hints at Byers, but that's not the person I'm talking about. Even Byers thinks this person did it. I'm talking about one of the other stepdads that was caught lying and spotted with the kids.

>>64125375
West Memphis 3. I forgot to quote.
>>
I just watched this.
What I took away was:

Maybe he did it, and maybe he didn't, but the police department didn't do their job thoroughly, and there's enough illogical shit going down like zero blood in the car hold, and blood inside the toyota to convince me that there's a reasonable doubt.
As for the kid, it's his word against his own, so the decision to decide what story to believe is a coin toss. And it was fucking heartbreaking to hear this retard ask his mom when he'll get to watch wrestlemania.

But I really really want to see more shows like this. I love true crime, but very very few docs or books even have the thoroughness and examination of the evidence as this did. Most of the time crime shows have shitty reenactments and focus way too much on the victims and the gory details. Which are basically not interesting.
>>
>>64125401

Wisconsin cop detected
>>
>>64125708
Have you seen The Staircase?
>>
>>64123811
I fucking knew that guy was a piece of shit right away. That fucking smile.
>>
>It's a nobody thinks of doing a luminol test in the bedroom episode.
>>
>>64126049
I'm sure they did something like that. They didn't find any blood anywhere.
>>
>>64125834
Downloading it now anon :)
>>
File: Harvey.jpg (49 KB, 936x424) Image search: [Google]
Harvey.jpg
49 KB, 936x424
>>64122724
>except the facts show they actually were murderers

8/10 bait, quality post
>>
>>64125708
Check out the BBC show 'Life and Death Row'
>>
>>64125064
>May 6, 1993: The morning after the murders, Jessie's friend, Buddy Lucas, stopped by Jessie's house. Buddy said Jessie told him he "hurt" some boys in West Memphis the night before. He then broke out in sweat, cried, and gave Buddy a used pair of sneakers (presumably the ones he wore to the crime scene).
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/b_lucas_interview.html

>June 11, 1993: Reports suggest Jessie immediately recanted. He did not. He confessed again to his own attorneys eight days later.
http://wm3truth.com/2012/04/jessie-misskelleys-confession-to-defense-lawyer-june-11-1993/

>August 19, 1993: Jessie Misskelley met with his attorney, Dan Stidham, at the Clay County Detention Center and gave a statement that continued to confirm his guilt.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jm_stidham_8_19_93.html
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/jm_stidham_8_19_93.pdf

>February 4, 1994: On the day he was sentenced to life plus 40 years for the murders, he got in a police car and confessed to the officers all the way to prison.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jmpc.html

>February 8, 1994: He put his hand on a Bible and swore to his attorney (Dan Stidham) that he, Damien, and Jason committed the murders.
http://wm3truth.com/jessie-misskelleys-confession-to-dan-stidham-february-8-1994/
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img2/jm_2_8_94_statement.html
http://www.callahan.8k.com/wm3/prefeb22.html

>February 17, 1994: This time, Jessie confessed to the prosecutors. At the start of the confession the prosecutors noted that Jessie had not been promised any deals for his testimony. His attorneys begged him not to give this confession, but he gave it anyway.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jmfeb.html

>October 24, 1994: A cell mate of Jessie’s named Michael Johnson wrote to prosecutor Brent Davis begging him to keep Jessie behind bars. He said Jessie told him details of the crime. He described Jessie as a “cold, morbid person.”

Why did this guy keep confessing?
>>
>>64126448
Jessie is borderline retarded.

Jessie Misskelley = Brendan Dassey
>>
>>64126537
Wait, so average black males are all innocent too?
>>
>>64122453
Sadly, it's not novel. There was a TV movie from '78 about this kind of thing.
>>
>>64122724
Did you even read the book? He's as innocent as can be
>>
>>64123094
I haven't finished it yet, so forgive me if i'm just being an idiot. The circumstances of her death certainly raise an eyebrow. but holy fuck the investigation, especially the 3 hour farce that led to the confession, was insane. those guys should all be executed for this.
>>
>>64124915
>Can't find the real killer
>Let's just blame the first people I see and call it a day

You should be a cop
>>
>>64126448
>Bullying a retarded kid into confessing things he didnt do

Why does this keep happening in America?
>>
>>64128436
>confessing against attorney's advice to the attorney himself is bullying
What are you trying to say with your post?
>>
>Following their convictions, Echols, Misskelley, and Baldwin submitted imprints of their teeth. These were compared to the alleged bite marks on Stevie Branch's forehead that had not been mentioned in the original autopsy or trial. No matches were found.

They're innocent lads, move along
>>
>>64128526
Innocent because retarded or innocent due to evidence? What's the argument hree and why does it vacillate?
>>
>>64128526
Those weren't even human bite marks.
>>
>>64126448
HOLY SHIT THIS GUY DID IT
>>
>>64128436

> can't write a coherent sentence
>>
>>64123811
that shit eating grin on that litte rat wormy shit. fucking manlets.
>>
>>64125708

>car hold

It's car hole fuckface
>>
At the end of the doc, what doesn't sit right with me is the unprofessional blood sample taken, Lenk always there when great evidence is found, questioning no dna of anyone on the key except for Avery, police not calling the harasser, the lady with the dramatic testimony who just so happened to find the car quickly, the odd tv interview with that older police guy who said along the lines of 'if we wanted him dead, we would have done it and not just framed him' and that call from Lenk's police buddy who called in the car's info while most likely looking at it.

Also did the woman who found the car have any connection to Avery's cousin that was married to a high ranking police officer? And I feel that older bro of the nephew and the step brother in law were on on it somehow. Perhaps even committed the murders themselves and those 2 officers were probably like it's okay, we'll take it from here and you will not be in trouble
>>
>>64124207
On his website he's just a regular practing lawyer now
>>
I still have a few episodes to finish so forgive me, but how in the world could that jury possibly find Steven and Brendan guilty? Obviously the documentary is biased, but it seems so painfully obvious that the whole thing was a setup. Convicting Steven is one thing, but finding retard Brendan guilty is absolutely mind boggling to me.

Sgt Colburn seemed like the biggest crook of them all. I can't
>>
That reporter that looks like a chubby Laura Fraser tho. GOD DAMN. That lady has got the thickness, can I get a hell yeah?
>>
>>64130551
I mean they had a hearing or something but yeah, the kid is just like, yeah or I don't know, can't keep a straight story.
>>
>>64123195
What does it feel like to be autistic? This is not bait, I'm actually interested.
>>
It's funny how Wisconsin accents slowly felt a lot more normal after the first episode (except for extreme cases like Steven's dad)
>>
>>64122453
It'd be funny if this case is ever reopened and a new revelation is revealed. It would be kinda like The Jinx where they actually arrested the perpetrator when the series was released.
>>
>>64133250
More like Paradise Lost.
>>
>>64130551
If I remember correctly, I read that someone related to the Sheriff was on the jury. So, Avery had no chance.
>>
>>64122453
One of the many things that doesn't add up , is the fact that they had the criminal intel to burn the body to ashes, and wipe all traces of blood/hair from the trailer/garage.... But they couldn't destroy the car or put it somewhere away from the junkyard. Also not moving the ashes/bones from the bonfire. I bet the brother or the ex boyfriend had something to do and probably left the car near the premises of the junkyard, that's when the officer ran the plates of the car. How expensive was the trial for the state a couple thousand dollars , against the 38 million he was going to sue? That alone should've granted him a mistrial.
>>
>>64122453
Just be honest
>>
>>64123499
LOL glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Literally every phone call with retardassey & his mom
>>
>>64125708
GIVE THIS KID HIS GOD DAMN WRESTLEMANIA :'(
>>
>>64135064
I remember when he tells his mom he's stupid.
>>
Watching this now, 10 episodes in.

Very disappointing to be honest senpai.

I know it's horrible, but this is one of the most fascinating real life stories I've ever heard. I thought it was impossible for him to be innocent in the beginning, but then when they pulled out that tampered blood vile I was completely floored.

Also, I live like 30 minutes away from Manitowoc County. Maybe if they have a protest to free him, I can go down there and throw up a sign or two about white lives mattering.
>>
>>64137124
Yeah, that got me the most, that broken seal on the blood evidence.
>>
Someone spoil it, what happened, did he do the new crime or not?
>>
>>64122453
It's a terrible accent episode
>>
>it's a judge calls Steve's crimes more severe as he ages, even though he was proven not guilty of the previous one episode
>>
>>64137637
I thought that was weird too.
>>
>>64137428
Just look up Steven Avery.

I personally don't think he did it, but I also only watched the very biased documentary. He's convicted on extremely circumstantial evidence. There's a lot of doubt in the case, and as ridiculous as it sounds, there does seem to be a suggestion of tampered evidence.

Probably the most glaring is the only blood samples found in the entire case were in the car of the victim, and in the police station evidence, there's a container of Steven Avery's blood with the evidence seal broken, and on the vile of blood there's a small hole where a needle was clearly used to extract blood.

Also, there's no blood anywhere in Steven's residence besides in the victim's car, and the bone fragments found on his property were clearly moved at least once.

Yet a jury still said he was guilty of murder, despite 7 jurors going into deliberation believing he was innocent.

I know I just spoiled the bulk of the story for you, but it's a fascinating watch.
>>
File: fargo178.jpg (19 KB, 274x210) Image search: [Google]
fargo178.jpg
19 KB, 274x210
>>64123811
>perfect casting or perfect casting?
>>
>>64123126
because contrary to popular belief its rare for cops and lawyers to do this. They only do it if they
>fuck up
>are trying to blame somebody for certain reasons
Its not that it doesnt happen, but a lot of the tricks they use in interrogations are set up to corner the suspect. If youre dealing with manipulative, sociopathic people you need to fight a little dirty. Its when you get the wrong guy and it back fired that this happens
>>
>>64123811
Is he the most hateable lawyer in the history of the universe?

Obviously that cunt from the Zimmerman trial comes to mind, but at least she cared about what she was representing.
>>
>>64123063
I thought it was a bloody black guy that showed up at a mcdonalds or some shit

now its a dental link to one step dad
>>
>>64131853
I'm easily fooled, I have difficulty making rational judgments based on new information and my opinions and beliefs and extremely rigid and unlikely to change. That's why I fall for conspiracy theory websites like this one, >>64123195. I also have no social skills and I don't realize how funny I smell.
>>
>Mother of retarded son who's technically not retarded, but for all intents and purposes is the stupidest non retard ever
>Predatory detectives only need to do one thing to get a conviction, and that's tell the kid that he did it, and make him sign a piece of paper
>Her son has no conception of what he just did
>Her son is then later asked to sign another confession, his lawyer sells him down the river and says he doesn't need to be present. She's not informed at all of what's going on. The detectives here are even more predatory and use fear to coerce him into making another confession and drawing pictures
>When the case goes to trial, you're too poor to afford a real lawyer who can invest real time in your case, instead you're stuck with public defenders, who were adequate for their role, were nothing compared to what could have been if they could afford the same lawyers Steven afforded

I don't feel as bad for Brenden because he probably doesn't understand the scope of everything, but I feel horrible for his mom, because there was literally nothing she could do as she watched her son completely and ignorantly throw his life away for no reason. I know he probably suffered in jail for the first few months after the conviction, but after that he probably got used to it. Being retarded is not a crime worth being jailed over, but given everything that went down, I don't know if it could have worked out any other way.
>>
>>64123965
You mean when his private investigator sat down with that retarded kid and leaned over his retarded shoulder, breathing down his neck, and coerced said retarded child to draw graphic, sexually explicit, rape scenes? Instructing him by whispering in his retarded, child ear each individual sexually explicit detail in the sexually explicit rape scene?

If you do that to a child, don't you go to prison? Why isn't that investigator in prison?
>>
>>64139286
Because he was presumed guilty.

See, you can blame retardation on the first confession, because they were only suggesting things to him.

The second confession was much more damning because they were literally telling him that he would be abandoned, and hinting that he would be doomed if he didn't sign this confession. All of that without the dickbag lawyer present. He didn't understand any of the consequences or seriousness of his words.
>>
>>64137428
Short answer is that he probably didn't but it's beyond doubt that police tampered with evidence and completely fucked with the investigation for the sole purpose of making sure he was convicted.
>>
Anyone else in Wisconsin willing to go and ruff up a police station?
>>
>>64139425
Call your local BLM and say Steven is black.
>>
>>64139501
Black people don't leave Milwaukee county
>>
>>64139566
Waukesha County here, I can confirm this.
>>
>>64139627
I'm in Muskego anon
>>
>when can I go back to school?

And he just wanted to watch wrestle mania. Damn.

I just
>>
>>64139675
Pewaukee
>>
>>64122724
0/10. Best I can do is call you a dumb faggot.
>>
It seems to me that both are out of options really.
>>
>>64139748
Cool dude
>>
>>64123499
>hello
It's actually
>YULLOW
Listen it's seriously how they say it.
>>
>>64123811
Fun fact: Len represented a friend of mine from high school a few months ago. First my friend confessed. Then he got new counsel and recanted the confession.

The friend is named Eric Zboray if you want to look into the case.
>>
>>64123499
it's wiscAAHNsin so yeah
>>
>>64130386
No, he's now a defense attorney. In fact all of his clients are referred to him by the state and he's a contract public defender. He's not allowed to have contact with women clients, though.
>>
>>64125375
Just watch Paradise Lost III. Even the parents of the victims no longer believe the WM3 did it.
>>
>>64137637
>>64137718
>it's a he was referring to Avery having doused a cat in oil and throwing it into a fire after having run his cousin off the road and threatened her with a firearm episode
>>
File: Wisgomsum.png (164 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Wisgomsum.png
164 KB, 2000x1333
>>64139425
I just passed Andy Colburn on I-43 and gave him the fucking finger.
>>
>>64122453
can anyone find the video of the nephew's random gibberish when he's on the stand
I lost my shit at that
>>
>>64123126
Pretty sure that's exactly what this is.
>>
>>64140162

Dude what time/where? I was shopping at Bay Park and on my way back and thought I saw him and did the same.
>>
>>64125708
Regardless the nephew wasn't guilty beyond any shadow of a doubt, even in a civil court there wasn't enough evidence. The jury was probably a bunch of SJW's
>>
File: Electroma3.png (954 KB, 1355x737) Image search: [Google]
Electroma3.png
954 KB, 1355x737
>It's a Kayla starts crying episode.
>>
>>64140257
It was about fokken four-turdy an' I wuz goin' sout' on fokken Forty-Tree by Mishicot.
>>
>>64139627
>>64139675
>>64139748

A lot of Native American "inspired" names, I assume?
>>
>>64122453
Either way I'm 100% convinced that women should not be allowed to sit on juries now
I watched it with my gf and literally every time one of the lawyers made a statement she would switch sides with that lawyer

I think there should just be 1 opening and closing statement that both lawyers have to co-write, people are way to emotional to let these professional persuaders manipulate them
>>
James Lenk – Lieutenant with the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department
Andrew Colborn – Sergeant with the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department

Are the real people who committed the murders.
>>
>>64140554
Algonquin, yes. "Inspired", no. I think the term you're looking for is "transliterated".
>>
>>64140620
No I meant inspired you pendantic fuck.
>>
>>64140162
Thanks for the spurdo but who is Andy Colburn?
>>64140554
Oh my god anon, you have no idea, look at a map of Wisconsin.
So much of our shit is named after the Indian terms for it. It's actually pretty nice of us to do, but it's hilarious when someone who hasn't grown up hearing the correct pronunciation try to say them.
Muskego means 'sunfish' BTW.
How would you pronounce Oconomowoc? Ashwaubenon? Mukwanago?
>>
Also what about that dude that was hunting and that the brother who was going bow hunting who claim to have seen the girl but could only be placed at the scene by each other. Man I wish I remembered names better.
>>
>>64140636
>it's a the poster is too stupid for the thread shitpost
>>
>>64123126
The real reason the fucked the case up (allegedly) was because this happened in bum fuck wisconsin where everyone from the lawyers to the judge was retarded
My friend's a lawyer and he could talk circles around any of them
>>
File: NFC North.jpg (154 KB, 1515x734) Image search: [Google]
NFC North.jpg
154 KB, 1515x734
>>64140695
He's da fokken cocksucker from Manitowoc County Sherriff's who framed Avery, you dumb shit.
>>
Have the people who set up Avery been doxxed yet?
>>
Anon in beloit, wi. Was a fun ride 9/10 thx netflix. Will be keeping tabs
>>
>>64140745
Oh sorry, I only watched the first few episodes with my family last night and didn't pay close enough attention.
I actually had no idea that /tv/ knew about this, I heard about it from my brothers girlfriend
>>
>>64140696
Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey. They alibied each other and Tadych later attempted to sell a .22 rifle to a co-worker. Both were BTFO'd by the bus driver regarding the timeline. In any event, I think they were trying to hang Steve to save Brendan.
>>
I can't remember ever being this emotionally moved by a documentary. But does this thing have any chance of changing anything? Clearly everyone who has watched this has a strong opinion, but what happens now?
>>
>>64140768
Yup. Facebook and other social media have been a shitstorm since the 19th. Barb Kocourek (former Manitowoc County Sherriff's wife) has since deleted her Facebook account after getting harassed so hard. I've been creeping her Pinterest. Ken Kratz's law firm is getting BTFO'd on Yelp. I'd like to add that none of this is helping. Steven needs a lawyer and the money to pay him. That's all we can do.

All of Theresa Halbach's friends and family have changed their profile pics to the last known photo of her.

Although I have no personal connection to either the Averys or the Halbachs, I've discovered since the series aired I have many friends and family members who do. Everybody is fighting and slinging shit like it's Act 10 all over again.

I was in and out of the Calumet County juvenile justice sustem as a kid and recognized some of those deputies. I of course knew of Kratz, especially after the sexting.
>>
>>64140903
As soon as someone can establish a legal fund, we can get him a lawyer. As long as he can afford access to the courts he has a chance.
>>
>>64128342
thats exactly what happened in Murder on a Sunday Morning
>>
>>64140998
Thanks. Though I was hoping for the information of Lenk, Colborn and Judge Jenkins.
>>
>>64140998
I'm seriously considering calling Kratz's firms office just to call him a piece of shit.
>>
Official Teresa Halbach murder suspects POWER RANKINGS:

1. Her ex-boyfriend that hacked his way into her phone records to get the password for her message box
2. The Dassey boys (not Brenden) that provided inconsistent testimony and were "hunting" at the time of the murder
3. Someone not presented in the documentary that remains at large and without suspicion.

9001. Lenk and Colburn who likely tampered with evidence to frame Steven
900000000000000000001. Steven Avery
90000000000000000000000000001. That retard nephew who should have been put down when he was 12 for being too stupid.
>>
>>64141032
I'd be willing to donate a paycheck to that fund.

I'm sure everyone who watched documentary would do the same.

He had the best lawyers in Wisconsin. Maybe if we give him enough money, some of those will go to bribing the judge and jury.
>>
>>64141103
>>64141107

I'm sure all could be found in the White Pages, but what's the point? It's not like they'll confess. They'll just plant evidence on the first person they suspect.
>>
>>64123499
I say either

>hello?

or

>yeah?
>>
>>64141418
I get that those lawyers are not going to work pro bono, but a part of me wanted them to offer their services to Steve, since they believed so much that he was innocent.
>>
Should I watch this? Is it boring?
>>
>>64123499
I thought this too.

>Yeah?
>Yeah.
>Yeah.

I feel bad for them, but they are so white trash it's not even funny. If they were black, this story would be HUGE right now. Obama would probably have pardoned them by now. Unfortunately they're white and poor, so literally no one gives a shit about them.
>>
>>64141502
Not the least bit boring. Infuriating? Yes.
>>
>>64141502
It's boring till like the end of the first episode.

At the end of the 4th episode, you'll be hooked. Unfortunately there's really nothing as amazing that happens in the rest of the series.
>>
>>64122453
wait is this like a tv version of serial, or does each episode go over a different murder?
>>
is it normal that the news are allowed to mention names/show images of suspects, especially when they are underage?
>>
>>64141502
not boring, could've been trimmed a bit though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
>>
>>64141599
It's 10 hours of Steve Avery and Brenden Dassey on the murder of Teresa Halbach.

There is a shit ton of info in this case, and more twists than any documentary I've ever seen, even Dear Zachary, so you won't get too bored if you start watching it.
>>
>>64141599
It's like serial, if serial was 100 times better and actually about someone who didn't commit the crime.
>>
did they ever say they DNA tested the bones? I assume they had to but I don't remember them saying it specifically
>>
>>64141671
What was the biggest twist for people
Honestly the thing that surprised me most was when Brenden was able to reference a specific book that these murders took place in
It could have been coached by the lawyers but I thought the prosecution had his dead to rights until that point
>>
>>64141862
They don't say in the documentary, however that point is never brought up.

I assumed they can't, because when they bring up the quarry evidence, they say they believe the bones belong to the same person because of the chemical composition, not because of DNA.

I'm not too sure how bone cells are structured, and they were burned basically in an incinerator, so I'd imagine it might not be possible to tell who's bones belong to who.

Either way, if the bones weren't her, who did the Avery's actually murder?
>>
>>64141933
>>64141671
are the twists fabricated for the purpose of tv, or are they legit twists that happened in real life?
>>
>>64141933
Biggest twist for me was the cop calling in a report with the license plate and description of the vehicle, two days before the vehicle was found, then lying about it under oath.

That shit right there, I don't see how they got away with it.
>>
>>64141948
if they never proved the bones were hers, that should have been a huge point to harp on by his lawyers
>>
>>64141933
Yeah, when they said "What book did you read that from?" I literally laughed. Then he mentioned a book, and yeah he was most likely coached.

The biggest shock to me was definitely the blood vile. I thought Avery was clearly guilty before they pulled that shit out.
>>
>>64141980
they're pretty legit, though his lawyers and family seemed to have cameras following them around for reasons that weren't explained
>>
>>64137814
Coming thru
>>
>>64141980
The twists are real and actually happened in real life.

It's just the impact is diminished and eventually made moot by the end of the documentary, due to what the outcome was, which is really disappointing. I wouldn't say it differs from what actually happened, but it is definitely stylized for entertainment. A lot of the big twists are cliffhangers at the end of episodes to make you watch the next one.
>>
They're corrupt in Wisconsin on every level imaginable.
>>
>>64142055

Ehh, a lot of the local law enforcement in Wisconsin suffers from the good 'ol boys club mentality that allows prominent community members to get away with a lot of shit.
>>
File: 1441054805656.jpg (343 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
1441054805656.jpg
343 KB, 1152x2048
>70 iq
>still has a wife, children, fought and won against normies

how did this guy get fucked by society and still achieved more than /tv/?
>>
>>64142091
also a lot of idiots like the cop who got asked if Lenk could've planted the key and his answer was literally
>no, because he's a cop
>>
>>64142111
Look at his wives, though, they're not exactly out of his league.

All it takes is confidence and a likable personality to get chicks. You don't need to be smart or not in prison.
>>
>>64142055

It's not just Wisconsin, shit like this happens all over the US, all the time. We've got a deeply, fundamentally flawed justice system. People are finally starting to speak up about police misconduct on a national scale, but we haven't even started to address what the fuck is happening in our courtrooms
>>
>>64142055
I've only met two cops in my life, both in Milwaukee county, both times I was either getting a ticket, or should have gotten a ticket.

Both cops were professional and very nice, and very fair I thought. One of the cops let me go with nothing, which was nice.

I'm also white, not poor, and didn't argue with them. So maybe that helps.
>>
>>64142166
worst thing is the jury system, the goal in court is not to show the truth, it's to convince 12 random idiots to believe whatever the lawyer is saying
>>
>>64142259
I agree with the Jury system though, because judges can be worse, and it's a lot harder to convince a judge of innocence than it is a jury of peers. Look at Japan, I'd take our court system over theirs.

Of the most notorious cases in US history, the jury sides with the defense in almost all of them. That's not really a good indication, but the intent of the system is to give the defense the benefit of the doubt, and I think that's the best way to do it.
>>
File: 1447228755223.png (336 KB, 861x674) Image search: [Google]
1447228755223.png
336 KB, 861x674
>Watching episode 9 right now
>Teresa's brother laughing saying "We love the police"
This is fucked
>>
>>64142495
From his point of view the Averys are evil.
>>
>>64142166
I think you're letting a few cases skew your judgement
There's millions and millions of cases and arrests every year that go completely fine and are a good thing for society
>>
File: 5.jpg (64 KB, 1004x545) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
64 KB, 1004x545
>>64126448
>>
>>64142259
>>64142581

The problem isn't with the jury system, the problem is with the way our lawyers, judges, and police officers are evaluated. The shit they have to do to keep working. It has nothing to do with arresting the guilty or freeing the innocent. It's all about WINNING, meeting quotas, having the right amount of convictions to show people that you're an effective judge running an effective courtroom, the right number of arrests to prove you're an effective cop. Just like many other aspects of current American society, it's become a study in capitalism run amok, a system that has moved much, much too far in the direction of all-for-profit amorality.
>>
What do you guys think would happen if Phoenix Wright were on the case?

I think he would get Teresa Halbach to testify from beyond the grave and she would point out who the real killer was.
>>
>>64142797
police ticket and arrest quota's are really the only fucked up part, and that could be straightened out on the municipal level if anyone actually cared
I can't possibly think of a better, fairer process than letting people decide which lawyer to get based on past performance

Even the worst people need lawyers and it's not up to anyone but the jury to decide what's "moral"
>>
I still can't comprehend how that jury found simpleton Brendan guilty. Not a shred of physical evidence, just that blatantly fictitious "confession". Blows my fucking mind.
>>
>>64142948
If you take Avery's guilt as a given, like the jury did, it makes a lot of sense to convict him
They should have been tried together
>>
File: Do_you_mean_business.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Do_you_mean_business.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>64142798
they should have gotten Robert Vaughn to represent them
>>
>>64142948
I feel bad for him. That afternoon he spent with the detectives, he was just saying what he thought would please them and let him go. He had no comprehension of what was going on, and thought he could be let go to go back to school when they were done.

>>64142987
Yeah, but the prosecution in the Avery trial abandoned all of Brenden's testimony, and the jury dismissed the sexual mutilation charges, only charging him on the murder, and illegal possession of a firearm, both were arguable without Brenden.

The real killer for the little retard was his phone call to his mom. That, and I don't think his trial lawyers really knew the full case, because they left out crucial evidence, like his phone call to his Mom, saying that the detectives made him lie, immediately after his first confession.
>>
>>64131860
I grew up in Illinois, live in Wisconsin now. I find myself talking sometimes and hear that accent.

It's actually kind of a cool accent, though, so I don't mind.
>>
Why did he get the same judge in the appeals court? That's a bit fucked.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.