[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT what is your least favorite movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
This is one of if not the most poorly written overrated movie of all time. If our society had any kind of taste that didn't involve lapping up mounds of shit then any intelligent human being would have looked at this plot and immediately would called this movie garbage

>Keanu Reeves is an undercover cop
>Who is terrorizing these group of hippy surfers
>Who're using their "smarts" to rob banks
>To "fight the system"
>Because the police force has Steve Bucemi constantly fucking things up for them
>So Keanu Reeves ends up siding with the bad guys
>Lets them go and the main villain ends up dying in the dumbest possible death ever

This should have been the first biggest red flag that Keanu can't act to save his life
>>
>>64121526
The Force Awakens
>>
>>64121555

I agree. As someone who doesn't even enjoy the Star Wars mythos I saw Force Awakens on a whim

Kylo Ren is a fucking sperg. He's like a pepe meme come to life

>FUCKING JEDI GIVE ME MY MAP REEEEEEEEE
>>
Woman or autist confirmed

Point Break is a perfect action film
>>
>>64121658

No its a horribly written action film.

You want a good action film look at Looper.
>>
>>64121526
>Steve Buscemi
I don't remember Steve Buscemi in Point Break
>>
File: assault.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
assault.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
>>64121680
>>64121658

Both idiots. Pic related is an actual good action film
>>
>>64121680
Looper is clever but has no heart, especially when compared to Point Break.
>>
American Beauty, it's shallow and morally psychotic but it's presented so well that it tricks people into thinking it's a good film.
>>
>>64121731

>John Carpenter

I've heard good things about him. Link to where I can watch?
>>
>>64121752

I like Looper because people thought it was a movie about time travel when its actually a movie about how the Butterfly effects can morally fuck us over.
>>
>>64121754

I did enjoy the subplot of the main characters dad having an unintentional bromance with the drug deal and all they did was go get high and give each other massages while calculating drug money.
>>
it's a pretty close race between into darkness, the third hobbit movie and american hustle.. but i think it's going to be real hard to definitively beat into darkness
>>
>implying the dialogue isn't perfect
>implying the shots of the surfing isn't beautiful
>implying the girl isn't stunning
>implying that first bank robbery isn't perfect
>implying busey wasn't perfect for the role
>implying the chase scene isn't legendary
>implying the parachute fight isn't great as well
>implying it didn't end perfectly
>>
>>64121822
That was pretty neat, Spacey rocking out to American Woman is also classic. The rest of the movie blows.
>>
>>64121526
> Steve Buscemi
what
>>
>>64121886

You need to be 21+ to post of the chans senpai.
>>
>>64121526
The original Point Break is a top tier action film. Fuck off OP
>>
>>64121936
What valid criticism, you amaze me with your arguments
>>
>>64121526
this and cap 1 TFA
>>
>>64121962

How can anyone with a straight face believe this at all when action films have evolved so well in the past 2 decades it makes shit like this feel dated

Not even classically dated like "This is fucking trash" dated

If this movie came out in the 1980's its perfect but this is an early 90's movie.
>>
>>64122022
13 year old detected
>>
>>64121526
You have taken shilling to a new level. Brava.
>>
>>64122097

How can I shill a movie I hate that makes no sense.

>>64122093

Then that makes you 5. You appear to be the kind of person who enjoys Michael Bay action films.
>>
Are you 12?

Everything you're describing was novel when put all together in Point Break.

You're just used to other movies copying it.

>watched it on tv just the other night and it still entirely holds up
>>
>>64122652
Yeah same. Saw it for the first time, I can't believe bigelow and Cameron didn't sue fast and the furious producers for being such a cop of PB (if carpenter can do it for that luv besson flick, they can too)
>>
>>64122022
>movies get dated
>new action films are better than the 80's

Pleb
>>
this is a shit thread
people shitting on point break and american beauty?

get your shit together
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 299x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 299x444
This POS & pretty much ever found footage movie ever with the possible exception of chronicle and even that was just Akira in live action
>>
>>64122022
>action films have evolved so well in the last 2 decades
>this entire statement
>films

not sure if literally retarded or bait masterpiece
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.