[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else cringing that they fell for the hype and liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: George-Lucas-Disney-Star-Wars.jpg (47 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
George-Lucas-Disney-Star-Wars.jpg
47 KB, 570x300
Is anyone else cringing that they fell for the hype and liked it on opening day, only to slowly realize it's not good and Di$ney tricked us all?
>>
>>64120860
All of us fell for it, it was another Phantom Menace situation.
>>
>>64120860
>>64120981

Who hurt you? Did Boyega rape you? Did Daisy Ridley deny your offer of a simple dinner date? Did Oscar Isaac reject you when you wanted to hang out? Or did JJ trigger something so deep inside you that you have to come shitpost on /tv/ about a great movie?
Fucking contrarian retards, get over it, its good
>>
>>64120981
Except The Phantom Menace was an actual good movie while TFA is a bad shlock because Lucas had visions, ideas and the skills to make good things with a green screen while TFA looks like a N64 videogame.

But people didn't fall for this bait, numbers are showing that TFA is a massive flop, Disney will lose money
>>
>>64121127
yes but when you realize the reasons why disney made the bits of your brain light up that its 'good' you realize just how bad it is.
>>
>>64121227

Why cant you just enjoy it? Whats wrong with you? Cant you just enjoy a film and have fun? Not everything is supposed to make you think, be dark and gritty, or about a character. Star Wars is for children, its adventure, its exciting. Get over your horrible sense of self loathing and try to enjoy something
>>
>>64121380

Or just keep being a fucking shitposting autist, either way its gonna make over a billion dollars and its still gonna be a solid installation to a great series.
>>
Congrats you got brainwashed by by bitter fags who watched it on cam just so they could cosplay Plinkett
>>
File: 24e8c6255813d8c2bfe1352f310e3145.jpg (238 KB, 2100x1722) Image search: [Google]
24e8c6255813d8c2bfe1352f310e3145.jpg
238 KB, 2100x1722
>>64121380
Why should i have to stoop down to the level of a retard in order to enjoy something. That is the exact mentality that has created such a shitty mainstream /v/ and /tv/ scene in the last 10 years.

>lol you dont like fun
you know what is fun? Having a movie build believable characters with depth and emotion so that i become invested in their story.
I did not give a shit when han solo died. Because he is a character that i dont know anymore. It haqs been ~30 years since we last saw Han Solo, and he has definitely changed as a person in that time frame, yet we see literally no actual character growth or depth with him because "lol its han solo guiz!!!! remember the OT?!?!"

Its shit because it goes no deeper than any generic action movie. It is a very well made action movie, with great sequences and setpeices, and top notch directing, but the only character with any depth whatsoever was Kylo Ren, and they even managed to fuck that up by overplaying the whiny edgy teen in him.

Even marvel capeshit makes me more invested in the characters than TFA did.
>>
I wasn't disappointed at all. The hype was well deserved.
>>
File: 48540561.jpg (118 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
48540561.jpg
118 KB, 500x375
>>64120860
I didn't see it on opening day.

But I did see it, and wish I could un-see it.

>>64121127
It's nothing but a remake of the original trilogy. YOU defend another trench run then another internal attack on another death star, faggot.

You defend the coincidence of a resistance fighter getting attacked only for his droid to conveniently turn up across another Jedi (who happens to instantly know all the Jedi shit without being taught) who coincidentally teams up with the guy who helped Poe escape and both coincidentally find the fucking Falcon right there with lights on and ready to fucking go, where by all coincidence in the vastness of a galaxy it's Han and Chewie who find them where they take the young'uns replacing them in the franchise to the new Yoda who happens to have the lightsaber Luke lost on Bespin while out of nowhere the first order has a super-death star which coincidentally has a trench the x-wings must run to get inside it to blow up bits and destroy it

I have a headache now recalling why it's shit. Hope you're happy.
>>
Movie was an easy 6/10

Not great. Not terrible.

Enough action sequences to keep me entertained, but not enough to to distract from how obvious of a copy the movie is of ep4.

Some of the nods to the older movies were enjoyable, but there were way too many to the point where some were cringe worthy. It also felt like they tried to cram as many references as they could down our throats. Whether it was for nostalgia or brief comic relief, idk, but it didn't work either way.

Acting was well done by most of the cast, but some character development felt rushed to all hell

>instant finn change to the good side
>instant finn/poe bromance
>Rey being naturally talented at every single thing she does

Hell, the only real character to get decent development was Kylo ren. Even though he acted like an edgy teen despite being a grown ass man, he actually had a couple of moments where he was struggling with himself. He wants so bad to be a dark edgelord and a bad guy but still struggles with the light, knowing what he is doing is wrong.
>>
>>64122333
I'm not arguing with dub-trips
>>
File: JarJarHS-SWE.jpg (40 KB, 400x525) Image search: [Google]
JarJarHS-SWE.jpg
40 KB, 400x525
>>64121225
>Except The Phantom Menace was an actual good movie

Really? This low we fell?
in a film with this loathesome cunt?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.